You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

September 23, 2021, 04:07:07 am

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Why are request threads public?  (Read 271 times)

Offline Twisted CrowTopic starter

• Knight
  • Enchanter
  • I am 'retired'. Heh...
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
Why are request threads public?
« on: May 21, 2021, 08:29:17 pm »
This mostly just a curious question, as I've been trying to devise a means to still 'request' roleplays without getting too public, these days.  Hehe.

As I've been thinking about how I might actually be able to manage this, it sparked a question from the root of it all... why have they been public, to begin with? I understand the unapproved members still have a place to engage before the results of the process... but why are the primary adult ones (solo, group) even public at all?

My thanks for everyone's time, in advance.  :-)

~D

Online Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!!!
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
Re: Why are request threads public?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2021, 09:44:04 pm »
As I understand it, it's so that people applying to the forum can get a taste of what we have to offer.  Seeing a ton of adult requests being made is far more appealing than only seeing the (rather slow moving) non-adult request boards.

It occurs to me, that if you wanted something nonpublic-but-visible, you could make a 'request post' as part of your O/O thread, and link it in your signature - which unapproved members can't see, and couldn't access even if they could see the link.