Guilty or Not Guilty II

Started by Ariel, June 12, 2019, 03:25:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lilias

Not guilty. I've hated the people, but the job itself was decent.

TNP has thought 'screw this' and walked out of an interview at least once.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated May 10) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

LostInTheMist

Guilty. It was an interview for a job I had previously held at the same company, but I was going to lose all the seniority I had accrued, plus the additional money. I'd be working my old job for minimum wage, and working whatever hours they picked for me.

I had a fair amount of money saved up, so I walked out on them. There may have been a little swearing.

Passing it on.
My Apologies and Absences  Updated April 1, 2024

My Ons and Offs

My Smutty Ideas
My Serious Ideas

Current Status: House sitting. Will not be replying until I return. See my A/As for details.

Lingo

Not guilty. I've always had very solid interview experiences, even if the job turned out not to be my cup of tea. 

TNP could use a nap right about now. 

RainyHigh

Guilty AF.

The next poster also wants to take a nap or just have a full 8 hours of sleep (or close to that).
Rainy's Ons and Offs
Currently NOT open for solo stories
Rainy's Scene Tracker

Tuttle

Guilty. Shift work is kicking my old bahookey.

TNP has been to San Diego and almost run over a small child on a bicycle while riding along the waterfront.
"Courage is rightly esteemed the first of human qualities... because it is the quality which guarantees all others." - Winston Churchill

LostInTheMist

Not guilty. Oddly specific. I have been to San Diego and have ridden along the waterfront (in a van with my church mission group 20 years ago.)

TNP has been to Comic Con. Any Comic Con.

My Ons and Offs

My Smutty Ideas
My Serious Ideas

Current Status: House sitting. Will not be replying until I return. See my A/As for details.

Grebel

Guilty. It was a small Comic Con, which was confirmed by the fact that the biggest celebrity there signing autographs was the dad from “Dawson’s Creek”.  In my defense I only went because my nephew really wanted to go.  However, I admit I was very into the vintage He-Man castles for sale and had a lot of fun checking out some of the crazy robots and other nerd technology they had on display that was really cool. 

TNP believes they were someone famous in a past life. 

LostInTheMist

Not guilty. I used to, but I'm not convinced of the whole reincarnation thing. I'd like to think we get more than one shot to get it right, but....

Passing it on.

My Ons and Offs

My Smutty Ideas
My Serious Ideas

Lilias

Not guilty. I don't believe in past lives anyway.

TNP is looking forward to some book coming out.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated May 10) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

RainyHigh

Guilty~ I'm looking forward to quite a few summer releases!

The next person is excited about an upcoming holiday.
Rainy's Ons and Offs
Rainy's Scene Tracker

LostInTheMist

Not guilty. I don't really get any holidays off, my family doesn't do anything for July 4 (unless my sister happens to be around, and then we celebrate her birthday, which is July 3), and Thanksgiving and Christmas are a living hell for retail, plus there's never enough of my family in one place to really celebrate it. (My Mom was always the driving force that got everyone into one place, and my Dad just doesn't have the energy to do that.)

TNP is excited about "Star Wars: Outlaws."

My Ons and Offs

My Smutty Ideas
My Serious Ideas

Lingo

Not guilty. Star Wars isn't my cup of tea. 

TNP is currently taking some sort of class. 

LostInTheMist

Not guilty. Educating myself on things entirely freeform now.

TNP has learned a cool fact that they don't think anyone else would appreciate some time in the last seven days.

My Ons and Offs

My Smutty Ideas
My Serious Ideas

Lilias

Not guilty. It's been a slow week :-D The only cool thing I learned (that Bernard Hill was the only actor to have been part of two movies that won 11 Oscars each) is definitely appreciated among both movie stat buffs and Tolkien fans.

TNP has given up halfway on a book/TV show this year.
~Wendell Berry

LostInTheMist

Guilty. The tv show "Foundation." I just... can't. I thought it was because it fails as an adaptation of Isaac Asimov's novels (which it does), so I went back to it just as a Science Fiction tv show, with no consideration of Asimov, but it turns out it fails as a Science Fiction tv show as well. I know a lot of people like it, but I just... can't.

Passing it on, 'cause it's an interesting question.

My Ons and Offs

My Smutty Ideas
My Serious Ideas

Observing Trifles

Not guilty yet. Sometimes I struggle to complete a series I really like, but usually for one of two reasons. One, I don't want it to end yet, so I procrastinate. Two, it's too heavy for my neurodivergent brain at the moment, so I put it on the shelf and come back later.

I'm halfway through Shogun, but I had to shelve it for a bit because I needed something lighter. I'll come back to it! Eventually.

TNP loves to cook but doesn't always have the time for it.
|| the hunt ||

i'm caught up in your design
and how it connects to mine
i see in a different light the objects of my desire
not acid nor alkaline

𐕣

LostInTheMist

Guilty. I love cooking, but I have to combine having the motivation and having the time. The latter is usually harder to come by than the former. (As usually the former only crops up when I already have the time.) Last thing I cooked was a broccoli cheese casserole, of which I finished the last leftovers last night. I will whip up random creations from time to time, like this morning I turned a couple of hard boiled eggs into scrambled eggs with habanero ketchup by using an egg slicer, a pat of butter, and a microwave. But that doesn't really count as cooking, in my opinion.

TNP is a picky eater.

My Ons and Offs

My Smutty Ideas
My Serious Ideas

Lingo

I am a vegetarian, but outside of meat I'll eat anything. So I'd still say not guilty. 

TNP is trying to kick a bad habit. 

ChaoticDreamSystem

Guilty. I have a bad habit of procrastinating.

Speaking of, TNP is putting off an important task.

RainyHigh

Abso-forking-lutely. I am a master at procrastinating. >_> Oh. Guilty.

The next person got at least 5 hours of sleep the last time they slept.
Rainy's Ons and Offs
Rainy's Scene Tracker

LostInTheMist

Not guilty. I actually didn't sleep last night (my bad) so I've kinda been dozing throughout the day, but never more than an hour or so at a time, and I've kept myself from doing so the last several hours so that when I go to bed tonight in several hours, I have a shot at actually getting some decent sleep.

TNP has gotten at least eight hours of sleep in one night (or day, if you work at night) at some point in the last 7 days.

My Ons and Offs

My Smutty Ideas
My Serious Ideas

Lilias

Not guilty. I dozed a lot, as I was ill, but most was not real sleep, nor uninterrupted.

TNP hasn't bought a physical magazine this year.
~Wendell Berry

LostInTheMist

Guilty if you don't count subscriptions. If you do count subscriptions, then very much not guilty.

TNP doesn't regularly read a physical newspaper.

My Ons and Offs

My Smutty Ideas
My Serious Ideas

RainyHigh

Guilty. I read digital news or just watch it. 😅

The next person has participated in a group game on E before.
Rainy's Ons and Offs
Rainy's Scene Tracker

LostInTheMist

Guilty, though it barely got past the planning stage and into the first posts before the Story Teller (GM/DM) vanished.

Passing it on.

My Ons and Offs

My Smutty Ideas
My Serious Ideas