Interest Check: Abduction [NC-H]

Started by Tsakara, June 30, 2008, 08:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsakara

I had an interesting idea.

The Plot: You are one of many people abducted by a hyperadvanced alien species and placed into a massive experiment with several other alien races and other humans.

The Setting: Remember those play places at fast food places we'd go play in when we were little kids? they were basically a maze of brightly colored tunnels with slides and ball pits mixed in?
Well take one of those, make the tunnels large enough for an adult to just fit in, and make it several miles across with no exits. There is food but it appears randomly. The top is bright, and as you move down, the tunnels are dimmer and dimmer. Streams come in at the top, breaking into several streams as they fall through the levels and eventually enter the flooded lower levels, the water is warm but it can be cool in some areas as well.
Rooms range in size from a few feet across to huge caverns, with stairs, ladders, and tunnels crossing them.
There are ball pits that could be small and shallow, or they could be up to several hundred feet deep, with exits at the bottom or ladders to try and climb out. Tunnels open and close at random removing any ability to try and find a way around, or map out a route around the place. There are also areas for sleeping, sometimes a small nook, or a large room, but the floor is filled up to chest deep with soft fuzzy material. And lastly, there are areas where passing through them will cause clothing to dissolve.

the Players:

There are three types of aliens trapped in the maze:

Humans
Basic, generic humans, they are slightly stronger then the other races but are but are slightly slower and tire more easily.

Acci
Nicknamed Elves by the humans, they have white hair, pale skin, pointed ears, are quicker and have a higher endurance then humans, however, they are weaker and less confrontational. They are also more light on their feet and are able to climb and maneuver better then most humans.

Cycleans
Slightly short then humans, they have blue tinged skin and dark hair, they also have pearly white swirls and patterns in their skin. They are weaker then humans, but are slightly faster (although not as fast as Acci) and can hold their breath for up to an hour or two, as they are marginally amphibian. However, they also have a low endurance and wear out more easily then most humans.

The Story: You wake up in a small room in the maze, you have no idea how you got there, and can't remember much of your life before now, you remember most basic things, but your history is lost to you.

the rules:

>No "Godmodding" - don't control other people's characters without permission.

>Stay in context. Be sure to read the story so you don't accidentally bring back any dead characters or anything

>Grammar is essential, though I don't think that will be a big problem.

>this is more like a group story then a roleplay, you can introduce as many characters as you want, don't feel the need to stick with one character and keep them alive even though their put into a situation they couldn't survive.

>no ** action posts. instead, write out what they do, example:
Jane walked into the room and waved to Billy. "Hey Bill" she said.
a opposed to:
*Jane walks in*
Jane: Hey Bill

((^ I honestly doubt I will have to worry about that here, but its one of my pet peeves so I kept it in))

>all out of context posts should be indicated either in blue or with the ((double brackets)) I've used both, and personally I prefer the blue, but whatever floats your boat.

>This is a loose RP ((Freeform)) , winning won't mean rolling the dice, it will have to do more with your ability to outwit another character.

The form:

Name:

Race:

Physical Appearance
Eye colour:
Hair colour:
Height:
Any distinguishing marks:

so with all that out of the way, is anyone interested? I think this could be a lot of fun.

Dave

Hmm, seems interesting. I'll join later

.:Post reserved for my character:.

Samhain

Krule

I would find this interesting.. especially as one of the Acci

Tsakara

cool, start thinking about your characters, I'll post mine later and start the IC topic.

Atlus

This sounds like a nightmare I once had (minus the sex, and with more dismemberment). I'm in if you've got room.
How profound such profanity can be.

<a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=16848.0" target="_blank">Ons and Offs</a>