Murder Mystery (Modern Fantasy Detective Game)

Started by FlowerMagnolia, August 23, 2021, 09:25:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlowerMagnolia

MURDER MYSTERY AT MILLSHIRE

Who killed the mayor?

Story Premise
In the mysterious village Millshire, everyone has secrets. Until now, the citizens have lived peacefully and in harmony together. But on the disastrous morning of the 30th July 2021, the mayor, Edward Black was found dead in his house. The citizens of Millshire have no idea yet how, why or when their beloved mayor had died. The investigations are running. But one thing is clear: the perfect façade of the town is crumbling as more and more secrets are laid bare. Who is behind the murder? What were his/her/their intentions? What does magic have to do with it? The people of Millshire seem to have hidden more than just their private lives. Reality will be questioned as we learn more about the terrible crime…

How will this work?

• There will only be a limited amount of characters and only 1 character per player.
  • After everyone submitted their CS, I will randomly pick one person to be the killer.
  • The killer’s aim is to go undetected and to blame the murder on someone else.
  • Everyone will receive a personal quest. If they succeed, they will get a hint from me, the GM.
  • As a GM and knowing what’s going on, I will not take part in the game. Maybe I’ll step in with some side characters or place descriptions, (whatever is needed), but I will most likely be running the game indirectly, talking to all the other players.
  • This means, for this game to function properly, everyone needs to take it seriously and not spill the tea to everyone OOC. This is a murder mystery and does only work if everyone is completely on board with this 😊
  • As for character creation, there is no need to think of a proper background story yet. This will be discovered during the game. However, you do need to give your character traits and a motive. (Or else it will be too easy!)

Magic
Every character can have one magical ability that makes them curious/secretive. It should not be overpowering or dominating the entire town as a whole. It is merely an addition to this game to give everyone a better motive and more depth. The characters will be born with magic and get stronger with age.

Rules and additional information

• Well, this idea came to me when I couldn’t sleep at night. It may be the best or worst idea I’ve ever had. I’d be delighted to have some interested players who can help me flesh this out!
  • I will be accepting 10 players/CS max. I will not pick the early ones – if I get more than 10 people interested in this, I will randomly pick 10 people.
  • Please be respectful and active. This game will only work if all of the players can reply at least once a week. And if you can’t do that, you need to talk to me!
  • I ask you to be as creative as possible. And if you have a brilliant idea, just PM me. Because I may need to approve your lovely ideas first, if they work etc.
  • Smut does not play a big role in this game. Sex can be used to wrap a character around your finger or maybe a murderous pair begins to form, but it should not play a huge role. After all, we’re trying to solve a murder, not to create a love story with this!
  • I will create the town map/NPCs (that only I will play)/homes for your characters/how the victim died/and other important information once this game passes the Interest Check. This game needs at least 5 players and max. 10.

Please submit the filled out CS to me via PM. I will accept 10 characters! If more come in, I might have to find a solution. But if you’re interested and have a character idea, please feel free to join! Once the killer is set, I will create a town map and give your characters houses.

[float=left][img height=250 padding=5] https://i.stack.imgur.com/y9DpT.jpg [/img][/float]
[font=times new roman][size=30pt][b]CHARACTER NAME[/b][/size]
[hr]
[font=times new roman][size=20pt][b][u]GENERAL[/u][/b][/size]
[font=times new roman][size=12pt][b]Full Name[/b]: [/size]
[font=times new roman][size=12pt][b]Age[/b]: [/size]
[font=times new roman][size=12pt][b]Occupation[/b]: [/size]
[font=times new roman][size=12pt][b]Official Relation to the Victim[/b]: [/size]
[font=times new roman][size=12pt][b]Hair/Eye color/Height[/b]: [/size]
[font=times new roman][size=12pt][b]Nationality[/b]: [/size]
[font=times new roman][size=12pt][b]Gender/Sexuality[/b]: [/size]

[hr]
[font=times new roman][size=20pt][b][u]PERSONALITY[/u][/b][/size]
[size=12pt](Either a list or explanation of your character’s personality. Please make sure that your character has a personality that can actually kill someone, since you don’t know yet if your character will be the killer or not.)[/size]

[font=times new roman][size=20pt][b][u]TRAITS[/u][/b][/size]
[font=times new roman][size=12pt][b]Likes[/b]: [/size]
[font=times new roman][size=12pt][b]Dislikes[/b]: [/size]

[hr]
[font=times new roman][size=20pt][b][u]MAGICAL ABILITY[/u][/b][/size]
[size=12pt](One magical ability is allowed that needs an explanation in a short paragraph about its advantages and disadvantages. When posting the CS in an official thread, I will remove this part for other characters to find out)[/size]

[hr]
[font=times new roman][size=20pt][b][u]Ons/Offs[/u][/b][/size]
(Link to your O/Os and how those differ from your character’s O/Os)

If this sound familiar to you: yes, I posted this before. I am willing to try again and see if this gets any interest 😊

azzmeister89

FlowerMagnolia

Quote from: azzmeister89 on August 24, 2021, 04:39:22 PM
This sounds awesome. Count me in

Heya! Glad to have your interest :)

Interest for others seems a bit low atm, so this might not even kick off. But I'm glad you're here.

Saia

Oooh me, me!
I just joined E though so I'm still setting things up, but I'll submit a CS when I can ^^

FlowerMagnolia

Quote from: Saia on August 27, 2021, 06:42:56 AM
Oooh me, me!
I just joined E though so I'm still setting things up, but I'll submit a CS when I can ^^

When welcome to E from my side too! Also, take your time. Interest still seems pretty low, so there might be a chance of this never happening. :)

azzmeister89

Well I hope it gains more interest. Murder mystery is a new interest for me so it will be really fun to explore

MaryRose

This honestly sounds really amazing. I'd love to try it. I'll work on the CS and get it to you as soon as I can!

FlowerMagnolia

Quote from: MaryRose on August 27, 2021, 02:54:35 PM
This honestly sounds really amazing. I'd love to try it. I'll work on the CS and get it to you as soon as I can!

Wohoo, hello! Glad to have you on board :)

azzmeister89

Submitted my character sheet, so hopefully the ball starts rolling

FlowerMagnolia

Quote from: azzmeister89 on August 28, 2021, 06:14:22 AM
Submitted my character sheet, so hopefully the ball starts rolling

I will create a thread for all the CS once a few more are in!

Saia

I've just sent mine!