The Curse of Millersborough -- Villagers Win!

Started by Remiel, January 10, 2018, 04:41:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rummy Tum Tum

Okay, so who's the constable then? Tell us who you arrested and be vindicated.

Imogen

Quote from: Rummy Tum Tum on January 13, 2018, 12:53:15 AM

-She eyes Rummy- That is a joke, right? The constable is only protected by anonymity. Exposing themselves when their own life is not at risk will only make the evildoers choice easy once the sun goes down.

[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Mintprincess

Quote from: Madame Professor on January 13, 2018, 12:44:58 AM
That would seem to be the case. I’m not sure that a kill free evening could happen any other way. Right?
well. If they decided to bite someone night one there would also be no death :/

I agree with Imogen that publicly exposing oneself would be risky at this early stage.

Blythe

The constable should absolutely not reveal themselves before the public of Millersborough at this time. That would be a massive mistake. They would surely be killed or taken by the vampires for sure.

Rummy Tum Tum

I have never told a joke in my life. We could take one of those vamps out with ease. And I have someone I need to protect, as I'm sure you do. But fine, build your case, warden. I'll have my eye on you (and by you I mean everyone)

Trieste

I mean, I spent all night in the library reading Bram Stoker for clues and other than a dreamy accent, I'm not sure how we'd even recognize anyone.

Rummy Tum Tum

Their accents are dreamy, aren't they? I wonder if it's a side effect of getting bit?

SithLordOfSnark

The curse is a lie. Nobody died. We can all go home.
Always looking for roleplays, just keep in mind that I' m not a fast poster.

On's & Off's | Request Thread | A & A

Buffy the Vampire Slayer CYOA |
Eternal Nights (VtM) Interest Check  | Buffy: After the End Interest Check

Blythe

You watch, Sith, tonight a vampire'll prolly come out and be like

T_T

Rummy Tum Tum

Blythe

Ah, the problem we run into about no deaths on the first night. No information to go on. Which is bad. But all those on team villager are alive so far which is great.

Rummy, I admit that your curious insistence on asking for the constable to be reaveled is...interesting. Normally I'd think this makes you a vampire since clearly it's one of the special roles they want gone, along with the Hunter and Zealot.

But I'm going to hazard you might be the mad scientist; you seem to be trying to get yourself lynched by asking for information that vampires would patently want. Which a vampire wouldn't do. So while I was initially tempted to vote for you, I don't think I will right now.

Which means I have to vote at random. Someone's got to, in order to get the ball rolling.

Keep in mind I honestly have no idea who's guilty or not, so I'm picking a name at random: Mintprincess, because Dracula would be attracted to princesses and would therefore convert a princess? I don't know, I honestly got nothing, but we gotta vote for someone. >_<

yugi006

Quote from: Rummy Tum Tum on January 13, 2018, 12:53:15 AM

Quote from: Imogen on January 13, 2018, 01:13:44 AM
-She eyes Rummy- That is a joke, right? The constable is only protected by anonymity. Exposing themselves when their own life is not at risk will only make the evildoers choice easy once the sun goes down.

Especially since the a constable cannot protect him or herself.

Quote from: Blythe on January 12, 2018, 11:12:43 PM
I really hope this doesn't mean Dracula turned someone. I hope this means the Constable protected somebody.

I hope this is he case and that the minion or mad scientist wasn't protected.

Rummy Tum Tum

Quote from: Blythe on January 13, 2018, 01:58:04 AM
Ah, the problem we run into about no deaths on the first night. No information to go on. Which is bad. But all those on team villager are alive so far which is great.

Rummy, I admit that your curious insistence on asking for the constable to be reaveled is...interesting. Normally I'd think this makes you a vampire since clearly it's one of the special roles they want gone, along with the Hunter and Zealot.

But I'm going to hazard you might be the mad scientist; you seem to be trying to get yourself lynched by asking for information that vampires would patently want. Which a vampire wouldn't do. So while I was initially tempted to vote for you, I don't think I will right now.

Which means I have to vote at random. Someone's got to, in order to get the ball rolling.

Keep in mind I honestly have no idea who's guilty or not, so I'm picking a name at random: Mintprincess, because Dracula would be attracted to princesses and would therefore convert a princess? I don't know, I honestly got nothing, but we gotta vote for someone. >_<

If that's what it takes to not get hanged by you, then I'll roll with it. I'll be holding my vote for a bit though. All I have to go on are some jokes so far.

Quote from: yugi006 on January 13, 2018, 02:01:00 AM
I hope this is he case and that the minion or mad scientist wasn't protected.

What happens if a minion or mad scientist is protected? Or is that just a general hope?

Imogen

She nodded at Blythe, finding merit in his reasoning.

"Perhaps you are right... If Rummy is guilty of nothing more than a potential death wish, we still have two possibilities of what may have transpired last night. Either the constable protected the vampires' intended target, or they have chosen to turn someone and increase their numbers."

"If the vampires attacked and failed, we have almost no information as to who they might be," she mused. "But I also think that it would have been sound reasoning for them to try and turn someone. Not only does that reduce the risk of being voted on, but it offers a one in three chance of also removing the zealot, hunter or constable.

"If they picked that option and chose someone randomly, we still have no information....  but IF they chose to add one to their numbers and made a strategic choice, the Mayor would be their best bet. Choosing the Mayor would have the perk that they a. gain someone who already has a smidgen of established trust and b. will gain the tiebreaker in their ranks, which means they'll need fewer numbers to survive if we end up accusing one of theirs. For that reason, my vote goes to the Mayor, which means Ket."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Trieste

I am so not down with lynching the local party animal, Imogen.

Rummy Tum Tum

Hm, seeing as Imogen and Blythe seem to be the most forthright and logical so far, I'm gonna have to take note of the one trying to silence one of them. But I'll vote the most logical choice, Ket. If our mayor's been turned, we're screwed.

Trieste

And after we bonded over accents.  :'(

Rummy Tum Tum

Hey, at least I didn't vote for you :P

SithLordOfSnark

I'm holding my vote for the moment. I don't have enough information to lynch someone at random.
Always looking for roleplays, just keep in mind that I' m not a fast poster.

On's & Off's | Request Thread | A & A

Buffy the Vampire Slayer CYOA |
Eternal Nights (VtM) Interest Check  | Buffy: After the End Interest Check

Remiel

Votes So Far:

Ket: 2 (Imogen, Rummy)
Mintprincess: 1 (Blythe)
Imogen: 1 (Trieste)

Yet to Vote: Yugi, Madame Professor, Mintprincess, Lynnie, NightOwl, SithLord, Scott, Ket

yugi006

Quote from: Rummy Tum Tum on January 13, 2018, 02:08:34 AM
What happens if a minion or mad scientist is protected? Or is that just a general hope?

Nothing but it would be better if they were turned or dead cause the minion when viewed by the vampire hunter he or she sees them as innocent and the mad scientist only wins when lynched during the and also gets to kill someone if that happens.

Ket

Really? You vote me mayor one day, and because nobody dies in the night, all of a sudden it's my fault and you'll vote to lynch me the next day? Talk about mercurial.

No one died. And as you've all said, there are two options. Either the vampires decided turned someone (and they sure as heck didn't turn me!), or the constable protected the person the vampires intended to kill.

All I can say is that I was most definitely not turned, and that right now it's quite difficult to come to any specific conclusion. I'm not a vampire, I wasn't turned into a vampire, and I can assure you that killing me would not be in the town's best interest. At all.

I have no idea who the vampires are, so I'm randomly picking a name out of the hat. And that name is NightOwl

Edit: No, strike that. I'm not voting for NightOwl. I need to think on this a little more.
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

Madame Professor

I completely forgot Dracula could turn someone. So that is also a possibility and, I think, more likely. Increasing their numbers makes it easier for them to accomplish their goal.

We have pretty much zero information, except for Rummy acting a bit suspicious calling the Constable out. So this is a difficult decision for the village.

I can understand the logic behind turning the mayor. However, the mayor’s vote only comes into play if we have a tie. And being Mayor tends to paint a big target on the player’s back, from both sides. The considerable lack of information makes this difficult...
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Ket

Quote from: Rummy Tum Tum on January 13, 2018, 01:24:03 AM
I have never told a joke in my life. We could take one of those vamps out with ease. And I have someone I need to protect, as I'm sure you do. But fine, build your case, warden. I'll have my eye on you (and by you I mean everyone)

This sentence right here makes me very suspicious. I'm changing my vote to Rummy Tum Tum.
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

Rummy Tum Tum

What? That's not suspicious at all. You should feel empathy after hearing that if nothing else. This just bolsters my vote against you.