2 RP ideas

Started by CWand, July 26, 2009, 01:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CWand

1. a game set in the elder scrolls, the world of Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Redguard, battlespire, etc, allowing us to travel the world and explore and interact with its world?  I probably could run this game but i'd prefer not to as I easily get myself lost in details in such a wonderful setting as the elder scrolls?

2. This is a far more interesting game to me.  Its based on one i've played in the past, the players would be a crew of 6-10 players for a NASA manned mission to mars.  For anyone who's read Kim Stanley Robbinson's Mars Trilogy (Red Green and Blue Mars) or "The Martians" you may get the idea I have since its along similar lines to the books.  The game would go from basic mission training on earth, all the way to arriving on Mars, spending 9 to eighteen months on Mars, exploring, and researching its geology, history, and performing simple experiments, and then the trip back to earth, or if we wanted the establishment of a temporary or permanent colony on Mars? Opinions?
If the universe is infinite, and there are an infinite number of universes that could exist, there must be by definition of the world infinite, an infinite number of worlds, and possibilities out there, and somewhere our lives played out with no regrets, fears, or discomfort.  If only that worked in practice....

Ons and Offs

CWand

If anyone finds either idea interesting feel free to Post here or PM me to ask questions or make comments.
If the universe is infinite, and there are an infinite number of universes that could exist, there must be by definition of the world infinite, an infinite number of worlds, and possibilities out there, and somewhere our lives played out with no regrets, fears, or discomfort.  If only that worked in practice....

Ons and Offs

Muse

While i'm not familiar with either of those backgrounds, and haven't the time to play, i just watned to say how awesome I thought the martial concept sounded. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Josietta

I do like your space idea. You should definitely flesh it out a little more to draw in more interest, especially for those of us who have not read the books and such. Are we looking to play humans up against an alien race at some point? Are we just exploring and leaning on each other for survival? Is it more about the setting or the people involved? What time frame does this take place, as in technologically speaking? The idea is wonderful, I'd just ask for more info before I'd give a yea or nay either way. *nods*

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

CWand

Its in the very near future, next fifty years or so, most of today's technology with slight improvements due to natural evolution of the technology with time. It will mainly be about the crew, through training and on into their survival on mars.  With the potential of forming an actual colony there on mars.  I could add aliens if you really wanted, but at this time i don't intend to, I always take suggestions from the players in a game though and if enough of them wanted some form of alien life or sentience to be on mars would could eventually find it.  Alot of the game will focus on Character interaction and development, for example Katrina, my character is naturally shy, but very intelligent, the slow process of her developing to be more sure of herself around other people, as she bonds with the crew.

Ons and Offs

Josietta

*smiles* that does sound intriguing. I'd love to see how many you get for this and who's interested. Keep me in mind if it gets going.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

DarkAngel

The mars one interests me to no end .... I love out of space

Carl Sagan was my hero (Yes I'm a nerd)

CWand

Well i'm starting another thread just for the mars one now.

Ons and Offs

Moon and Star

*coughs* I might be interested in the Elderscrolls one... *points to her name* Yah.... I just found this section of the forum a day or so ago... Durr :B

senshi32

i'd be interested in the 2nd RP idea

CWand

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=43004.0

thats for the Mars RP's discussion thread since we're not yet full and two of the players arn't yet free enough but have expressed interest.

:P as for the elder scrolls one really your the only one i recalling showing interest Nerevarine :)

Ons and Offs