New Message...But Nothing is There.

Started by AngelofShadows, June 21, 2014, 03:46:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AngelofShadows

So...I apparently have a new message...only...there are no new messages in my pm box. I have made sure that all of my labels are correct, and that my rules are correct. However, I have a label that says I have a new pm...but there are no pm's new in that label. I have cleared my cookies multiple times, and nothing seems to help.

What do I do?

Aislinn

Hello!

This does happen from time to time. I know that there are other 'help' threads that address the issue so let me track one of those down and I'll link it here for you. I don't know the exact cause of it...but I do know that there is information in the threads that can help you.

I'll post the link here once I find it!
"I am the one thing in life I can control
I am inimitable I am an original
I'm not falling behind or running late
I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”

Aislinn

This is the only one I can find at the moment. A bit different then your question but I think still in the same vein.

Hopefully this helps!

Edit: I suppose it would help if I would actually put the link in the post....

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=188606.0
"I am the one thing in life I can control
I am inimitable I am an original
I'm not falling behind or running late
I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”

AngelofShadows

Thanks! It got reset somehow...maybe one of the dozen times I logged out...and now its allllll better. Yay!

Blythe

This happens every once in a while. The "shadow" message will linger for a bit, but within a few hours, it's usually gone. Sometimes receiving a new message will get rid of it (although not always--and it must be from someone else; PMing yourself doesn't work). Sometimes clearing my Elliquiy cookies got rid of it, and sometimes it was just a matter of waiting it out.

Kitsunetsuki

This actually happened to me yesterday, I figured it out but don't know if my problem is the same as yours...

Basically, it showed up after I had clicked on a link in my email to reply to a message...In the meantime, another message (from someone else) had come in, burying the message I was replying to deeper.

So, because I clicked on the link instead of visiting the message thread directly, it rendered the message "unread" even though I replied. After I visited that message thread & scrolled down to the latest message, it marked everything "read."

All this to say, if you find you are replying to messages via the link in your email, that may be causing the "unread" issue. XD Hope this helps someone!
[tr]
[td]
O.Os~A.As (around but not seeking)
Ideas (up-to-date)
Poetry~Singing~Wiki~Characters
How the men of Elliquiy have ruined me[/td][/tr][/table]