MARVEL - A New Fate: Recruitment (Continually Recruiting)

Started by Veluux, October 30, 2012, 08:53:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crash

I'll play a female character as my second if people don't mind a guy playing a female character.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

apygoos

Kokaine

I'm interested provided this game does not get so fast that it requires a post per day.

I'd be interested in playing Elsa Bloodstone if she could be worked in, otherwise X-23 would be fun.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

apygoos

im one to assume this RP will only require as much post as active into a scene you get. X-23 is very quiet and conserved[and one of my fav marvel characters], unless you were intending to break her out of that.

Crash

Name: Marcus “Wreck” Magnusson

Powers:
Super Strength
Super Endurance
Leaping
Telekenisis (Limited to Non-living Matter)
Tremor Sense

Arch Enemies:
Apocalypse
Blighter
Hurt & Harm (His Judgement modified sisters)

Marcus grew up in <Insert destroyed City Here>.  His father was a construction worker and his mother a bookkeeper.  His parents were far from rich, but they worked hard and saved well and provided a loving home for Marcus and his sisters, Haley and Harmony.  Marcus inherited his work ethic and blue collar mentality from his parents which have served him as well or better than any super powers would acquire.

Marcus was a high school football star and hockey player and was looking at a full ride sports scholarship to University when Apocalypse came.  Marcus would have been killed by one of Apocalypse’s “recruitment” squads while defending his family, but was spared by Blighter the team leader.  Instead he was beaten within an inch of his life and his mother killed as an example of what happens when your resist Apocalypse.  He still blames himself for his mother’s death.  Marcus was separated from this family and assured that if he cooperated with his captors his sisters would be spared (they weren’t and were given the elixir as well but he does not know it or what the results were).  Out of the twenty or so captives given the elixir with him, Marcus was the only one to survive.

Always strong Marcus became even stronger.  He could leap great distances and developed a limited telekinesis based on non-living matter.  Thinking he could still protect his sisters Marcus was put to work on Blighter’s “recruitment” squad. Marcus became one of Blighter top recruiters.  He was a natural urban hunter with his new powers and behind the mask he wore he became feared by many and loathed himself for it.

It wasn’t until Marcus’s recruitment squad was attacked by members of the resistance that he found a chance to escape.  The resulting combat killed most of this squad and all of the resistance squad but one, a badly wounded Diamondback.  Thinking his squad was all dead (Blighter survived), Marcus took the wounded Diamondback and the human recruits that were just his captives and hid them in the rubble of the ruined city where they have been surviving on their own for a few weeks (this is where they will start in game).   Marcus removed his mask and hid his old uniform before leaving with the fugitives so they would have no idea of his former allegiance.  He has taken the nickname “Wreck” instead and is working to keep this ragtag group of fugitives safe until they can find the resistance.

Before Apocalypse Marcus was a strong, quiet kid.  He has a great work ethic and a practical streak a mile wide. He knew he was stronger than most and it scared him a little so he tried to be very gentle around those smaller than himself.  He still isn’t much of a talker, but broods over what he has done and worries about his sisters.  He is very caring under his gruff exterior.  Though he doesn’t think of himself as a leader the other refuges are beginning to look up to him and he feels he has to do his best for their sake.  He took the name “Wreck” because of his sister Harmony who said he looked like a “Wreck” right before his first date.

Powers: Marcus’s powers are a manifestation of himself.  He is strong and blue collar and it kills him inside to know that he has caused the death of many of the recruits he captured for Blighter.  Marcus’s innate strength grew to supernatural proportions when he was administered the elixir.  He was also “gifted” with telekinesis, but the manifestation of this mutation is limited to non-living matter such as concrete and steel.  He couldn’t lift even a small child with his ability.  This seems to match his personality to a tee as hurting people goes against everything his parents raised him to believe in.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

LiliPep

You know, bringing new life to Jane Foster would be an interesting feat. I think I would like to take it on if that is ok with everyone else. As far as the abilities that she manifests, I am not sure what she will develop but I will think on it. (Thoughts are not unwelcome.) 
For my O/o's check out My Roleplay Preferences link below my Avatar.

Veluux

Quote from: Kokaine on November 01, 2012, 01:48:32 PM
I'm interested provided this game does not get so fast that it requires a post per day.

I'd be interested in playing Elsa Bloodstone if she could be worked in, otherwise X-23 would be fun.

My requirements are listed in the first post. I'm looking for a rate of once per week (sometimes more if you're feeling frisky). Through my experience here I've noticed that most people's posting rate waxes and wanes. Everyone can post as much as they'd like (so long as they don't disrupt the flow of the story or overpower the main plot); but I do require a once per week minimum. If there is some type of RL emergency and you can't hit the once-per-week mark for some reason, let myself or one of the other GMs know as soon as you can so we can plan around it and keep your character tied in via some plot device or game mechanic.

Communication is key. I'm not a nazi with rules of posting rate, length, detail, etc... so long as the lines of communication are open.

Rant over.

I think this game will have a nice easy posting rate. Most group games tend to start fast and then simmer down for a while, picking up again at action moments or erotic scenes. I'll try to keep the plot active and interesting for everyone's muse. If you're not feeling it for whatever reason - let me know. I can find ways to give individual character's room to play, grow, and develop - just let me know what you all need.

I am watching you [you]...
From the darkest of shadows...

Veluux

Quote from: Kokaine on November 01, 2012, 01:48:32 PM

Oh. And Elsa Bloodstone is fine. Should be interesting to see her and Blade as part of the group. I like the fact that everyone is reaching outside of the traditional 'Avengers, X-Men, Fantastic Four' box. This is good!

apygoos

sounds like a plan, I can post many times a day XD
eager to see the character sheets

Veluux

Crash I'll add you in as Diamondback for your 'claimed' character, with your OC as your secondary.

(Primary and secondary characters don't differ at all except that you can't "claim" your secondary character. Since OC's aren't canon and can't be claimed by anyone else, it just makes sense to list them as your secondary. That way you get the canon char you really want!)

Vergil1989

Just to ask but did you ever get a completed character sheet drawn up there Veluux?
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

Kokaine

Quote from: Veluux on November 01, 2012, 06:02:23 PM
My requirements are listed in the first post. I'm looking for a rate of once per week (sometimes more if you're feeling frisky). Through my experience here I've noticed that most people's posting rate waxes and wanes. Everyone can post as much as they'd like (so long as they don't disrupt the flow of the story or overpower the main plot); but I do require a once per week minimum. If there is some type of RL emergency and you can't hit the once-per-week mark for some reason, let myself or one of the other GMs know as soon as you can so we can plan around it and keep your character tied in via some plot device or game mechanic.

Communication is key. I'm not a nazi with rules of posting rate, length, detail, etc... so long as the lines of communication are open.

Rant over.

I think this game will have a nice easy posting rate. Most group games tend to start fast and then simmer down for a while, picking up again at action moments or erotic scenes. I'll try to keep the plot active and interesting for everyone's muse. If you're not feeling it for whatever reason - let me know. I can find ways to give individual character's room to play, grow, and develop - just let me know what you all need.

Once a week is plenty fair and doable and of course if I've got the time or proper motivation I can post more. Usually a couple times a week is where I am. I just know that sometimes games can take off at a sprint right out the gate and I'd just be in the way if that was the case. So I guess we'll see. If there's an issue I'll do my best to communicate up front.

Quote from: Veluux on November 01, 2012, 06:03:54 PM
Oh. And Elsa Bloodstone is fine. Should be interesting to see her and Blade as part of the group. I like the fact that everyone is reaching outside of the traditional 'Avengers, X-Men, Fantastic Four' box. This is good!

And yay! I thought about giving Elektra a shot but I am wary of playing canon characters (especially since I don't know her full story) so I thought I'd step a little outside the mainstream with Elsa and see how it goes.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Veluux

Quote from: Vergil1989 on November 01, 2012, 06:09:56 PM
Just to ask but did you ever get a completed character sheet drawn up there Veluux?

I just posted a GM update in the OOC and Plot Discussion Thread - it's got details about that in it. For future reference, that is where all GM updates will be posted until I get the main directory up tonight or tomorrow.

This thread here is just for recruitment and for questions from prospective players. If I already have you on the roster or you have an OC character bio pending already please use the OOC and Plot Discussion as your forum for questions not related to recruitment or character selection. Thanks!

Crash

Veluux

Quote from: Crash on November 01, 2012, 06:35:45 PM
Vel,

Just to verify.  Does that mean you have accepted Wreck?

No, sorry. Just got home and trying to respond to as many of the small question PM's and other OOC questions I have in my other two games. I'm saving the big stuff for after I eat dinner and shower (give me a couple hours and I'll look over him and give you my thoughts). Plus I wanted to give our other players ample time to offer their own constructive criticism before I pipe in. ^.^ Sorry for the delay.

Crash

Not a problem. That was exactly why I asked. If you have any questions or concerns please let me know here or in PM.

bubby

Crash

Veluux

Quote from: Crash on November 02, 2012, 10:33:09 AM
Updated Marcus.

Marcus approved. Love the history. Powers match his personality well. Great job tying him into the story and leaving flexibility to be inserted right into the mix. Ill have Apocalypse and Wade Wilson up today as well as a code template for the bios. Youve covered a lot already, couldnt be better!

Bubby I replied.

Crash

RedEve

Is any Marvel character up for grabs? If so, I'd be interested in the Black Cat.
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Veluux

Quote from: RedEve on November 02, 2012, 12:03:24 PM
Is any Marvel character up for grabs? If so, I'd be interested in the Black Cat.

Yes, any. I'll pen you in for Black Cat then.

RedEve

"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Vergil1989

Not yet but here soon hopefully RedEve.  There is an example sheet up but I myself am waiting for the coded and fully done version to show up first before drawing up my own lol.
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

Veluux

Quote from: RedEve on November 02, 2012, 12:45:05 PM
Is there a CS?

I'll be creating the template for a character bio sheet today, but until then you can participate over in the OOC and Plot Discussion thread if you have another other questions or concerns. I will be around on and off today to answer questions (also as I'll be doing my own Character sheets). If I can't get to your questions right away, hopefully one of the other GMs or players might be able to address them before I can.

The link for the OOC thread is HERE