What are you listening to right now? (Part 1)

Started by Lirliel, May 17, 2005, 02:11:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kalen

Bliss

Quote from: Amberghylles on February 20, 2008, 10:23:42 AM
So, Wicked Game in actual gregorian chanting?  Man, I'd love to hear that...

Amberg - I'll toss the file your way.

Tom Waits - No One Knows I'm Gone

then

Tom Waits - Dead and Lovely
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Amberghylles

Quote from: Bliss on February 20, 2008, 10:33:51 AM
Amberg - I'll toss the file your way.

Thank you dearheart. *smiles*

Savage Garden - The Animal Song

next

My Chemical Romance - I Don't Love You

Caustic

Stories are for those late hours in the night when you can't remember how you got from where you were to where you are. Stories are for eternity, when memory is erased, when there is nothing to remember but the story. -Tim O'Brien

Amberghylles

Gregorian Chant - Wicked Game (cover)

Thanks Bliss... it's awesome.

Kalen

Caustic

"Dark City," Luvmenot.  An accidental find, but I like.
Stories are for those late hours in the night when you can't remember how you got from where you were to where you are. Stories are for eternity, when memory is erased, when there is nothing to remember but the story. -Tim O'Brien

Bliss

Rockapella - Shambala
I can't ever be unhappy, listening to this song.
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Kazyth

A rose by any other name... still has thorns you can prick someone with. - Me.

Bliss

Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Kazyth

Higher Ground - Red Hot Chili Peppers cover of Stevie Wonder
A rose by any other name... still has thorns you can prick someone with. - Me.

Caustic

"Mad World," Evergreen Terrace.  Next: "Our Town" by Kittie, featuring Korn.

Bliss

Is that the "Mad World" I'm thinking of, I wonder - cover of one done by wots-their-names, that sang "shout"...?

Savage Garden - I Want You
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Elandra

House of Pain Anthem - House of Pain (duh!)
~~~ ONs & OFFs ~~~ Requests ~~~

Caustic

Quote from: Bliss on February 20, 2008, 02:59:25 PM
Is that the "Mad World" I'm thinking of, I wonder - cover of one done by wots-their-names, that sang "shout"...?

Yes.  Tears for Fears originally recorded it, there's a popular version by Gary Jules that was recorded for Donnie Darko.  This one's like the latter, but... louder, faster, scream-ier.  *shrug*

At the moment: Portishead, "Insensible". 

Bliss

*nods approvingly* I'll have to see if I can't find a copy to give it a listen.

Spoon - Finer Feelings
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Kalen

Bliss

Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Elandra

~~~ ONs & OFFs ~~~ Requests ~~~

Bliss

Snow Patrol - Chasing Cars

If I lay here
If I just laaaay here
Will you lay wiiiith me and just forget the world?
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Caeli

Shibasaki Kou (RUI) - Tsuki no Shizuku [trans: Drops of the Moon]

Lovely, but haunting and sad, song.

At the end of time, the warmth of love grows cold
And shines on the passed, short-lived memories
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

HairyHeretic

Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Amberghylles

"Bad Karma" - Warren Zevon

next

"Grapefruit Diet" - Weird Al Yankovic

Apple of Eris

Stay Beautiful - Manic Street Preachers

then

Methadone Pretty - Manic Street Preachers
Men are those creatures with two legs and eight hands.  ~Jayne Mansfield
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, then call whatever you hit the target. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Amberghylles

"My Beige Bear" - Jonathon Coulton

next

"Better" - Jonathon Coulton "You used to be ok and I liked you that way, but I don't think that I like you better.  No I don't think that I like you better..."