Bad news: Hell's full, and the Dead walk the earth. Good news: CDC has a plan.

Started by Wolfy, May 19, 2011, 02:25:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

http://blogs.cdc.gov/publichealthmatters/2011/05/preparedness-101-zombie-apocalypse/

Hells yes, it's about time the government comes up with a plan for a zombie outbreak. I mean sheesh, what took them so long? :/

Shjade

They could've saved time by just copy/pasting from the Zombie Survival Guide.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Pointless Digression

In recent years, "zombie apocalypse" has been used a couple times as a hypothetical scenario in first responders' and disaster preparedness meetings because it encourages brainstorming and thinking outside the box.

While researching for World War Z, Max Brooks interviewed representatives from various police departments, emergency responders, and Homeland Security regarding the best way to defend against a zombie attack. According to Brooks, almost all the people he talked to had put at least some amount of thought into the subject.

Oniya

I think it's good to know that the CDC has some sense of humor.  It makes me think they'd appreciate things like this:

http://www.giantmicrobes.com/us/products/swineflu.html
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

ReanimateMagnus

Lyell

I personally have my own zombie hunting permit. Naturally it comes with an infinite kill limit.
When you absolutely, positively have to kill it with fire...accept no substitutes.

Callie Del Noire

Well you do the same sort of things for their other epidemics.  Stock up. Avoid others, ect.

Lyell

I disagree with avoid others unless you have walls surrounding your home that are impossible to climb. Otherwise, who'll protect you while you sleep?
When you absolutely, positively have to kill it with fire...accept no substitutes.

ReanimateMagnus

Quote from: Lyell on May 20, 2011, 02:00:56 AM
I disagree with avoid others unless you have walls surrounding your home that are impossible to climb. Otherwise, who'll protect you while you sleep?

Sleeping in shifts always works in DnD from zombies.

Martee

Quote from: Pointless Digression on May 19, 2011, 02:47:03 PM
In recent years, "zombie apocalypse" has been used a couple times as a hypothetical scenario in first responders' and disaster preparedness meetings because it encourages brainstorming and thinking outside the box.

While researching for World War Z, Max Brooks interviewed representatives from various police departments, emergency responders, and Homeland Security regarding the best way to defend against a zombie attack. According to Brooks, almost all the people he talked to had put at least some amount of thought into the subject.

So comforting to know I'm not the only person who does this.

Status as of March 5th: In like a lion - only one response outstanding

Beauty Rapax

I think this was a brilliant move on the CDC's part for encouraging a traditionally apathetic segment of the population. Now even the guy glued to his XBox is going to pack some provisions for the naturally disasters.