"Input Not Supported" /Old Republic Issue

Started by Silverfyre, December 17, 2011, 04:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silverfyre

So, I am running a GeForce GS 250 and using a screen resolution of 1366 x 768 on an Acer flat screen monitor.  I recently got "Star Wars: the Old Republic" and tried to log into the game only to get a black screen and a "Input Not Supported" error.  I changed the settings in the .ini file and it had no effect.  I figured I'd try to change it in the Monitor Resolution settings in Windows (running 64-bit Windows 7) and if I use any setting aside from my current one, I get the same "input not supported" message.  It's happening not only in the game but the damned resolution settings as well!  I have the latest Nvidia drivers and Direct X and I am stumped here.  How can I get rid of this damned message?

Any help is appreciated.

Oniya

Found this on a Diablo III forum: 

That's usually a sign you have the game set to use a refresh rate or resolution your monitor can't handle.
Set the game to use windowed mode and then try setting the options to match what you want to use.
To get it into windowed mode, open your My Documents folder and the Diablo III folder inside.  You'll see a D3Prefs.txt  file.  Open it with Notepad and look for this line:

DisplayModeWindowMode "0"

Edit it to

DisplayModeWindowMode "1"

Save and exit and start the game up now.

I'd expect there's something similar in the .ini file.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

jouzinka

Changed the setting in the .ini file to what, Silver?

I managed to google this:
QuoteI finally got it fixed. I went into the client INI file and changed the fullscreen. I changed it to FALSE and then the game will load. I'll get to play tonight after work
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?s=89d8945d57714bb6bf5dac25fb39acda&p=365274#post365274

Also this:
http://forums.cnet.com/7723-7591_102-341169/acer-monitor-says-input-not-supported/
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Silverfyre

Yeah, that was the work around I was playing with and unfortunately, it did nothing for me.  The 'Old Republic' game does not have an options program you can run off the main screen so it basically means you sit here and try to screw with the .ini file until it works.

Silverfyre

Ah ha! It was the refresh rate! I set it in the .ini file correctly and we are good to go.  Thanks to you both! 

jouzinka

Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A