Dance Magics (NC-exotic, light system, pop idol adventure)

Started by Sain, November 03, 2018, 11:39:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sain

Dance Magics

A pop idol fantasy adventure~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOxkGD8qRB4&index=2
My inspiration ::) I'm so creativ.

Alright. Much like there is a hidden world of celebrity that the public never sees there is another one, that of the supernatural. Not like vampires and werewolves, no. Rather, its supernatural on a more all encompassing scale. Hidden from view there are a great many dimensions beside our mortal plane of Earth. Each teems with life, ruled by the mandates natural to that reality and that reality alone. These pockets of being pop in and out of existence in the great stream of time as frequent as thoughts cross through the collective humanity. Most of them go unnoticed. Some never grow bigger than an egg. But some balloon and grow into universes of their own. Together they form the multiverse.

Sometimes the cosmic soap bubbles overlap, allowing a surface through which the inhabitants intermingle.

Some think this is what makes magic.

Others believe it to be the origin of life.

For an average idol it doesn't matter one bit. They wouldn't know what's happening behind the veil any more than the audience knows that two of them swapped oral before the show. But, for our idol group? For them the magic is everyday and not just in their show. Individually they are each capable of bending reality to their will, making matter, refusing law of nature. Flight, summoning of otherworldly creatures, fireballs, it's all in their repertoire. All of the four together? Together they bend the fate itself.

These ladies of magic schedule their tour to visit Paris when a cult of ancient demons tries to use the cursed Tentanomicon to open a gateway to into another realm. Their life is a constant battle to maintain popularity despite missing practice sessions due to prolonged imprisonment in the clutches of a local Illuminati branch. Chaos is their middle name, but they make it work. They wouldn't have it any other way. And besides, how could they? There's no others of their caliber to protect the Earth and to make the fans scream.

Setting and Theme

Setting:
Alternate Earth. Some things are like they are in real world. City names, countries etc. are mainly the same unless described different. However, there are a great many fictional places, elements, and people.

Modern fantasy. The game is set in an alternate Earth that contains fantasy elements. Animal ears and other cosmetic details are entirely mundane, but magic and monsters? Those are as much a fantasy to the commoner as they are to us.

Themes:
Corny and we know it. Game is not for the serious of mind. NPCes will routinely engage in cardboard speech and villains will spill out their beans as the characters struggle in most diabolic Bond Villainesque contraptions.

Creative magics and player pro-activity. The system we'll be using has rather loose rules for the magic and I fully encourage the players to juice everything out of them that they can. I want to see the characters each as mighty magicians who pull mind boggling feats with the limited resource they have.

Trigger warning: "Non traumatic NC."
Non traumatic NC. The game will feature various forms of non-consensual smut, but the point of this game is not to explore the realistic psychology of it, rather the smutty fantasy side. Characters will get over it, regard it as an inconvenience or minor discomfort if not outright secret pleasure. It's something that the PCes may want to avoid if they can for sure, but it's not the end of the world or something to cry over.

Kink and smut themes. The game will have what the players want pretty much. Bondage and some kinky stuff will feature, but how depraved it gets is up to each individual. The cast is all female so if you like to play hetero characters this may not be your game. NPCes tailored using player references as a guideline so more variety will be available from the villains and such.

Aim of the game:
Fast moving long lasting smut adventure. The characters are to go through various degrees of awesome heroic success, desperately sexy peril, and hopefully character growth and some meaningful interaction when the world doesn't need a magical idol to the rescue.

System and House Rules

We're running of Maze Rats 4.3 - a very simple 2d6 based adventure with basically 2-3 pages of rules. You can ignore the stats part of the game for now. I'll walk everyone through the character generation rules before we start the game. Following are the current house rules:

Advantage: There's and equivalent Disadvantage for particularly unfortunate situations that are 3d drop highest. Don't get into these situations.

Leveling Up: This happens not after XP accrual, due to the lack of physical sessions, but just after significant events (successful or not).

Abilities: Physique and Grace take over for STR and DEX.

Paths: More can be invented as needed, covering similar portions of skill-space. Besides providing support for thieves and rangers, magical paths for refining casting and similar things can be done as well as needed. They'll be added here as they're needed for a PC or NPC.

Characters

PM ME YOUR SHEETS!

This is not first come first serve recruitment. I'm going to be selective in order to make a group that works together both OOC and IC. For that reason avoid planning any PC-PC relationships, calling dibs on roles, or anything that might discourage others from submitting their concepts.

Your characters are members of a particular 3-5 girl idol group. Each member is a magician, of sorts. Other than that everything is open. Are they a half breed between an extra-dimensional dragon and a bus driver? A heiress to the magic mafia? Mundane mafia? BOTH?! The multiverse is vast and Earth diverse with humans of all sorts from animal eared to the regular old normie humies. Think of broad concepts and cool ideas. You can go into details too, but if you leave them up in the air a bit we can try to make things tie together once the cast is assembled. I'm gonna be asking some questions from each player and players together to create bonds and make sure everyone is hyped about the characters.

Face claims: Pick an appropriate face claim from the video or if you've got something super amazing you can also pick that instead, but I may be picky in what art style is allowed. The characters are idols and magicians. The're expected to be unique and eye popping in appearance and personality.

Writing minor characters and NPCes as part of your scenes to smoothen progression is encouraged!

Character sheet

You can keep everything pertaining to the rules empty for now.

Code (Character sheet) Select
[float=right][img height=350 padding=8]IMAGE URL HERE[/img][/float][center][size=larger][b]CHARACTER NAME[/b][/size][/center]

[b]Will[/b] +?,  [b]Grace[/b] +?, [b]Physique[/b] +?
[b]Max Health[/b] 4
[b]Armor[/b] - ?
[b]Features:[/b] 1 Spell slot + starting feature
[b]Items:[/b] Smartphone, clothes, and whatever your character might have at home or other locations.

[b]Summary: [/b]A paragraph summary of who she is and where she is going.

[b]Background:[/b] Elaborate background to give other players and GM plothooks. What's their current conflict in life? Who is their greatest enemy, and who their ally? Try to keep things as short as possible if you can. No need for fluffy descriptions about college life and childhood. Max 700 words.[/url]

Code (Post header) Select
[float=right][img height=350 padding=8]IMAGE URL HERE[/img][/float][url=CHARACTER SHEET URL HERE][b]Character Name[/b][/url]
[b]Appearance:[/b] Clothes description.
[b]Health:[/b] 4/4
[b]Armor:[/b] ?
[b]Spells:[/b] Current spells
[b]Items:[/b] Smartphone, clothes, and whatever the character might be carrying.
[hr]

Posting Rate and other OOC things of note

• I'm looking for a weekly or faster posting rate.
  • HAVE FUN ;D
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

JoanieSappho

You have my ass.

I mean axe.
I mean I want to play this, probably with a somewhat bratty idol.
Also, how birby can I get? (You knew this was coming, Sain)

Basically, can I this?
Birb

Sain

Hi hi ;D

Quote from: JoanieSappho on November 03, 2018, 11:55:26 PM
You have my ass.

I mean axe.
I mean I want to play this, probably with a somewhat bratty idol.
Also, how birby can I get? (You knew this was coming, Sain)

Basically, can I this?
Birb

While I do like the harpy girls, for this game I want more human-ish charas rather than full monster girls.

Sain

Edited the recruitment post. Apparently I posted an older version without some key edits ;D

Added trigger warning to NC portion and a reminder to PM THE SHEETS.

la dame en noir

Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Kimera

azzmeister89

Would you by any chance consider the idea of a male character who's the manager to the girls and despite not realising half of what's going on, tries his best to look after them and keep things organised?

JoanieSappho

If you're going for manager, I should probably warn you about my bratty elf and how likely she would be to be bratty at such a character.  :P

Sain

Quote from: azzmeister89 on November 05, 2018, 12:04:06 PM
Would you by any chance consider the idea of a male character who's the manager to the girls and despite not realising half of what's going on, tries his best to look after them and keep things organised?

Maybe ;D I don't know if that's a good answer, but I'll say maybe. I mean yes, I would consider it, just like the idol sheets.

Silk

Very interesting, might have to put a pm in for this. :)

Kind of reminds me of the game Omega Quintet. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhvwlCDQ_m8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RstZhlohBUo

No embedding of images or videos of characters that do not appear 18 or older - Staff

Tokyorose627

I’ve never done a system before, is it hard to understand, or easy for beginners?

Sain

It's kinda simple I think. Probably among the lighter systems out there.

azzmeister89

I'm sure I can manage one bratty elf 😋 I'll make up a character sheet and see what you think. If you don't think it will work then no worries and I'll wish you all luck.

Tokyorose627

Quote from: Sain on November 06, 2018, 03:13:25 AM
It's kinda simple I think. Probably among the lighter systems out there.

Mm, I’ll think about it! Don’t want to take a spot from someone that would really like something with this, rather then a newbie taking it.

ZameRagues

Quote from: azzmeister89 on November 05, 2018, 12:04:06 PM
*Peeks in and drops a thing before returning to creep from a distance*

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues#8888
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

snowdrop

This sounds really fun and interesting! I'm super busy right now so I'm struggling a bit with time, but I'll try and get a character sheet together soon! :-)

Sain

No hurry with the sheets. I'll likely be looking to compile the team sometime next week or this week Sunday at the earliest :-)

Quote from: ZameRagues on November 06, 2018, 06:34:34 PM
*Peeks in and drops a thing before returning to creep from a distance*

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Match decided at the loading screen there.