To a World of Darkness (Exalted/WoD)

Started by RSGAlex, March 14, 2013, 05:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyZ

AP are actually listed, but yeah ^_^

Can we all start with Old Realm for free?  I imagine my char as just having English and Old Realm and didn't put any points in Linguistics, but I can change that around if needed.

Can I make up a fictional island to have as my island or do you want it based more on a real area?

Can we purchase Command or should we stick to Followers?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

avorae

Welcome Back RSG.

Now that you have returned i guess i should finish up my character and get the final version posted for your approval.
Life is a hard game but the rewards are sweet if you know where to look.

RSGAlex

I'll consider giving everyone the Old Realm family as a bonus when I've approved everyone. (Also even though you have Linguistics 0, upon Exalting you traded English for Anglo-Frisian, so you speak three languages)

For the island, pitch an idea at me. It doesn't have to be explicitly based on reality, but don't make it too absurd. That consumptive island from the Life of Pi would be a bit much without taking it as a demense at the least.

For Command, what nation are you associated with, and do you have this army because you have actual military rank, or because the place is such that you can actually have a literal private army?
Signature Recreation Pending....

Downloading Drivers 1 of @*.

Please wait warmly.

AndyZ

Which three are Anglo-Frescan?  Either way, I'd be willing to trade the other two besides English for OR if you decide not to give it to everyone for free.

The island idea is mostly a tropical resort as written up in her backstory.  Really nice hotel, sandy beaches, dormant volcano, a single-lane airport and probably a few hours from the mainland by boat.  Basically the place discussed in her backstory.  I could make it Hawai'i or something like that but figured it'd be more fun to make up an imaginary one.

No actual army for Command, just Tiger Warrior Training and a combination of having people join up, training people who already work in defense, and offering a second chance to those who surrender (albeit using Judge's Ear Technique when they promise not to use their new talents for evil).  I'm good with leaving it as Followers, just thought I'd ask about possible Command.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

RSGAlex

Anglo-Frisian is Scots, English, and Frisian.

The island sounds okay, if you want to write up some background for it, that's also good.

And the Tiger Warriors would be Followers. And I'll work on writing up a Creation Ruling Mandate set of stats for the soldiers. It's more useful than Mail and Steel.

Please wait warmly.

AndyZ

I wrote up stats for what I'd give the Followers.  The only thing I wrote that I wouldn't be able to give them via Tiger Warrior is Stamina 3.

I'll think up some more background to add for the island.

RSGAlex

No, basic TWTT can give Stamina to 4.

Please wait warmly.

AndyZ

But it can't train above what the Solar has, and Val only has Stamina 2.

RSGAlex

I did not notice that she had Stamina 2. That explains that then.

Please wait warmly.

avorae

Quote from: RSGAlex on March 22, 2013, 09:08:43 PM
I'll work on writing up a Creation Ruling Mandate set of stats for the soldiers. It's more useful than Mail and Steel.

Could anyone tell me what book that is in. I need to write up my followers as well unless the ST wishes to do it for me.

AndyZ

If RSGAlex is good with us knowing each other at start, I can help train them up.

RSGAlex

The Creation Ruling Mandate is in Masters of Jade. And I'm willing to do those stats if you'll give me the base stats of your followers/minions, and answer a few questions.

Please wait warmly.

avorae

Quote from: RSGAlex on March 22, 2013, 09:49:41 PM
The Creation Ruling Mandate is in Masters of Jade. And I'm willing to do those stats if you'll give me the base stats of your followers/minions, and answer a few questions.

Sure ask away.

As for the basic of her budding empire. They are a group of highly specialized thieves dealing in B&E and Cons.

She does have a code that they must follow though I am working on it.

RSGAlex

The three big questions are as thus:

• Motivation: What is the reason d'etre for the group. In this case it sounds like either getting rich or getting revenge.
  • Intimacies: Give me a few intimacies that the group has. You get a bonus for working with them, and a bigger penalty for working against them.
  • Structure:How's the group organized. It's probably the Exalt on top, but what about the mortals below? Are there certain people that can make certain decisions on their own? That kind of thing.

Then just choose stats for the followers, and I'll go and assign the stats for the group in the CRM.

Please wait warmly.

avorae

1.Motivation: What is the reason d'etre for the group. In this case it sounds like either getting rich or getting revenge.

Ultimately she is seeking revenge for what a crime family did to her parents but in a twisted sort of way. Instead of killing the people responsible and destroying the family she wants to have the upper echelon put in jail for the murders and take over the family and use them as a force for good. All the members of her current gang are the female members who have been hurt by the crime family in some form or fashion. [former prostitutes, had family killed , those who have been abused, etc.]

2.Intimacies: Give me a few intimacies that the group has. You get a bonus for working with them, and a bigger penalty for working against them.

-The code [All members must follow a strict code of conduct at all times] (still working on what the code is)
-Robin Hood [The group will only take from criminals or those who abuse their power for selfish or evil purposes]
-Protect the pure [The group will always try to protect children unless they break the code]

3.Structure:How's the group organized. It's probably the Exalt on top, but what about the mortals below? Are there certain people that can make certain decisions on their own? That kind of thing.

Mika is the groups leader but she does so from the shadows. Only her top lieutenants know her true identity. As for the structure she runs it like a spec ops force with the members split into 5-10 woman units when on assignment. Her lieutenants can make decisions on their own but if possible they try to get her advice before hand. She also likes to hold weekly to bi-weekly meetings with them even when not on missions to make sure everyone is on the same page.

She will also use her Flawless Impenetrable Disguise to go around the various units to check how they are doing as well.

RSGAlex

Just decide on a partial stat-line for the followers (7-8 dice in their core area of competence and related ones is a good bench-mark, absent training effects), and I'll get to work on making the CRM stats for the group.

Please wait warmly.

avorae

There core stat would be Larceny but there will be one or two muscles with them as well just in case things go south.

Edit: she is also done now. save for possible mudane gear that she typically carries.

RSGAlex

Looking over the sheet, the soak doesn't quite work right. You'd have a base soak of 6B/6L, and I don't know what the Transformative Armor is.

(I thought it was the Everyman armor at first, but that's a 3 dot artifact. It would give you the proper amount of Agg soak from the armor, but then your Bashing and Lethal soaks are off.)

Also, the Hardness is off, possibly. Again, it depends on what the Transformative Armor is.

Those are the immediate off the top of my head things.

Please wait warmly.

avorae

Quote from: RSGAlex on March 22, 2013, 11:49:56 PM
Looking over the sheet, the soak doesn't quite work right. You'd have a base soak of 6B/6L, and I don't know what the Transformative Armor is.

(I thought it was the Everyman armor at first, but that's a 3 dot artifact. It would give you the proper amount of Agg soak from the armor, but then your Bashing and Lethal soaks are off.)

Also, the Hardness is off, possibly. Again, it depends on what the Transformative Armor is.

Those are the immediate off the top of my head things.
Trasnformative armor: Soak: 6L/4B Hardness: 2B/2L Mobility: -0 Fatigue: 0 Attune: 4 [Scroll of Fallen Races Pg. 26]
Some of the more vain Artisans wished to make certain that they were always properly dressed for any occasion. To meet this need, skilled crafters wove the first suits of transformative clothing. This clothing is made from an Essence-sensitive fabric including threads of spun jade and moonsilver. In its basic form, it resembles a finely made tunic of synthetic silk. When the wearer spends one mote, however, she can cause the fabric to shape itself to her will, expanding and contracting the weave, altering its color, texture and shape to fit her precise specifications. It can become everything from a single glove or hat to an elaborate and multilayer suit of elaborate courtly garb. The wearer can also spend one mote to cause the garment to almost instantly clean itself and repair any damage. This transformation is exceptionally rapid, requiring only a miscellaneous action (5, -1 DV). To either duplicate a garment she has seen before or design one of her own, the wearer must make a (Wits + Craft [Wood]) roll, with a failure indicating that the garment looks significantly different from the desired result. This artifact can duplicate any appearance it has ever held without requiring a roll, however. An ordinary suit of this clothing is a one-dot Artifact that can protect the wearer from heat and cold but has no value as armor. Artisans who wish to be able to protect themselves from attack even in situations where wearing armor is not appropriate (or who insist on looking stylish even on the field of battle) often wear a two-dot version of this artifact. Such armor always provides the listed bonus, regardless of its current form. Suits of transformative armor have all of the capabilities of a normal suit of transformative clothing. Because they are made from threads made from several magical materials, they gain no magical material bonuses.

Jefepato

So, hey.  Is thaumaturgy going to be something we (well, I) can teach to normal people?  It's not covered by Legendary Scholar Curriculum I guess, but well, people can still learn by...learning like normal people learn.

I'm suddenly tempted to bring the light of education to the masses.  If anyone has recommends on useful thaumaturgy fields for an Exalt (besides the obvious thing that refines orichalcum), I'm all ears.

Unrelatedly, remind me; is making something like a daiklave still Craft (Fire) even if you require Lore and Occult and all that?  I'm going full Craft 5 of course but it still matters for Peerless Paragon of (Element).

It sounds like most of our characters are fairly nice folks, so the doctor idea I was planning to run with should work.  I'm going to get working on this, that's enough procrastination for now.

AndyZ

I recommend Least Wonder.  It takes a long time to use but makes items exceptional and can be used on anything.

Ajoxer

Hey, folks.

Sounds like you've already got a perfect circle, and a solid group for the game, but I'll just be placing my interest in being a part of the game out here. I'm exceptionally flexible, and I know Jefepato and Muse well enough that they can probably vouch for me if need be. I am a strong believer in not overloading a game, though; So if you ever get to a point where you're down a person, or need someone non-Solar, I don't know, something along those lines, just let me know.
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

Jefepato

How's Spanish count, language-wise?  I was thinking "Romance," but after Wikipedia finished blowing my mind about language families I'm wondering if I need to downgrade that to Gallo-Iberian.

Also.  Body-Purifying Admonitions vs. the blood bond.  Do I get to make the Kindred cry?

DOUBLE EDIT: If I bought a Procedure on its own, could I later take that expenditure as a discount on the full Degree if I wanted it for whatever reason?  I don't know if that's important, but it may be.

AndyZ

Quote from: Jefepato on March 23, 2013, 01:42:04 PM
DOUBLE EDIT: If I bought a Procedure on its own, could I later take that expenditure as a discount on the full Degree if I wanted it for whatever reason?  I don't know if that's important, but it may be.

Yep.  The core specifically says that you do.

RSGAlex

Lemme work my way down from my last post.

avorae, that gives you 12L/10B/6A soak. (I tend to forget about that book, from disuse. I should correct this error.) Edit: Oh, and you have one more language family coming to you, assuming that neither Anglo-Frisian nor Japonic holds your native tongue.

Jefepato, yeah, you can teach Thaumaturgy normally. The charm Terrestrial Edification Program (Lore and Ess 5, requires Legendary Scholar Cirriculum) lets you teach, among other things, Thaumaturgy, Sorcery, and spells with HAM. And unless you're making a highly unusual daiklave (plant-klave?) it would be Craft(Fire). I went with Western Iberian (see page two/above) for Spanish. And yes, Body-Purifying Admonitions, it can make the Kindred cry. And if you also have Instant Treatment Methodology and Contagion-Curing Touch, you're also Kenshiro.

And finally, hey, Ajoxer. I'll keep you in mind.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, just remembered. If you take a procedure like Least Wonder or one of the Wards, you need to specify what kind of Wonder you make, or being you can ward against.

Please wait warmly.