Recruiting - A.E.G.I.S. - Demigods, Titans, and Secret Agents - OH MY!

Started by Bloodied Porcelain, September 23, 2015, 12:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Styracosaur

To throw this in here:

FACE CLAIM

Dave Bautista looks just like Andreas Panagakos

Thanks!

Bloodied Porcelain

Claims have been updated. :) We also have our first player-submitted sheet in already. Holy wow, guys. :D
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Hades

Toggle

Tomorrow is my day off, so I'll be doing stuff then.  Was there a Legend rating you intended people to start at?  I saw that someone had Epic Manip 4, which suggests Legend 5. 

Bloodied Porcelain

Once you read the world building/game info thread, you'll find that there is, in fact, no legend rating at all
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

Muse

How are you handling Willpower for these charts?  I noticed you weren't using the Virtues, and that a dot of willpower costs a great deal. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

consortium11

Quote from: Muse on September 25, 2015, 03:22:46 AM
  How are you handling Willpower for these charts?  I noticed you weren't using the Virtues, and that a dot of willpower costs a great deal.

The section on Willpower is at the bottom of this post. Every character starts with Willpower 2 unless one spends bonus points to boost it.

Muse

Thank you, i missed that one. 

I'm wrestling with a concept right now, trying to make some elements come together. 

I'm envisioning a big guy/strong man physicality.  Someone who can get into a toe to toe knockdwn drag out with a giant and hold his own, even come out on top depending on the giant.  He's not exceptioanly agile, but might have a degree of superhuman skill--in the form of arate--to help him out. 

I'm envisioning that he's somewhat domineering sexualy, too the point where he might be involved in dubious consent situtaitons if the mood of the game and writing partner was aporpriate. 

In looking for elements to further expand upon his personality--and what he does besides fight and seduce--I actualy started to play with the idea that he was involved in literature and the humanities in some fashion, like a professor, an actor, or a writer.  Part of this was me flashing on Hank McCoy/Beast--as portrayed in the 90s X-men cartoon--frequenty quoting some classical work in some way relevent to the situation.  In Beast's case, it tended to make people who didn't know him do a double take because someone so animalistic was also so sophisticated.  It would be fun for the same reason with this guy because he was a 'bad boy.' 

Just sharing my thoughts. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Muse on September 25, 2015, 04:00:51 AM
  Thank you, i missed that one. 

I'm wrestling with a concept right now, trying to make some elements come together. 

I'm envisioning a big guy/strong man physicality.  Someone who can get into a toe to toe knockdwn drag out with a giant and hold his own, even come out on top depending on the giant.  He's not exceptioanly agile, but might have a degree of superhuman skill--in the form of arate--to help him out. 

I'm envisioning that he's somewhat domineering sexualy, too the point where he might be involved in dubious consent situtaitons if the mood of the game and writing partner was aporpriate. 

In looking for elements to further expand upon his personality--and what he does besides fight and seduce--I actualy started to play with the idea that he was involved in literature and the humanities in some fashion, like a professor, an actor, or a writer.  Part of this was me flashing on Hank McCoy/Beast--as portrayed in the 90s X-men cartoon--frequenty quoting some classical work in some way relevent to the situation.  In Beast's case, it tended to make people who didn't know him do a double take because someone so animalistic was also so sophisticated.  It would be fun for the same reason with this guy because he was a 'bad boy.' 

Just sharing my thoughts.

He certainly sounds like he'll be fun to see in action. :) Beast was one of my favorite characters in the old comics. ^.^

Bloodied Porcelain

Announcement

My amazing co-GM has finished up getting the blue prints that represent the basic layout of A.E.G.I.S. HQ. They can be found at the bottom of this post.

He's also written a walkthrough guide for those who may be struggling to make sense of the system mechanics of the game. It can be found Here

Muse

*Sighes*  I am drawing so many blanks. 

I need to grab a diferent picture and back way up. 

B.P., do you have any body builder images you really like? 

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Muse on September 25, 2015, 10:02:25 AM

Personally? Not really, it's a rarity I jump for the bulky muscled dudes. But if you're looking for a good buff sort, you could look in Tom Hardy, especially as he looked in Warrior. He's not my favorite face claim, but he's the first buff face claim that comes to mind. :)

ElvenKitten

Thinking a scion of Loki, someone a bit playful and manipulative. Probably the sort that will flirt with anyone friend or foe.

Bloodied Porcelain

It would be worth noting that we already have two characters who are manipulation heavy. If you're sold on a Scion of Loki, I'd likely lean toward a magic user and go mind-heavy, rather than social. We won't automatically turn down another manipulator, but the events/adventures characters will be going on will require more than just people who can talk a lot. :)

Muse

Marie Reynolds

I am potentially interested. Would a support character such as a healer be welcome also the character might not be field agent quality would that be a problem?

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on September 25, 2015, 12:19:00 PM
I am potentially interested. Would a support character such as a healer be welcome also the character might not be field agent quality would that be a problem?

Certainly, support characters are welcome, especially healers, since we don't have any of those at the moment. :) Just be aware that your character might end up having to sit out the more dangerous parts of the missions, or at least hang back while others take care of the baddies. Then yours could rush in and fix people up. :D

Marie Reynolds

I am okay with that. So are  the Tuatha  De Dannan allowed to be played?

Bloodied Porcelain

No. Please read through the world information thread. Only the original "big six" pantheons from the hero book are allowed.

BitterSweet

Quote from: Muse on September 25, 2015, 10:02:25 AM

There's also Dwayne Johson (the rock) and Vin Disel

Muse

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: BitterSweet on September 25, 2015, 01:45:36 PM
There's also Dwayne Johson (the rock) and Vin Disel

Oooh, those are also good ideas. I can't believe I hadn't thought of them, cause I like them way way way more than Hardy. xD

Quote from: Muse on September 25, 2015, 01:51:08 PM
How about Jason Momoa? 

http://www.geeksofdoom.com/GoD/img/2013/12/jason-momoa.jpg

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/fp/Jason+Momoa+LAFF+2011+Devil+Double+Special+lHhy0zLJzx1l.jpg

I think I can work well with this guy, but i'd like to please the ladies.  :) 

Momoa is okay, though I have to be in a particular mood to like him. Personally, I think you should stop worrying so much about "what the ladies like" and just pick based on what suits the character in your head.

Muse

*Smiles* I frequenty take the process from character at start, finishing with picture. 

In this case, I'm kind of working from all directions at once. 

But I think Jason Momoa is working for this concept.  So if you think you'll find him pleasing as the visual face for what I hope will prove to be good writing, I'd like to register him as a face claim. 

(B.P., I was originaly trying to work with a one of your native american guy images.  Do they not strike you as 'buff'?  ) 

consortium11

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on September 25, 2015, 01:53:05 PMPersonally, I think you should stop worrying so much about "what the ladies like" and just pick based on what suits the character in your head.

I didn't quite do it this time (Jake Gyllenhaal may not win many "world's hottest man" competitions but he's hardly paper bag material either) but I do keep intending to run a character who would generally be considered ugly. In truth I wasn't that far off picking Toby Jones as my face-claim for this story.