A Fairy Tail based story

Started by Levi, August 26, 2018, 11:41:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Levi

"The kingdom of Fiore. A neutral country with 17 million people.
It's a world of magic. Magic is bought and sold there everyday.
It is an integral part of people's lives, and there are those who use magic as their occupation.
Those people are referred to as wizards."

It's been two years since Fairy Tail has disbanded and since then many guilds have risen in Fiore. The time had come once more for the grandmagic games and guilds have tried to take the place of Fairy Tail. None have succeeded until now.. an unknown guild enter the tournament for the first time this is their story!

So after some discussion with azzmeister89 we have decided that it would properly draw more interest if we used the Fairy Tail setting but created a new guild!

The guilds name is Peryton. Their emblem is

They are an unknown guild who will take the grandmagic games by storm.

Rules at the moment: No Dragonslayer magic characters
When looking for images please abide by the rules of E
Images that are anime based can be difficult please make sure they look 18+
A Working Progress.             Posting responses are: Slow.    Updated

Norsegod1839

Levi

Crensler

Levi

[float=left][img height=250 padding=10][/img][/float]
[center][b]Name[/b][/center]
[center][i]Nickname[/i][/center]
[b]Age[/b]
[b]Gender[/b]
[b]Sexual Orientation[/b]
[b]Wizard Class[/b]
[b]Height[/b].                              [b]Weight[/b]
[b]Eye colour[/b].                       [b]Hair colour[/b]
[b]Where is their guildmark?[/b]
[b]Name of Magic[/b]
[b]Details of magic[/b]
[b]Team[/b] only if your in one.
[b]Personality[/b]
[b]History[/b]
[b]One/Off's[/b]

azzmeister89

I'll have a character sheet up soon, hopefully tomorrow evening at the latest.

Levi

Quote from: azzmeister89 on August 26, 2018, 01:02:13 PM
I'll have a character sheet up soon, hopefully tomorrow evening at the latest.

No rush and again thanks for the help ^ ^

azzmeister89

No worries. I'm glad I could help

Crensler

What's the wizard class thing?  Is that, like, the rank in the guild or the type of wizard or something?

azzmeister89

That would be rank so B class, A class or S class

Deepsilver

May the character have a crush on a Canon?

Levi

Quote from: Crensler on August 26, 2018, 04:59:48 PM
What's the wizard class thing?  Is that, like, the rank in the guild or the type of wizard or something?

Yea what azzmeister said :)

Quote from: Deepsilver on August 27, 2018, 09:50:10 AM
May the character have a crush on a Canon?

I don't see why not

Deepsilver

Thanks. I hope that someone might rp Erza :)

Name:  Jenares Amaryllis
Sexuality:  Straight
Crush:  Erza Scarlet
Relationsship: None
Magic Type:  Air Pressure Arts:  Creating air pressure attacks with swords
Guild:  Peryton
Guild Mark Location:  Left Shoulder, Red
Exceed/Pet:  None
Height:  1.84 cm
Appearance: 

https://i.gr-assets.com/images/S/compressed.photo.goodreads.com/hostedimages/1425292615i/13872689.jpg

Personality:  Serious, Shy, Silent, Civil, Polite

Likes:  Training,  jobs, drawing pictures of landscapes and people

Back story:

Jenares lived with his parents in village somwehere in the north of Fiore. At the age of 5, his parents were killed by slave traders and they took him and his brother to a slave camp in Bosco. Not just for work, but also for sport. When he was 11 years old, he got trained by a dark guild to fight as an attempt to make him a member of the dark guild, One day though, a group of wizards attacked the camp and Jenares then escaped along with his brother, but just when they were out of the camp, a dark powerful monster, killed his brother. Travelling around Fiore while being in deep grief he wished that he could be a wizard himself and once he arrived at Fairy Tail, he decided to join, not only because he wants to be the same what rescued him, but also to avange his brother and all those who died or are enslaved by the dark cults.

Norsegod1839

Are we allowed to do canons then? I thought this was original characters?

Levi

Quote from: Norsegod1839 on August 27, 2018, 01:38:06 PM
Are we allowed to do canons then? I thought this was original characters?

Cannons are acceptable, you just have to know why that charcter has change guild and if there faiirty tail where they have been for two years

Levi

Quote from: Deepsilver on August 27, 2018, 01:37:02 PM
Thanks. I hope that someone might rp Erza :)

Name:  Jenares Amaryllis
Sexuality:  Straight
Crush:  Erza Scarlet
Relationsship: None
Magic Type:  Air Pressure Arts:  Creating air pressure attacks with swords
Guild:  Fairy Tail
Guild Mark Location:  Left Shoulder, Red
Exceed/Pet:  None
Height:  1.84 cm
Appearance: 

https://i.gr-assets.com/images/S/compressed.photo.goodreads.com/hostedimages/1425292615i/13872689.jpg

Personality:  Serious, Shy, Silent, Civil, Polite

Likes:  Training,  jobs, drawing pictures of landscapes and people

Back story:

Jenares lived with his parents in village somwehere in the north of Fiore. At the age of 5, his parents were killed by slave traders and they took him and his brother to a slave camp in Bosco. Not just for work, but also for sport. When he was 11 years old, he got trained by a dark guild to fight as an attempt to make him a member of the dark guild, One day though, a group of wizards attacked the camp and Jenares then escaped along with his brother, but just when they were out of the camp, a dark powerful monster, killed his brother. Travelling around Fiore while being in deep grief he wished that he could be a wizard himself and once he arrived at Fairy Tail, he decided to join, not only because he wants to be the same what rescued him, but also to avange his brother and all those who died or are enslaved by the dark cults.

You need to re read the basis of the story, this is not the fairy tail guild

Norsegod1839

Kind of eh about the idea of using canons to be honest.

A lot of them fall into the Anime trap of being super OP. I mean some of them get to some pretty insane levels. It makes it hard to power balance especially if you were going to do like I was and make your character not as powerful. I'd vote against canons.

Deepsilver

Quote from: Levi on August 27, 2018, 01:51:01 PM
You need to re read the basis of the story, this is not the fairy tail guild

Sorry, forget to change that part. I changed it though.

Deepsilver

Quote from: Norsegod1839 on August 27, 2018, 01:56:32 PM
Kind of eh about the idea of using canons to be honest.

A lot of them fall into the Anime trap of being super OP. I mean some of them get to some pretty insane levels. It makes it hard to power balance especially if you were going to do like I was and make your character not as powerful. I'd vote against canons.

I get your point, but I dont actually mind if Canons are allowed.

Levi

Deepsilver sorry to keep on but can you use the C's code I've posted please, if you need help pm me

Crensler

Name: Saricia
Nickname: Mab
Sexual Orientation: Lesbian
Wizard Class: A
Height: 5'8                             Weight: 138lb
Eye color: Amber                    Hair color: Blue
Location of guildmark: Right thigh
Name of Magic: Wind Magic
Details of magic: A type of Caster and Holder magic that is a variation of Air magic, granting the wielder the ability to both generate and manipulate wind.  Users of wind magic are often very versatile mages, able to employ their magic to fly, create defensive barriers, and empower both ranged and melee attacks on top of the already formidable offense this branch of magic allows.
Personality: A perfectionist by nurture, Saricia holds herself to standards one might consider impossible, even for a wizard of her class.  No effort is ever good enough, and the young woman is prone to bouts of depression fueled by her own insecurities and self-doubt.  She is even infamous for the three times she has outright failed a job, the normally rather sober mage having turned to the consumption of ludicrous amounts of alcohol to drown her sorrows and blunt the pain of being "so disgustingly inept".  This, combined with her magic, led to horrendous amounts of property damage, though strangely no one was injured as a result.  This has, understandably, gotten her a permanent ban from every bar in the local area of the guild, however, not that she ever really visits them under normal circumstances in the first place.  Otherwise a rather pleasant individual to be around, Saricia never holds others to her own standards, having stated that she doesn't feel it fair to.  Other people aren't her, after all.
History: Raised by a rather... strict father, Saricia was trained to be a mage from a young age, her family's history filled with highly skilled wind mages, and she was the sole heir, so therefor she had a lot to prove, at least in the eyes of the previously mentioned paternal figure.  The training was harsh, demanding, and often left her an exhausted, battered wreck at the end of the day, only for the next to come and the training to begin all over again.  Needless to say, her childhood wasn't exactly very conducive to being, well, a child.  She did her best despite the challenges her father placed before her, but no matter what she did, no matter how hard she tried, no matter what she achieved, it never seemed to be enough.  She persisted for fifteen years, fifteen years of working herself to the bone trying to please a man who just refused to be satisfied with her efforts.  So, having finally had enough of bashing her head against a brick wall, Saricia decided to make her own way in the world, cut her ties with daddy dearest, and join a guild.  If she gained nothing else from her life up until that point, it was a mastery of magecraft, her skills allowing her to climb through the guild's ranks at an astounding rate.  The only reason she has yet to achieve S ranking, however, isn't a lack of ability, but drive.  She doesn't feel like she is S rank material, despite others' protests to the contrary, and has yet to accept even after being selected for the trial five times already.  Inadequacy and daddy issues aside, she has proven to be a valuable asset to the guild, despite her insecurities, and is participating in the Grand Magic Games at the Guild Master's insistence.
Ons: Rough sex, being tied up/down, whips, chains, biting without breaking the skin, tentacles that aren't attached to ugly monsters, dominating traps, and only traps, and dirty talk.
Offs: Watersports, scat, bloodplay, necrophilia, vore (all kinds), ageplay/regression, straight up abuse, dirty old guys, ugly, nasty monsters, men (sexually speaking), failure, and her father.

Levi

Quote from: Crensler on August 27, 2018, 11:14:39 PM
Name: Saricia
Nickname: Mab
Sexual Orientation: Lesbian
Wizard Class: A
Height: 5'8                             Weight: 138lb
Eye color: Amber                    Hair color: Blue
Location of guildmark: Right thigh
Name of Magic: Wind Magic
Details of magic: A type of Caster and Holder magic that is a variation of Air magic, granting the wielder the ability to both generate and manipulate wind.  Users of wind magic are often very versatile mages, able to employ their magic to fly, create defensive barriers, and empower both ranged and melee attacks on top of the already formidable offense this branch of magic allows.
Personality: A perfectionist by nurture, Saricia holds herself to standards one might consider impossible, even for a wizard of her class.  No effort is ever good enough, and the young woman is prone to bouts of depression fueled by her own insecurities and self-doubt.  She is even infamous for the three times she has outright failed a job, the normally rather sober mage having turned to the consumption of ludicrous amounts of alcohol to drown her sorrows and blunt the pain of being "so disgustingly inept".  This, combined with her magic, led to horrendous amounts of property damage, though strangely no one was injured as a result.  This has, understandably, gotten her a permanent ban from every bar in the local area of the guild, however, not that she ever really visits them under normal circumstances in the first place.  Otherwise a rather pleasant individual to be around, Saricia never holds others to her own standards, having stated that she doesn't feel it fair to.  Other people aren't her, after all.
History: Raised by a rather... strict father, Saricia was trained to be a mage from a young age, her family's history filled with highly skilled wind mages, and she was the sole heir, so therefor she had a lot to prove, at least in the eyes of the previously mentioned paternal figure.  The training was harsh, demanding, and often left her an exhausted, battered wreck at the end of the day, only for the next to come and the training to begin all over again.  Needless to say, her childhood wasn't exactly very conducive to being, well, a child.  She did her best despite the challenges her father placed before her, but no matter what she did, no matter how hard she tried, no matter what she achieved, it never seemed to be enough.  She persisted for fifteen years, fifteen years of working herself to the bone trying to please a man who just refused to be satisfied with her efforts.  So, having finally had enough of bashing her head against a brick wall, Saricia decided to make her own way in the world, cut her ties with daddy dearest, and join a guild.  If she gained nothing else from her life up until that point, it was a mastery of magecraft, her skills allowing her to climb through the guild's ranks at an astounding rate.  The only reason she has yet to achieve S ranking, however, isn't a lack of ability, but drive.  She doesn't feel like she is S rank material, despite others' protests to the contrary, and has yet to accept even after being selected for the trial five times already.  Inadequacy and daddy issues aside, she has proven to be a valuable asset to the guild, despite her insecurities, and is participating in the Grand Magic Games at the Guild Master's insistence.
Ons: Rough sex, being tied up/down, whips, chains, biting without breaking the skin, tentacles that aren't attached to ugly monsters, dominating traps, and only traps, and dirty talk.
Offs: Watersports, scat, bloodplay, necrophilia, vore (all kinds), ageplay/regression, straight up abuse, dirty old guys, ugly, nasty monsters, men (sexually speaking), failure, and her father.

Very nice! Picture looks ok. Accepted.

Deepsilver

Quote from: Levi on August 27, 2018, 02:08:38 PM
Deepsilver sorry to keep on but can you use the C's code I've posted please, if you need help pm me

Sure! Give a moment to update it!

Levi

NPC
Name Jessica Fairchild
NicknameBig Moma
Age 21 ( actually 40, but she will never admit this)
Gender Female
Sexual Orientation bit of everything
Wizard Class Guild Master
Height. 5'6                             Weight 14 stone
Eye colour Green                  Hair colour Red
Where is their guildmark? Right breast
Name of Magic Terrain Magic
Details of magic Caster magic where the caster has the ability to change the terrain around them to any other type. For example turning a mountain into sea.
Team only if your in one.
Personality Loud and overly sexual, she fawns on her guild. Whenever Jessica asks them to do a job it tends to come hand in hand with her cuddling the person's head in her ample chest. Jessica is also a hell cat, cause trouble for her or get on her bad side and she will come down on that person like a ton of bricks. Has a lot of drive and pushes her wizards to do their very best.
History No one really knows where Jessica came from or what she was doing before she moved to Fiore two years ago. What they do know is that she bought a rather old, rather run down building and started recruiting wizards. The guild didn't look like much for that first year and they didn't take any jobs or even announce who they were but once they were big enough Jessica announced that they were entering the Grand Magic Games and that Peryton were the guild to take over from Fairy Tail. She kept their registration details a secret even from the judges and put down a miscellaneous name for the guild. She also insisted that the team where red cloaks for the preliminary rounds to ripen the mystery of who they where.
One/Off's N/A This character will not be involved in sexual situations. Flirting only!

Norsegod1839

Quote from: Levi on August 28, 2018, 03:40:34 PM
NPC
Name Jessica Fairchild
NicknameBig Moma
Age 21 ( actually 40, but she will never admit this)
Gender Female
Sexual Orientation bit of everything
Wizard Class Guild Master
Height. 5'6                             Weight 14 stone
Eye colour Green                  Hair colour Red
Where is their guildmark? Right breast
Name of Magic Terrain Magic
Details of magic Caster magic where the caster has the ability to change the terrain around them to any other type. For example turning a mountain into sea.
Personality Loud and overly sexual, she fawns on her guild. Whenever Jessica asks them to do a job it tends to come hand in hand with her cuddling the person's head in her ample chest. Jessica is also a hell cat, cause trouble for her or get on her bad side and she will come down on that person like a ton of bricks. Has a lot of drive and pushes her wizards to do their very best.
History No one really knows where Jessica came from or what she was doing before she moved to Fiore two years ago. What they do know is that she bought a rather old, rather run down building and started recruiting wizards. The guild didn't look like much for that first year and they didn't take any jobs or even announce who they were but once they were big enough Jessica announced that they were entering the Grand Magic Games and that Peryton were the guild to take over from Fairy Tail. She kept their registration details a secret even from the judges and put down a miscellaneous name for the guild. She also insisted that the team where red cloaks for the preliminary rounds to ripen the mystery of who they where.
One/Off's N/A This character will not be involved in sexual situations. Flirting only!

When I first saw her I was like I must devote my guild member to wanting to be with her

Then I saw the flirting only and deflated!

Crensler

Quote from: Norsegod1839 on August 28, 2018, 03:44:39 PM
When I first saw her I was like I must devote my guild member to wanting to be with her

Ha, nice phrasing there XD

Levi

Quote from: Norsegod1839 on August 28, 2018, 03:44:39 PM

Ha ha, yes devote yourself.....you know you want to!

Norsegod1839

lol but you said she won't be actually having the sexy times! Or else I would hardcore!

Sessha

So might have an interest here, but not sure how magic works in this universe or what kinds of magic there are other than Fire magic.
Locked, cocked and ready to rock!

Levi

Quote from: Sessha on August 29, 2018, 02:58:57 PM
So might have an interest here, but not sure how magic works in this universe or what kinds of magic there are other than Fire magic.

Hello there.

Ok now someone with a bit more knowledge may correct me but I believe there are two different types of mage -Holder type are those who use an object to channel their magic i.e cards, keys, sword,

And secondly caster type- those who can weild magic without an object

As to what types the options are endless, you've got your basics Fire,Water,Wind,Earth then you could go into each section so for example under water is ice, snow and so on..

azzmeister89

I would advise watching a few episodes then, especially in the first ten or so episodes you get to see a lot of different variations of magic, you could also look on the fairy Tail wikia website and it will give you plenty of options

Sessha

After doing some talking with Cren and some thinking I've settled on one of two types of magic. Either using Lightning or if it's available Light Magic. As for castor type I was thinking of her being a natural channeler or whatever you call it.

Mathim

Would a magic user whose abilities are similar to the Spot from Marvel Comics, or someone using Sling Rings from the Doctor Strange movie, be acceptable?
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Levi

Quote from: Sessha on August 29, 2018, 03:52:43 PM
After doing some talking with Cren and some thinking I've settled on one of two types of magic. Either using Lightning or if it's available Light Magic. As for castor type I was thinking of her being a natural channeler or whatever you call it.

Fab, if you have any issues filling in the cs code, feel free to PM me!

Levi

Quote from: Mathim on August 29, 2018, 05:50:45 PM
Would a magic user whose abilities are similar to the Spot from Marvel Comics, or someone using Sling Rings from the Doctor Strange movie, be acceptable?

Hey Mathim. Ok I had to Google these to find out who they were but you can use Spot but the powers would need to be reduced some. You could have a charcter that uses portal magic but perhaps the portal only helps them travel certain distances for example. Sling rings look fairly similar so again those would be fine but the power would need toning down, we don't want any over powered wizards:)

Sessha

Quote from: Levi on August 29, 2018, 09:39:42 PM
Fab, if you have any issues filling in the cs code, feel free to PM me!

Nah the hardest part is going to be picking a picture to go with the character. I'm picturing her as a spell blade so to speak.

MelisaArtemis

Somewhat interested for now... :)

Melisa Vi Lumieria
Archangel
Age18
GenderFemale
Sexual OrientationBi, leaning toward lesbian
Wizard ClassB. Bordering A
Height 147 cm (4’98)              Weight50 Kg (110.23 lb)
Eye colourGold                    Hair colour Silver
Where is their guildmark? Right Shoulder
Name of Magic Celestial
Details of magic
Despite the… “grandiose” name of the magic, it actually possess little to no offensive ability. It does allows her to cast various supportive abilities:
Angel wings: Create a pair of wings of light on her back to fly
Crystal barrier: Create a spherical invisible barrier up to 3 meters diameter around her and her allies. It can also be concentrated in front of her into a disk-shaped barrier which is several times stronger than the spherical barrier at the cost of range of coverage.
Enhance: Enhance her allies’ strength temporarily
Healing light: Heals allies’ injuries. The more severe the injury, the longer it takes to heal and the more magic power poured into the spell, the faster the healing.
Holy arrow: Her one and ONLY offensive magic, allows her to fire arrows of light toward her opponent. While each arrow has deals low damage, it can be fired repeatedly in succession.

Magic Items in possession:
Magic dress crystal: One of the items already belonging to her since her founding on the guild door step. It reacted ONLY with her magic and when activated, it created a magic dress on her body. The dress itself was tough enough to protect her from average low class magic and can be altered according to her preset choice. However, since the crystal is powered by her magic, it would be deactivated if she was unconscious or out of magic power.

Team None but she is often dispatched with existing teams as support

Personality
Putting it in nicely, Melisa is generally kind, polite, and innocent… almost too innocent for her own good in fact. She is also incredibly clumsy at times; tripping over passing breeze is practically an everyday occurrence for her. She is also among the most soft-hearted among the members of the guild if not THE most soft-hearted; she can’t bear to leave those in need, human or otherwise. Cats are her favorite animal and incredibly, they appear to love her just as much. In fact, she is largely responsible for the numerous amounts of stray cats that “patrols” around the guild vicinity.

History
Noone ever figured out where and who Melisa was. The girl was quite literally picked up by Jessica right off the street when she was around 6 years old, hence why she was especially attached to the guild mistress as her mother, even calling her one. Since then, she had lived with her even after she established a guild and as far as she was concerned, the guild was the only family and home that she knows of.

On/Off's
ONs: Exhibitionism, Bestiality, light bondage. Anything else in my On/Off chart
OFFs: Pain, Gore, Vore, Scat. Anything else in my On/Off chart

Additional Pictures:
relaxing
Helping Jessica in the guild bar
Birthday

Levi

Quote from: MelisaArtemis on August 29, 2018, 10:54:56 PM
Somewhat interested for now... :)

Melisa Vi Lumieria
Archangel
Age18
GenderFemale
Sexual OrientationBi, leaning toward lesbian
Wizard ClassB. Bordering A
Height 147 cm (4’98)              Weight50 Kg (110.23 lb)
Eye colourGold                    Hair colour Silver
Name of Magic Celestial
Details of magic
Despite the… “grandiose” name of the magic, it actually possess little to no offensive ability. It does allows her to cast various supportive abilities:
Crystal barrier: Create a spherical invisible barrier up to 3 meters diameter around her and her allies. It can also be concentrated in front of her into a disk-shaped barrier which is several times stronger than the spherical barrier at the cost of range of coverage.
Healing light: Heals allies’ injuries. The more severe the injury, the longer it takes to heal and the more magic power poured into the spell, the faster the healing.
Holy arrow: Her one and ONLY offensive magic, allows her to fire arrows of light toward her opponent. While each arrow has deals low damage, it can be fired repeatedly in succession.

Magic Items in possession:
Magic dress crystal: One of the items already belonging to her since her founding on the guild door step. It reacted ONLY with her magic and when activated, it created a magic dress on her body. The dress itself was tough enough to protect her from average low class magic and can be altered according to her preset choice. However, since the crystal is powered by her magic, it would be deactivated if she was unconscious or out of magic power.

Team None but she is often dispatched with existing teams as support

Personality
Putting it in nicely, Melisa is generally kind, polite, and innocent… almost too innocent for her own good in fact. She is also incredibly clumsy at times; tripping over passing breeze is practically an everyday occurrence for her. She is also among the most soft-hearted among the members of the guild if not THE most soft-hearted; she can’t bear to leave those in need, human or otherwise. Cats are her favorite animal and incredibly, they appear to love her just as much. In fact, she is largely responsible for the numerous amounts of stray cats that “patrols” around the guild vicinity.

History
Noone ever figured out where and who Melisa was. The girl was quite literally found in front of the doorstep of the guild with no memory of herself except for her own name when she was around 6 years old (estimated). Since then, she had lived in the guild and as far as she was concerned, the guild was the only family and home that she knows of which was probably why she was so attached to the members.

On/Off's
ONs: Exhibitionism, Bestiality, light bondage. Anything else in my On/Off chart
OFFs: Pain, Gore, Vore, Scat. Anything else in my On/Off chart

Looks good overall, I think the image looks ok, the face doesn't look to young and you can't see a lot of the body frount. The only thing I would ask you change is the history. The guild has only been active officially for two years. I've no problem if you want Jessica to have found Melisa when she was younger and to bring her with when she moves to Fiore.

MelisaArtemis

Quote from: Levi on August 30, 2018, 06:35:32 AM
Looks good overall, I think the image looks ok, the face doesn't look to young and you can't see a lot of the body frount. The only thing I would ask you change is the history. The guild has only been active officially for two years. I've no problem if you want Jessica to have found Melisa when she was younger and to bring her with when she moves to Fiore.

Fixed ;)

As for... Magic classification in Fairy Tail is pretty loose but it largely differentiated by what it does.

Basic classification are basically:

Inherent magic: Magic that one possess since birth, usually inherited by bloodline though some comes with variants. Canon example: The Strauss siblings  (Mirajane, Elfman, Lisanna) magic.

Ex-quip magic: short for exhange-equip. This magic allows the user to exchange their equipment from weapons to armor. This magic however would require the user to know how to use the equipment they are using. Most well known user is of course, Erza Scarlet

Stellar spirit magic: The type of magic that allows the user to summon familiars from the spirit world, strongest category of which are the Zodiacs. There are however various other spirits to summon as much as known constellations. Most popular method of summon is by special key called "Spirit keys" with which they can open the gate to the spirit realm. Lucy Heartphilia is the most known mage of this type.

Learned magic: Magic that the user has to learn in order to use. Usually inherited from teacher to student and even then, there may be variations depending on the user's suitability. One known example is the ice magic which Gray and Leon learned from Ur.

Forbidden Magic: Magic that is either too dangerous to use, requires sacrifices or simply breaking the law of the world (Urtear's time manipulation magic is this type of forbidden)

I don't list dragon / god slayer magic because it's a unique category and aren't allowed in this game anyway :)

As for the magic catalyst, it is practically free for all.

Levi

Norsegod1839

I should be getting my guy up today if the work gods are kind.

Levi

Quote from: Norsegod1839 on August 30, 2018, 10:58:02 AM
I should be getting my guy up today if the work gods are kind.

Excellent!

azzmeister89

Work has been pretty hectic here too but I have a character idea in mind and I'll be posting him over the weekend if not tomorrow

Sessha

So I noticed that there  Mage Rankings. What exactly do those mean?

MelisaArtemis

Quote from: Sessha on August 30, 2018, 06:10:15 PM
So I noticed that there  Mage Rankings. What exactly do those mean?

Mage Ranking goes basically from C to S rank. Basic classification of rank:
C rank: capable of using basic general magic but not usable or just too troublesome to use for battle. Most mage of these rank usually stuck in deskwork or support role and not much else.

B rank: Capable of using magic capable for battle. The lowest rank for magicians suitable to be put into battle whether it's support or active fighter. Most battle support mage are usually in this category.

A Rank: Has strong battle suitable magic. Depending on the magic type and strength, there are various variation and capability. Some of the battle mage of this rank are so strong that they can take on a platoon alone... but they are special exceptions.

S Rank: Special rank for the cream of the crop, the magicians in this rank is considered so strong that they can fight the whole army alone. This is pretty much the only rank for mages considered suitable to be a Guild master.

Norsegod1839

I'll be going with a A or B rank someone that uses cards much like Yu Gi Oh as a way to summon monsters and certain things.

I should be able to get it up tomorrow.

MelisaArtemis

Quote from: Norsegod1839 on August 30, 2018, 09:09:18 PM
I'll be going with a A or B rank someone that uses cards much like Yu Gi Oh as a way to summon monsters and certain things.

I should be able to get it up tomorrow.

Just as long as your character isn't someone who would be summoning Blue Eyes Ultimate dragon all the time like it's going out of fashion XD

Actually... don't summon dragons, period. They are considered legendary / extinct creature in Fairy Tail world (As in... it had been 400 years since they last seen one)

One feature I forgot to mention about summoning magic / stellar magic is that their mana consumption is all over the place. for minor summon (like Lucy summoning Plue with the Canis Minor key), the mana consumption is quite trivial but for powerful summons like the Zodiacs, they consume huge amount of mana that she can barely summon 2 of them at once. The Spirit king himself was supposedly so powerful that the summoner must be ready to risk their life to summon him.

Norsegod1839

Nah nothing like that! Minor monsters traps and brick wall type stuff was more what I was thinking also I've yet to actually put him into a character sheet yet and worked him out! So he might change.

But for now think some Yu Gi Oh level card slinging.

RhinSama

Hrm, Imma tap my interest here. I haven't finished the anime...yet. Though I could always wiki info.

I may be inclined to play Erza or an OC

DartimusRae

Hello! I would like to play an ex-quip caster, not as versed in armor requips like Erza, but can requip weapons of any sorts for all types of tactical scenarios. No guns, just blades, poles, and bows. I could claim a small number of tactical armor requips, but nothing as grand or flashy as Erza. Just enough to get the job done. And maybe could earn more powerful gear along the way as he grows in power from a class towards s class?

azzmeister89

If your having a character who uses requip then it will have to be weapons only. Erza is the only person in the world of Fairy Tail capable of doing it with armour. It's what makes her special and unique

DartimusRae

stormwyrm

Been thinking of popping in this one.. Maybe I will if I can get a character concept in time. Probably use one of several character designs I've got lying around and adapt them to the world.
If there is such a phenomenon as absolute evil, it consists in treating another human being as a thing.
O/OA/A, Requests

MelisaArtemis

Quote from: DartimusRae on September 01, 2018, 03:38:27 AM
Hello! I would like to play an ex-quip caster, not as versed in armor requips like Erza, but can requip weapons of any sorts for all types of tactical scenarios. No guns, just blades, poles, and bows. I could claim a small number of tactical armor requips, but nothing as grand or flashy as Erza. Just enough to get the job done. And maybe could earn more powerful gear along the way as he grows in power from a class towards s class?

Well... Other than what Storm said about Erza being a special case of being able to exquips armors. I think that rather than "earning" stronger weapons, exquip mages got more / better equips by buying them from shops / blacksmiths then storing it into their subspace.

At least in the manga, there had been scenes where Erza was in an armor shop browsing for armors.

DartimusRae

Well, that works too, buying them from shops and whatnot, but figured it would be a fun storyteller tool to give the players personalized things relevant to the type of mages people played. For sure most of my armory would be things I have bought or had commissioned for my use. But is it really out of the ordinary to find something that is tailored to a specific mage's casting style (ie Lucy and finding the zodiac gate keys.)? If that's how you want to run it though, absolutely. Not here to tell someone how to run their game, just here to play and have fun. So, what would you consider a fair number of weapons for my boy to start the game with in his personal subspace? Gives me an idea of how many weapons to start researching

MelisaArtemis

Quote from: DartimusRae on September 01, 2018, 05:42:41 AM
Well, that works too, buying them from shops and whatnot, but figured it would be a fun storyteller tool to give the players personalized things relevant to the type of mages people played. For sure most of my armory would be things I have bought or had commissioned for my use. But is it really out of the ordinary to find something that is tailored to a specific mage's casting style (ie Lucy and finding the zodiac gate keys.)? If that's how you want to run it though, absolutely. Not here to tell someone how to run their game, just here to play and have fun. So, what would you consider a fair number of weapons for my boy to start the game with in his personal subspace? Gives me an idea of how many weapons to start researching

I'm not saying that it's forbidden. Just a little heads up that it should be the "most common" way to obtain equips but it certainly isn't the ONLY way ;)

Of course there should be many other way to obtain your equips other than spending money afterall, I figure that in FT world there should be pletora of ancient artefact thingy to find that you can take advantage of ;)

PS: I'm not the one running this game, Levi is. Just adding some tid bits info from my knowledge of the anime / manga ;)

Mathim

Quote from: DartimusRae on September 01, 2018, 05:42:41 AM

Have you ever watched Yu Yu Hakusho? There's a conceptual weapon in there called the Trial Sword that basically is just a hilt, and the user is the one who manifests its form which is malleable, but also different for every user. You could toy around with that type of thing instead, where the weapon actually morphs freely rather than needing to be ex-quipped. Just food for thought.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

MelisaArtemis

Quote from: Mathim on September 01, 2018, 09:12:41 AM
Have you ever watched Yu Yu Hakusho? There's a conceptual weapon in there called the Trial Sword that basically is just a hilt, and the user is the one who manifests its form which is malleable, but also different for every user. You could toy around with that type of thing instead, where the weapon actually morphs freely rather than needing to be ex-quipped. Just food for thought.

Kuwabara's weapon you mean? Indeed, that would be interesting magic to have and certainly can be easily fitted into Fairy Tail world with some tweaking :P

Levi

Firstly it's great to see interest picking up here.

Secondly let me try and answer the questions in order.

@Rhin We are going to be sticking to purely OC characters. You don't have to have watched or even read the whole thing to join.

@Dartimus having a charcter that is able to requip is absolutely fine, as already mentioned to keep the charcter from being op you should stick to just weapons. I really like Mathim's suggestion!! However the particulars are your decision, if you want to stick to a more Erza style character I would say a beginner mage could proberly requip up to 10 weapons and then add say 5 per class? Does that sound ok?

@ Storm welcome, I'm hoping to get the opening post up for Monday, so even if you just get the pic and magic type done by then at least we will know what your thinking :)

Deepsilver

Quote from: RhinSama on September 01, 2018, 03:31:54 AM
Hrm, Imma tap my interest here. I haven't finished the anime...yet. Though I could always wiki info.

I may be inclined to play Erza or an OC

If you play choose to play Erza then are you interested in rp’ng with my created OC Jenares?

@Levy I’m almost done updating my charachter!

azzmeister89

I'm going to have to bow out of this, thinking up a character that I'm happy with is proving far more difficult than expected but I'm glad I was able to help you think this idea up Levi. Good luck and enjoy.

Levi

Quote from: azzmeister89 on September 01, 2018, 01:26:40 PM
I'm going to have to bow out of this, thinking up a character that I'm happy with is proving far more difficult than expected but I'm glad I was able to help you think this idea up Levi. Good luck and enjoy.

That's a shame I was looking forward to writing with you but completely understand! :)

Sessha

I'm still interested in this game, though at the moment I keep drawing a blank on her backstory. It's honestly the only thing I've got left I need to finish. Do you mind me posting the WiP character?

Levi

Quote from: Sessha on September 01, 2018, 02:52:56 PM
I'm still interested in this game, though at the moment I keep drawing a blank on her backstory. It's honestly the only thing I've got left I need to finish. Do you mind me posting the WiP character?

Not at all!

RhinSama

Hrm trying to decide what sort of wizard I want to play then

DartimusRae

Quote from: Levi on September 01, 2018, 12:16:50 PM
Firstly it's great to see interest picking up here.

Secondly let me try and answer the questions in order.

@Rhin We are going to be sticking to purely OC characters. You don't have to have watched or even read the whole thing to join.

@Dartimus having a charcter that is able to requip is absolutely fine, as already mentioned to keep the charcter from being op you should stick to just weapons. I really like Mathim's suggestion!! However the particulars are your decision, if you want to stick to a more Erza style character I would say a beginner mage could proberly requip up to 10 weapons and then add say 5 per class? Does that sound ok?

@ Storm welcome, I'm hoping to get the opening post up for Monday, so even if you just get the pic and magic type done by then at least we will know what your thinking :)

Sounds groovy. I will work on how his requips function. Should have a rough for you this evening. What exactly do you mean by five additional per class? Talking about from C class to S class power levels?

Levi

Quote from: DartimusRae on September 01, 2018, 04:52:13 PM
Sounds groovy. I will work on how his requips function. Should have a rough for you this evening. What exactly do you mean by five additional per class? Talking about from C class to S class power levels?

Yes exactly that! :)

MelisaArtemis

did minor tweaking on the character history, with approval of Levi of course ;) and adding some pictures =v =

Sessha

Alright this is not my WiP character so far.

MelisaArtemis

Quote from: Sessha on September 02, 2018, 12:56:32 AM
Alright this is my WiP character so far.

Name Seraphim Einfelt
NicknamePaladin
Age 24
Gender Female
Sexual OrientationBisexual
Wizard Class Caster
Height. 5'9                              Weight
Eye colour Gold                       Hair colour Silver White
Where is their guildmark? Top of her Right hand
Name of Magic Light Magic
Details of magic The ability to manipulate light magic to enhance weapons, create barriers, launch projectile attacks and generate wings of light to fly
Personality
History
One/Off's

Umm... that is pretty much carbon copy of mine...?

Sessha

Quote from: MelisaArtemis on September 02, 2018, 01:18:36 AM
Umm... that is pretty much carbon copy of mine...?

Yeah I noticed that myself. Though one big difference is that Seraphim's strengthening abilities are solely on her and on her own weapons. Though I'll be changing her flight to more of a mid-air leaping. That basically creates discharges of mana from her feet to sort of leap in the air itself.

DartimusRae

Name
Dagen Longfield
Nickname
Thousand Blades (Rune calls him Blade, for short)

Age 20

Gender male

Sexual Orientation Strictly heterosexual, but comfortable enough in his skin. Very metrosexual/flamboyant

Wizard Class Class A

Height. 6'3"                            Weight 200 lbs

Eye colour. Red                      Hair colour White, falls to about his middle back

Where is their guildmark? between his shoulder blades, black

Name of Magic Sword Art Requip

Details of magic He can requip between normal outfits, like most requip magic users, but his specialty lies in the weapons he can summon in the midst of battle. At class A, he can requip a total of twenty weapons, ranging from a bow and arrow set, to pole weapons, to swords and daggers. His favored weapons however, are a pair of enchanted punch daggers that he had acquired along his journey with his twin sister Rune. a lacrima crystal resides within the blade of each dagger, embuing them with the ability to add an electric or concussive blast for extra damage, but it drains his mana faster when using the lacrima abilities, as it costs mana to trigger the blade's abilities.

Currently in his armoury, he has the punch daggers, a shield that helps repel a small amount of projectile damage, a pole axe, a spear, a naginata, a bow with unlimited arrows, an earthbreaker mace, and a number of daggers, knives, and swords round out his current collection. His ability to requip his weapons to adapt to any tactical situation has earned him the nickname Dagen of the Thousand Blades.

Team Rune Longfield (so far)

Personality Laid back, flirtacious, and flamboyant. When it comes to combat however, he is extremely chivalrous with his opponent if they are deemed worthy, never resulting to dirty tricks or low blows, expecting them from less noble fighters. He can be cold and calculating, but goes back to his jovial self once the day is won, and occassionally offers to buy the losing party a drink or two.

History Hailing from Seven with his twin sister Rune Longfield, the pair had relatively unremarkable lives growing up. They came from a family of respected mages, were middle class, and afforded the opportunity to explore magic once they showed an aptitude for it, both at relatively young ages. They were tutored by the local mage group, but soon they outgrew the capabilities of their masters, and were sent to Fiore at the age of fifteen to join more powerful guilds and learn as much as they could.
Dagen is the eldest of the two, born two minutes before midnight, and seven minutes before Rune, who was technically born the next day. Dagen from a young age was obsessed with the old codes of honor and chivalry, developing a strong code of respect and ethics as he learned kendo and other styles of sword play. He is often at odds with his beloved sister because of her dirty fighting ways, which he views as dishonest, if not begrudgingly effective. But his love for his sister takes precidence over all.
At seventeen, the pair were separated by their first guild's suggestion to stake off with different teams. While uneasy about the idea, the twins accepted and took off on separate missions with other guild members. What was supposed to be a simple smash and grab for Rune and her team, ended up nearly costing Rune her life, as her team mates had forced her into a front line role, instead of the supportive role she often employed with her brother. Dagen's resulting fury nearly destroyed the guild hall, and the pair left the guild once Rune had recovered enough to travel. Since then, the pair have never let another guild master separate them for missions, the very mention of which led to their recent parting from the last guild they were part of before joining Peryton at the age of 19. Since then, the pair have taken lower class jobs to make ends meet and to remain comfortable, but not branching too far out on their own without other higher class mages at their sides. They have earned the moniker "Stone and Blade" due to their cunning  battle tactics, which was why when Jessica announced their guild's entry into the Grand Mage Games, Dagen and Rune were amongst the first to volunteer. Provided, they had ample support going into the games.

One/Off's See personal ons/offs

stormwyrm

Name Arawn Idriss
Arawn
Age 22
Gender Male
Sexual Orientation Straight
Wizard Class A
Height 6'2                              Weight 186 lbs
Eye colour Blue                       Hair colour Black
Where is their guildmark? Right biceps
Name of Magic Spiritual Warfare
Details of magic

Arawn is a spirit summoner, similar to Lucy but the way he generally contracts with celestial spirits has him using them rather differently. His main key is the Gemini key, which he uses to conjure these two:
Since he was born under the sign of Gemini, opening the gate for them is much easier for him than for any of the other keys he has. Names TBA*. These two spirits are supposedly twin sisters but they are more often than not at each others' throats, and Arawn frequently has to mediate between them. Their main power is to materialise into the two blades that he carries, which he can hurl towards his foes with unerring accuracy and have them return to his hand.

He has five other celestial keys, Aquila, Lynx, Vulpecula, Corvus, and Scutum, though he doesn't use these anywhere near as often as the Gemini. They too can be turned into weapons: Aquila into a rapier, Lynx into a short sword, Vulpecula into a dagger, Corvus into a black spear, but Scutum obviously becomes a shield. These are relatively recent additions to his collection of keys and he has not yet explored their powers fully, but likely they are not as powerful as the twin blades (his only Zodiac key so far), though they are a substantial increase to his versatility.

Team None yet

Personality
Arawn is usually rather laid-back and relaxed, almost brooding at times, though true to the sign he was born under, he can also sometimes be headstrong and reckless.

History
It is unclear where Arawn originally came from, as he had been stolen away from his birthplace by slavers from Bosco when he was five years old. He was traded around by a succession of masters who largely used him for menial tasks. He never was a very good slave and no slave master had ever managed to truly make him compliant. His last master was an independent mage who purchased him when he was fifteen, recognising his latent magical potential, and sought to use him as a sacrifice to advance his own power in a gruesome ritual. Before this could happen, Arawn managed to take the Gemini key from his former master, and using it, summoned the twins, with whom he promptly made a contract. With their power he managed to kill his master and escape into Fiore, where he had joined a guild, which at first treated him well, but after the death of the original master and subsequent election of a new master who treated him very badly, he resigned from that guild, and for a time worked as an independent mercenary, until he met Jessica and decided that her new guild probably wasn't a bad place to be.

One/Off's Same as player

Just a quick sketch. I'll fill in more details later.

* The two characters were originally named Primo and Dominante. If I can't think up better names than this later, these will have to do.
If there is such a phenomenon as absolute evil, it consists in treating another human being as a thing.
O/OA/A, Requests

RhinSama

Rune Longfield
Stonefist
Age 20
Gender Female
Sexual Orientation Bisexual
Wizard Class A
Height 4’10                              Weight 110
Eye colour Gold                       Hair colour Black
Where is their guildmark? Right outside thigh just under hip. Black
Name of Magic Earth-Make
Details of magic Learned magic of the Molding Magic subtype. Mainly uses static earth make magic, but can use dynamic as well.
Team Dagen Longfield
Personality Loud. Boisterous. Gregarious. Rune is everyone’s friend who’ll willingly share a meal and drink with you. Sweet as pie she will go out of her way to help a friend when they need it. That is until you upset her or you mess with her brother. At that point people learn why she’s called Stonefist. Sadly, her height isn’t the only thing that’s short.
History Hailing from Seven with her twin brother, Dagen Longfield, the pair had relatively unremarkable lives growing up. They came from a family of respected mages, were middle class, and afforded the opportunity to explore magic once they showed an aptitude for it, both at relatively young ages. They were tutored by the local mage group, but soon they outgrew the capabilities of their masters, and were sent to Fiore at the age of fifteen to join more powerful guilds and learn as much as they could.
Rune is the younger of the two born seven minutes after Dagen, and the next day. Growing up Rune was always getting into trouble and fights that involved her either defending her brother, or showing someone that they shouldn’t underestimate her just because she was short. A short temper her curse that she tried to rein in the best she could. Though that always didn’t happen. As such she became quite the scraper. So her parents thought it best to at least teach her to properly fight. She was put into several styles of martial arts. Several of which she obtained some of the highest ranks in, and in doing so made herself quite an effective hand to hand fighter. Even if she chose less than honorable tactics. Get in, end it quick, and get out was her motto when it came to hand to hand combat with an opponent. As such she often takes up the field support and control position in a battle. Preferring to stay at the back of the group and only front lining when it was needed the most.
At seventeen, the pair were separated by their first guild's suggestion to stake off with different teams. While uneasy about the idea, the twins accepted and took off on separate missions with other guild members. What was supposed to be a simple smash and grab for Rune and her team, ended up nearly costing Rune her life, as her team mates had forced her into a front-line role, instead of the supportive role she often employed with her brother. Dagen's resulting fury nearly destroyed the guild hall, and the pair left the guild once Rune had recovered enough to travel. Since then, the pair have never let another guild master separate them for missions, the very mention of which led to their recent parting from the last guild they were part of before joining Peryton at the age of 19. Since then, the pair have taken lower class jobs to make ends meet and to remain comfortable, but not branching too far out on their own without other higher-class mages at their sides. They have earned the moniker "Stone and Blade" due to their cunning battle tactics, which was why when Jessica announced their guild's entry into the Grand Mage Games, Dagen and Rune were amongst the first to volunteer. Provided, they had ample support going into the games.
One/Off's https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135509.0

Levi

Quote from: Sessha on September 02, 2018, 12:56:32 AM
Alright this is my WiP character so far.

Name Seraphim Einfelt
NicknamePaladin
Age 24
Gender Female
Wizard Class Caster
Details of magic The ability to manipulate light magic to enhance weapons, create barriers, launch projectile attacks and generate wings of light to fly
Personality
History
One/Off's

Absolutely no similarities in regards to the details of the magic please. So while her magic is classed as light try and think of other ways it could be used for example Seraphim could be good at illusions.

Levi

@ Datrimus and Rhin I'm assuming you've communicated on being a brother sister tag team? Both profiles look fab so as long as you to are happy. Accepted!

@storm very nice character indeed, I particularly like the summoned sprit images!

RhinSama

Yes! We have communicated on being siblings. More specifically twins.

Thank you!

This is gonna be a blast

DartimusRae

Doesn't hurt that we happen to be husband and wife in real life.

Levi

Quote from: RhinSama on September 02, 2018, 06:35:19 AM
Yes! We have communicated on being siblings. More specifically twins.

Thank you!

This is gonna be a blast

Fabulous!

Quote from: DartimusRae on September 02, 2018, 06:35:42 AM
Doesn't hurt that we happen to be husband and wife in real life.

Aww, that's sweet!!! :D

Levi

DartimusRae

It was a random idea, and she liked it, so we took the idea and ran with it. Twins will be easy for us because we can communicate off-site on how we will react to things, and have things worked out before we post. Can't always have sexy writing with the wife on site, can I?.

Deepsilver

@Levy Done. I know though mc doesnt contain much info, but I like to keep most of his details hidden as I think it might be fun to expose it in the future. Let me know if it is okay though! :)

Name
Jenares Amaryllis
Nickname
Jen
Age 21
Gender Male
Sexual OrientationStraight
Wizard Class Class A
Height. 1.84 CM                             Weight 80 KG
Eye colour. Brown                     Hair colour Dark Brown
Name of Magic Air Pressure Arts
Details of magic Creating air pressure attacks with swords
Team None
Personality Serious, Shy, Silent, Civil, Polite
History Jenares lived with his parents in village somwehere in the north of Fiore. At the age of 5, his parents were killed by slave traders and they took him and his brother to a slave camp in Bosco. Not just for work, but also for sport. When he was 11 years old, he got trained by a dark guild to fight as an attempt to make him a member of the dark guild, One day though, a group of wizards attacked the camp and Jenares then escaped along with his brother, but just when they were out of the camp, a dark powerful monster, killed his brother. Travelling around Fiore while being in deep grief he wished that he could be a wizard himself and once he arrived at Peryton, he decided to join, not only because he wants to be the same what rescued him, but also to avange his brother and all those who died or are enslaved by the dark cults.

One/Off's
Everything excepts rape, dark, gore, vore etc.

Levi

Quote from: Deepsilver on September 02, 2018, 07:46:51 AM
Done. Hope this will do :)

Name
Jenares Amaryllis
Nickname
Jen
Age 21
Gender Male
Sexual OrientationStraight
Wizard Class Class A
Height. 1.84 CM                             Weight 80 KG
Eye colour. Brown                     Hair colour Dark Brown
Name of Magic Air Pressure Arts
Details of magic Creating air pressure attacks with swords
Team None
Personality Serious, Shy, Silent, Civil, Polite
History Jenares lived with his parents in village somwehere in the north of Fiore. At the age of 5, his parents were killed by slave traders and they took him and his brother to a slave camp in Bosco. Not just for work, but also for sport. When he was 11 years old, he got trained by a dark guild to fight as an attempt to make him a member of the dark guild, One day though, a group of wizards attacked the camp and Jenares then escaped along with his brother, but just when they were out of the camp, a dark powerful monster, killed his brother. Travelling around Fiore while being in deep grief he wished that he could be a wizard himself and once he arrived at Fairy Tail, he decided to join, not only because he wants to be the same what rescued him, but also to avange his brother and all those who died or are enslaved by the dark cults.

One/Off's
Everything excepts rape, dark, gore, vore etc.

Just needs a quick edit on the history. Change the guild name :)

Deepsilver

Levi

Quote from: Deepsilver on September 02, 2018, 08:01:51 AM
Changed it!

Yay

Edit: I somehow missed your question, keeping secrets is fine but anything you think might dramatically alter game should be pmd to me first :)

Mathim

Slayer magic isn't permitted, is it?

Levi

BlackLightning

Invited by MelisaArtemis... sounds fun, why not

Ryuuji Izumi
Berserker

Age 27

Gender Male

Sexual Orientation Hetero

Wizard Class A

Height180 cm (5’11).              Weight 75 Kg (165 Lb)

Eye colour Black                  Hair colour Black

Where is their guildmark? left chest

Name of Magic Flash

Details of magic
Putting in the simplest of form, the magic allows Ryuuji to accelerate himself. However, Ryuuji’s mastery over the magic allows him to move so fast that he practically was practically invisible to the naked eyes.

Additional equipment

Mu-Issen: His blade, one used by warriors in the land of far east called a "Tachi". Completely black from the hilt up to the blade, noone knows what it actually made of. However, it possess incredible sharpness capable of slicing steel like it's made of tofu and it never chipped, never bend or even require maintenance despite it's extensive use. It is somehow is also the only weapon that is capable of withstanding Ryuuji's magic enhanced moves.

Artificial Arm: After losing his real left arm during his travel, Ryuuji had it replaced with artificial arm. Created by a master magic blacksmith and made out of rare magic metal, it was extremely tough and possess fingers resembling claws. In fact, it was so tough that Ryuuji could use it to block the enemies attacks with it or using the claws to shred them into pieces. It also has some additional featured fitted inside including a miniature magic cannon of limited use and Anchored wire that allows Ryuuji to reach normally unreachable places.

Team None

Personality
One of the more no-nonsense member of the guild, while Ryuuji came off as cold and uncaring at first, bordering arrogance in fact, he actually quite kind deep inside. Extremely loyal to those he cares about, he would go to great length to protect them even at the cost of himself. Man of few words, he tend to let his action do the talking. Due to past incident, he tend to goes berserk if he sees anyone hurting his "family".

History
Ryuuji wasn’t actually originate from Fiore. Instead, he came from the land of the far east. As a child, he was an orphan living on the street, doing everything he could to survive from stealing or dumpster diving. One time, he made the mistake of stealing from a warrior which they called a “Samurai”. Impressed by his courage, the man adopted him and taught him the way of the warrior.

For a while, they lived in peace as a proper family before one of his father’s old enemy came looking for revenge. The enemy abducted his then 12 years old self and used him to lure his father into a confrontation. However, the man proved to be even more of cowardly nature than expected as instead of fulfilling his promise for an honorable one-on-one duel, the man had employed dirty tricks to win, even ganging up on the warrior before beheading the man right in front of Ryuuji.

Ironically, witnessing his adopted father’s death awaken Ryuuji’s talent in magic. In his blind rage, Ryuuji somehow escaped from his binding, grabbed his father’s fallen blade and slaughtered the entire enemy. Unfortunately, the leader of the enemy happened to be a man of significant position and killing him had put Ryuuji into the bounty list. Having no other choice but to escape, Ryuuji went back home to take everything of value before burning the house to the ground as he ran away, never to return.

During his travel, Ryuuji practically lived as a mercenary or blade-for-hire. Fortunately, with his magic power and ability with the sword, there was no shortage of offer for him. It also during one of his work that he lost his left arm and had it replaced with an artificial arm.

It was also during one of his work where he encountered Jessica (with a little girl by her side) and heard of her desire to start a guild in Fiore. Deciding that there was nothing to lose about it, he decided to join her.

One/Off's

Ons: Consensual sex, Some exhibitionism. Anything else in my O/O chart
Offs: Bondage, Rape, NTR, pretty much anything that isn’t consensual. Anything else in my O/O chart

Levi

Welcome blacklightning!!

Very easy approval :)

stormwyrm

I've filled out a few more details on Arawn's personality and background, and added five more non-Zodiac keys to his inventory.
O/OA/A, Requests

Norsegod1839

In the process of working on mine. Just trying to figure out how what I want to do magic wise fits into the Fairy Tale Universe

should have it up today.

Levi

Quote from: stormwyrm on September 02, 2018, 10:15:49 AM
I've filled out a few more details on Arawn's personality and background, and added five more non-Zodiac keys to his inventory.

Lovely, so is it all complete?

Quote from: Norsegod1839 on September 02, 2018, 10:21:47 AM
In the process of working on mine. Just trying to figure out how what I want to do magic wise fits into the Fairy Tale Universe

should have it up today.

Fab

stormwyrm

Quote from: Levi on September 02, 2018, 10:29:21 AM
Lovely, so is it all complete?

Just about, unless you have any objections.
O/OA/A, Requests

Levi

DartimusRae

Sessha

Quote from: Levi on September 02, 2018, 06:29:24 AM
Absolutely no similarities in regards to the details of the magic please. So while her magic is classed as light try and think of other ways it could be used for example Seraphim could be good at illusions.

And character junked

DartimusRae

Quote from: Sessha on September 02, 2018, 02:30:59 PM
And character junked

Or, instead of doing light based magic, use dark? Some minor tweaks could save ya a lot of work.

Sessha

Quote from: DartimusRae on September 02, 2018, 03:20:29 PM
Or, instead of doing light based magic, use dark? Some minor tweaks could save ya a lot of work.

Nah junking easier. Besides I need a whole concept anyway as my second concept has already been taken. So I can't use that one either.

DartimusRae

Well, if you would like to bounce ideas off me, I could help

Sessha

By the way I want to apologize if I'm seeming to be petulant about this. It was just the whole concept was based on the idea of using Light Magic as a spell blade type. Casting spells through her sword, combing the magic with her sword, enhancing her own body to make use of it along with using it for shields to protect herself and launch long range destructive beams of light. And yes there would be some healing magic in there and I was going to change the flying to her using a step like launching system by discharging mana through her feet. So it makes it look like she's jumping from invisible platforms in the sky. Now for long range travel that's not going to cut it you would need something more efficient like actual flying but in close to medium ranges ir works. 

DartimusRae

The concept is still pretty solid if you apply another elements to it. For example, use wind or fire! And for healing (personal), have fire based attacks restore your Mana and vitality. Natsu uses fire magic in his feet that allow him to manuever in the sky. this distance is extended when paired with Happy's aero magic. Fire is also a wonderful element to pair with bladed weapons because it can give gulfing burst effects that deal additional damage, and can swing the tide of battle in a moment of intesity.

This is just an idea so you don't have to completely scrap the idea. It's still viable even without being a light magic user. What you end up doing is ultimately up to you. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Sessha

I can't use Wind magic as someone else is already using Wind magic and Fire just seems a bit overdone. I like doing different things.

DartimusRae

It's up to you. Fire magics, while overdone, are still brutally effective. It's why so many magic systems use fire as an offensive power. Also, I believe we are lacking a good fire mage currently.

Levi

Quote from: Sessha on September 02, 2018, 04:40:37 PM
I can't use Wind magic as someone else is already using Wind magic and Fire just seems a bit overdone. I like doing different things.

You can use wind you can even still use light. What I was trying to say earlier is basically that while there are many mages who could be called a fire mage or a wind mage and so on. There actual powers are all different. If you look at rhins character and Jessica they both have earth backgrounds but what they can do differs

Sessha

Quote from: Levi on September 03, 2018, 01:00:10 AM
You can use wind you can even still use light. What I was trying to say earlier is basically that while there are many mages who could be called a fire mage or a wind mage and so on. There actual powers are all different. If you look at rhins character and Jessica they both have earth backgrounds but what they can do differs

Which is a bit of a different beast than before. Magic wise I was looking to create a magic swordswoman who channels light magic through her blade. Using her magic to enhance her blade attacks, even using the blade to launch the attacks at full range along using said light magic to enhance her own body to withstand greater physical damage and creating magic shields to protect herself from magical attacks, using Light magic as a way of healing others and herself along with lastly using said light magic to basically create "platforms" if you will for her to leap from in the air by discharging mana which also if need be she can go full on beam spam mode. Maybe even using Light magic to blind opponents in combat to make her job easier. All around she was going to be more combat heavy focused that Mel's character. That's all I was aiming to do with her.

Levi

Okay this is what Melisa can do: "Details of magic
Holy arrow: Her one and ONLY offensive magic, allows her to fire arrows of light toward her opponent. While each arrow has deals low damage, it can be fired repeatedly in succession."

She already has enhance now her enhance is on others so having it only work on YC is fine, magic barrier or shield you can't use as that's in here. Healing is out too.

So you can use light in blade attacks and could even use light as a blast effect as Melisa only has a low damage arrow. Also the way YC travels would be acceptable too. Does that help any?

Sessha

Quote from: Levi on September 03, 2018, 01:53:26 AM
Okay this is what Melisa can do: "Details of magic
Holy arrow: Her one and ONLY offensive magic, allows her to fire arrows of light toward her opponent. While each arrow has deals low damage, it can be fired repeatedly in succession."

She already has enhance now her enhance is on others so having it only work on YC is fine, magic barrier or shield you can't use as that's in here. Healing is out too.

So you can use light in blade attacks and could even use light as a blast effect as Melisa only has a low damage arrow. Also the way YC travels would be acceptable too. Does that help any?

It does help actually. Now if you allow me to make a counter offer here to add on to it. As I mentioned above with Sera's barrier it would only protect her against magical attacks, but not physical attacks. That's where her body enhancement comes into play. Also as much as I wanted to hold out on it, I'd be willing to allow for her healing abilities to be self only as well. Also her magical barrier would be self only, or maybe one extra person who happens to be standing right behind her.

MelisaArtemis

Umm... a little correction... Melisa's magic element isn't "Light". Her magic doesn't has any element, period... it is just the names that made it sound like they are light element magic, but they aren't. Instead, her magic is pure energy and that's about it.

Levi

Quote from: Sessha on September 03, 2018, 02:06:33 AM
It does help actually. Now if you allow me to make a counter offer here to add on to it. As I mentioned above with Sera's barrier it would only protect her against magical attacks, but not physical attacks. That's where her body enhancement comes into play. Also as much as I wanted to hold out on it, I'd be willing to allow for her healing abilities to be self only as well. Also her magical barrier would be self only, or maybe one extra person who happens to be standing right behind her.

Ok, so I'll let you have the barrier but only for YC but no healing. As far as I'm aware there is only one character in fairy tail that can heal and I think that makes it quite rare, so I would like to stay with just Melisa being able to heal.

Levi

Just in case accepted writers have missed it the occ and main thread are up.

Levi

Quote from: Norsegod1839 on September 02, 2018, 10:21:47 AM

should have it up today.

How's that character comming along, still interested?

Norsegod1839

I am but unsure if I can commit the time to it. I might have to temporarily step back but still watch actively and come back to it later.

Sessha

So far this is what I've gotten. As I said the Backstory is still giving me a bit of trouble.

Name Seraphim Einfelt
NicknamePaladin
Age 24
Gender Female
Wizard Class A rank Caster
Details of magic The ability to manipulate light magic to enhance weapons, create barriers, launch devastating projectile attacks and through the use of light magic discharge essentially create platforms of Light to stand on or launch herself from
Team
Personality Seraphim is Snarky, idealistic, dependable and all around nice person to be around. She earned her nickname from her more idealistic nature of both right and wrong. Believing that those with power like mages have a duty to use it to help and protect others. Though that doesn't mean she doesn't let her eyes wander over the ladies or the occasional male.
History
One/Off's Same as Player

Levi

Quote from: Sessha on September 05, 2018, 03:37:00 PM
So far this is what I've gotten. As I said the Backstory is still giving me a bit of trouble.

Name Seraphim Einfelt
NicknamePaladin
Age 24
Gender Female
Wizard Class A rank Caster
Details of magic The ability to manipulate light magic to enhance weapons, create barriers, launch devastating projectile attacks and through the use of light magic discharge essentially create platforms of Light to stand on or launch herself from
Team
Personality Seraphim is Snarky, idealistic, dependable and all around nice person to be around. She earned her nickname from her more idealistic nature of both right and wrong. Believing that those with power like mages have a duty to use it to help and protect others. Though that doesn't mean she doesn't let her eyes wander over the ladies or the occasional male.
History
One/Off's Same as Player

Okay so the powers it's gonna have to be either through the sword or as a blast not both.

Also her personality confused me. She's snarky but nice??

Sessha

Quote from: Levi on September 06, 2018, 03:20:34 AM
Also her personality confused me. She's snarky but nice??

Yep. She makes some snarky comments or jokes,(most notably those when people leave themselves open or set themselves up for it.) otherwise she does have a generally pleasant disposition towards others.

Quote from: Levi on September 06, 2018, 03:20:34 AM
Okay so the powers it's gonna have to be either through the sword or as a blast not both.

Okay maybe I should clarify. The blasts were never meant to be used through her sword. Though that said it didn't exactly preclude that from happening later in play as a development of her powers.

Those are primarily used when she isn't in melee. In melee she used light magic to enhance the effects of her blade by allowing it to do both magical damage and physical damage to a target. It also provides physical protection and enhancement to her own body.

I hope this adequately explains things.

MelisaArtemis

@sessha I think the primary problem is your character has role issue with his magic: whether she's an offensive magic swordswoman (which may include the sword enchant and SWORD blast) or a defensive (which would allow the barrier and in extent, the floating platforms but no blasts).

Another issue that the general idea in FT bar a few exceptions (Dragon slayers), is that if you're good with ranged magic then you're terrible at melee. I'll admit that Erza was somewhat an exception but I think her being able to shoot swords like projectiles is thanks to her magic armor "Tenshin no Yoroi" rather than her own ability.

You simply can't be both without potentially being horribly OP. Someone who is capable of generating barrier AND deal range damage at the same time is basically a one-man army in FT universe since the guy would basically be having both the "ultimate spear" and the "ultimate shield" at the same time. As it stands, your character is basically a slayer magic user without being actually called as one by name only.

Another option is you add an equally strong drawback / weak point that comes with the magic. A good example would be (possibly) the most OP character we have in our roster which is BlackLightning's Ryuuji which has potential to be S rank... If not for the fact that unleashing it would possibly cripple him.

Remember than even in canon, dragon slayers has such a huge weakness (terrible with vehicle) that it literally played a part in the final battle to defend Magnolia.

Zaer Darkwail

Laeran Pyrestorm
Sparky
Age 30
Gender Male
Wizard Class C (but has potential be A)
Height. 6'1'ft                    Weight 180lb
Eye colour. Warm brown  Hair colour Brown
Where is their guildmark? Back of left hand
Name of Magic Fire
Details of magic Albeit Laeran is fire mage from long line of fire mages, he never uses fire magic offensively. He does at best parlor and party tricks with it. Fireworks, smokes, sparkles, colorful dancing flames in cute animal shapes. His measured magic energy potential is at A class but thanks complete lack of interest and desire to 'fight' he is at C class. Working on paper and desk work for the guild and be overall festival party organizer and manager.
Team Not in team, unlikely never will.
Personality Laeran is fun, relaxed and ongoing positive minded man who likes cheer people up and keep spirits up even in grim circumstances. He gives image of himself of a fool who drinks and makes jokes all the time but he can be serious and think seriously. In happy facade hides a man who is doing all his effort bury his own lineage and past mistake which he did long ago and is reason why he cripples his own potential.
History Laeran Pyrestorm is heir of Pyrestorm family, which has past 300 years been exclusively fire magicians and have even purposefully married and 'bred' with other fire mages of immense potential to fine tune and harness natural innate potential extreme heights. Laeran's great-great-grandfather was one Ten Wizard Saints, codenamed as Nova was in top three mages in said council in his generation. So naturally when Laeran was born, much was expected from him.

He was not lone child though, as just two years later his little sister was born. Laeran's magic potential started manifest when he was six years old, he played and enjoyed playing with fire. Even recklesly so. In age of eight a bully teased him, bully was from another mage family but their son had not manifested magic yet. Furious Laeran, without thinking, breathed fire on the bully! However his younger sister, worried her brother gets trouble for harming (not mention unintentionally killing a child) she grasped him and turned him around...and wound up harming his own sister! Luckily only half of sister's body was engulfed in flames, but she was permamently burn scarred by half of her body and learn endure with lifelong pains from her right side of the body. Sight of her burned sister made young Laeran then swear, to never use fire magic again to harm people.

He attended greatest magic academies his family could provide.....he topped scores in classes and overall magic potential was through tests confirmed be expectional. But he fluked out from academy when he refused practice fire magic for combat and self-defense purposes. As those classes were mandatory he simply left, never graduating and becoming thus black sheep of the family. He has always attended and try care for his younger sister, still feel guilt for his deed, but his younger sister is bitter, angry and overall spiteful towards him and clearly abusing his kindness. He felt smothering in his family mansion, more so as his entire family stared him with shame filled eyes, so he left and one first things he did was joing to brand new guild; Peryton. Assign himself to desk work and learn practice his magic in entertaining and fun fashion, bring smiles and laugther than scream, a scream which he still remembers from years ago as his sister burned and remember smell of burned flesh and hair.
One/Off's Same as player, into very kinky stuff.

Levi

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on September 06, 2018, 07:27:14 AM
Laeran Pyrestorm
Sparky
Age 25
Gender Male
Wizard Class C (but has potential be A)
Height. 6'1'ft                    Weight 180lb
Eye colour. Warm brown  Hair colour Brown
Where is their guildmark? Back of left hand
Name of Magic Fire
Details of magic Albeit Laeran is fire mage from long line of fire mages, he never uses fire magic offensively. He does at best parlor and party tricks with it. Fireworks, smokes, sparkles, colorful dancing flames in cute animal shapes. His measured magic energy potential is at A class but thanks complete lack of interest and desire to 'fight' he is at C class. Working on paper and desk work for the guild and be overall festival party organizer and manager.
Team Not in team, unlikely never will.
Personality Laeran is fun, relaxed and ongoing positive minded man who likes cheer people up and keep spirits up even in grim circumstances. He gives image of himself of a fool who drinks and makes jokes all the time but he can be serious and think seriously. In happy facade hides a man who is doing all his effort bury his own lineage and past mistake which he did long ago and is reason why he cripples his own potential.
History Laeran Pyrestorm is heir of Pyrestorm family, which has past 300 years been exclusively fire magicians and have even purposefully married and 'bred' with other fire mages of immense potential to fine tune and harness natural innate potential extreme heights. Laeran's great-great-grandfather was one Ten Wizard Saints, codenamed as Nova was in top three mages in said council in his generation. So naturally when Laeran was born, much was expected from him.

He was not lone child though, as just two years later his little sister was born. Laeran's magic potential started manifest when he was six years old, he played and enjoyed playing with fire. Even recklesly so. In age of eight a bully teased him, bully was from another mage family but their son had not manifested magic yet. Furious Laeran, without thinking, breathed fire on the bully! However his younger sister, worried her brother gets trouble for harming (not mention unintentionally killing a child) she grasped him and turned him around...and wound up harming his own sister! Luckily only half of sister's body was engulfed in flames, but she was permamently burn scarred by half of her body and learn endure with lifelong pains from her right side of the body. Sight of her burned sister made young Laeran then swear, to never use fire magic again to harm people.

He attended greatest magic academies his family could provide.....he topped scores in classes and overall magic potential was through tests confirmed be expectional. But he fluked out from academy when he refused practice fire magic for combat and self-defense purposes. As those classes were mandatory he simply left, never graduating and becoming thus black sheep of the family. He has always attended and try care for his younger sister, still feel guilt for his deed, but his younger sister is bitter, angry and overall spiteful towards him and clearly abusing his kindness. He felt smothering in his family mansion, more so as his entire family stared him with shame filled eyes, so he left and one first things he did was joing to brand new guild; Peryton. Assign himself to desk work and learn practice his magic in entertaining and fun fashion, bring smiles and laugther than scream, a scream which he still remembers from years ago as his sister burned and remember smell of burned flesh and hair.
One/Off's Same as player, into very kinky stuff.

Oohh...Jessica goes to find her stamp of approval

The only question I have is about the pic the image looks older then 25. As long as your happy that fine but he does look more 30ish.

Zaer Darkwail

I can push the age to 30 so it matches pic better :)

Levi

Zaer Darkwail

Edited, feel free add him to charsheet section.

Crensler

Quote from: MelisaArtemis on September 06, 2018, 07:12:19 AMYou simply can't be both without potentially being horribly OP. Someone who is capable of generating barrier AND deal range damage at the same time is basically a one-man army in FT universe since the guy would basically be having both the "ultimate spear" and the "ultimate shield" at the same time. As it stands, your character is basically a slayer magic user without being actually called as one by name only.
Except I don't remember Sessha ever saying anything about either A) that her shield and blast were super powerful to the point of destroying/defending against anything, or B) that she could do them at the same time.  Also, considering how Slayer magic works, calling Sessha's character a Slayer mage is perhaps a bit much, wouldn't you agree?

Levi

Quote from: Sessha on September 06, 2018, 04:10:26 AM
Yep. She makes some snarky comments or jokes,(most notably those when people leave themselves open or set themselves up for it.) otherwise she does have a generally pleasant disposition towards others.

Okay maybe I should clarify. The blasts were never meant to be used through her sword. Though that said it didn't exactly preclude that from happening later in play as a development of her powers.

Those are primarily used when she isn't in melee. In melee she used light magic to enhance the effects of her blade by allowing it to do both magical damage and physical damage to a target. It also provides physical protection and enhancement to her own body.

I hope this adequately explains things.

I think I get what your saying. Could I ask that you detail out this in the magic section, as for the history I don't mind that you haven't 100% worked it out but the rest of the writers will at least need to know how long paladin has been a guild member.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, if want opinion from someone I think Crensler's magic sounds quite similar to Maker magic (Ice Make example) but utilizing Light element than any traditional elements. Albeit I do not remember Maker magic enhancing weapons/attacks but it allowed creating weapons which could have devastating effects.

Also even if he has versatile tool set, in return the magic he uses must have strict interfering taboo some kind to balance it out (all magic, innate and item based, have it). Taboo is simply a thing where magic is never utilized, doing so leads to ruin some fashion (including loosing one's powers).

Crensler

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on September 06, 2018, 03:37:02 PM
Well, if want opinion from someone I think Crensler's magic sounds quite similar to Maker magic (Ice Make example) but utilizing Light element than any traditional elements. Albeit I do not remember Maker magic enhancing weapons/attacks but it allowed creating weapons which could have devastating effects.
It kind of does, doesn't it?  Also, not my character, but thank you for pointing this out for Sessha's ^^

Levi

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on September 06, 2018, 01:47:22 PM
Edited, feel free add him to charsheet section.

All over that!
Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on September 06, 2018, 03:37:02 PM

Also even if he has versatile tool set, in return the magic he uses must have strict interfering taboo some kind to balance it out (all magic, innate and item based, have it). Taboo is simply a thing where magic is never utilized, doing so leads to ruin some fashion (including loosing one's powers).

Agree with this!! :)

Sessha

As for how long she's been with the guild, hmmm how long has the guild been around?

Levi

Quote from: Sessha on September 06, 2018, 03:51:59 PM
As for how long she's been with the guild, hmmm how long has the guild been around?

Officially two years

Sessha

Then in that case I would say maybe about a year and half. I was thinking about her being brought in to give the group some of kind A Rank Offensive power

Wolfy

Umm....@-@ Are there still open spots for this? :3

And when you say no Dragonslayer magic, I assume you also mean no God or Demon Slayer magic as well? o3o

MelisaArtemis

Quote from: Crensler on September 06, 2018, 02:38:45 PM
Except I don't remember Sessha ever saying anything about either A) that her shield and blast were super powerful to the point of destroying/defending against anything, or B) that she could do them at the same time.  Also, considering how Slayer magic works, calling Sessha's character a Slayer mage is perhaps a bit much, wouldn't you agree?

A) it doesn't have to be but being able to do both together is already a huge potential to be an issue with balance
B) quoting him straight:

Quote from: Sessha on September 06, 2018, 04:10:26 AM
It also provides physical protection and enhancement to her own body.

Heavily implies that his character can do both at the same time.

I made the comparison to Slayer magic because the only (obvious) difference that his character's magic and slayer magic has was that the slayers has to regularly eat their own element while his doesn't, the rest?

Light Blast similar to slayers using their elements to attack from distance (Natsu regularly do this and I'm not even saying about the roar)
Light enhance similar to slayers boosting their attack with their elements (Again, Natsu is the most common. Once he even used his fire on his elbow to boost his punch through the enemy's barrier)

Crensler

Quote from: MelisaArtemis on September 06, 2018, 07:57:22 PM
A) it doesn't have to be but being able to do both together is already a huge potential to be an issue with balance
B) quoting him straight:

Heavily implies that his character can do both at the same time.

I made the comparison to Slayer magic because the only (obvious) difference that his character's magic and slayer magic has was that the slayers has to regularly eat their own element while his doesn't, the rest?

Light Blast similar to slayers using their elements to attack from distance (Natsu regularly do this and I'm not even saying about the roar)
Light enhance similar to slayers boosting their attack with their elements (Again, Natsu is the most common. Once he even used his fire on his elbow to boost his punch through the enemy's barrier)
Honestly I don't see the comparison, but maybe we should ask Sessha to elaborate before jumping to conclusions about someone who's never seen nor read the source material before.

MelisaArtemis

Quote from: Wolfy on September 06, 2018, 07:21:45 PM
Umm....@-@ Are there still open spots for this? :3

And when you say no Dragonslayer magic, I assume you also mean no God or Demon Slayer magic as well? o3o

Since the story hasn't actually gone anywhere yet... I think... yes we're still open. And yes, that would be a safe bet that slayer magics in general are not allowed ^^;

Levi

Quote from: MelisaArtemis on September 06, 2018, 09:37:36 PM
Since the story hasn't actually gone anywhere yet... I think... yes we're still open. And yes, that would be a safe bet that slayer magics in general are not allowed ^^;

What Melisa said!

Levi

Quote from: Sessha on September 06, 2018, 05:04:22 PM
Then in that case I would say maybe about a year and half. I was thinking about her being brought in to give the group some of kind A Rank Offensive power

Since nearly all of my mages are A class I don't think Jessica would deliberately look for someone it's not her style. She's more the smother with love type :)

Sessha

Quote from: Levi on September 06, 2018, 09:45:53 PM
Since nearly all of my mages are A class I don't think Jessica would deliberately look for someone it's not her style. She's more the smother with love type :)

Well despite her good nature Sera does look smoking hot in that bikini and jacket. So yeah if she got in because she got laid with the guild leader, eh who is she to complain?  ;D ;D ;D

Levi

Quote from: Sessha on September 06, 2018, 09:50:18 PM
Well despite her good nature Sera does look smoking hot in that bikini and jacket. So yeah if she got in because she got laid with the guild leader, eh who is she to complain?  ;D ;D ;D

Can't actually remember seeing the pic but I'll take your word for it! If she looks hot I'm sure Jessica would flirt to bring her to the guild. So if you can just up date the sheet with all the stuff we discussed I think we should be good to go.

Sessha

Quote from: Levi on September 06, 2018, 10:08:34 PM
Can't actually remember seeing the pic but I'll take your word for it! If she looks hot I'm sure Jessica would flirt to bring her to the guild. So if you can just up date the sheet with all the stuff we discussed I think we should be good to go.

Okay that's weird. I thought I put it in the description. Oh well here is it anyway.

Wolfy

Name
Cora Davis
Nickname
The Librarian
Age 21
Gender Female
Wizard Class A
Height5' 11"                              Weight 157
Eye colour Green                      Hair colour Black
Where is their guildmark? Left Cheek
Name of Magic Bibliophile
Details of magic
Bibliophile allows it's user to store and summon an endless amount of books. Cora's collection ranges from offensive, defensive, sealing and general utility magic, all stored within tomes that she can summon at will from extra dimensional space. She also has tomes of lore and information on various creatures, including summoning tomes to call forth creatures to fight for her.
Team N/A (For now)
Personality Lazy, yet intelligent. Cora has the air of a woman that likes to have a good time on her own terms, and her own terms usually means curled up in a nook with a book in hand. She's almost obsessive in the way that she devours knowledge whenever something new is presented to her, yet when it comes to work ethic she slacks off more than most. Her true potential shines whenever there's a desperate situation.
History
Ons/Off's
Ons: Oral giving and receiving, Vaginal, Titjobs, Threesomes, Foursomes, Moresomes.
Offs: Scat, Watersports, blood, bathroom play, etc.

(Going to finish this, just want to post up what I have so my magic can be worked on, cause I have a feeling it's too strong. xD)

MelisaArtemis

Quote from: Wolfy on September 06, 2018, 10:48:25 PM
Name
Hitomi Tanaka
Nickname
The Librarian
Age 21
Gender Female
Wizard Class S
Height5' 11"                              Weight 157
Eye colour Green                      Hair colour Black
Where is their guildmark? Left Cheek
Name of Magic Libra
Details of magic
Libra works in three ways. First, the user can manipulate paper and reinforce it in any way that they desire. They can both create paper and manipulate existing paper including restoring it back tfo it's original form if necessary. While the user can re-enforce said paper with mana to make it resistant to fire and water, it still can be burned or dowsed with sufficient attack strength.

The second way that Libra works is by creating books, specifically spell books. The user can copy spells onto paper that can then be sealed into books for later use, or even capture creatures for later release at the user's request. Capturing something requires covering them in paper, with each individual piece coming together to form a book of said creature. Information about said creature can be read from the book, as it functions as a normal book in any other hands aside from the Libra user, who can release the creature from the book. They do not, however, have any control over the creature that comes back out. Spells copied by the user are one use casts that can be employed to recreate the spell effect inscribed on the page.

The Third way Libra works is by allowing the user to Re-quip books much like one would re-quip arms and armor. Books are stored in an extra dimensional space to be called forward by the user.
Team N/A (For now)
Personality
History
One/Off's

(Going to finish this, just want to post up what I have so my magic can be worked on, cause I have a feeling it's too strong. xD)

Somewhat similar concept to the sisters from ROD: Read or Die and/or Dantalian from Dantalian no Shoka? Hmm... magic power aside, the name of the magic is kinda... I mean... I understand its "Libra" from "Library" but since we have a spirit key user and "Libra" is one of the major constellation, I think it's better to pick another name? I personally suggest "Bookkeeper"

Another issue I can tell is the magician rank. S rank is supposedly extremely rare and most of them are guild masters or has potential to be one. One of the reason Fairy Tail was called the strongest guild is that they are just about the only guild with multiple S rank mages. Considering the difficulty of attaining the rank, I think it is quite reasonable why FT is so special.

Which brings me to another thing to ponder: For an S rank, her magic is kinda... underwhelming. Sure, it has interesting concept (similar to Levi's magic, I think?) and potential to be incredibly strong with certain condition of her possibly having extremely strong beasts in her arsenal but it still quite underwhelming.

Also remember that demons and beast subjugation is a common request for guilds, that means that other than select few monsters (which usually so strong that the best even the strongest mages can do is seal them). Unless your character somehow manage to subjugate those beasts in one of her book somehow, I'd reckon her rank would be A at most.... Levi in the end of the story is an A rank and she's considered one of the strongest government official.

Another thing I forgot to mention: You'd notice that the naming custom in Fiore mostly follows western names (other than some exceptions who are most likely isn't native or descendant from non-natives). Added with your character appearance... the name just don't quite fit with the setting but that is up to the history you gonna cook up for her later :)

Wolfy

Well, I figured since no one else had taken an S-Rank mage, I would request for a spot. :3

As for her magic, it's versatility is where it shines. She can capture and store spells and creatures indefinitely, being the only on that can release them. Any creature captured by her magic is also instantly analyzed, with it's information appearing in the book that it's sealed within...and I don't think it's a stretch to say that she could seal demons or magical beasts with her magic.

The name change though is good. I'm thinking Cora Grace instead for a name, and Book-Keeper definitely works for her magic.

MelisaArtemis

well, it's up to Levi I guess... but remember that in canon, a strong as Natsu and Gray are, they are still A rank though I think they should qualify as S rank nearing the end of the story (Gray gaining the Demon Slayer Magic and all). the difference between S and A rank was shown to be like heaven and earth (Gildarts and Erza both owned Natsu in seconds when they fought)

I personally think it's better to stick A as the highest rank for guild members for now, maybe later on in the story, we can have an arc where members can try to S-rank?

Levi

@Sessha. Nice picture!

@wolfy a very interesting profile so far, I like where your going.

I think what Melisa said is valid and also it's a good idea for us to have some sort of goal after the immidate one of winning the grandmagic games so if you could change her rank to a.

@melisa great idea on the s rank trials, appreciate you pitching in when I'm not here :)

MelisaArtemis

@Wolfy Oh and if I may suggest ? I think it is better to have her a either an ex-quip user of magic books or a summoner type mage but not both?

The primary difference is simply whether she has 1 book or multiple.

A summoner would be something like Dearche (Material D) from Nanoha series in which she has a magic book which content consist of hundreds if not thousands of magic that she can summon at will simply by flipping to the proper page and read it.

Ex-quip would mean your character would be able to summon her collection of books from the subspace but each book would have to be about unique topic. Like... Book of beasts, book of demonic apparations, book of saords and so on. In that case, her ability to summon creatures / items would be power of the books themselves instead of her own (just like how Erza can switch armors and weapons according to the situation best fit for it but her magic is just a simple ex-quip magic)

Zaer Darkwail

Melissa has good suggestion; that Wolfy's char is magic tome user and just has power store and summon them (and her power or versatility increases based on acquiring new tomes/spellbooks). The magic of making paper hard/resilient is general utility magic which can be part of her innate magic (which would not suit for battles and such).

MelisaArtemis

This chapter in the manga showed what I mean:

spoiler because the characters are elementary and middle schoolers... Though it isn's NSFW

Levi

So with Wolfy and Sessha's characters incoming I'm not taking anymore mages for Peryton

However if anyone should be interested in playing any characters from other guilds either pm me or place a note here :)

1.fairy tail cannons are not allowed
2. No dragon slayer magic

Wolfy

Changed up her Name, Rank, and Magic...o3o Now I just need to finish her up.

Levi

Quote from: Wolfy on September 08, 2018, 12:47:56 AM
Changed up her Name, Rank, and Magic...o3o Now I just need to finish her up.

Awsome :)

Annie

Hi there! I have this character I made for another Fairy Tail game ages ago and never had a chance to use her in a group game:

Character Sheet: Eirena Godenhart

Eirena Godenhart, Female, C Rank Fairy Tail Member

~ Physical Info ~

Other pics (nsfw)

{Appearance}

Height: 5' 4"   Weight: 126 lb

A short-sighted, red haired girl, with blue eyes and a sweetly shy demeanor. She often carries some books tied to her belt, always ready to take notes or make a quick research about an important subject if necessary.

{Tattoo}
Right side of her neck.

~ Mentality ~

{Personality}
Eirena is very shy. She always speaks in a low tone and avoids to draw much attention to herself. Only exception is when she's lecturing or simply showing how much does she know about a certain subject. In times like these, she usually assumes a teacherly posture. Despite being as humble as she is, Eirena loves to be praised by her intelligence. Under this shell of shyness, a sweet, caring and romantic girl can be found, but it would take a lot to earn her trust.

Part of the reason behind this high guard and this extra shyness is the side effects of her entropic magic: Eirena is prone to have the most ridiculous accidents exposing her to very embarrassing situations. Her clothes gets thorn for little to no reason, people bump and fall over her in scandalous positions and so on. If there's a chance for something shameful to happen, it will happen to the poor girl.

Eirena does not partake in many of the Fairy Tail missions. She's not a fighter by any means and she's interested only in missions that offer the opportunity to use her intellect or make significant historical discoveries. But someone insistent enough can make her change her mind. Eirena has a hard time to say a 'no', specially if it is to help a fellow guild member.

When not in missions, Eirena usually can be found in the Fairy Tail small library. She loves books and researches and is always trying to learn something new.  When not in the library, she's training her swordplay. Eirena hates to exercise, but she found out that fencing could be an exception. Besides, it keeps her fit. However, her swordsmanship is just below average. She can't possibly win against someone in Ralena's level, for instance.

{Quirks}
{Phobias}
% Loves History and books.
The side effects of her entropic magic @
% She's a magnet for ecchi mishaps.
Be the center of attention @
% Encyclopedic knowledge

~ Ability Statistics ~

Proficiencies/Stats

Strength: D+
Agility: D+
Speed: C
Durability: D-
Senses: B-
Spirit:(Potency of Magic) A+
Intelligence: A+
Dexterity: C- (swords)

{Magic-Types}

Lost Magic: Entropy - a magic that allows its user to toy with the powers of chaos, probability and fate.

{Signature Spell}
Fair is Foul and Foul is Fair -
Type: Non-elemental / Offensive/Defensive
Range: any
Description: Eirena curses/blesses a person to have bad or good luck. This spell works by changing the probabilities of minor good/bad events happening around this person, to help/disturb him or her. Once she cast the spell, though, she had no control over the events. The effects won't last over an hour.
Class: A

{Spell List}
Name: Sensus Fragilitatis
Type: Non-elemental / Defensive
Range: close/mid range
Description: Eirena can sense where and how the chaos spreads in anything non-living, making it easy for her to identify a weak point on an object, for instance.
Class: C

Name: Acceleratio Chaos / Retardatus Chaos
Type: Non-elemental / Offensive/Defensive
Range:mid range
Description: Once she senses where the weakness resides, Eirena can command the chaos to hasten or slow its work. Machines can break, walls can crumble, wood can rot. The opposite works too: a machine would get more resistant to failures, for instance.
Class: B

Name: Fortuna in Sapientia
Type: Non-elemental
Range: n/a
Description: When going out on a mission, Eirena always choose some books to carry along with herself. By 'luck', those books often bring relevant information to her mission.
Class: B

{Non-magic Skills}
# Swordsmanship
# Historical and magical research
# Polyglot - including several runic languages used for magic

~ Personal Background ~

{Biography}

When Eirena was 10 years old, the only thing the Godenharts had was their name. Eirena's parents were bankrupt and did everything on their power to keep the image of a traditional, influential and, mainly, a rich family. From that time, Eirena's father always tried to arrange a marriage to his daughter that could save his family from poverty. The little Eirena had to grow up suffocated by her duties with her family. Her only friends were the books, where she learned her passion for history.

By the age of 15, the girl couldn't endure anymore and, incapable to confront her parents, she just ran away from home. Reaching the capital, Crocus, Eirena managed to get a job in a local library. By chance or destiny, she found out there a book with the history of her family's ancestor, a mighty mage called Bastus Godenhart. Bastus was one of the strongest mages of Fairy Tail and used a Lost Magic called Entropy. It was said he was the guild master for a brief, but prosperous moment.

The next year, Eirena researched all that she could about Bastus. Meanwhile, her magic powers awakened. Noticing those powers and eager to learn how to control them, Eirena tried to found any information about that Lost Magic. That's how she finally joined Fairy Tail a year later. Now, on the steps of her ancestor, Eirena finally found a true family.

I'll adjust her CS to the game and make a few necessary changes in her background (just change 'Fairy Tail' for 'Peryton', mostly). But I'd like to know if her magic skills are ok for this game, first!

Thanks!

“Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” - G. K. Chesterton

Levi

Hello!

Ok so I think she may be a tad to powerful.

What I'm thinking is if you combine Sensus Fragilitatis and Acceleratio Chaos into one spell and then add on some sort of backlash like with the fair foul spell you've said it won't last over an hour.

Also the main profile image looks a little young but some of the ones you've added in the spoiler look older so could I ask you to change the main image to one of those? like this one for example

MelisaArtemis

I actually think she's more than just "A tad too powerful"...

Luck manipulation by itself is already an extremely powerful magic (Just look at Marvel's Scarlet Witch from the original comic / cartoon or Yuuragi-sou no Yuna-san's Nakai)

I think there is a need to reduce the spell numbers and power. I think the best possible drawback of her magic would be somwthing like Nakai-san: Luck would bring Unluck and vice versa, the greater luck happening, the greater unluck would happen afterward.

There is also the swordmanship skill... C-rank don't usually able to fight if at all and it isn't matter of "doesn't like" or "won't". They are simply incapable of it for one reason or another, whether it's mental or physical disabilities.

ZameRagues

I would definitely be interested in playing a mage from a different guild, I have an idea for his magic already but I am curious on rather you'd allow Eye Magic?
Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

Zaer Darkwail

I agree power over luck falls to frobidden/lost magic category and is very potent. More so if there is taboo or just law when using said magic; bring happiness causes misfortune. A skilled user can direct where misfortune happens but it's not accurate as it works based on 'higher judgement' by whatever agency or force which oversees matters of luck, unluck and fate. Example you boost someone's luck so they survive and live from situation where they would had definately died without luck factor (there was nothing else or not even chance to survive), it will lead to someone's death in near future and it can be random. But overall it would follow laws of karma; meaning whoever dies is a person who magic user cares about. Or worst case magic user themselves dies as a cost of using such luck.

Overall interesting concept but hard to balance out properly without making luck power work like monkey's paw. Unless there is caveat instead one big hit the karma can be paid with multiple instances of bad luck and you cannot boost anyone's luck until 'debt is paid full'. Or learn technique how transfer the debt onto someone else (simply curse them) but laying down curses is complex and need done in short time window (and could be difficult but possible to do, like needing blood/hair sample from someone and build a wax doll of person's likeness to 'hex' them and keep doll intact until debt is paid).

Levi

Quote from: ZameRagues on September 10, 2018, 02:28:54 AM
I would definitely be interested in playing a mage from a different guild, I have an idea for his magic already but I am curious on rather you'd allow Eye Magic?

Could you expand on this please? It kinda depends what you want to do with it

Annie

Thanks for the feedback. I was planning to make this luck based magic work in a very subtle manner. This magic wouldn't alter crucial, life-death situations. It would be more like some small coincidences that could make life easier/hard. Think about leaving home on a sunny day and, when suddenly starts to rain, you happen to find an umbrella.

But reading your feedback made me realize that I would depend a lot from the players whose characters I choose to infuse with good/bad luck. I think it's better to come up with another concept, entirely.

“Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” - G. K. Chesterton

Wolfy

So for my character's magic I assume it's OK to have her books be able to float nearby? Like grimoire's from Black Clover. xD

Levi

Quote from: Wolfy on September 10, 2018, 05:48:37 PM
So for my character's magic I assume it's OK to have her books be able to float nearby? Like grimoire's from Black Clover. xD

Sure.

TheOneWhoWatches

I love the idea of rune magic and i was wondering if i would be allowed to use it, mainly focusing on Dark Écriture. I know that such things can be overpowered as the only restriction on rune magic is really the time to set the runes. so i wanted to ask before writing up a character.

Levi

Quote from: TheOneWhoWatches on November 05, 2018, 12:02:53 AM
I love the idea of rune magic and i was wondering if i would be allowed to use it, mainly focusing on Dark Écriture. I know that such things can be overpowered as the only restriction on rune magic is really the time to set the runes. so i wanted to ask before writing up a character.

I've pm'd you :)

TheOneWhoWatches

Name: Ken Odd (Mix of Japanese and Viking. Means ‘Word At the point of a Blade’)
[CenterNickname: Teach[/center]
Sexual Orientation:Bi-Sexual
Wizard Class:A in power, B in utilization
Height:6’4”.
Weight:238 LBS
Eye colour:Orange.
Hair colour:Bright Red with Yellow and Orange highlights
Where is their guildmark?: Throat
Name of Magic: Dark Écriture
Details of magic: Main Type, Caster Sub Types: Letter, Eye, He uses the runes to enhance his physical strength, speeds and durability. Beyond the physical enhancement he can use the runes for minor things. 
Team: Unknown
Personality: Fun, Flirty, Generally apathetic to politics. When on a job, or Teaching he becomes very serious.
History: Not much is known about Teach. He showed up on the scene during the two year break as a wandering mage. He still proudly wears the symbol of Grimore Heart. He travels around picking up independent jobs and joining tournaments to try and resurrect Grimoire Heart under a new name. “Black Heart” The man has an odd choice in fighting style. He is a swashbuckler, using a rapier for combat and a dagger for defence and writing his runes.
On/Off's Ons: Flirting, Damsel in Distress, Flexibility, BDSM
Offs: Scat, gore, mommy/daddy play, vomit, pissing.

Levi

You said in the pm about him using a sword? Could you include that in the history.

TheOneWhoWatches

Quote from: Levi on November 05, 2018, 11:11:16 AM
You said in the pm about him using a sword? Could you include that in the history.

done ^.^

MelisaArtemis

Umm... as far as BDSM is concerned... we're in the Light section of the forum though? So... unless it's consensual BDSM, it won't happen... I think?

TheOneWhoWatches

thats completely ok i can change it if need be

MelisaArtemis

I'm not saying that it CAN'T happen, it just have to be consensual ;)

TheOneWhoWatches

considering id prolly play him as a bedroom sub im ok with that

Levi

Welcome aboard I'll send you another pm with some info later :)

TheOneWhoWatches

TheBlackThrone

Are you guys looking for anymore players to join? I have been watching Fairy Tail recently and was feeling inspired. I read some where you guys are and I know you're involved in a Colosseum SL at the moment. If I am allowed to join, I was thinking that my character could just be in the audience watching the fights. It could lead to them to become interested in the guild.
The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Godsend

Levi

Hello!

That would actually be perfect! The guys are on one on one fights and one of the characters has tossed a coin to find an impartial judge of sorts. I was going to do an NPC post but if you want to jump on that with a character that would be awesome.

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Levi on November 12, 2018, 12:06:37 PM
Hello!

That would actually be perfect! The guys are on one on one fights and one of the characters has tossed a coin to find an impartial judge of sorts. I was going to do an NPC post but if you want to jump on that with a character that would be awesome.

I'll send you something shortly.  ;D
The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Godsend