BakemonoShiki [Recruitment]-Slots Open-

Started by SweetSerenade, March 17, 2018, 08:48:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Revelation

So I have some character concepts - rather than typing them all out, I just figured i'd give a brief idea here and see if any seem particularly interesting at large - so I can gauge whether ornot they'd be a good fit at large.

Veskran Knight (Alternate appearance:Here: A loyal warrior, he acts in spite of the barbaric and duplicitous nature of his home, and will fight in the name of whoever commands him. Keywords are Loyalty and Valor.

Errure Pugilist: Brash, confident, and seeking to improve himself, he's a tad more playful and easygoing, but would see every fight as a challenge to do his absolute best in, as well as learning more about the people who summoned him. Key words are Confidence and Headstrong.

Those are the two I had the most fleshed out. I  had a third one, but felt it would be too similar to another character in the game so I don't desire to step on toes.

Gardsorm

Veskran Knight looks pretty damn fun, especially since I have a second character being held back that wouldn't mind crossing swords with him when the time comes! I love the idea of Noble Demons.

Errure Pugulist looks pretty kickass too, not gonna lie, but for some reason I like the former idea a bit more. xD

Gardsorm

Okay, because of my unintended upgrade, I guess I get to post this guy too. May need some edits...

Name: Gabriel Winters
Player: Gardsorm
Height: 6'1
Hair Color: White
Eye Color: Light-blue
World: // Charon
Sexuality: Heterosexual

Personality
Steadfast: His brother is the lively and outgoing one, the party animal of the family. Gabriel, however, is a focused and seemingly no-nonsense Charonian who remains dutiful in his duties even after being demoted from the rank of Divine High Executor. He feels he must always do the best he can at all things, no matter how menial the task, and believes that if his work reflects his ethic, he may earn his way back to his desired rank.
Restless: Unfortunately for him, such an occurences has not happened, and it makes him increasingly anxious. He truly believes that everything he does is important in some way, but the work the higher divinities has him doing is boring! He misses joining incursions beyond the Charonian Gates to travel beyond into Vreskian territory to engage the foul beings and ensured they remained on their desolate aide where they belonged. Unfortunately, his present state of affairs have shown him that literally anything else, even consorting with the enemy, was more enjoyable than being a glorified book keeper.

Shiki Background
History Gabriel hails from the Winters family in Charon, a once-esteemed legacy of angels destined to be some of Charons' greatest warriors of divinity. However, that legacy has slowly withered away with the latest of the family: Gabriel Winters, who struggles to remain true to the family legacy and bring its good name back to the highest of divinities... Raphael Winters, who has long since tasted the enjoyment of humanity and has continuously fallen ever further to the point of secret trysts with a Vreskian demoness... And finally Leliel 'Leslie' Winters, who goes off to flirt with a pair of Errunite brothers almost religiously. Gabriel has resigned himself to being the sole inheritor of the family legacy, but his goals are often dashed by either of his two siblings, who almost without fail always manage to drag Gabriel into their messes. The discovery of Raphael's tryst and the fact that Gabriel attempted to cover for him saw the middle-aged sibling stripped of his greatest enjoyment.

The Divine High Executors were a force of the most critically-acclaimed divine beings of Charon, and among one of the groups most likely to be seen at the forefront of any battle involving Vreskra. To serve with them or alongside them was among the highest of honors, and yet Gabriel had been demoted from the rank of Divine High Executor to be Divine Record Keeper, which could only be described as being a glorified librarian, as well as having his cherished weapons sealed until he could regain his divine right. Hundreds of years of performing this insanely mundane task has driven Gabriel insane with boredom, and so when the opportunity to send envoys to Earth arose, Gabriel swiftly leapt at the offer.

Thus far it has only been a few days since Gabriel traveled to Earth and already it was infinitely more exciting. However, he discovered his powers were woefully depleted... Furthermore, being discovered by a law enforcement force that seemed to know exactly what he was, he was brought in by them with no hope of him escaping. He was told he could regain his power if he could work with Occultists, and while this prospect sounded good to him, he had no idea it would bring him in contact with his worst enemy... Nor what was in store for him from then on.

Perception of Humanity

Humans: They appear to be such frail things. They fight meaningless wars for the most meaningless things, and yet they have infinite potential that goes untapped by them because they cannot see last their faults. Gabriel acknowledges they need helping hands but also realizes that their lives should not be interfered with too heavily, as it would mean Veskrians could potentially do the same, leading to a tipping of the balance.

Occultists: These humans are a bit more heretical than he's comfortable with, but they may also possess the key to help guide the future of the world if they use their resources properly. This could be a double edged sword, however, as he's seen them consorting with Veskrians as well... Much like his errant brother, perhaps to the same degrees. He is not his brother so he does not share the same likeness of Veskrians he does, but for the sake of the humans he'll stay his dislike.

Default Power: Frost Manipulation // Unlike his brother, Gabriel's power lies in frost control, able to chill the atmosphere when he pleases. However, with the loss of his power from his demotion, and further since coming to earth, the best he can manage is being a mobile air conditioner or drink chiller. He does also have the ability to deliver chilling blows, however...

(Additional Power) //Your character can unlock one new power/ability up until level 4. So any additional powers your character may have. You can leave these slots blank as well until they become relevant.

(Additional Power)

(Additional Power)

(Additional Power)

Other Points of Interest:
- Possesses six wings, though the lowest two and highest two are often used to make a makeshift cloak of sorts.
- He has a trio of Swords, all of which are permanently sealed until he can regain higher levels of power.
- Despite his swords being sealed, he's still apt to use the sheathed weapons as weapons themselves.
- He has nothing but love for his siblings, but also understands that they truly test his patience and bring him nothing but trouble.
- He gets awkward dealing with the fairer sex in out-of-combat scenarios.
- As you can probably guess, the poor guy is a virgin, and despite the fact he's read up on things from his stint as a glorified librarian, he hasn't really been looking for fear he'll turn out like his siblings.
- He is a deep closet voyeur, after discovering that not all of the divinities in Charon are as pure as they make themselves out to be...

Sain

PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

SweetSerenade

Bakemono Shiki RP(Lovely Siggy Layout is thanks to Amaris)

Gardsorm

Yep, we do! We currently have 3 Males listed and 2 females!

Sain

Hmm hmm so no gender ambiguity, does this rule hetero/bi twinks out also :P?

I do have other options, but gotta ask.

Avalon29

Well, Haru is kind of a trap and bi so I wouldn't imagine so.

SweetSerenade

Quote from: Sain on March 18, 2018, 02:59:08 PM
Hmm hmm so no gender ambiguity, does this rule twinks out also :P?

I do have other options, but gotta ask.

Gender ambiguity means we are not accepting Futas or Intersex. (and potentially Trans, as it's hard to find people for those characters). You can be a twinky guy - I mean look at Keita...

I'd also like to point out that maybe stray away from cutesy innocent type males, we got a couple already xD

Sain

Quote from: SweetSerenade on March 18, 2018, 03:01:08 PM
Gender ambiguity means we are not accepting Futas or Intersex. (and potentially Trans, as it's hard to find people for those characters). You can be a twinky guy - I mean look at Keita...

I'd also like to point out that maybe stray away from cutesy innocent type males, we got a couple already xD

Eeexcellent :-) I can make a less innocent and cutesy no problem.

SweetSerenade

That's wonderful to hear :3 I look forward to your submission.

Inari

Quote from: Avalon29 on March 18, 2018, 01:29:20 PM
Woo! Lots of interest while I was away.

Also yes there are shiki from Erure. Haru exists darn it. Then again Haru being invisible would have it's advantages. xD

I saw somebody mention attracting fox spirits as well. As Haru is a fox spirit spirit I'd find that to be lots of fun although likely cause lots of trouble for said character too. :P
-Waves-

Certainly going to be interesting to have two kitsunes around. ;)

Avalon29

Oh yes! Definately going to be interesting with multiple kitsunes around. I'm certainly interested in seeing what you come up with Starcry.

Lynnette

I'm interested, reading over stuff now before writing up a sheet. I'm planning on making a human at the moment, I had one question though.

Provided a person is older than just 18, say 22, what would they've been doing up until the point where the game start? Could they be imprisoned for a while, but change their mind down the line or is choosing imprisonment a one-way track? Could they manage on their own for those four years undetected from the government?
I'm available on Discord!
Feel free to message me if you want to chat
Lynnpai#4726

My O/O     My guide to set up a home server and Plex
My request thread

SweetSerenade

Quote from: Lynnette on March 18, 2018, 04:04:40 PM
I'm interested, reading over stuff now before writing up a sheet. I'm planning on making a human at the moment, I had one question though.

Provided a person is older than just 18, say 22, what would they've been doing up until the point where the game start? Could they be imprisoned for a while, but change their mind down the line or is choosing imprisonment a one-way track? Could they manage on their own for those four years undetected from the government?

There is no way to go undetected. They would have been picked up and shipped around to different centers every 3-6 months in an attempt to get them to bond to shiki. They could have previously had a shiki bond, but it was severed for whatever reason - they would need to have something in their history that explains how they rebuilt their used Sigils, but we are completely ok with older characters. TENMA picks up all Prana bursts that occur when majority is reached, and those people disappear.

Sain

Alright, there we go.

Name: Tomo Hashimoto
Player: Sain
Height: 5’5
Hair Color: Purple with yellow stripes (black underneath)
Eye Color: Light Brown
World: Earth (Occultist)
Sexuality: Either

Personality
Passionate: The drive Tomo has to pursue what he sets his mind to is uncommon for his age. While his desires and goals may often seem trifle and fleeting the motivation and sheer energy he puts in achieving those is anything but. It’s perhaps the manliest feature for such otherwise feminine youth. This drive does not rob him of his fears, but helps him stand behind his convictions even against critique and threat that might make most step down. There’s also an aspect of naive curiosity in his goal oriented bursts: Smiles and eager explanations that might drag someone else to join Tomo in his pursuit. However, there’s also a side of a passionate Tomo that will get his emotions over a boiling point and boil and get into arguments.

Confrontative: Tomo is all about getting right in your face. He clothes, pierces, dyes, and tattoos himself in an eye grabbing manner to make sure nobody is going to miss him. He walks with a confident swagger and talks with a tone touch too bold for someone of his frame. Tomo is going to say straight what he thinks, especially if he thinks it’ll get a reaction. At times this side of him goes well onto the side of agitating others just because, and indeed Tomo may seem like bit of a bully for shyer individuals. It’s part of being a brash youth that he sometimes (read very very often) miscalculates and misreads situations, ending up challenging authorities that he really shouldn’t.

Human Background
Social Status Tomo didn’t have the toughest time growing up. Even for a lower middle class family the life in Revius city isn’t that bad. However as a middle child of a family of seven Tomo never really got much attention. And it boy did it begin to show… First hair was yellow. Then punk rock made dad yell his lungs empty on Tomo. Then Hair was pink and he had brought home girl and a boy night before big exam. The “phase” never really ended. Throughout his early years Tomo grew more and more uppity, eventually making a big mess of things that sort of broke his relationship with dad and oldest brother. Although mom and his sisters were still great, and the few neighbourhood friends still hung out, life of someone who got held up a year was not looking too shiny.

Although it robbed Tomo of some dear things the awakening of his prana and forced custody by government organization was in a way blessing. Out of home he didn’t have to give a shit about dad and bro or music volume. He could do as he pleased, so long as he did what the government folk told him to do. And besides, how tough could this occultist work really be?

Personal Aspirations Tomo dreamed of many things. In chronological order he wanted to be fashionista, hair stylist, makeup-artist, musician, dancer, comedian, professional spray painter, designer, tailor, and the list goes on. He often pursued each dream for a period of one to five weeks, dedicating his entire free time and little more in scrambling for resources and practicing. Often he, his friends, and one lil sis managed to set up something small that would let them play around and do some rather neat stuff with a minimum budget. Tomo has made nearly every accessory he wears himself, mixed the hair dye, and given him his own tattoos and piercings. He has also come up with a couple of really embarrassingly shoddy dances and cheesy ballad lyrics that he will refuse to ever sing again.

Shadows & Shiki Still barely believes it. Tomo feels like he’s living in some sort of fantasy and perhaps doesn’t quite understand the gravity of what he’s been pulled into yet. He is going to treat Shiki just like anyone else since they seem like humans, somehow. However this whole thing about forming a partnership, prana, and what it exactly means still has Tomo hesitant. The hell is he going to give his prana, or whatever the organization calls it, to some random monster from another world!

Shiki on the other hand he fears. His first night was a horrible traumatic experience, and though he may try to laugh in the face of danger now that’s still all just an act.

Other Points of Interest:
-Adopts a new fad every Monday. Tomo lives on the edge of popular music and fashion.
-Sigil marking decorates the space between his sex and navel.
-Rather flippant about sex and rather the domineering (takes what he wants type), though still doesn’t always end up on top…
-Sometimes gets very mopy or worried about what others might think. Usually three weeks after he went on a rage tirade about something or the other.

SweetSerenade

Sain, can you please also PM your profile to myself, Gardsorm, and Alistair Leonhart? So we can review it privately with you?

Sain

Amarlo

Quote from: Changingsaint on March 18, 2018, 01:46:11 PM
So I have some character concepts - rather than typing them all out, I just figured i'd give a brief idea here and see if any seem particularly interesting at large - so I can gauge whether ornot they'd be a good fit at large.

Veskran Knight (Alternate appearance:Here: A loyal warrior, he acts in spite of the barbaric and duplicitous nature of his home, and will fight in the name of whoever commands him. Keywords are Loyalty and Valor.

Errure Pugilist: Brash, confident, and seeking to improve himself, he's a tad more playful and easygoing, but would see every fight as a challenge to do his absolute best in, as well as learning more about the people who summoned him. Key words are Confidence and Headstrong.

Those are the two I had the most fleshed out. I  had a third one, but felt it would be too similar to another character in the game so I don't desire to step on toes.

Oh man... I really like both, and I find myself tempted by both. Haha. Although I personally lean more towards Errure

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Revelation

Quote from: Amarlo on March 18, 2018, 05:18:54 PM
Oh man... I really like both, and I find myself tempted by both. Haha. Although I personally lean more towards Errure
I went ahead and made the Veskran since I felt he had a stronger concept, though I might make the Pugilist still, I also don't wanna take up spots others may want as far as Male Shiki's go.

Amarlo

Quote from: Changingsaint on March 18, 2018, 05:20:25 PM
I went ahead and made the Veskran since I felt he had a stronger concept, though I might make the Pugilist still, I also don't wanna take up spots others may want as far as Male Shiki's go.

I honestly don't think you'll have a problem there. Most games tend to need males in general. x3

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

SweetSerenade

Since it's a new recruit thread, I just wanted to gently remind players to not set up pairings before the start of the game. It's nice to go "Ohhh these look like they'd be fun together" but the GMs encourage players to focus on the slice of life aspect of the game - Romance/Sexual should be secondary or even third to everything since Slice of Life and Fighting Shadows is the predominant part of this game.

We would like all characters to be made specifically to stand alone, not to be made to be paired up with any one character. Please do not do this, we don't want custom made characters, because if one if the players leave - the other is left hanging.

Important Edit:

Gms will strictly disallow sexual content the first day of the game. This is so we can establish the setting and characters, and deal with the first 'Dark Hour' of the game.

SweetSerenade

As a note to people making Shiki's currently - we are in heavy need of Shiki that evolve into Support Classes. Currently we only have one character that is a Healing type.

Amarlo

I think I will give playing an occultist a try. Brainstorming and trying to find a visual I'm happy with now. x3

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

SweetSerenade

Note to interested parties

Because our Occultist count is 4 of 7 on each of the genders we will be more selective in the occultists that come in. We are going to be looking at adding more characters that will work with the current cast - but are not too similar to all of them.

In the process of creating your male or female occultist please review what we already have present in the game. (There are a few links that still are not working as those players are from the first version and still need to post their profiles.)