VictorianPunk - Agency Mysteries in a parallel world

Started by Ramael, October 18, 2011, 09:51:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maelyn

I just have the one character on the LoS side.  I'm considering either having her have searched for the oasis again or contemplating it a return.  Could be an interesting side adventure perhaps, though I kind of imagine it more as a mystical place that just appears to certain deserving beings in their time of need, so she may never find it again.  Something to ponder. 

Ramael

Alright, I think we've got enough players to to be starting off with.

The LoS's HQ will be in London (Brittania), I think that's appropriate. The Club...I thought of France, but I think it needs to be a touch more exotic to reflect their slightly more exotic origins. Maybe one of the French colonies in Africa, although that puts them a continent in between their rivals and any possible action in the Republic of America. I know it's fictional, but logic would accord the Club being at a disadvantage geography wise. Any other ideas for Europe? I don't imagine they'd be nestled in America, but if someone gives me an apt argument...

First plot will be a race to cavorite! The gravity-defying element, the superior alternative to steam-powered airships, and the option to give either team (or the Mystus Order) the power to build very swift, clean and powerful airships, to either use as high-speed travel to any place, or as an intimidating weapon used to assure supremacy or challenge the dominant powers. A starting plot not too complex in itself, and allows for action whilst

If either PC team manages to get it, they both have access to government workshops that can work the cavorite into existing airships/zeppelins/whatever air travel vessel you want. LoS will be able to pull strings with one or a couple of governments they have done favours for before, and the Enigma Club's shady benefactors have their own contacts.

I'll let you come up with what you think each team's headquarter's should actually be (a museum, a disused train station, a pub, an old ballroom...) let me know if/when you come to a decision in your respective teams, and I'll get the starting IC threads up.

TheGlyphstone

Howabout Germany? It's the home of the Brothers Grimm.

Maelyn

For the club, if you did want to do paris, the catacombs would be ideal, i would think. Otherwise, maybe secret castle in the black forest in germany? Or something similar in russia. Or a series of modernized caves in the middle east.  Or i think there are old underground cities all over, like in italy. Or a private island in the med near greece perhaps. Thats just off the top of my head.

As for the league, how about a portion of the underground/tube. Lots of room down there for all kinds of things, ease for transportation and all kinds of exits, etc.

Kristine

If you're not afraid of using cliche, than somewhere in Eastern Europe would be suitable for Enigma Club perfectly... Say Transylvania, the homeland of Count Dracula. They can even have his castle as a residence.

PeacethatPowerbrings

Well, my idea for the Enigma club would be that their HQ would probably be in eastern europe. Basically the slavic countries would be their support nation-wise, and putting them in romania, would put them between the Mystus order, the LoS, and their own backyard, so to speak. In terms of a specific HQ, I'd side in the realm of the slightly cliche, and go with Hunyad Castle. Though, I'd imagine they'd have quite a few smaller holdings throughout Europe, where they'd be able to dock their zepplins. I do like the idea of a paris catacombs base in that regard, and also something in French Africa, as secondary sites.
I am filled with recollections of lives I have not lived.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Kristine on October 24, 2011, 05:32:44 PM
If you're not afraid of using cliche, than somewhere in Eastern Europe would be suitable for Enigma Club perfectly... Say Transylvania, the homeland of Count Dracula. They can even have his castle as a residence.

Heck, maybe he's a high-ranking member.

PeacethatPowerbrings

So, I guess Kristine and I are on the same page in terms of the Enigma Club HQ, Amazon and yindaijin, did you have other ideas or want to go with what we've got?

Kristine

In fact, I liked other ideas as well. So any choice that will be made will be perfectly ok for me

Le Immortelle

I'm fine with any of the ideas posted so far. All of them sound like an interesting location for the strange bunch that Enigma Club is to come together and plot some schemes. :)

Love And Submission

Is this still alive? Was thinking of making a Flying Dutchman.

Discord: SouthOfHeaven#3454

Ramael

Yep yep yep. Good character idea! Shan't be posting for a coupla days, halloween/birthday weekend.

Maelyn

Kristine

Nah... Seems like the doom that follows every game that I post in has grabbed this one as well :P

TheGlyphstone

Hey, that's my doom you're claiming credit for, though mine usually takes a month or so for full effect.

Maelyn

Damn.  I was trying to be optimistic. I have that same problem,  unfortunately. :(

Alysanthia

Le Immortelle

Maelyn

TheGlyphstone

More like stillborn. Ramael promised he'd be back a week ago, and hasn't posted since.

Le Immortelle

Well Ramael has vanished, but is anyone else interested in getting this going with me, acting as a co-gm?

TheGlyphstone

I'd love to still see it take off, though my plate of stuff is too full to volunteer for any co-GM duties.

PeacethatPowerbrings

PeacethatPowerbrings

Amazon and I will be taking over as co-GMs if there aren't any objections.

On that note, we'd like to know who is still interested in being involved.