The Scarlet Moon: A gothic horror Pathfinder adventure (reboot)

Started by Autocad, August 18, 2018, 04:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autocad

We already got Urgathoa and Sarenrae covered, no more inquisitors, sorry.

indarkestknight

Not that I plan on playing an Inquisitor, I'm still set on playing a Summoner, but... if I may, an Inquisitor of Pharasma or any divinity that loathes undead doesn't seem like it would be too out of place.

Autocad

Naughty Miss Adventure

Ons & Offs (last updated: 15.08.21)
Absences & Apologies (back after a near year-long absence!)
Current Status: Not Accepting New Games; Muse: Erratic

Visit Eridor, where the Black Gate has been opened! (Long-term D&D 5e project)
Visit Carla at The Breeding House of Vinicus

Madam Striga

Shameless sloot as I am for system games, might I join on this?

ChaoticSky

Quote from: indarkestknight on August 21, 2018, 11:13:05 PM
Not that I plan on playing an Inquisitor, I'm still set on playing a Summoner, but... if I may, an Inquisitor of Pharasma or any divinity that loathes undead doesn't seem like it would be too out of place.
Actually it kinda would, wouldnt it?

Thats like playing a paladin of Iomedae in a place that workships demons. Its undead town, where undead are people too and your not allowed to casually murder (remurder? unundeath?) them.

Conversely a devote follower of Pharasma, aka miss-hates-the-undead, would be compelled to try and lay them all to rest. At best youd be branded a troublemaker (like followers of hardcore good deities are in morally grey places like Kaer Maga), at worse youll get tossed out on your ass, taken out back and shanked, or piss off your own patron for accepting the existence of undead. Its worth noting that we are (as i understand it) going to be playing inside the city, so playing a character whos core motivation is to burn the entire place to the ground and salt the earth is probably not going to be ideal.

Better i think, to play someone whos going to be able to get along with the undead without frothing at the mouth.

I assume thats why that other person is playing Sarenrae... shes holy and light and anti-undead, but compassion is her primary motivation, and is capable of accepting the existence of good undead, or prioritizing something other than stabbing half the population of the city in the name of a greater good. For Pharasma, there is no greater evil (including murders) than the undead themselves, and she would expect her faithful to purge the undead to the fullest extent they can, rather than solving the city's problem.

But thats just what occurs to me. This isnt just a game where we have to fight undead, its a game where we have to co-exist with undead as well.

Autocad

QuoteAuto, would it be permissible to use the fractional base bonuses?
Yes.

QuoteShameless sloot as I am for system games, might I join on this?
Yes, this is open Phantom-style.

OOC thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=292358.0
IC thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=292359.0

If you have a completed character you can start socializing. Posting deadlines aren't in effect yet, so no pressure.

PhantomPistoleer

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Conundrum

If I have not responded to a post in 4 days, send me a PM as I may have missed it.

Madam Striga

I might roll up someone who is cursed, or has believed s/he has been cursed and is acting accordingly.

indarkestknight

Quote from: Zoastria on August 23, 2018, 02:54:28 AM
I might roll up someone who is cursed, or has believed s/he has been cursed and is acting accordingly.

If only there was a class with a curse baked in...

*whistles innocently, walking away from that pile of curses I definitely did not just leave lying around*

Madam Striga

Quote from: indarkestknight on August 23, 2018, 03:08:51 AM
If only there was a class with a curse baked in...

*whistles innocently, walking away from that pile of curses I definitely did not just leave lying around*

Gee. I wonder who left this here.

Roleplay Frog

I dun get what this is about curses. I just want to smash butt and spank undead. *nodnod*

hold on..

Madam Striga

Quote from: Roleplay Frog on August 23, 2018, 06:48:30 AM
I dun get what this is about curses. I just want to smash butt and spank undead. *nodnod*

hold on..

Lood

LtFox

So I'm thinking of going for a rather facepunch-y bloodrager/magus, with some decent arcane support baked in.

Unless we're short on full casters?  In which case I could go for a damage Sorcerer.
O/O

In Sword, Truth.

Madam Striga

I think I'm gonna build my Oracle more towards Healing ;a; I might give her a single multiclass level in fighter but not sure yet.

Roleplay Frog

I think a healthy bunch of healers ain't a bad idea, for one, my Skald would work by buffing -all- healing, for two, worst case you can always use area effect heals to do double duty against the undead as well.

Conundrum

Sislas Dundalan
Neutral Evil Male Human Cleric of Urgathoa 6
Background Skills: Linguistics 6 ranks, Knowledge (History) 6 ranks

Background:The child of a fleshcrafter and a jeweler, his mother came to Urgasburg  as her art was not respected elsewhere while his father fled charges of treason against a far away land due to some misunderstanding of a ring and a poisoning.  With both parents practicing a skill with significant worth Sislas had a privileged upbringing compared to many and never needed to fear the long nights when shadows stretched long over the streets.  To him the undead were friends, or at worst tools as the unintelligent ones were to him.  He received good schooling and while far from the best at his lessons he did take in particular to the religious learnings.

Skilled with languages, history, and devout in belief for their patron he apprenticed with clerics of Urgasburg and aided those new to the city or from far off lands.  Far from the most skilled orators his ablity to see into the desires of others and read them made him an apt choice as a more personal cleric speaking to individuals and finding how to bring them closer to Urgathoa.  While he enjoyed these personal talks and went easily from apprenticing to a junior cleric Sislas still felt he could always do more.  Many of those who came to him to speak privately of their fears spoke of the undead who would consume the flesh of those who were caught outside as the moon stood in the sky. 

To aid the servants of Urathoa Sislas took up not only the clothe but the scythe as well to enforce the laws of his matron on any who would forget their place before her.  Aiding the Peacekeepers and using the divine magics granted to him he protected her people, both the living and the dead.  Since the rise of the Scarlet Moon he has been grateful for his time in practicing this as the Peacekeepers become stretched thin by the malcontents who believe they know the will of Urgathoa greater than her clerics.  Her words are silent to him now as Sislas prays but every day he spells are granted to him be her and that is proof enough she still approves of his actions.  Unlike others he does not seek her words, knowing she will speak when she decides to, until that time though he will force the blasphemers of the city to repent before the sigil inscribed upon his blade.
If I have not responded to a post in 4 days, send me a PM as I may have missed it.

Autocad

Quote from: indarkestknight on August 23, 2018, 09:04:13 PM
What level should we expect play to go to?

Up to level 15, if we get that far. I will be leveling up the party extremely fast, though.

Madam Striga

NEUTRAL GOOD ● FEMALE ● HALF-ELF ● ORACLE: 6 (DIVINE HERBALIST)

Background Skills: Herbalist 6, Animal Handling 6

Countenance: A scrawny woman, Vasodel appears in a constant state of tiredness with heavy bags beneath her eyes and flecks of grey in her otherwise dark hair - which even her Elven blood has not managed to counteract. She also has a slight pallor to her otherwise tanned skin. Vasodel has hazel coloured eyes. Her figure is slight, barely curved, and possesses an androgynous quality about it. The accenting of her feminine features is not helped by her penchant for dark, baggy clothing or robes that is generally ill-tailored. She carries a holy symbol around her neck, which seems to be made from the sigils of many gods and goddesses, rather than just one.

Demeanor: An earnest and hardworking woman, who professes to have been brought up on a farm by her Elven mother and human father - despite their fracturing relationship. She had a relatively "normal" childhood, which she thanks in passing for happy memories, of rearing lambs and studying with the local herbalist, to support her when times get difficult. Vasodel is a kind soul, but she is trapped in a body that has been burdened with a "gift" from the gods. Her nights are filled with nightmares, her stressful days brimming with unhappy encounters - being "blessed" with the ailment of spewing words in foreign tongues under pressure has not helped her social life. Vasodel errs pragmatic, but wants to do right by the common people she encounters and by the gods that turned their eyes on her. She may have been cursed, but at least it gives her the ability to help others. An attitude it is not easy to maintain.

Rumours: Was outcast by her village when her curse was discovered (unconfirmed), is fond of sweets (unconfirmed, spent several years as part of a cult trying to find her place as a oracle (unconfirmed), was the product of an unhappy relationship (confirmed), once encountered an Elven duke who mistook her for his late whore (uncomfirmed)

Character Ons: Vanilla, hand-holding, oral sex, tantric sex, romance, intelligence, intimacy, light spanking

Player Ons: Bondage, cum play, anal, monsters, NC, rough sex, hair pulling, slapping, humiliation

Offs: Vore, Scat, Snuff, Gore & sex mixing

PhantomPistoleer

Awwr.  I want my character to be nice to your character, Zo.

They can become best friends who eat at vegan-only restaurants and dabble at microbrewing while living in a liberal town.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Madam Striga

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on August 24, 2018, 02:13:31 PM
Awwr.  I want my character to be nice to your character, Zo.

They can become best friends who eat at vegan-only restaurants and dabble at microbrewing while living in a liberal town.

*squints mistrustfully*

Roleplay Frog

QuoteCharacter Ons: Vanilla, hand-holding, oral sex, tantric sex, romance, intelligence, intimacy, light spanking

Player Ons: Bondage, cum play, anal, monsters, NC, rough sex, hair pulling, slapping, humiliation

I sense a disconnection.
.. also wonder if I should'a done the on off thingie too.

Conundrum

Quote from: Roleplay Frog on August 24, 2018, 03:27:31 PM
I sense a disconnection.
.. also wonder if I should'a done the on off thingie too.

Sometimes people like to play a character way kinkier than they are.