[Closed]Boarding School Confidential [GBLTQA friendly game, Sandbox]

Started by undisclosedtoyou, July 09, 2012, 07:00:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

undisclosedtoyou

Boarding School Confidential

Chatter Thread  ::  Plot Talk  ::  Character Thread

Summer Crest American school in Switzerland is the most prestigious boarding school in the world.  It's undeniable that only the cream of the crop can attend, considering how high the tuition is.  But the school isn't just the playground of the rich and influential, it's also the only known school to accept supernatural creatures in the world.  The waiting list to get in is so long that there's automatically a two year waiting period, but for those who are accepted, they'll find an education rivaled by none other.

But something new is coming to Summer Crest, something never before done at the school.  For the first time, the senior class will be required to participate in a pen pal program.  The program is completely confidential, and even the students won't know who they're writing to.  But what the teachers and school board isn't aware of, is the possible drama that this program could bring.  It's a good thing the students need some shaking up, or this could all end in disaster.

This game is a GBLTQA friendly, and it is highly encouraged to make such a character.

So the premise for this game is a light, easy game that revolves around the senior class at Summer Crest.  Said students will be randomly partnered up with another student to write to.  IC they will not know who the other person is, and they're under contract to not reveal their identities, although it's possible to ascertain who the person is by the content of the letters. 

The school itself is American, although it's located in Switzerland. They do accept students from other parts of the world, although said students must speak/understand English.  There will be a mix of human and monster characters, and all students are required to not reveal another students identity to anyone not affiliated with the school itself. 

Although the game will revolve around the pen pal program, there will be IC threads for characters to interact with each other.  This game will be freeform, and lean heavily towards a sandbox game, where the characters actions shape where the game will head.  There will be a lot of sex, so if that makes you uncomfortable, than this may not be the game for you.  The accepted character ages will be 17/18, and we'll be following a stricter character creation process than what you all may be normally used to.

If you are interested, and wish to create a character, you'll be given a list's of options to choose from, and you'll have to choose one option from each list.  These options are for flavor, and to help inspire your character creation process, and you are free to build upon them in any way you choose.  That being said, I'll of course be here to help you, so that said characters remain compatible for this game.  After the list's you'll find a character sheet you'll need to submit.  The sheet itself will be short, and it'll just give me an idea of what character you'd like to have.  There will be another, much more in depth character sheet for you to fill out, once you've been accepted.  Once an option in the character type list is taken, nobody else may use it.

Character Type

The Jock - 1/2

The Jock excels in anything sports related, and was recruited for that purpose alone.  Said character may not be the brightest student, but is overall a well liked individual.

The Scientist - 1/2

The Scientist excels in all things related to science.  They're already well known in the fair circuit, and can cook up anything in the school's labs.

The Outcast - 1/2

The Outcast isn't the most welcomed of students at Summer Crest, but is incredibly talented with anything technological. 

The Artist - 2/2

The Artist is obviously the most artistic student at the school.  They are incredibly talented, and has already had some success selling their work.

The Drama Queen - 1/1

Despite the term "Queen" being used, this spot can go to a male or female character.  Everyone knows that anywhere the Drama Queen goes, something interesting will happen. 

The Musical Prodigy - 1/1

The Musical Prodigy can play any instrument, and is incredibly talented.  They can play any song by hearing it alone, and has been able to do so since a very young age.

The party Animal - 1/1

The Party Animal loves a good time, and is known for their kick ass parties.

The Ruler - 1/1

The Ruler is the most popular student at the school, and although they may not be liked by everyone, nobody can say that the Ruler isn't the most talked about student at Summer Crest.

The Editor and Chief 1/1

The Editor and Chief is the editor and chief of the schools newspaper, and is always on the lookout for a juicy story.

The Reporter - 0/2

The reporter is known around the school as always looking for a good story.  They are hip to what's going on, and if one want's information, they'd definitely have it for you.

The Romantic - 1/1

The Romantic believes that true love can conquer all, and is seen as being a little naive by their peers.

The Bully 3/3

The Bully is the tormentor of the school.  They may or may not have hidden reasons for being this way, but it's undeniable that this character type is feared by some, and disliked by others.

Species

The numbers next to these options show how many of each species we have so far.

Vampire - 2

Vampires are mythological or folkloric beings who subsist by feeding on the life essence (generally in the form of blood) of living creatures, regardless of whether they are undead or a living person/being.

Werewolf - 3

A werewolf, also known as a lycanthrope is a mythological or folkloric human with the ability to shapeshift into a wolf or an anthropomorphic wolf-like creature.

Mummy

Mummies are the preserved corpses of the dead, raised by Necromancy for various reasons. They are unique in that they give death curses to whatever being kills them.

Frankenstein - 1

The first Frankenstein monster may have been made in a lab, but now they can reproduce, and their off spring are known for their greenish skin, and their gray tinted hair.

Zombie

A zombie is an animated dead body.  They are strictly carnivores, and prefer raw over cooked meat.

Demon - 2

A demon is a hell monster, who mainly dwell in a hellish realm separated from the one humans live on, and only come into this realm to hunt, or for entertainment.

Witches - 1

Witches can be male or female.  They look like regular humans, but they can use magic in the form of spells and ritualistic ceremonies.

Invisible folk - 1

Invisible folk are created in a lab, when they were given a serum that changed their genetic code, and gave them the ability to become completely invisible.

Fey folk - 2

The Fey folk are known to be prone to a high level of magic use, are known for their skill in seduction, have a slender build, are physically weak, and are more powerful in the wild, than in cities.

Humans - 1

Regular humans cannot use magic.

Summer Crest Application Form

Played by:
Character Name:
Sexuality:
Character Type:
Species:
Short Description: (Words, pictures can be submitted in the final character sheet.)
Short Blurb: (personality, history will be submitted in the final character sheet.)

[center][font=georgia][b]Summer Crest Application Form[/b][/font][/center]

[b]Played by:[/b]
[b]Character Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b] (17/18)
[b]Sexuality:[/b]
[b]Character Type:[/b]
[b]Species:[/b]
[b]Short Description:[/b]
[b]Short Blurb:[/b]
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Karasu

so would we post these sheets here for review or in PM?
Removed, due to vandalism.

undisclosedtoyou

They can be posted here or via PM, whichever you like, sweets.
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Karasu

Played by: Karasu
Character Name: Yunoki D'Oro
Sexuality: Bi-curiious
Character Type: The Musical Prodigy
Species: Witch
Short Description: Dark indigo hair just graces his shoulders with pale skin and sweet amber-fire eyes.
Short Blurb: Musically gifted since the time he was born, Yunoki D'Oro showed this talent at school, which was what ultimately got him into Summer Crest. Socially awkward unless he's talking specifically about music he tend to favor the Violin and Flute or Ancient Japanese instruments such as the Shamisen and Shinobue. He personally thinks this new pen pal system is a bit awkward but decides to give it a try, especially since his social life was rather rotten due to his near constant practicing.

Rather short description but I rather suck at making those it seems XD

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Karasu on July 09, 2012, 07:16:10 PM

Played by: Karasu
Character Name: Illena D'Oro
Sexuality: Bi-curiious
Character Type: The Musical Prodigy
Species: Witch
Short Description:  http://static.zerochan.net/La.Corda.D%27Oro.full.56420.jpg
Short Blurb: Musically gifted since the time she was born, Illena D'Oro showed this talent at school, which was what ultimately got her into Summer Crest. Socially awkward unless she's talking specifically about music she tend to favor the Violin and Flute or Ancient Japanese instruments such as the Shamisen and Shinobue. She personally thinks this new pen pal system is a bit awkward but decides to give it a try, especially since her social life was rather rotten due to her near constant practicing.

How's this?

It's great Kara!  The only thing is that I'm calling for a written description for now, you'll be able to submit a picture later on.  Also, the link itself doesn't work, you'll have to use the share link, for that image on that site.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Karasu

must be your browser cause it works fine for me. XD

and that's alright lemme edit and write the physical ^^

undisclosedtoyou

I don't think it's my browser, it says:

QuoteHosted on Zerochan.net

Use the share link provided instead. 

O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Karasu

really I clicke it and it came up fine for me.. Basically it's the lead girl from La Corda D'Oro. It's an Anime XD She's the red head girl what plays the vilolin

Best anime ever XD

undisclosedtoyou

I dunno, but when you go to insert the image in the final sheet, can you put in another link? 

But yesh, the character works wonderfully for the game! 

Do you have any questions about the game?
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

MzHyde

Played by:MzHyde
Character Name:Francine "Franny" Stein
Sexuality: Bisexual
Character Type: The Scientist
Species:Frankenstein's Monster
Short Description: Just pale on her best days and sickly green on most, her skin tone and number of stitches gives away her make in a heartbeat. Not that many of the creatures around here actually have one of those. Her hair, thankfully, doesn't look like she tongue-fucked an electrical socket, though she does have the 'trademark' colors of black with white stripes down the sides. Her hair is shorter, hanging around her shoulders unless she's got it gathered up into a ponytail. Static electricity still poses a frizzy problem though. Her limbs look sewn on (and they are) though thankfully they don't tend to up and fall off that often. Her eyes (she got a matching set) are brown. Franny often dresses like a punk, in ragged, dirty jeans or t-shirts with crude slogans, making it all the harder to guess that she's a scientific wunderkind.
Short Blurb: Well, it's hard not to be good with science when you were created just to spit in God's eye. She has a knack for all things scientific, partially out of inherent talent, partially out of a need to keep herself alive. These bodies aren't that sturdy sometimes, y'know. Why a girl might just go to pieces! If it wasn't clear by her dress, she takes the punk rock attitude. She can be crass or snarky, even when she's in the lab cooking something up. It's all in good fun, though. Franny rarely means any harm.

undisclosedtoyou

Accepted!

I like your Frankenstein monster MzHyde.  So far, we've got a great cast of characters.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Karasu

I'll host the picture on my photobucket so it'll wok no problem ^^

Otherwise the game seems pretty cut and dry. makes for a lovely mystery as well.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Karasu on July 09, 2012, 08:21:41 PM
I'll host the picture on my photobucket so it'll wok no problem ^^

Otherwise the game seems pretty cut and dry. makes for a lovely mystery as well.

Great! 

Now I'm debating with making the pen pal partners confidential IC and OOC, or only IC.  If I made it so that nobody knew who was partnered up both IC and OOC, than everyone would submit their letters to me, and than I'd post them in threads for people to read.  Or if it's only IC that people don't know, they'd post their letters themselves.

Opinions?
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Starlequin

This sounds fun! But what kind of posting rate will you be expecting?
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Starlequin on July 09, 2012, 09:58:36 PM
This sounds fun! But what kind of posting rate will you be expecting?

Slow, lol.  To be honest, it'll be the letter writing that is the emphasis, so that can go at least once a week.  The IC threads for interaction are just for flavor, so I'm not thinking they'll go too fast.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Starlequin

Hm, alrighty. Are the species limited to one each like the character types, or might there be multiple vamps / weres / humans / whatevers? And when the Outcast is described as good with technology, does that mean sci-fi stuff like transformation rays and teleporters, or more mundane gadgetry like robotic toys and hidden cameras? (Why yes, I am having all manner of naughty ideas, thank you!)  :P
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Starlequin on July 09, 2012, 10:26:48 PM
Hm, alrighty. Are the species limited to one each like the character types, or might there be multiple vamps / weres / humans / whatevers? And when the Outcast is described as good with technology, does that mean sci-fi stuff like transformation rays and teleporters, or more mundane gadgetry like robotic toys and hidden cameras? (Why yes, I am having all manner of naughty ideas, thank you!)  :P

No, species aren't limited to one in a game; so it's possible to have more than one, but I'd prefer there be not too many of one kind.  I'm going to say more mundane things.  Although I'll be flexible with it.  If it can be explained in a realistic way, than I'm good with going a little sci-fi, with the exception of big things, like time travel.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Thrasius

I like the idea! You can put me down as interested. I will begin making a character!  :-)

undisclosedtoyou

O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

GaGa88

Played by: GaGa88
Character Name: Vivienne Hastings
Character Type: The Drama Queen
Species: Human
Short Description: Vivienne has almost waist-length dark brown hair, chocolate brown eyes, a flawless and sun-kissed complexion, and stands at 5'6. She has a body that most girls her age would kill for, slim yet curvaceous, having fully developed a couple years before. Her long legs usually end with heels and it's rare for her to be seen in jeans. Even when she's not required to be in the school's uniform.
Short Blurb: Being the youngest in an American political dynasty that rivals the Kennedy family isn't easy, there is a lot of pressure so Vivienne plays the part of the sometimes ditzy drama queen to deflect some of the pressure from herself and onto other members of her family. She rarely shows her intelligence, opting to play dumb and acting like the epitome of her generation.

If you need me to add or change anything ...just let me know!
You took my sadness out of context
At the Mariner's apartment complex
I ain't no candle in the wind
I'm the bolt, the lightning, the thunder
Kind of girl who's gonna make you wonder
Who you are and who you been.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: GaGa88 on July 10, 2012, 12:48:56 AM

Played by: GaGa88
Character Name: Vivienne Hastings
Character Type: The Drama Queen
Species: Human
Short Description: Vivienne has almost waist-length dark brown hair, chocolate brown eyes, a flawless and sun-kissed complexion, and stands at 5'6. She has a body that most girls her age would kill for, slim yet curvaceous, having fully developed a couple years before. Her long legs usually end with heels and it's rare for her to be seen in jeans. Even when she's not required to be in the school's uniform.
Short Blurb: Being the youngest in an American political dynasty that rivals the Kennedy family isn't easy, there is a lot of pressure so Vivienne plays the part of the sometimes ditzy drama queen to deflect some of the pressure from herself and onto other members of her family. She rarely shows her intelligence, opting to play dumb and acting like the epitome of her generation.

If you need me to add or change anything ...just let me know!

Accepted!

She's great!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Kaisude

Played by: Kaisude
Character Name: Rafael Labeau
Sexuality: Straight
Character Type: The Jock
Species: Werewolf
Short Description: Rafeal is a tall athletically built guy. Though he isn't cut or a vein bulging roidster either. His hair is long(Like should blade length,) and dreaded. Though it is black it has been said that some have seen small shades of red. His heritage leaves looking rather tan with small olive glow at night. He always tries to be comfortable at all times, and so as long at it works well together Rafeal has no real preference in clothes.
Short Blurb: As one of the most athletically talented kids in the school Rafeal is full of himself, and thinks little of what others have to say. He isn't a mean spirited person, but he is very blunt as well not afraid to say what he feels either. Respectable to women on most occasions, but tends to walks the friendly boundary of flirting, and being inappropriate.

Nadir

Played by: Dim Hon
Character Name: Nadir Dracul
Sexuality: Asexual
Character Type: The Ruler
Species: Vampire
Short Description: Long, straight, dark auburn hair that reaches his lower back, usually plaited. Dark eyes that look black but are actually a very deep red. Tall and slender, he's almost six foot tall. Naturally black nails. He has scars at his mouth, clavicles and wrists - the ones at his mouth are faint but the others are deep and savage and only a few months old. 
Short Blurb: Nadir is from one of the most prestigious lines of vampire, and conducts himself as such. Cool and aloof but charming and easy to talk to, he is a seducer to the bone. He might have little interest in being sexual, but he has no qualms about using it to get what he truly desires. Few people are close to him and he reveals very little about himself, highly private but so casual about it few realise.   

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Kaisude on July 10, 2012, 03:18:04 AM

Played by: Kaisude
Character Name: Rafael Labeau
Sexuality: Straight
Character Type: The Jock
Species: Werewolf
Short Description: Rafeal is a tall athletically built guy. Though he isn't cut or a vein bulging roidster either. His hair is long(Like should blade length,) and dreaded. Though it is black it has been said that some have seen small shades of red. His heritage leaves looking rather tan with small olive glow at night. He always tries to be comfortable at all times, and so as long at it works well together Rafeal has no real preference in clothes.
Short Blurb: As one of the most athletically talented kids in the school Rafeal is full of himself, and thinks little of what others have to say. He isn't a mean spirited person, but he is very blunt as well not afraid to say what he feels either. Respectable to women on most occasions, but tends to walks the friendly boundary of flirting, and being inappropriate.

He's great, and accepted!

Quote from: Dim Hon on July 10, 2012, 03:26:52 AM

Played by: Dim Hon
Character Name: Nadir Dracul
Sexuality: Asexual
Character Type: The Ruler
Species: Vampire
Short Description: Long, straight, dark auburn hair that reaches his lower back, usually plaited. Dark eyes that look black but are actually a very deep red. Tall and slender, he's almost six foot tall. Naturally black nails. He has scars at his mouth, clavicles and wrists - the ones at his mouth are faint but the others are deep and savage and only a few months old. 
Short Blurb: Nadir is from one of the most prestigious lines of vampire, and conducts himself as such. Cool and aloof but charming and easy to talk to, he is a seducer to the bone. He might have little interest in being sexual, but he has no qualms about using it to get what he truly desires. Few people are close to him and he reveals very little about himself, highly private but so casual about it few realise.   

Already a given that I love your char Dim!  Accepted!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Karasu

woo I love both those characters but the Vampire.. *drools and fans* Mercy me he's a hot one XD