Strange Aeons (Pathfinder, LGBT+ friendly)

Started by TheKhan, October 21, 2018, 12:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheKhan

That which is not dead may forever lie/And with strange aeons even death may die.
- The Necronomicon

You… you don’t know where you are. Hell, you don’t know who you are either. Your life is a distant blur, a mess of confusion that you can’t seem to fully recall. All you know is that a sense of dread grows within your mind, eating away at your soul.

Dark secrets lie within...

My Promise
Strange Aeons is a unique Adventure Path and because of that it requires a promise from me before we start. I am not here to fuck with you for me fun and amusement. This AP does mess with your heads a bit, but the goal is not to be a killer GM. I’m not here to arbitrarily kill off your characters (and sometimes it will look like I am because of the way the story is framed), but I’m here to have fun… and for you to have fun. My goal is to terrify and unnerve, but in doing so to also excite and delight. My aim is never to frustrate. In order game so inspired by the Mythos, you need to know that up front. This is still Pathfinder, not Call of Cthulhu, even if it is taking inspiration from CoC.

The Expectations

Regular Posting: I’m not going to set a specific rate, since shit happens, but please post regularly. An issue I’ve found with Pathfinder PbP is when people just want to post in combat, then don’t interact with other players outside of combat.

Please don’t do that.

This is a Pathfinder AP, so there will be plenty of combat, but the story of Strange Aeons is outright fascinating. I want to play this campaign to see how you will react to the strange and impossible. That roleplaying is a big draw for me, so I am perfectly fine with going extended periods without combat. Please make sure you are okay with that too.

Cooperative Play: Basically, don’t be a dick. Don’t troll other people or start fights. We are all here to have fun. Me having to play peacekeeper is anti-fun.

Open Mindedness: This game is open to all orientations and genders. I’m a cis-het male, so I can’t promise I’ll get everything right, but I’m always open to talking and learning more. I just ask everyone bring that open mindedness.

Communication: Talk to me (and each other). Let me know what you’d like to see/experience. If there is something you’d like to see or is killing your buzz, let me know. If something uncomfortable comes up and you need the scene to end, please tell me.

Playing an Adventure Path: APs, by their very nature, are hard to play in PbP. People lose focus or interest, they forget what goals are, or they don’t get constant stimulation, even when they have the best of intentions. I’m going to try some things mitigate these problems, but please be sure you can deal with the long-haul. Also, while I and the AP will give you flexibility with how to deal with problems, recognize there are some expectations of story beats that need to occur. Please make sure you are okay with this and willing to work within the confines of the story as presented.

Read the Player’s Guide: Find it here. You certainly don’t need to memorize the thing, but it's not long and sets some important expectations for this campaign. Also, it has some really good advice for character building.

The Rating
This is a game that goes full throttle on Cosmic Horror, so I am saying Extreme, but that is more for violence, gore, and mind screw rather than sexual content. Fighting Great Old Ones is an intense business. I want to give people fair warning of that and the rating is the easiest way to do so. With that said, non-con and relations with anyone under 19 (or appearing to be under, or under racial equivalent) are totally off limits for me under any circumstances. They will not be appearing in this game.

The Lore
Alignment: Any non-evil. Pathfinder is a game of heroes, and  With that said, Everyone in the group need to be able to get along. Preachy good, lawful templar, and chaotic jerk characters should be avoided.

Background: You can have pretty much any character you want… but everyone has lost significant portions of their memories. Your childhood is more or less clear, but more recent years are completely missing. You will get to discover why eventually and fill in the gaps, but don’t worry about that too much now. You may, however, want to think about how your background relates to your campaign trait.

Also worth noting, while it may be tempting to play a Mythos cultist for this adventure, that would not be an appropriate background. If you want to go that route, consider playing an ex-cultist who lost their memory and would be horrified by this revelation now. I am open to neutral cultists of other, non-Mythos dark gods, but they have to be able to cooperate and work with the other heroes. If you are interested in playing an ex-Mythos cultist or a non-Mythos cultist, message me and we can further discuss how to make that work.

Personality: As I said above, your character needs to be trusting enough to work with others without trying to screw them over (… screw them on the other hand…). Keep a game cohesive on the boards is hard enough with characters getting sarcastic with one another.

Appearance: As you please, although a picture is required so that I can use it on maps, although it doesn’t have to be a perfect representation of your character.

Aspirations: Please include three aspirations for your character, two short-term and one long term. Note that these are your aspirations for the character, so they don’t have to be things the character wants to happen to themself. Also, these aspirations should be story focused, but don’t have to connect to a larger metaplot. They are just useful barometers for me to try and keep everyone engaged.

Sexuality: The big focus on this game for is to play the game. For sex, I'm more interested in seeing realistic (or realistic as possible) relationships develop, rather than "everyone gets laid." It can and will come up, but it won't just be with a random NPC unless you specifically go looking for that. Of course, you are also free to imitate with each other if that is your desire.

The Crunch
Books: All Paizo. I'm sticking with that so I don't have to do any major restructuring of the AP to account for 3rd Party content.
Starting Level: 1st
Classes: Any from the above sources.
Races: Any race of up to 15 RP is okay.
Ability scores: Standard 15 point buy. A common question I’ve gotten from PbP is if I will up it to 20 point buy. Often I cave in, but I won't be this time since the AP is calibrated for 15 points.
Hit Points: Full at first level.
Equipment: Average starting wealth by class (find it here, under 8) Getting Equipped) If you are using a lot of non-standard equipment, please give a brief description of the item’s unique properties.
Traits: Two traits at character creation, no more by any means. One of the traits needs to be a campaign trait from the Player’s Guide.
Experience: When I feel it is an appropriate time for you to level up, I will tell you to level up.

The Application
Players: 4
What You Need: A character sheet that’s at least 90% done, including picture, aspirations, and background. The latter does not need to be super extensive, however.
When you need it by: November 3rd. If that doesn’t work though, talk to me and we may be able to work something out. I'd like to aim to have the final group chosen by November 4th or 5th.

Chulanowa

Vergil1989

I know next to nothing about Pathfinder.  I'd like to change that if at all possible.  I'm trying to branch out from D&D and broaden my system knowledge a bit, but I don't want to drag anyone down either.  Would a near complete noob be alright to join this?  Because if so, I'll do my best to at least get something started here soon.
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

TheKhan

Quote from: Vergil1989 on October 21, 2018, 02:06:42 PM
I know next to nothing about Pathfinder.  I'd like to change that if at all possible.  I'm trying to branch out from D&D and broaden my system knowledge a bit, but I don't want to drag anyone down either.  Would a near complete noob be alright to join this?  Because if so, I'll do my best to at least get something started here soon.

I'd be okay with it. As long as your willing to work with the other players and take advice from them, I expect it would be okay. Fair warning though, this is a very different campaign than most of Pathfinder's fare.

Vergil1989

I have read and seen a couple campaigns, so I kinda got that impression lol.  But yeah, I'm happy to try and talk to everyone as needed either here or Discord or whatever.  I can't get to my computer at this exact moment, but as soon as I'm able I'll happily start coordinating where I need to.  I assume Mythweavers for character sheets then?  I'm just clarifying is all, but I'm easy to get along with, so no worries on this end Khan.  God that feels so weird to say, seeing as I watch too much Star Trek at times lol.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread

TheKhan

Grizzly

Count me in.  I'll knock together a character in a few days.  (I'm on the road at the moment)
We few, we happy few, we band of writers;
For they this day that share words with me
Shall be my fellow; be they ne'er so vile,

Vergil1989

And I just now noticed but your picture looks like a black and white pencil drawing of Vivi from Final Fantasy 9.  So many awesome memories if that's the case.  ;D  Lol but alright, I'll do my best, but starting a Discord might not be a bad idea honestly.  Just a suggestion is all.  :D

I think I have everything taken care of Khan, but feel free to correct me if there's anything missing or whatever.  I might be missing some equipment, starting items, whatever, but I believe everything else is filled in appropriately.

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1731312

That's what I have so far though.  Hopefully it's a good start for ya Khan.  :D

Ixy

I love the sound of this... the idea of it being horror-focused, of being "messed with" but with you, as DM, being completely upfront that the focus is for a higher goal for the story... that there will be mysteries we may never solve... and yes, I adore violence, writing gore is SO much fun, and this is the best season for a good, dark story.

Would you find it more beneficial to have a bard, who is uncertain why she is gets a terrified chill when she hears chains rattle, but can't turn away when she thinks that something new is about to rear its head-- no matter how vile and strange it is?

Or would you rather have a dedicated, hard-nosed fighter/barbarian/ranger or whatnot, who cares only about pulling her compatriots from the maw of danger, and who has nightmares about losing them despite only having just met them?

If either works out, I'll work up the sheet-- and if neither works, or my app just falls short-- that's okay too.  Thank you for the opportunity :)

Vergil1989

I'm actually working on a bard Ixy, but I'm alright if you want to do one as well.  I just thought I'd warn you before you got too far ahead though.   :-[

Ixy

Quote from: Vergil1989 on October 21, 2018, 09:09:34 PM
I'm actually working on a bard Ixy, but I'm alright if you want to do one as well.  I just thought I'd warn you before you got too far ahead though.   :-[

Not a problem-- that helps me narrow it down to avoid stepping on toes.  Now, just... er... Bloodrager, Barbarian, Ranger, Fighter, fuuuuuu.... definitely a meathead....

TheKhan

Quote from: Ixy on October 21, 2018, 09:01:46 PM
I love the sound of this... the idea of it being horror-focused, of being "messed with" but with you, as DM, being completely upfront that the focus is for a higher goal for the story... that there will be mysteries we may never solve... and yes, I adore violence, writing gore is SO much fun, and this is the best season for a good, dark story.

This is defintely the game for you then!

Ixy

Word ;)  Here's the first draft, sans background-- basically as I described.  She is strongly impulsive, attached to her partners, has terrifying visions of something terrible happening to them, despite barely knowing them... all hints of who she may be despite not having any clear recollections. 

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1731623

Rhynarion

I am working on a Dhampir Sorcerer who worships Ragadahn!

Sanyebon emphasizes his role as a scholar and explorer of the unknown, and as the patron of sailors and dragons, rather than his more destructive and bloodthirsty aspects; especially as a scholar and explorer.

Vergil1989

I can't get into anything specific since, as I've said before, I know next to nothing about this world.  Still, I do know Lyanna Amell is a half elf bard with a noble background who currently has a lot of guilt which drives her forward.  She of course can't remember it, whatever she's done, but my thought is that she was Charmed by someone she trusted to kill someone in her own family.  Whatever the case, waking up in this nightmarish scenario is almost a reprieve.  ;D

Other than hoping all of her various stats, equipment, feats, traits, etc are alright, I think she's good to go.  I won't be able to fix her sheet until tomorrow at some point though, but feel free to check her over whenever someone gets a chance.  Thanks and thanks for having me!

TheKhan

@Vergil: I've only skimmed your character sheet, but it looks like it should be good. Don't worry about not knowing the world for the background, if you create something fairly generic, I (or other players) can help you tie it into Golarion more directly. Don't forget about personality and aspirations either!

@Ixy: Bloodrager! Did you pick out traits yet? I couldn't find them on your sheet.

Ixy

I will add traits and a little bit more gear today, and update when all clear for your final review. TY!

Chulanowa

I'm feeling like doing an Occult class, or perhaps a wizard / witch. Gotta go image shopping to decide  :-)

Roleplay Frog

This one I feel much more easily inspired by and.. like the dark and mysterious anyway. So.... donzo!

Joane D'artagan
Lvl 1 Chaotic Good Human Vampire Hunter

Random Piratey Theme.
Joane distinctively remembers.. rather little, but among these little things is singing pirate shanties and hunting a merchant ship. Adding to that her attire, she concludes she has been serving as, or even was, a mighty pirate captain. With little other choice, she fully embraces this role, even if some of the ... less heroic aspects of piracy leave a bad taste in her mouth. See rather believe herself to have been a noble buccaneer, taking from the rich and giving to the poor, than a seafaring robber.

She also believes herself cursed, due to a hint of supernatural abilities in her arsenal, which she can not otherwise explain away. And stories of cursed pirate-captains are abound, aren't they?

Full backstory

Joane is both vampire and pirate-hunter, perhaps the only of her kind. Her young soon to be husband seduced and drained by a creature of the night with a dark ship making port at her home-town.
She even managed to track down and slay the creature that had taken her beloved.. only to realize that she too had been a victim of another undead.

She dedicated her life at first to revenge and then, when the shock and sorrow faded, to protect others from the fate she had experienced. She's been in disguise, traveling, hunting wicked pirates and lesser undead alike for months, if not years, she lost track.

In her dedication he learned to use some of the lesser abilities of his quarry, albeit never falling to their dark depravity. Still, her predicaments have left her with a grim determination that has not entirely faded with a loss of memories.

Aspirations:
- Become a well renowed (Feared, respected) Pirate captain
- Get booty. One or the other kind. You know.
- Find out why she has this strange penchant for eating garlic.

Ability Scores(+Modifiers)
Str 14 +2
Dex 16 +3
Con 12 +1
Int 10
Wis 10
Cha 12 +1

HP: 10 (1d8 +2) Armor Class: 17 (+4 armor, +3 Dex) Initiative Bonus: +3 Speed:d 30 ft land CMD: 16 Saving Throws: Fort: +1  Ref: +5 Will: +2
Class/Racial Feats
Human: +2 dex, Bonus feat, Military Tradition (Bastard Sword, Duelling Dagger)
Vampire Hunter: Detect Undead, Track, Vampiric focus (Vampiric Might), Technique Feat (Two Weapon fighting)

Chosen Feats(2 total): Possessed Hand, Hands Autonomy

Traits: Cautious Warrior(Combat), Ships Crew(campaign)

Skills:
Intimidate: +5
Sense Motive: +4
Perception: +4
Profession: (Sailor) +4
Acrobatics: +8
Knowledge: Religion +3

Equipment and items: 175 gold
Crossbow, Light x1 (35 gold)
Crossbow bolt x20 (2 gold)
Armored Coat (50 gold)
Dagger, Duelling (12 gold)
Bastard sword x2 (70 gold)
- > 1 gold for food rations.
10 gold left

Attacks: -2 If Dual-wielding
+4 Bastard Sword 1d10 +3 (19-20 x2).

TheKhan

Just to make sure everyone's clear (since I realized I may have done a poor job of communicating it in my original post) I'm going to leave this thread open until the 3rd, then pick the players out of those who have expressed interest. As you can see, there has been quite a bit. So don't feel you need to rush working on character sheets!

Looking good so far and I'm stoked to see what else I out there!

ChaoticSky

I am also interested, probably a Brawler? Will work on it this weekend i think.

Callie Del Noire

I think it could be fun to try out something out of one of the Lovecraft stories.. like the character at the end of Dweller on the Thresholod

I would ask that you reconsider the BP range.. 15 BP is hideous considering what we'll be encountering (Anything in Mythos settings are going to eat us alive)

Noel

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

(Elliquiy)  Noel
Changeling unchained rogue 1 (Pathfinder Player Companion: Blood of the Coven 7, Pathfinder Player Companion: Melee Tactics Toolbox 15, Pathfinder RPG Bestiary 4 29, Pathfinder Unchained 20)
NG Medium humanoid (changeling)
Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +5
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex)
hp 10 (1d8+2)
Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +1; +2 racial bonus vs gaze attacks
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft.
Special Attacks sneak attack (unchained) +1d6
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 1st; concentration +1)
   1/day—dancing lights, detect magic, disguise self, pass without trace
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 12, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 12, Cha 11
Base Atk +0; CMB +1; CMD 13
Feats Point-Blank Shot, Throw Anything, Weapon Finesse
Traits formerly mind-swapped, surprise weapon
Skills Acrobatics +6, Climb +5, Diplomacy +4, Disable Device +6, Disguise +4, Knowledge (local) +6, Perception +5, Stealth +6, Swim +5, Use Magic Device +4
Languages Common
SQ improvised weapons
Other Gear 150 gp
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Darkvision (60 feet) You can see in the dark (black and white only).
Improvised Weapons (Ex) Gain Catch Off-Guard and Throw Anything as bonus feats.
Point-Blank Shot +1 to attack and damage rolls with ranged weapons at up to 30 feet.
Sneak Attack (Unchained) +1d6 Attacks deal extra dam if flank foe or if foe is flat-footed.
Throw Anything Proficient with improvised ranged weapons. +1 to hit with thrown splash weapons..

TheKhan

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on October 22, 2018, 08:26:10 PM
I would ask that you reconsider the BP range.. 15 BP is hideous considering what we'll be encountering (Anything in Mythos settings are going to eat us alive)

No can do, sorry. Every time I've allowed BP 20 for an AP, it has messed with the progression. The writers have taken it into account don't worry. There are opportunities to gain permanent stat boosts, and the first two APs are a master class in showing how to run a low-level Lovecraftian adventure without throwing the heroes against insurmountable odds. It will work out in the end, trust me!

Besides, the Great Old Ones don't come until later...

(Yes, that was plural)

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: TheKhan on October 22, 2018, 09:16:04 PM
No can do, sorry. Every time I've allowed BP 20 for an AP, it has messed with the progression. The writers have taken it into account don't worry. There are opportunities to gain permanent stat boosts, and the first two APs are a master class in showing how to run a low-level Lovecraftian adventure without throwing the heroes against insurmountable odds. It will work out in the end, trust me!

Besides, the Great Old Ones don't come until later...

(Yes, that was plural)

15 is the expected standard.. and I found while considering builds that I can still hit a relatively easy 15+DC for casters or a 25 ac for melees by sacrificing other stuff, so it's really not backbreaking.

I mean, by the same logic I dun think 20 backbreaking either, Players that want to build strong will do so with 10 or 30 points, but *chuckles*

Heck. I'll bet money I can do something naughty with 0 points, all 10's, only racial modifier. :p
But that's beside the point.

Callie Del Noire

I won’t fib I don’t build high stats on 20 BP unless I’m doing a caster. I just like a little more padding for things like saves, skills and such. 4 person party makes it difficult to fill all the niches

Here is what I got so far.. something like The Thing on the Threshold’s  William Derby..with out the being in a dead body part. I’m trying to find an image of the woman on Page 7 of the Strange Aeons Players Guide. I’d try to upload it but I don’t know any free options for it

Noel A.

Backstory: None, given we start in a fugue state

Introduction (From my PC’s POV):
”They say I’m a Lady, Noel, but I know that I’d not....
   I should a gutter rat, more often cursed at than addressed by name
  I am a short petite woman with a mane of black hair...
    But I shouldn’t be, I recall being tall and lanky..
  There are memories of alien lands with red skies and needlike towers of by gone times
    Not the halls of the capital and the piers of Westcrown..
  I see alien forms and the face in the mirror with mismatched eyes, that aren’t my own..
    ‘Who am?’
   A voice replies but I can’t hear it..

Noel A.

Changeling unchained rogue 1 (Pathfinder Player Companion: Blood of the Coven 7, Pathfinder Player Companion: Melee Tactics Toolbox 15, Pathfinder RPG Bestiary 4 29, Pathfinder Unchained 20)
CG Medium humanoid (changeling)
Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +5
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 11 (+2 Dex, +1 natural)
hp 10 (1d8+2)
Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +1; +2 racial bonus vs gaze attacks
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft.
Melee 2 claws +2 (1d4+1)
Special Attacks sneak attack (unchained) +1d6
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 12, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 12, Cha 11
Base Atk +0; CMB +1; CMD 13
Feats Catch Off-guard, Point-Blank Shot, Throw Anything, Weapon Finesse
Traits formerly mind-swapped, surprise weapon
Skills Acrobatics +6, Climb +5, Diplomacy +4, Disable Device +6, Disguise +4, Knowledge (local) +6, Perception +5, Stealth +6, Swim +5, Use Magic Device +4
Languages Aklo, Common, Hallit, Varisian
SQ improvised weapons
Other Gear 150 gp
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Catch Off-Guard Proficient with improvised melee weapons. Unarmed foe is flat-footed against your improvised weapons.
Darkvision (60 feet) You can see in the dark (black and white only).
Improvised Weapons (Ex) Gain Catch Off-Guard and Throw Anything as bonus feats.
Point-Blank Shot +1 to attack and damage rolls with ranged weapons at up to 30 feet.
Sneak Attack (Unchained) +1d6 Attacks deal extra dam if flank foe or if foe is flat-footed.
Throw Anything Proficient with improvised ranged weapons. +1 to hit with thrown splash weapons.

Callie Del Noire

Question: Do we even need to buy gear considering how we start?

TheKhan

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on October 23, 2018, 02:46:16 PM
Question: Do we even need to buy gear considering how we start?
Yes, and you probably won't want to save it as loose cash, since you'll be pretty isolated for the first little while.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: TheKhan on October 23, 2018, 03:41:31 PM
Yes, and you probably won't want to save it as loose cash, since you'll be pretty isolated for the first little while.

Gotcha, any thoughts on the idea/character yet?

TheKhan

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on October 23, 2018, 03:48:21 PM
Gotcha, any thoughts on the idea/character yet?

Mindswapping is "fun"! Seems to be a pretty solid concept. I look forward to seeing more!

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: TheKhan on October 23, 2018, 06:48:13 PM
Mindswapping is "fun"! Seems to be a pretty solid concept. I look forward to seeing more!

Yeah I am hoping to go with it.. she just came back in the wrong body.. and her name is backwards..:)

Chulanowa

I hate going in to make a character, and instead ending up with five. Anyone else have this problem?

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: Chulanowa on October 25, 2018, 04:35:07 AM
I hate going in to make a character, and instead ending up with five. Anyone else have this problem?

you mean a few different ideas while staring at a basic concept? My pirate-vampire hunter stared longingly at swashbuckler and other things, if you mean that.

As for different character concepts.. I got that problem too, but first level kinda restricts things you can do with that.

Callie Del Noire

Been there.. done that.. built lots of them up for my PFS character blog

TheKhan

There's a reason I like to GM  ;D

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: TheKhan on October 26, 2018, 05:51:03 PM
There's a reason I like to GM  ;D
Same here..though I'm currently burned out after earning something like 170 tables of credit in the Pathfinder Society.

Chulanowa

Since I've gotten into your other game TheKhan, I think I'm going to leave it at that and let someone else have a shot here  ;D

(that and I still haven't been able to pull one character out of the five, so, uh, yeah that's a thing)

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Chulanowa on October 27, 2018, 05:30:16 AM
Since I've gotten into your other game TheKhan, I think I'm going to leave it at that and let someone else have a shot here  ;D

(that and I still haven't been able to pull one character out of the five, so, uh, yeah that's a thing)

Bummer... :(

Vergil1989

I unfortunately need to drop as well.  I've started my own D&D 5e game with me as the DM, something I've never done before I might add, so between that and having a bunch of other things going on, I'd likely get swamped and have to drop anyway, which sucks.  Sorry though Khan, and thanks for having me at all my friend.

Callie Del Noire

Roleplay Frog

I do think that leaves us at 2 definite players, perhaps can call Chula back then. *chuckles*

Callie Del Noire

Me an this AP.  Never have any luck.  Last time the GM in RL wigged our an left the state

Chulanowa

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on October 27, 2018, 12:57:27 PM
Me an this AP.  Never have any luck.  Last time the GM in RL wigged our an left the state

He looked upon the eldritch sign and went mad!

But there's no escape.

no escape.

Roleplay Frog

So Chula, if you can't decide at all, just list those five and we'll decide for ya? :P

I vote for the goblin-cook.

Callie Del Noire

I'm the trap monkey.. .. what do we need to fill?

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on October 27, 2018, 02:04:04 PM
I'm the trap monkey.. .. what do we need to fill?

The trap monkey. *wiggles eyebrows*

I'm a balanced frontliner, can take a hit, can hit back, no crazy extremes in the build. 

So .. go caster classes.

TheKhan

There still is more time. I'll see if I can't drum any interest up. I'd really like to give this one a shot.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Roleplay Frog on October 27, 2018, 02:08:04 PM
The trap monkey. *wiggles eyebrows*

I'm a balanced frontliner, can take a hit, can hit back, no crazy extremes in the build. 

So .. go caster classes.

Was leaning rogue/Alchemist.  One discovery and you’re the party ‘mixologist’

ChaoticSky

*raises finger* I am still here :P I was just occupied during the week so i planned to wait till the weekend before putting any thought into a character. So thats another one. Ill have a sheet up later today or early tomorrow.

I was planning on a brawler, but i can do other things. I can pick up a fullcaster of some sort since everyone needs a spellslinger. Or maybe a paladin for healing, though the low pointbuy makes me super nervous about anything that isnt SAD.

Chulanowa

Well... you guys are making me feel wanted, so how can I say no?

My five character ideas are...

Dhampir Paladin (self-sacrificing martyr type; lay on hands must hurt when you take damage from positive energy!)
Nightskulk skinwalker Alchemist (Classic Dr. Jekyll / Mr. Hyde type, but with wererats!)
Gnome wizard (Amoral shadow-slinging mind-bender)
Gnome Investigator (because every Cthulhu type game needs a snoopy investigator type and i just liek short races)
Changeling Medium (Haunted brains are the best brains)

Callie Del Noire

Gnome Investigator would be a good thing I think

TheKhan

I’d say go for the Medium or one of the Gnomes.

Roleplay Frog

Changeling or dhampir imo. Dhampir cause if you go angst you might as well go all in, Changeling because haunted Mystique sounds jolly.

.. guess that means you can narrow it down to 2 if you go by majority.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Roleplay Frog on October 28, 2018, 03:56:02 AM
Changeling or dhampir imo. Dhampir cause if you go angst you might as well go all in, Changeling because haunted Mystique sounds jolly.

.. guess that means you can narrow it down to 2 if you go by majority.

Dhampir is cool but as I learned in Carrion Crown.. their neg energy affinity can be a royal pain

Roleplay Frog

proper Dhampir Goth-enthusiasts embrace the pain.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Roleplay Frog on October 28, 2018, 09:13:26 AM
proper Dhampir Goth-enthusiasts embrace the pain.

Still think the investigator would fill in knowledge vital spots. Mythos checks melt his mind not ours   ;P

Roleplay Frog

eh. gnomes usually not cute. I want to see cutie mindmelting preferably.

ChaoticSky

Right-o I am putting my character together now. Though i am also caught between a few concepts and would like input if anyone is bored ^^.

-The first is a necromancer. Always wanted to play one but could never find a good excuse. Blood Arcanist to get the Sanguine Bloodline. Race will be human, dhampir, or gnome (human for Best Race, Dhampir for synergy with arcanist bloodline, and gnome for fun and novel racial traits). I figure having disposable minions that are immune to mind effecting effects and fear will probably help us in this AP and its one of the few plotlines where having a necromancer around would be the least of ones problems. Not evil mind you... but when you have a fount of undeady power its hard to be anything else and she really wishes people would stop judging her for it *huff*. Probably originates in Kaer Maga due to their happy go lucky relationship with necromancy.

-An alternative version will be a straight up blastery/support arcanist, though ill invest in some wands for healing if we need it. Maybe alittle over eager on the explosions. Hehe.

-The other idea is a Oracle, a Life Mystery Divine Herbalist(pei zin) Oracle to be specific for the maximized healing, buffing and support so we all dont end up dead in the face of eldritch horror :P. I imagine condition and ability damage removal will come in handy(it even says as much in the PG). Race will probably be human, kitsune or gnome (for the same reasons).

In either case, right now the background im thinking of is that they recall... studies (arcane or divine), being a serious, no-nonsense student of magic. You know the type, straight As, teachers pet, no time for frivolities... but they wake up covered in tattoos and/or with other signs of having a really wild life, and when they find their stuff, her attire is rather *ahem* minimal. Shes going to be quite disturbed and really wants to know how she got from A to B.

Opins?

Also Gnomes are amazing :P I can at leased guarantee that my face claim for gnomes is quite attractive by anyone's measure.

Roleplay Frog

I dun get what it is with all the gnomes popping up recently. I get dhampirs but gnomes. *ponderfaces*

anyway, I was never a big fan for scripting a character towards a certain campaign trail, over adapting to the challenges as they popped up. Now if the DM gave specific directions like 'make sure you can deal with aquatic threats' that'd be something different, but going 'Aha! This campaign will deal with fighting Iceus the Ice-King so I pack lotsa cold resistance' is, imo, just asking for a suprise DM turnabout, in this case, who says that your undead wont come back posessed by tentacles, ready to spread their love and infection to the living, turning them too into lust-crazed tentaclehosts, struggling against their parasitic... their...  and..

On second thought, go necromancer! wooo! Great idea!

ChaoticSky

Quote from: Roleplay Frog on October 28, 2018, 11:53:45 AM
I dun get what it is with all the gnomes popping up recently. I get dhampirs but gnomes. *ponderfaces*

anyway, I was never a big fan for scripting a character towards a certain campaign trail, over adapting to the challenges as they popped up. Now if the DM gave specific directions like 'make sure you can deal with aquatic threats' that'd be something different, but going 'Aha! This campaign will deal with fighting Iceus the Ice-King so I pack lotsa cold resistance' is, imo, just asking for a suprise DM turnabout, in this case, who says that your undead wont come back posessed by tentacles, ready to spread their love and infection to the living, turning them too into lust-crazed tentaclehosts, struggling against their parasitic... their...  and..

On second thought, go necromancer! wooo! Great idea!
*shrug* It also has alot of save-or-die effects i can max the shit out of since im focusing on one school. Its just a idea, Strange Aeons is (as far as i know) mostly dealing with abberrations and crazy cultists, so if you wanted to build a abberrationkiller (and there are archtypes for that) then you would probably be well equipped. From the persepctive of a spellcaster, using a strategy that maximizes your effectiveness is pretty much a given... it may not always work, there *are* ways to mindwhammy undead, but it should help compared to say, regular summons which are just as likely to run away screaming as we are.

Callie Del Noire

Gnome add Kitsune have some very interesting racial bonuses.. one of the nastiest theurges I have seen in Society play is a gnome sorcerer/oracle who due to subtracting her charisma bonus from the effective HD for color spray and other effects is able to use it all the way up to seeker levels. (12+ level)

Roleplay Frog

Building strong casters never tickled my tadpolemaker much. Get your caster level up, get your DC up, find a way to cast twice a turn, you're good to go.

Callie Del Noire

You eve never DMed for this guys. DC 25 ish color spray sucks for mooks.

;)

ChaoticSky

That said, less about the races and more about the classes! Preferences? O_O

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on October 28, 2018, 02:25:24 PM
You eve never DMed for this guys. DC 25 ish color spray sucks for mooks.

;)

You wanna get a pretty high DC? Ask a red wizard.
But if you want to see something scary, ask a druid. It begins and ends with this spell:
http://dnd.arkalseif.info/spells/spell-compendium--86/owls-insight--4619/index.html

TheKhan

Quote from: ChaoticSky on October 28, 2018, 02:30:20 PM
That said, less about the races and more about the classes! Preferences? O_O

If you go arcane, I'd suggest the Necromancer over the blaster. A necromancer would be an interesting choice in this campaign, although it may make some of your initial allies a bit leery. Undead aren't your primary enemies, but they show up a lot in the Mythos.

Chulanowa

Quote from: ChaoticSky on October 28, 2018, 11:49:20 AM
The first is a necromancer. Always wanted to play one but could never find a good excuse. Blood Arcanist to get the Sanguine Bloodline. Race will be human, dhampir, or gnome (human for Best Race, Dhampir for synergy with arcanist bloodline, and gnome for fun and novel racial traits). I figure having disposable minions that are immune to mind effecting effects and fear will probably help us in this AP and its one of the few plotlines where having a necromancer around would be the least of ones problems. Not evil mind you... but when you have a fount of undeady power its hard to be anything else and she really wishes people would stop judging her for it *huff*. Probably originates in Kaer Maga due to their happy go lucky relationship with necromancy.

I do love a necromancer who isn't of the "bleargh death is uber kewl, rise my minions mwahahaha" variety. The whole idea of an arcanist manipulating the forces of positive and negative energy, communing with the spirits of the dead, and sure, maybe in a pinch putting a dead enemy back to work for the greater good is lush  ;D

The downsides here are, first, necromancy is just a weak school of magic at lower levels. it's really more of a "splash into" set of spells until ~3rd level spells (so level 6 for an Arcanist). Second problem is that, well, Blood Arcanist can't actually get the sanguine option - the "Wildblood" sorcerer bloodlines are only available to the Wildblood sorcerer archetype (though granted a lot of DM's will justh andwave it, so that might work here. Just saying RAW :-) )

Quote-An alternative version will be a straight up blastery/support arcanist, though ill invest in some wands for healing if we need it. Maybe alittle over eager on the explosions. Hehe.

If you're set on an arcanist with minions... might I suggest a conjuration specialist of some sort? even a summoner or spiritualist could fit the bill. it could definitely tie into the "horrors from beyond" themes, and conjuration is one hell of a deep school of magic.

Quote-The other idea is a Oracle, a Life Mystery Divine Herbalist(pei zin) Oracle to be specific for the maximized healing, buffing and support so we all dont end up dead in the face of eldritch horror :P. I imagine condition and ability damage removal will come in handy(it even says as much in the PG). Race will probably be human, kitsune or gnome (for the same reasons).

Condition removal is amazing. Healing is a little less necessary, but pleasant to have. I would go with the human or gnome, but that might be because i'm a little prejudiced against the idea of being in this asylum full of eldritch horror and despair and there's Kimiko the Kawaii Kitsune over there, kekeke =^.^= *ahem* I'm sure you wouldn't do that but in my head...

QuoteAlso Gnomes are amazing :P I can at leased guarantee that my face claim for gnomes is quite attractive by anyone's measure.

You're right, Frog is wrong, case closed.

Roleplay Frog

QuoteYou're right, Frog is wrong, case closed.

ChaoticSky

Quote from: Chulanowa on October 28, 2018, 03:54:44 PM
I do love a necromancer who isn't of the "bleargh death is uber kewl, rise my minions mwahahaha" variety. The whole idea of an arcanist manipulating the forces of positive and negative energy, communing with the spirits of the dead, and sure, maybe in a pinch putting a dead enemy back to work for the greater good is lush  ;D
Heh, shes abit practical about it. Sorta this is where my talents lie, it would be dumb to ignore it, now please put the pitchfork down, i dont want your damn grandma.

QuoteThe downsides here are, first, necromancy is just a weak school of magic at lower levels. it's really more of a "splash into" set of spells until ~3rd level spells (so level 6 for an Arcanist). Second problem is that, well, Blood Arcanist can't actually get the sanguine option - the "Wildblood" sorcerer bloodlines are only available to the Wildblood sorcerer archetype (though granted a lot of DM's will justh andwave it, so that might work here. Just saying RAW :-) )
Necromancy is awesome you take that back.
As for the second, its actually permissible by RAW. Hybrid classes are considered their parent classes for all purposes. Arcanist counts as both sorc and wiz for anything that counts sorc and/or wiz levels directly, or feats and such that are for wizards for example. They have access to racial bonuses of all three classes (arcanist, wiz and sorc), so you can pick which ever one you like (like say if you like the human wizard bonus better than the human arcanist bonus, you can take the wiz one instead). More pointedly, they can make use of archtypes for their parent classes as long as they have all the requisite class features. Sorta like how you can stack archetypes if they dont replace the same things. Wildblooded Sorc modifies the arcana and first level bloodline power, Blood Arcanist has both of those, therefore you can apply wildbloodlines to Blood Arcanist.  ;D

QuoteIf you're set on an arcanist with minions... might I suggest a conjuration specialist of some sort? even a summoner or spiritualist could fit the bill. it could definitely tie into the "horrors from beyond" themes, and conjuration is one hell of a deep school of magic.
I am not, hense 'blaster/support arcanist'.

QuoteCondition removal is amazing. Healing is a little less necessary, but pleasant to have. I would go with the human or gnome, but that might be because i'm a little prejudiced against the idea of being in this asylum full of eldritch horror and despair and there's Kimiko the Kawaii Kitsune over there, kekeke =^.^= *ahem* I'm sure you wouldn't do that but in my head...
It is! Healing is pretty damn nice too at higher levels, the notion that the best defense is a good offense actually falls apart around level 8 or so, and a proper healer becomes a godsend.

*thinking face*

What does the fox say? YEYEYEYEYEYEYYE

But more seriously, no, i wouldnt do that :P

That said, it looks like the blaster arcanist is conclusively out... i was sorta expecting people to beg for the oracle, but so far it looks like the necromancer has more interest.

Callie Del Noire

Not all purposes.  For example Investigators don’t get access to their extracts as spells. So they have to UMD activation items.

ChaoticSky

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on October 28, 2018, 04:37:22 PM
Not all purposes.  For example Investigators don’t get access to their extracts as spells. So they have to UMD activation items.
Where does it say that? Their class write up specifically describes their extracts as spells and references alchemist rules, including copying from a alch's forumla book.

Roleplay Frog

Quotethe notion that the best defense is a good offense actually falls apart around level 8

Level 8? There is no cutoff point for these things, imo. But lvl 9 is when casters start doing some scary stuff and get able to bypass some immunities that troubled them before.
I have, throughout the bench, found the stronger builds, baring extreme broken exeptions, to be builds that were weighted around 80-20 defense vs offense. Sure, you do need someone that can take down issues fast, but overall performance you want to also stick around in the fight to keep doing things.

ChaoticSky

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on October 28, 2018, 04:37:22 PM
QuoteWhere does it say that? Their class write up specifically describes their extracts as spells and references alchemist rules, including copying from a alch's forumla book.
Nevermind, i found it, thats really odd. Especialy since its described by exception. Youd think if they meant for them not to beable to use wands they would have said so. Instead they just left out the spell trigger line. I guess its because your supposed to be a UMD monkey anyway.

Quote from: Roleplay Frog on October 28, 2018, 04:44:25 PM
Level 8? There is no cutoff point for these things, imo. But lvl 9 is when casters start doing some scary stuff and get able to bypass some immunities that troubled them before.
I have, throughout the bench, found the stronger builds, baring extreme broken exeptions, to be builds that were weighted around 80-20 defense vs offense. Sure, you do need someone that can take down issues fast, but overall performance you want to also stick around in the fight to keep doing things.
*Nod* Thats pretty much spot on. But if you look at discussions about healing and the like in pathfinder, you will find alot of people who say that, for example, incombat healing is a waste of a turn, and that any party will benefit from another person hitting the target over having a member keeping people alive.

The fact this, this is true in the 1-6 range where most PFS play happens. At that level, generally mobs will not beable to do enough damage to kill a PC in the middle of a fight before the PCs can kill it first. So all healing is done outside of combat using CLW wands. But past a certain point (which i am told is around level 8 by people who are much better at math than me) encounters can start reaching the point where the damage coming in is could kill a PC before the PCs damage out kills the target, meaning that in-fight healing can become a matter of life and death, and having a proper healer (rather than a UMD monkey with a wand) becomes very important to survival. Status and ability damage also become more common after that point, where you want a cleric/oracle/similar to keep everyone from getting bogged down under poisons and curses and failed saves and so on.

Roleplay Frog

Quote*Nod* Thats pretty much spot on. But if you look at discussions about healing and the like in pathfinder, you will find alot of people who say that, for example, incombat healing is a waste of a turn, and that any party will benefit from another person hitting the target over having a member keeping people alive.

I'm a connoiseure of builds, however you spell that. I like crafting extreme builds, usually whilest limiting myself to not outshine everyone else, which is no fun. You'll note that my pirate dual wields non-small weapons for the fun of it.
Anyway. These people are pretty much wrong. An unmodified cure spell does 1+1d8, which is less than the damage you can be dealt, but it is a sure hit, whilest attacks still have a decent miss chance, so, as unlikely as it may seem, if your chance is to hit someone with a 75% sucess chance vs them hitting you with a 75% sucess chance, if both of you could attack for lethal in the next round, but you can heal to be outside of lethal range, you should always do it, get rid of that 25% risk of you missing..

That is grossly oversimplifying it, but this is how it is.

I dun trust mathing -everything- through in pathfinder. A lot you can math through, yes, but just look at the heroic defiance feat, how do you math that out? It's a high investment, single round reward feat but I found it incredibly valuable in certain high level(and even some mid-ish level) situations.
If I had to name a cutoff point it'd be lvl 5, where you get an additional attack, that throws the math off.

But ultimately, it's stone, paper, scissors. Damage dealers beat casters beat defensive builds beat damage dealers.

Chulanowa

Quote from: ChaoticSky on October 28, 2018, 04:30:15 PM
As for the second, its actually permissible by RAW. Hybrid classes are considered their parent classes for all purposes. Arcanist counts as both sorc and wiz for anything that counts sorc and/or wiz levels directly, or feats and such that are for wizards for example. They have access to racial bonuses of all three classes (arcanist, wiz and sorc), so you can pick which ever one you like (like say if you like the human wizard bonus better than the human arcanist bonus, you can take the wiz one instead). More pointedly, they can make use of archtypes for their parent classes as long as they have all the requisite class features. Sorta like how you can stack archetypes if they dont replace the same things. Wildblooded Sorc modifies the arcana and first level bloodline power, Blood Arcanist has both of those, therefore you can apply wildbloodlines to Blood Arcanist.  ;D

I think that was true in the ACG playtest (along with an inability to multiclass into either "Parent Class") but no, as it stands the hybrid classes are fully standalone classes. Which is why you get things like the Brawler's Martial Training ability, which lets their brawler levels count as both fighter and monk levels for qualifying for feats; they wouldn't have this ability if they were already fighters and monks by default.

That said, it's probably a moot point in this specific case, since a wildblood bloodline isn't really any different systems-wise from a default one. Just picking at strings I guess.  ;D

ChaoticSky

Quote from: Chulanowa on October 28, 2018, 07:50:17 PM
I think that was true in the ACG playtest (along with an inability to multiclass into either "Parent Class") but no, as it stands the hybrid classes are fully standalone classes. Which is why you get things like the Brawler's Martial Training ability, which lets their brawler levels count as both fighter and monk levels for qualifying for feats; they wouldn't have this ability if they were already fighters and monks by default.

That said, it's probably a moot point in this specific case, since a wildblood bloodline isn't really any different systems-wise from a default one. Just picking at strings I guess.  ;D
...Huh, what do you know, your right. Thats really odd.

And no one told me before now! ???

Anyway, I've got two and a half votes for the necromancer and none for the oracle. So imma go with that.

Chulanowa

Alright so that gives us a bloodrager, a bard, a rogue, a Ranger-y-thing-y, and an Arcanist.

neat! That actually helps me a little bit!

ChaoticSky

Additional

NSFW Sample

Name: Kell
Alignment: CN
Race: Gnome
Background: Born and raised in Kaer Maga in Varisia, Kell is a child of the infamous Ankar-Te District where men and monsters mingle freely and necromancy is both common and widely accepted. Early in her life Kell discovered a... connection within herself from which divine power flowed. The flush of excitement form this discovery quickly turned to confusion when she tried praying as a cleric might and received no response... not even to her entreaties for them to tell her who they were so she could have a name to put in her prayers. She tried all the gods she thought herself compatible with and then every other deity she could name, before moving on to trying every god, goddess, demon or otherwise she could find record of. Nothing. And yet the connection in her soul thrummed with power, she found that with some small time to meditate she could restore her capacity for magic after resting. Furthermore, she found a strange duality to her power; she was drawn to the necromantic arts and could even seize control over nearby undead the way some clerics could. Yet, she could also heal others in the manner of clerics of much more wholesome deities. This only confused her more, since as far as she understood it these two traits were incompatible.

In the end, there was nothing she could do but seek answers. Sadly, the clerics of Urgathoa and similar deities of undeath who called the Ankar-Te home had little inclination to help a girl who didn't share their faith. While on the other hand, wielders of arcane magics could offer little more than platitudes since her magic was clearly divine in origin. This forced her to experiment on her own and lead to her spending alot of time on the Street of Little Gods in the Tarheel Promenade. Seeking faith and advice from those who's religions were small enough that they would try to help her on the off chance of conversion, Kell steadfastly developed her talents and sough to uncover the nature of the deity that gifted her with magic.

Sadly, while neither necromancy nor being confused of faith are illegal in the City of Strangers (very few things are), necromancy is not widely accepted outside of Ankar-Te. While inside of it she found herself a outsider even among necromancers due to standing apart from both Arcane casters and the clerics of Urgathoa. As a result she cant remember having any friends, her talents as a healer might have alleviated this... but no one really trusted a 'necromancer' to tend to the wounds of the living. Kell chose to see this as a good thing, a lack of distraction on her quest of discovery.

But after a couple years things start to get... fuzzy.

Personality: She would call herself a practical gnome. Possessing a quick wit, razor tongue and a sardonic sense of humour, she is the sort of person who comes off as being quite serious (especially for a gnome!) while quietly snickering at the antics or misfortune of others. Like all her kind she has a powerful desire to explore and learn and experience new things, tempered only a focus that can easily stray into the obsessive.

For much of her life... as far as she can remember, her particular need to discover her patron has trumped her wanderlust, allowing her to attend her experiments and research without wandering off.... as far as she knows. Though she has always been very comfortable with the necromantic arts that come so naturally to her, few others were as open minded and as a result she had few friends and was often lonely despite her claims to the contrary. Far from the crazed necromancer of folklore, Kell's interest in undeath is almost innocent, akin to the desire to see what is behind the next door. It doesnt imply any sort of disregard for the living.

In contrast to her memories, Kell often finds herself reflexively interested in socializing, parties and sensual escapades. Sex also seems to occupy more of her thoughts. These habits disturb her more than a little since she cannot figure out how the studious girl of her memories could have ended up as she is now.

Appearance: Kell is a female Gnome with well proportioned facial features, standing about three feet tall with pale skin and hair split between vibrant pink and jet back. Her eyes are heterochromatic, with one pink and one brown, though they seem to flash white when the light catches them just right, like a beast's. Her body, while short, is clearly that of an adult and is quite well developed, with all the right curves leading up to a full bust. Her figure is largely soft, lacking the muscle of more physical individuals, but doesn't have a surplus of body fat.

Though she doesn't remember getting any of them, her body now possesses a variety of tattoos and piercings. For the former, they are a mix of arcane designs, spell circles and sprawling necromantic formulae writ in spidery script that follows the curves of her body. They are all writ in black ink and centred on a large spiralled design in the middle of her back between her shoulder blades. Meanwhile, slimmer designs and script run along her arms and legs, curl up around her neck and down around her ribs towards the front, as well as straight down her spine. At leased some of these seem intentionally lurid in shape and placement. For the latter, she has onyx studs in her ears, along with a round metal stud sitting near the tip of her tongue, a pair of slim nipple rings with little spheres on the end and a navel stud with a onxy gem filling in her bellybutton and a small metal stud sitting in the flesh above it.

Aspirations
-Long: Uncover her memories. Hey, I am as curious as she is! Did she have a sexual awakening? A wild night that never ended? Did she fall into a rape pit and emerge changed? Find a man who molded her into a kinky slut? Join the faith of Shub Niggurath? I have no idea! But I look forward to finding out!
-Short:
-Short: Start a relationship, either with a party member or a recurring NPC. Primarily as a way to explore how different she is now from how she was before. Ideally a open but dedicated one where they are free to see other people (so it doesnt crimp any other fun that might be had) but where they consistently reunite to mix lust and romance. A dick-possessing partner would be ideal, but not required.

Sexuality: Confused. Previously straight, but since awakening women have also drawn her eye... possibly other, less humanoid things as well.

Sheety

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Deity:
Level: 1HD8 Oracle

Abilities

AttriScoreModMath
Str8-110(0point)-2(Race)
Dex13113(3point)
Con14212(2point)+2(Race)
Int10010(0point)
Wis10010(0point)
Cha18416(10point)+2(Race)

Derived Stats
Bab: +0
Fort: 2 (+0Class+2Con)
Ref : 1 (+0Class+1DexB)
Will: 2 (+2Class+0WisB)
CMB: -1 (+0BAB-1StrB)
CMD: 10 (10+0BAB-1StrB+1DexB)
AC : 13 (10+1DexB+2Armour)

HP: 10/10

Skills (4+int+2bg/lvl)
Bluff (Cha)
Craft [Tattoo] (Int): 6  [1sp+3+2trait]
Diplomacy (Cha): 8  [1sp+3+4ChaB]
Disguise (Cha)
Heal (Wis)
Intimidate (Cha)
Knowledge[history] (Int)
Knowledge[planes] (Int)
Knowledge[religion] (Int): 4  [1sp+3]
Perception (Wis): 4 [1sp+3]
Perform [Dance] (Cha): 8  [1sp+3+4ChaB]
Profession (Wis)
Sense Motive (Wis)
Spellcraft (Int)
Stealth (Dex)

Languages: Common, Gnome, Sylvan.

Features, Feats & Traits
Features
Gnome
Ability Score: +2 Cha/Con, -2 Str.
Type: Humanoid (Gnome)
Size: Small (+1 AC/Attack, -1CMB/CMD. +4 Stealth)
Speed: 20 ft.
Languages: Common, Gnome, Sylvan.
Low-Light Vision: Gnomes can see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light
Keen Senses: Gnomes receive a +2 racial bonus on Perception checks.
Obsessive: Gnomes receive a +2 racial bonus on a Craft or Profession skill of their choice.
Fey Thoughts: Select two of: Acrobatics, Bluff, Climb, Diplomacy, Disguise, Escape Artist, Fly, Knowledge (nature), Perception, Perform, Sense Motive, Sleight of Hand, Stealth, Swim, or Use Magic Device. The selected skills are always class skills for the character. Replaces racial weapon familiarity
Illusion Resistance: Gain +2 racial saving throw bonus against illusion spells and effects.
Fell Magic: Gnomes add +1 to the DC of any saving throws against necromancy spells that they cast. Gnomes with Wis11+ gain the following SLA: 1/day—bleed, chill touch, detect poison, and touch of fatigue. DC:10+spell’s level+WisB. Replaces gnome magic.
Favoured Class: Oracle +1/2 lvl to Curse: +0lvl/+1SP/+0HP
Oracle
Proficiency: All simple weapons. Light & medium armour, shields (except tower).
Spells:Casts  divine spells from cleric spell list. Can cast any spell known without  preparing it. Must have Cha at least 10+spell level. DCs for a saves is 10+spell level+ChaB. Dont need a divine focus to cast spells with (DF) components.
Mystery: Bone
Class Skills: Bluff, Disguise, Intimidate, and Stealth
Spells: cause fear (2nd), false life (4th), animate dead (6th), fear (8th), slay living (10th), circle of death (12th), control undead (14th), horrid wilting (16th), wail of the banshee (18th).
Revelations (DC to save against revelations is 10+1/2 oracle lvl+ChaB)
-Undead Servitude (Su): Gain Command Undead as a bonus feat. You can channel negative energy a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Charisma modifier, but only to use Command Undead. You can take other feats to add to this ability, such as Improved Channeling, but not feats that alter this ability, such as Alignment Channel.
Oracle’s Curse (Ex): Lich
-Negative Energy Affinity: Heal from Negative and harmed by Positive.

Feats
-{Command Undead:
-Spell Focus[Necromancy]: +1 to DCs.

Traits
-Foe of the Strange: +1 on saves against Ex/SLA/SU abilities of Aberrations.
-Tattooed Focus: +2 Craft[Tattoo], is classskill.

Magic

Type: Divine
0 ∞
-Detect Magic
-Light
-Mending
-Vigor

1 [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
-{Cure Light Wounds
-Inflict Light Wounds
-Doom

Equipment
Equipment [16.5/-19.5, 19.75-39.75, 40-60 lbs]
Weapons
Punch Dagger (1d3 P. 3x20 crit. )

Armour
Leather (+2 AC. 7.5lbs)

Items

Misc [8.5 lbs]
Kit, Oracle's [4.75 lbs]
-Backpack
-Bedroll
-Belt Pouch
-a flint and steel
-Mess Kit
-Rope
-soap
-trail rations (5 days)
-Waterskin.
Kit, Courtesan's [3.75 lbs]
-a razor
-scented oils and salves
-fragrances
-a warming pot
-a variety of appealing outfits.
-Books of poetry, literature, and plays -often focusing on salacious topics and full of double entendres.

GM/Misc Stuff

Gold
+105
-Kit, Oracle's [9]
-Kit, Courtesan's [10]
-40 Salt [20]
-Punching dagger [2]
-leather armour [10]
>56

GM Notes
-i tossed the gear i didnt want out of my Kit, paid full, but want to save weight for huffing all the loot around :P
-While it probably wont come up in play, i am picturing her 'patron'...the mysterious thing on the other end of her connection that is giving her magic and mysteries, as something akin to the Brethern Moons from Dead Space, a hungry but distant entity that exists in a bizarre fusion of living and dead but beyond the accepted notions of undeath.

=shit for later
Bag Of Holding I
Bone Beads
Prayer Beads
Bone Razor
Caster's Tattoo
Collar of Unliving Servitude
Corpse Ferrying Bag
Headband of Alluring Charisma
Hypnotic Tattoo
Litheria Blossom
Mesmerizing Tattoo
Nail of blood
Needles of Fleshgraving
Spell Lattice
Ring of Protection
Portable Hole
Runeward Tattoo
Tattoo Guardian
Orange Prism Ioun Stone
Wayfinder, Smugglers or Ebon.
Magic Bedroll (Endure Elements. Heal classlvl HP in addition to normal for 8h sleep)

Mage's Tattoo
Inscribe Magical Tattoo
Craft Shadow Piercing
experimental spellcaster
Divine Protection
Glimpse Beyond
Death Field

Heighten
Intensify
Quicken
Bouncing

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: ChaoticSky on October 28, 2018, 08:48:53 PM
Please ignore the sheet for now. I am editing a existing sheet so i dont have to redo all the formatting. Ill remove this when its done. :3

Additional

NSFW Sample

Alignment: CN

No. I wanna know more about this hot gnoll..

Also.. I guess you could call my pirate 'Rangery' *sulks in corner*

ChaoticSky

Quote from: Roleplay Frog on October 29, 2018, 07:54:49 AM
No. I wanna know more about this hot gnoll..

Also.. I guess you could call my pirate 'Rangery' *sulks in corner*
Shes not a gnoll D:

Roleplay Frog

Fascinating. I misread gnome as gnoll. I wonder if I got some subconscious issues there...

ChaoticSky

Quote from: Roleplay Frog on October 29, 2018, 03:59:41 PM
Fascinating. I misread gnome as gnoll. I wonder if I got some subconscious issues there...
A gnoll is a hyena person thing.

Roleplay Frog

ChaoticSky

Mhmm, in other news i discovered a huge hole in my build (You need Channel to use Command Undead, but the sorc undead bloodline doesnt actually give you a channel exception the way wizard necroschool or oracle of bones do), so i have to swap Kell over to a different class. So i can make her a straight wizard or go back to Oracle, minor backstory changes will happen to suit.

Which imma think about tomorrow.

Incidentally TheKhan; Are we getting background skills? And do you think Kell will be interesting? Or should i try to make her more pizzazy when i reclass her? :-)

(also, it occured to me that if you want to try and drum up last minute interest, you might add something like 'still recruiting' to the title or the like.)

TheKhan

Quote from: ChaoticSky on October 29, 2018, 10:38:24 PM
Mhmm, in other news i discovered a huge hole in my build (You need Channel to use Command Undead, but the sorc undead bloodline doesnt actually give you a channel exception the way wizard necroschool or oracle of bones do), so i have to swap Kell over to a different class. So i can make her a straight wizard or go back to Oracle, minor backstory changes will happen to suit.

Which imma think about tomorrow.

Incidentally TheKhan; Are we getting background skills? And do you think Kell will be interesting? Or should i try to make her more pizzazy when i reclass her? :-)

(also, it occured to me that if you want to try and drum up last minute interest, you might add something like 'still recruiting' to the title or the like.)

Well, I clearly got distracted by life and failed to drum up more interest. Hopefully the fact there were a number of you who posted sheets means we can get a stable game going. I'll get the OCC thread up tonight and hopefully we can get the IC going tomorrow.

As for Kell, I like her! She seems like an interesting character to toss into this particular story.

TheKhan

Unfortunately, one of our players has decided to drop out. Is there anyone who would be interested in joining this campaign?

PlushLifeNow

I'm definitely a fan of Eldritch Horror, so I would be down to join. Is there anything you want me to to propose for my character before you consider my joining?

TheKhan

Quote from: PlushLifeNow on December 07, 2018, 05:06:21 PM
I'm definitely a fan of Eldritch Horror, so I would be down to join. Is there anything you want me to to propose for my character before you consider my joining?

So of the challenge here is that continuity is important to Strange Aeons. Ideally, I'd like to find a way for someone to take over Joane rather than introduce a new PC, although I'm totally okay with  rebuilding the character stats and personality to make the character your own. So really it boils down to two key things:

• Appears female
  • Vaguely pirate-like

Please let me know if you think that may be workable. Game thread is here if you'd like to take a peak: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=295949.0

Rhynarion

I would still be interested in setting up a sheet, but not if I have  to play female/femboy.

TheKhan

Quote from: Rhynarion on December 08, 2018, 12:38:49 AM
I would still be interested in setting up a sheet, but not if I have  to play female/femboy.

That's totally understandable, and you know what? I have another way to make everything work out. Ignore my previous post. If you're interested, create the character you want from scratch.

Rhynarion

With no further interruptions, I present Taugh Sternfang, a Half-Orc so belligerent and frightening even the full-blooded Orcs of his tribe respected him.

Backstory
Taugh came into this world so silent that his Orcish father thought the human bore him a stillborn son. His genetics heavily favor his orcish heritage over the weak, human blood of his mother and never once has Taugh missed a chance to remind his fellow Orcs of that fact.

It is said that Taugh’s first words were a curse, delivered as his older brother attempted to drown him. His sibling feared his power then, the faerie-light in his eyes. Birds have hated Taugh from the first, and his answer to their scorn was to pluck, spit, and roast his father's prized hawk in retribution for some now-forgotten sleight.

His father adored him for his belligerence and turned a blind eye to his transgressions.

Meanwhile Taugh saw in his clan only things worthy of scorn. Everything they toiled for was a mere shadow of what lay beyond their reach in the free cities of man. Above all he hated winter, when the depravity and excess of his clan mates saw more and more of their number succumb to disease and starvation each year.

Taugh does not remember why he left, nor the past several years beside; the worrying ache in the pit of him concerns him. It is an alien thing, with his memories stripped as they are. Of it he can only tell that he is somehow less while it is unfulfilled.

There are more pressing matters to attend to now.

He can taste the violence in the air.

Chanticleer

Hello! I should have something finished by this evening.
My current O/os (need work)

Chulanowa

Well, shoot. What i was working on just wasn't turning out in a way that I was liking  :-\  That sort of "mechanics not meeting the concept" issue.

Ah well.

Chanticleer

Alright, here's "Joane."

She's a little shorter, a little more bloodthirsty, a little less Captain Jack Sparrow, and a little more intense.

"Fragments of the Sea" <-- I love this phrase. It just tripped off of my keyboard during writing.

Need to do something about that picture, though. It's hard to find piratey gnomes!

Memories: Joane remembers little of her childhood, save a fishing boat, long hours repairing nets and hauling them…And her father’s festering hatred of his bastard daughter. She looked nothing like her parents’ other children, and her mother’s protests at his accusations did nothing more than make her father’s behavior more cruel.

She remembers running away. She remembers fragments of the sea, and larger ships…Fighting across their rails and decks and watching them sink.

She knows she can climb rigging like a frenzied monkey and balance along a line above a swaying ship at sea. She can tie knots that she can’t name, and knows all their uses, but she can’t remember what ship she served aboard, nor who taught her.

Someone’s missing. Someone she cares about so much that it hurts. Can’t be her family; she hates them…

She remembers the taste of blood in her mouth, and her own fear and horror at realizing how delicious it was.

And…This is no memory, but the now…The knowledge that she wants more of the luxuriously rich, warm fluid. Its lack makes her feel sick inside, hungry and thirsty in a way that no food or drink can sate.

And, somehow, she knows exactly how to change her body to get it.

Personality: Joane is a bit boisterous in a somewhat blowhard-ish fashion, but she can deliver on just enough of her claims to make doubters cautious. Some things she’s sure about to the point of cockiness…Others, she just doesn’t know what she knew or could do. She’s not gregarious, and is slow to trust, yet seems more comfortable in a group. She seems drawn to violence with an eagerness and relish for combat that secretly bothers her.

Appearance: Joane is shorter! She’s a gnome, with skin so fair as to be almost translucent. About as tall and as slender as a female gnome gets, but a gnome nonetheless. Black haired, black eyed, boyishly dressed in disheveled sailor’s clothing, but with piecemeal leather armor which seems more appropriate to marine infantry. Her ears are long even for a gnome, and her canines are just enough longer than normal to catch the eye.

In her skin, she’s small-breasted, slim-hipped, and there’s a rather splendid tattoo on her upper left arm of a kraken pulling a ship below the waves.

Occasionally she gets fuzzier and pointier, particularly in the dental sense. She doesn’t like this anymore than you do, probably.

Aspirations:
Blood. Why does she need it? Why does she need so much of it?! This can’t be healthy.
Who did she love? What happened to them?
Less important, what’s happened to her?! Why is she here? Why can she turn into…What she turns into?

Sexuality: She doesn’t feel particularly more drawn towards males or females, but there’s definitely a needy, aggressive hunger in her. Not like what she feels for blood, of course…Nothing else comes close to that.

Sheet and OOC things

Mythweaver's Sheet

Race: While she has gnome ancestry (and appearance). Joane is a bloodmarked skinwalker. Somewhere in her ancestry is an unknown werebat, and she’s paying the genetic price in being blood-thirsty (literally!) and drawn to violence and cruelty. The rules for werebat-kin Skinwalkers don’t give any mechanics for this, but the fluff makes it sound like an addiction, so that’s how I intend to play it. She has her own personal journey of horrific discovery to grapple with in addition to whatever the AP may add to it.

Bloodlust: As a bloodmarked, Joane finds blood delicious. REALLY delicious. She treats it as a mild addiction.

Young Love: Once upon a time, Joane was in love with...Someone. Guess how she got her first real taste as one of the bloodmarked? Oops.
My current O/os (need work)

TheKhan

Thank you both!

After consultation get with the players, I am going to bring Chanticleer's take on Joane into the game. Please post your character sheet in the OCC Thread then feel free to post in-character as well.