The Uncanny X-Men (Free-Form RPG, Groups)

Started by PhantomPistoleer, July 09, 2013, 11:20:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Batman4560 on July 10, 2013, 04:14:54 PM
are you still accepting players?

This game will always need new players, Batman. :)
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on July 10, 2013, 04:35:06 PM
Heh, I just followed your lead.   ;D

Since this game is based off of our own canon, are you saying that our dimension's Nightcrawler died?

The game follows the 616 Universe pretty closely, except of course when it doesn't.  The truth is, he could verily say, "Well, how about I just play the original Nightcrawler?"  And that would be acceptable, too.  Nightcrawler's death would be a puff of smoke, and he's been around for a while.  Or he was resurrected recently.  Or he was given a task by an immortal god that wants him to do something crazy for something crazy.

The game world is malleable!  It can be shaped and defined by all of you.  It's a community project, not just my vision.  However, there are a couple of things that I want to happen:  Jean Grey will stay dead.  And, Jean Grey will not come back.  Ha ha ha.  :)

Incidentally, I have someone creating an alternate reality version of Jean Grey.  So, there's always ways to get around the established doctrines of community canon.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

AribethAmkiir

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on July 10, 2013, 04:39:15 PM
The game world is malleable!  It can be shaped and defined by all of you.  It's a community project, not just my vision.  However, there are a couple of things that I want to happen:  Jean Grey will stay dead.  And, Jean Grey will not come back.  Ha ha ha.  :)

+1

Hopefully the alternate universe Jean never met with the Phoenix Force.

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on July 10, 2013, 04:48:09 PM
+1

Hopefully the alternate universe Jean never met with the Phoenix Force.

Actually, this version of Jean Grey never actually BECAME the Phoenix.  Supposedly, from what I gather, she escaped a world that was torn apart by the Phoenix -- which consumed Emma Frost.  She is the lone survivor of that earth.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

AribethAmkiir

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on July 10, 2013, 04:49:53 PM
Actually, this version of Jean Grey never actually BECAME the Phoenix.  Supposedly, from what I gather, she escaped a world that was torn apart by the Phoenix -- which consumed Emma Frost.  She is the lone survivor of that earth.

I can dig that.  Love Jean.  Hate the Phoenix.

GhettoMagick

I wanna be loved by you. Just you. And everyone else too. I wanna be loved by everyone. ;o)

Malrunar

I do have a question; unless I missed it somewhere, I don't think it was asked yet.

Posting rates? Posting orders (in the category of groups?) Posting requirements? I know of someone who is interested in joining, but may not be able to post until the evenings, and even then not every day. I know some days I myself may get busy with work, and may not be able to put something together until later in the week. So, out of curiosity, any thought on how that would go?

Liu Bao Yu

I'd like very much to join this game. It has the tag line 'This game will -always- be looking for players.'

I've played M aka Monet Yvette Clarisse Maria Therese St. Croix in another X Men game, and really enjoyed playing her. http://marvel.wikia.com/Monet_St._Croix_(Earth-616)

Could I ask what the recruitment process is?

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Yggdrasil on July 10, 2013, 05:03:22 PM
I do have a question; unless I missed it somewhere, I don't think it was asked yet.

Posting rates? Posting orders (in the category of groups?) Posting requirements? I know of someone who is interested in joining, but may not be able to post until the evenings, and even then not every day. I know some days I myself may get busy with work, and may not be able to put something together until later in the week. So, out of curiosity, any thought on how that would go?

So, I call it the fast lane rule.  I'll try to pair people up (or group people up, as it were) in groups that have similar posting schedules/rates.  I completely understand that people can't get to it that often, and I think that sometimes that deals with an inability to find a writing prompt.  One group of X-Men might move very slowly, like, a cycle in two days, while another group might get through four or five cycles in a day.  Posting rates will vary, obviously, so it is very important for people to be very honest about how often they will post.

We are also going to be using a number of posting conventions to facilitate responses.  I don't want people to feel completely inundated by walls of posts, so the conventions will make things considerably easier to manage this wide scale game.  ::puts a smiley, but feels like he's used too many today::
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: StaveEscura on July 10, 2013, 05:10:26 PM
I'd like very much to join this game. It has the tag line 'This game will -always- be looking for players.'

I've played M aka Monet Yvette Clarisse Maria Therese St. Croix in another X Men game, and really enjoyed playing her. http://marvel.wikia.com/Monet_St._Croix_(Earth-616)

Could I ask what the recruitment process is?

You say you want to play, I say "that's awesome!" in a really high-pitched, annoying voice.  That's pretty much it.  Unless of course it's for a canon character that everyone wants.  Monet is fine. ;)
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

kckolbe

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on July 10, 2013, 04:35:06 PM
Heh, I just followed your lead.   ;D

Oh I know, was hoping to have trained some of the non canon.  He'll work on getting to know Rogue.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Lady Lunarius

*Mentions her interest* Was thinking of putting up a character of my own if you don't mind. Working on her now, with the help of Pumpkin Seeds. *Bounces*
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Kokaine

Banshee could have worked with Dev on some things.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Liu Bao Yu

Fantastic

Hi Kckolbe (Jade here)

I'll make up the Marvel card (although all the data is in the wiki page anyway: it's a marvelous resource)

Could you maybe tell link to the threads that I should bookmark? I am very new to Elliquiy, so struggle a bit with the user interface, and basic navigation. For example this is the 'group roleplay's wanted thread' but where are the actual threads, and how would I find them?

I am a regular poster by the way and will be happy to post every day unless strange real life events occur...

kckolbe

Lunarius, my first E crush!  Glad to have you on board.

Sounds good, Kokaine, I'll read over her bio again and look for ideas.  About how old is she?

Hey Stave, was definitely not expecting the char you mentioned.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: kckolbe on July 10, 2013, 05:30:13 PM
Lunarius, my first E crush!  Glad to have you on board.

Sounds good, Kokaine, I'll read over her bio again and look for ideas.  About how old is she?

Hey Stave, was definitely not expecting the char you mentioned.

*Blush* Wait..what..*Shifty* ...You were the one peeking into my windows?
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Kokaine

Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Lady Lunarius

LaLu's Delicious treats!

AribethAmkiir

How powerful is Monet going to be?  Admittedly, I don't know the character, but are we looking at some combination of Xavier/Wolverine/Rogue/Quicksilver plus some extra bonus powers just to spice things up?

Liu Bao Yu

QuoteHey Stave, was definitely not expecting the char you mentioned.

Monet is just awesome. The most perfect character (I believe 'perfection is her mutant power' is a direct quote).

Plus every time she has a run in with Emma Frost, she hand's Emma her ass in a sling.

Batman4560

A reluctant Leader:ICE MAN
Group Affiliation: X-men, X-factor, X-Terminators, Defenders, Champions, The Twelve, Cataclysm Keys, Secret Defenders, Jean Grey School.
Height:  5'8"
Weight: 145 lbs
Arch-Enemies: Magneto, The Brotherhood, Captain Barracuda, Rampage, Master Mold, The Inner Circle, Apocalypse.
Nickname: Ice Face, Frozen One, Bobby

Powers: 
Thermokinesis
Cryokinesis
Hydrokinesis
Molecular moisture inversion and conversion
Thermal vision
Augmented strength and durability (Ice form)

Skills: Accountant, Fluent in spanish, Skilled Ice skater, fair hand to hand combatant.

Bio:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Robert Louis Drake was born in Floral Park, Long Island, New York to William Robert Drake and Madeline Beatrice Bass-Drake. Bobby is Jewish on his mother's side and Irish Catholic on his father's. Bobby first discovered his mutant abilities at a young age when he found himself unable to stop feeling cold and shivering.
A school bully named Rocky Beasely have convinced his gang to attack Bobby and Judy Harmon, his girlfriend at the time. Bobby panicked and encased Rocky in ice, saving Judy, but revealing his abilities to his peers. Believing Bobby to be a dangerous mutant, the people of his town, Fort Washington, organized a lynch mob. The mob broke into the Drake household and overpowered them. The local sheriff noticed that things were getting out of hand and took Bobby into custody for his own protection. The story made its way to Professor Charles Xavier, founder of the X-Men. Xavier sent Scott Summers (Cyclops) to recruit Bobby. After Bobby turned him down the two mutants got into a brief scuffle before the mob caught up with them. The mob was stringing Scott and Bobby up to be hanged when Professor X used his telepathic abilities to erase their memories. Grateful for saving his life and yearning to be like Scott, Bobby enrolled in Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters and become the second member of the X-Men. There, the X-Men were tutored by Professor X and trained in the use of their powers in the Danger Room. As 'Iceman' Bobby learned to control his abilities in order to protect a world that feared and hated him for being different alongside Cyclops, Angel, Beast, and Marvel Girl.

Iceman quickly befriended Beast, however, he remained self-conscious regarding the fact that he was the youngest member of the group. Iceman's lighthearted approach to disaster marked him as the comedian of the group, and eased tension among his teammates. Bobby's rudimentary control of his abilities caused his appearance to be snowman-like, rather than the almost transparent ice version of his later years. Alongside the X-Men, he battled many foes including Magneto and the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. In time Bobby learned to cover himself in ice instead of his original snow man appearance. During this time, Bobby teamed up with the Human Torch to defeat the modern-day pirate Captain Barracuda. Bobby was among the original X-Men captured by Krakoa, which led to the formation of a new incarnation of X-Men. Bobby decided not to remain the second generation of the team and left along with all of the original members except for Cyclops.

Shortly after Bobby went on to join the teams of Champions of Los Angeles, Defenders, and X-Factor. Before Returning to the X-men. In a confrontation with Mikhail,Iceman's body was forced to turn into living ice instead of just the external casing he had always used before. Iceman began to realize that there were more aspects to his powers than he had formerly thought. Bobby began experimenting, adding ice to his body to bulk himself up and using ice columns to lift things into the air rather than his typical ice slide. After months in a coma, Emma Frost awoke and possessed Iceman's body. Frost accessed the full extent of his powers and used them in ways Bobby had previously never dreamed. Bobby demanded she tell him how she accessed his powers. Emma responded that she owed him nothing and went as far as to call him a pathetic loser for not pushing himself.  Bobby, still upset about the lack of control over his powers after years at the Xavier Institute for Higher Learning, went on a roadtrip with Rogue, who was dealing with her own demons after sharing a kiss with Gambit. During the trip, Bobby began seeing visions of Emma Frost. Later, Bobby, Scott, Ororo, and Logan were mysteriously awakened in an area unfamiliar to them. They all seemed to have suffered in a battle they had no memory of. Bobby awoke in his ice form with a gaping hole in his chest. Amazed he was still alive, Bobby and the other X-Men found that they were being tested by Onslaught. After finally defeating Onslaught's herald, Post, they were teleported back to the mansion.  Bobby again confronted Emma Frost, who helped Bobby learn how to convert to his full ice form and back, healing the hole in his chest. Bobby learned that he didn't need to fear the evolution of his abilities and returned to the X-Men to explore his untapped potential to the fullest. It was during this time that Bobby suffered a chest injury from Black Tom that triggered his Secondary Mutation, slowly encasing his body in ice and preventing him from reverting into his human form. During a mission to rescue Nightcrawler, Iceman's entire body was shattered in his ice-form, leaving only his head. Bobby later reformed himself using the moisture from the body of an enemy. Bobby was unable to return to his human form at all, which caused him to become bitter towards everyone.

After the disagreement between Cyclops and Wolverine over the direction of mutant race, Wolverine decided to relocate the majority of the students back to the Xavier grounds and Bobby was the first person he asked to help him. Bobby agreed and the two began to recruit staff members for the "Jean Grey School for Higher Learning". Bobby served as the school's bookkeeper.

GM Prompt- 1.  Charles Xavier went missing approximately two weeks ago.  The X-Men have scoured the earth looking for him, with no luck.

Wolverine: Honored to have been asked to come and join his group. Looking forward to working with him.
Rogue: She is attractive and powerful, its best to stay on her good side.
Banshee: We all have our issues, I have left the group before, why judge him for it.
Wyldecat:  Im not sure about her, only time will tell.
Lady Luck: I hope she pans out in the long run, if she needs any help Im here for her.
Colossus: Who wouldn't like him? Hes a good guy with a big heart, There is no other person Id want at my side or watching my back in a fight.

Liu Bao Yu

How powerful is Monet going to be?  Admittedly, I don't know the character, but are we looking at some combination of Xavier/Wolverine/Rogue/Quicksilver plus some extra bonus powers just to spice things up?

I don't know. Up to the GM

I normally play Marvel Heroic Roleplay and she is an awesome 'second best' at everything.

So she's not the toughest, or the fastest, or the most psychic, or the cleverist but she's pretty much second best at all of those.

I actually described why I liked her in my approval process (see signature). Mostly I've had so much fun playing her in the past. It was a PG-13 game, but recently kckolbe has been introducing me to the joys of adult rp *fans self*. In the PG-13 game I had a fantastic romance and marriage, so I'd like to see what happens in a more ... er ... liberal environment. I'm still a little inhibited in the whole sex rp stuff, but I'm sure  kckolbe  will be able to talk me out of it. (as long as he gets his act together and goes back to the torrid scene in the other game...)

PhantomPistoleer

Re: Monet, I've always viewed her as a straight 4 on the Marvel Power Scale.

Actually, according to this WIKI, it's:  http://marvel.wikia.com/Monet_St._Croix_(Earth-616) 4's and 5's.

I don't really see her as being too over-powered, although she has a wide set of skills -- and I don't really have a problem about that, unless it becomes an issue. :)

Intelligence: 5, Strength: 4, Speed: 3, Durability: 5, Energy Projection 4, Fighting Skills 4.

As opposed to Rogue, who has:

Intelligence: 2, Strength: 6, Speed: 3, Durability: 6, Energy Projection: 1, and Fighting Skills 3.

But, of course, Rogue can be at 7 on everything.

Just be considerate, everyone, and everything shalt be awesome! :)
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

AribethAmkiir

Was just curious. 

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your reasoning for liking Monet on your application process, Steve.

Ember Star

can I bring in Claire DaVinci/DataCat that I had in the other group with the same alternative reality background?
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony