LFG for Final Fantasy D6 (Recruitment is closed)

Started by Zaer Darkwail, March 08, 2015, 12:04:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaer Darkwail

If wondering what heck I am talking about, I talk about using D6 system for final fantasy presented by Him/Her (click mediafire download).

Now, it looks very simple and fancy system (once you read the chargen and combat rules and then later on read job rules and if got PDF reader every job has mini link for magic related to it). Overall I have plates full as GM'ing stuff but I would want as player and I just do interest check is there others who want try this and perhaps one interested wants to be GM? They get to choose which edition FF we use, or do they go use their own custom one (there are own rules to some FF series like FF7 has rules how add material slots and how materia works in this system).

MaiMizzu

So I had been considering making a final fantasy rp, I even made a list of jobs and races that could be used. While I'm awful at being a GM, and I'm awful with systems..I'd like to express tentative interest! When I get home from work I can show you the lists I made, add week as done of my ideas for a story
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

Angie

Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Revelation

MaiMizzu

So I just downloaded the system thing and I'm going through it. It looks like you have listed all of the jobs I had considered putting in!
If I may, if we do this, should we say that only one person per job? Like.. no duplicates? Or is that to much of a restriction?
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

Zaer Darkwail

It would be okay limit but take note job changing is possible in the system. Also additional note I did not create the system :P. I just found the system couple days ago and I thought it was interesting.

MaiMizzu

As i said, im bad with systems. I have the PDF, and i get most of it. but the numbers thing.. it's a bit overwhelming.

Angie

Quote from: MaiMizzu on March 08, 2015, 04:43:03 PM
So I just downloaded the system thing and I'm going through it. It looks like you have listed all of the jobs I had considered putting in!
If I may, if we do this, should we say that only one person per job? Like.. no duplicates? Or is that to much of a restriction?

Only a fool builds an FF party with more then 1 Warrior or 1 whatever. The only one I'd ever consider doubling up on is White Mage...and even then you can have like a Knight/Paladin for that.

Inerrant Lust

Consider me interested as a player... My plate's a bit full as a GM, but I think I have some experience in that department (though none with the system...) so I'll help out from time to time as needed.

Eislynn

I'd like to express my definite interest as a player, and tentative interest in GMing I've no experience with this particular system, but my husband and I GMed a long running Final Fantasy Tabletop game with the D100 system from Returner Games. (http://ffrpg.net/ffrpg3e.pdf) I know that we'd have an easier time of using the system we know, but I'll look into this d6 one as well. No promises, but I'm going to try and recruit my faithful Co-GM.

More on this as new details arrive... Stay tuned. ;)

Eislynn

Alright folks! He took one look at the D6 PDF, then informed me that it actually is the spiritual successor of that D100 game we ran years ago. He then grinned and emphatically declared "I'm in." Suffice it to say, slowmojoe and I would like to officially take the reigns of this beast. So if you all accept, please allow us a week or two to plan, and watch this space for updates.

I'm more excited than a chocobo on a Ghysal Greens farm!

Angie

Quote from: Katida desu on March 10, 2015, 09:48:03 PM
Alright folks! He took one look at the D6 PDF, then informed me that it actually is the spiritual successor of that D100 game we ran years ago. He then grinned and emphatically declared "I'm in." Suffice it to say, slowmojoe and I would like to officially take the reigns of this beast. So if you all accept, please allow us a week or two to plan, and watch this space for updates.

Alright, sweet! I am excited to press whatever boundaries get set! :)

Inerrant Lust

I would like to know before-hand what kind of setting we'll be in. Of course, there's going to Behemoths and Chocobos and the like... but will it be a setting specific to a single game, ie; Spira, or one that functions more as a sandbox lately (ie; the new Ivalice)

Honestly, I would prefer something you made up, though I know that can be pretty taxing. :P

I've become increasingly jaded with Final Fantasy games as of late... ever since the dreaded Enix came along. ;)

Revelation

The only real 'bad' FF's lately IMO were the 13 trilogy. 12 was alright, and 15 looks tentatively good. Type 0 was also amazing.

Also, i'd recommend Theater rhythm: Curtain Call for those with 3DS's, though not exactly an RPG!

Angie

Quote from: Inerrant Lust on March 10, 2015, 09:56:09 PM
I would like to know before-hand what kind of setting we'll be in. Of course, there's going to Behemoths and Chocobos and the like... but will it be a setting specific to a single game, ie; Spira, or one that functions more as a sandbox lately (ie; the new Ivalice)

Honestly, I would prefer something you made up, though I know that can be pretty taxing. :P

I've become increasingly jaded with Final Fantasy games as of late... ever since the dreaded Enix came along. ;)

I kinda liked 12, honestly, if only because I felt a lot of heart behind that one, but yeah, I'm with ya. I'm a classic fan-Terra could totally kick Cloud's ass!

Revelation

And to be fair, 12 would have been even better if Square kept to the developers original wants with the game, rather than forcing him to change the main characters around.

Also Ramza is mai husbando.

Angie

Quote from: Changingsaint on March 10, 2015, 10:00:52 PM
And to be fair, 12 would have been even better if Square kept to the developers original wants with the game, rather than forcing him to change the main characters around.

Also Ramza is mai husbando.

Oh my god thank you, someone else who gets that! (Granted, anyone who goes on TVTropes knows that...)

Inerrant Lust

I'm currently replaying 12 and loathing every minute of it. Mostly you can tell where the heart was and where the executive meddling was. You can tell that Basch is.. really, the main character. But Vaan and his freakish abdominal grid-stomach was thrown in our faces because they needed a bishy teenage protagonist. I thought the character design ranged from cool (Basically all the Judges...) to downright excruciatingly awful to look at. Is Basch really the type of man to wear fucking cargo pants? I get it, desert people, whatever... but jesus. :P

I still think 7 is the best... but only in the context of when it came out. Cloud was a deconstruction of 'The Cool Guy' RPG hero. Sephiroth a deconstruction of your stereotypical JRPG villain. Except that 7 became so popular that nobody knew it was actually a critique of those elements... and instead took them at face value. And then you have all the 'expanded universe' games/films that seem to have missed the point entirely...

And yes, I also think Tactics is one of the stronger games in the series regarding plot and characters and depth.... barring all the translation errors and quirks, of course.

Veeerrrrrrryyyyy littttttttlllleeeeee moooooooonnnneeeeeyyyyyyy...

Revelation

I am partially of the line that Basch's character design is partly similar to Ashley Riot and his... Cargo assless chaps. Which is something of a quirk of the artist (As Ramza also shared said chaps. but as pants)

12 is alright. 12 is better if you're playing International zodiac which vastly improves the gameplay IMO. Though it is hard to argue that FF hasn't fallen out of favor - moreso when i've enjoyed other RPG's (SMT, persona, Xenoblade Chronicles) more than recent FF's.

Eislynn

Just so you have an idea of what sort of FF fan I am, allow me to put forth some of my beliefs on the core numbered games. I won't speak for slowmojoe. He can tell you what he's about.

1 I hold it in high regard just for the fact that it was the beginning.
2 I'm fond of the story, and the storyline deaths got to me more than I expected. Poignant.
3 (not American 3 which is actually 6, of course.) unfortunately I never got around to playing it.
4 I've never actually played through all the way, but I'm familiar with most of it. Badass and trippy in a good way. Tough at times, but worth the trouble. If only I could keep a damn save file intact...
5 hehe... Butz... Didn't finish it, but I liked the job system.
6 From the huge cast of unique player characters, to the viciously memorable villains, to that freaking opera scene... Fantastic. Easily the best. If only all the other games could emulate this one and live up to its legacy!
7 An important part of the rise of popularity of final fantasy, but I think it's a bit... Overrated. (Plz don't throw things at me!)
8 Took the concept of the silent protagonist a bit too far. Enjoyable gameplay. Fun to theorize about. ;)
9 Character design is a bit strange, but mostly charming. Engaging story. Fun as hell.
10 I wanted to dislike it. Couldn't. One of my favorites.
For the record...X2 is absolutely my guilty pleasure.
11 Didn't play. Wasn't into MMOs at the time.
12 Silly at times, (Basch was dressed like a dad, not a hero, lol) but I loved the nostalgia factor. It felt wonderfully old school when they were trying.
13 I've decided it doesn't exist. I suppose it was an okay "game" but it was a horrible final fantasy. Got all the way to the end but I just couldn't bear to finish it.
14 hell yes. I played the shit out of this at launch. Had to cut my subscription out of my budget for a while, but looking forward to playing again when time and money allow.

As for the setting for this game, it'll be an original one. I've been itching to stretch my world building muscles again!

Looking forward to torturing playing with yinz! Remember, "When the GM smiles it's already too late" - old Klingon proverb (lol)

Inerrant Lust

Hehe. Then consider me very very interested...

I have always had a weakness for Lancers.. Though I'd like to keep my mind settled about character creation until I know more about the setting and the other characters...

Angie

Quote from: Katida desu on March 10, 2015, 10:40:54 PM
Just so you have an idea of what sort of FF fan I am, allow me to put forth some of my beliefs on the core numbered games. I won't speak for slowmojoe. He can tell you what he's about.

1 I hold it in high regard just for the fact that it was the beginning.
2 I'm fond of the story, and the storyline deaths got to me more than I expected. Poignant.
3 (not American 3 which is actually 6, of course.) unfortunately I never got around to playing it.
4 I've never actually played through all the way, but I'm familiar with most of it. Badass and trippy in a good way. Tough at times, but worth the trouble. If only I could keep a damn save file intact...
5 hehe... Butz... Didn't finish it, but I liked the job system.
6 From the huge cast of unique player characters, to the viciously memorable villains, to that freaking opera scene... Fantastic. Easily the best. If only all the other games could emulate this one and live up to its legacy!
7 An important part of the rise of popularity of final fantasy, but I think it's a bit... Overrated. (Plz don't throw things at me!)
8 Took the concept of the silent protagonist a bit too far. Enjoyable gameplay. Fun to theorize about. ;)
9 Character design is a bit strange, but mostly charming. Engaging story. Fun as hell.
10 I wanted to dislike it. Couldn't. One of my favorites.
For the record...X2 is absolutely my guilty pleasure.
11 Didn't play. Wasn't into MMOs at the time.
12 Silly at times, (Basch was dressed like a dad, not a hero, lol) but I loved the nostalgia factor. It felt wonderfully old school when they were trying.
13 I've decided it doesn't exist. I suppose it was an okay "game" but it was a horrible final fantasy. Got all the way to the end but I just couldn't bear to finish it.
14 hell yes. I played the shit out of this at launch. Had to cut my subscription out of my budget for a while, but looking forward to playing again when time and money allow.

As for the setting for this game, it'll be an original one. I've been itching to stretch my world building muscles again!

Looking forward to torturing playing with yinz! Remember, "When the GM smiles it's already too late" - old Klingon proverb (lol)

You said 6 was the best. You and me are going to get along just fine.

AndyZ

Quote from: Katida desu on March 10, 2015, 09:48:03 PM

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Zaer Darkwail

Sadly I haven't played anything past 10 in series (nor played anything before the 4 and somehow haven't got chance play 6). Anycase it sounds promising Katida desu :). Although considering we are on E, how much a adult content is going to be encountered in the game? Is it entirely on between PC romances or potential romances between PC x NPC? Or NC elements? Anycase I have interest to play a blue mage (and if possible a summoner who has made pact with chocobo in the start). One game I saw ruled that summoners in party cannot 'master' same summons (party summons are shared but individual mastery is unique).

Lockepick

I'm expressing some interest as a player -- though I admit, that might sort of hinge on the actual setting.

If I may offer some piece of advice: 90% of the games I see using this system try to create this hodge-podge universe that tries to appeal to every fanboy of any/every game. I would love to see a single set universe with some clear cut rules -- attempting to incorporate a little from every game (even the best from every game), tends to make the whole thing get muddled out.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Zaer Darkwail

Well, in good part in FF the good games have some things in common in them already and some things are always there (like chocobos since game 2, airships, summons one way or another etc).

Inerrant Lust

I agree with what Locke has said... A lot, I think, hinges on the setting. My advice? Come up with a plot and a setting and then add in all the fantasy-isms later. I think what distinguishes Final Fantasy from other JRPGs isn't the stuff like chocobos and the like. Hell, even the mechanics drastically change every game. What remains constant, at least in the old ones, are the themes such as love and environmentalism and such. :P

TvTropes knows... ;)

Angie

Quote from: Inerrant Lust on March 11, 2015, 12:27:21 PM
I agree with what Locke has said... A lot, I think, hinges on the setting. My advice? Come up with a plot and a setting and then add in all the fantasy-isms later. I think what distinguishes Final Fantasy from other JRPGs isn't the stuff like chocobos and the like. Hell, even the mechanics drastically change every game. What remains constant, at least in the old ones, are the themes such as love and environmentalism and such. :P

TvTropes knows... ;)

Personally what I always though set FF apart from the rest was that they made these worlds you could happily get lost in and really enjoy, which is kind of why I cut 12 some slack-Ivalice is a world you can really get lost in. It wasn't so much the chocobos as you wanted to take those chocobos so you could explore the world.

slowmojoe

Hi all.

Your friendly neighborhood GM here.

It's been a long time since I've been here, but I have been trying to get back into it.
I think that running a game like this might be just the thing.

I have been running games of various systems off and on for a LONG time. As long as I was old enough to know that dice other than d6 existed.

I'm excited for this particular system, because I've been waiting for an overhaul to it, and I felt that d100 was just unnecessary.

We'll make a recruitment thread when we get closer to the start of the game, but anybody that is displaying interest at this time will get a fair measure of preference.

Most likely you'd like to know what kinda GM I am. In short:  I'm pretty easy going.  I find that arguing over a rule is worthless. Bring it up, we will discuss it, and move on. I don't like to fight over the details of the rules, but I am delighted when a rule exists on a particular topic, and would prefer to follow it, if it is not silly.

I love some good RP. I will reward you for it.

My desire is to make the game fun above all, and also challenging. As far as combat, I will try to put you on the edge of your seat, rather than go straight for the kill. It's a delicate edge though, and you might expect us each to fall in our turn.

About this particular game:

The limitations to classes and races are only in so far as to what the setting will allow.  I am not aware yet of what those restrictions will be exactly. I await the details as you, with bated breath.

Katida will be creating the setting and such details as she feels she should. Otherwise, I will be doing the dirty work. I can tell you that this will be an original setting, with Final Fantasy style and tropes thrown in, to remind you of what it is. 

It is likely going to lean closer to the high fantasy, rather than the modern, but we love steampunk...

I will try to incorporate everything that the manual has to offer, as far as limit breaks, summons/espers, et cetera.

There are rules for crafting. I love the concept of being able to craft, so I won't discourage it; however, as the book suggests, there won't be much opportunity to farm gil from it.

The creators of the system indicate that some of it is broken, if we find something is broken, I will attempt to find some "patch" for it, but I don't expect to nerf the entire game.

In the interest of diversity, and since this will be the first time for a lot of us to try this out, I'd prefer it only one person has one job at a particular time, but I would like to incorporate the ability to switch jobs, though likely not right away.

Feel free to pose questions, either to learn more about the game or the guy that's going to try to run this machine.

Lali-ho!

Zaer Darkwail

Well, you can change jobs by spending 3pts from destiny. Or take onion knight ability from general ability section (which allows change jobs after every major boss battles or named infamous monsters for free). So job changing is possible, but naturally if you enter to warrior job after being black mage you loose access to spells as warrior job does not afford any MP (but warrior abilities stay with you when you enter red mage job example).

One questions though is that do we start in 1st level or do you have higher level in mind for the players?

slowmojoe

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on March 12, 2015, 05:13:57 AM
Well, you can change jobs by spending 3pts from destiny. Or take onion knight ability from general ability section (which allows change jobs after every major boss battles or named infamous monsters for free). So job changing is possible, but naturally if you enter to warrior job after being black mage you loose access to spells as warrior job does not afford any MP (but warrior abilities stay with you when you enter red mage job example).

That's of course assuming that I am allowing that exact system, which is very likely.

Though arguments certainly could be made for starting at higher level, I still like to start at 1.
My primary reasoning for this is: allowing for the character to actually develop. I don't mean statistically.  I feel like starting at high levels actually takes away from initial struggles that might affect things dramatically.

Also, having limited options helps to get a feel for the system. If you start the game at higher level, you end up with a long list of abilities, and no real practical knowledge of how effective they are, dealing with more dice and more math than you have to, before you even know what you are doing.

Zaer Darkwail

Starting first level is okay to me, just asked so I know do I need brainstorm for build ideas and such :). But as I earlier asked how likely sexual elements if any would show up in the game itself though?

slowmojoe

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on March 12, 2015, 06:43:20 AM
Starting first level is okay to me, just asked so I know do I need brainstorm for build ideas and such :). But as I earlier asked how likely sexual elements if any would show up in the game itself though?

I am not restricting sexual activity in game as long as it is at least somewhat relevant, and follows general elliquiy guidelines, and is not offensive to the rest of the group.

Eislynn

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on March 12, 2015, 06:43:20 AM
...as I earlier asked how likely sexual elements if any would show up in the game itself though?

Let me put my two cents in on this one too. I'm not opposed to sexual elements - this is Elliquiy after all - but there is a time and a place. If a black mage goes off to screw a barmaid, or the warrior and the ninja decide to have a tryst in the greenery, the plot will not stop for everyone else. There will a separate thread or threads where romantic subplots may happen without game mechanics to get in the way. This rule will of course apply on an as needed basis. For example, if everyone is present, there will be likely be no need to sequester it as a subplot.

In other news, I'm furiously brainstorming our plot and working on a lovely world map. I will release snippets of info once I've got the basics ironed out. I can promise this much, it is becoming a vast world for a twisting tale of mostly traditional high fantasy. As slowmojoe mentioned, we are quite fond of anachronisms, especially steampunk, in our games, so you can certainly expect some of that.

Thanks for your patience whilst I weave this world into a web with which to snare your imaginations! ... I do sincerely hope it lives up to my grand declarations... ;)

Zaer Darkwail

Heh, I cannot wait to read your creation once your done Katida desu :). But no need to rush, but as advice from GM who has led +16 years tabletop locally; 'Start small and build from that and expand as game goes'. Saves lot of time unless you can rapidly create entire world history and ancient history in detail.

slowmojoe

Tonight's conversation piece:

Your favorite Final Fantasy job, and why. It does not have to be represented in the d6 rulebook, just Final Fantasy in general.

I'm a fan of the engineer job.
Cid is the man. You need firepower? You need 3 airships? I'm on it. CLANG CLANG. Job done. I'll take a nap now, call me when you need more equipment.

Sub topic: Pa-LAD-din, Pala-DIN, or Paula Deen?  ;D

Inerrant Lust

It has to be Lancer. I played Seven first, then Tactics. I eventually went in both directions chronologically, but at that point I never knew jobs was a thing outside of FFT. So, why is Lancer my favorite?

Ironside was a Lancer I recruited from the thief with a unique character portrait in Dorter City, chapter 2. I believe this was my first play-through... Anyways, so there I was, fighting Queklain. All my party members were KO'd/sleeping/poisoned/ect. Totally fucked.

I remember Ramza had just gotten Don't Act or something put on him, and Agrias was on her last turn before crystalizing. As I was just about to use the Square soft reset... down came my lancer, whom I had completely forgotten about, landing the killing blow. :P

Also; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nG_Z0rd7eK0&spfreload=10

Angie

Quote from: slowmojoe on March 12, 2015, 05:12:08 PM
Tonight's conversation piece:

Your favorite Final Fantasy job, and why. It does not have to be represented in the d6 rulebook, just Final Fantasy in general.

I'm a fan of the engineer job.
Cid is the man. You need firepower? You need 3 airships? I'm on it. CLANG CLANG. Job done. I'll take a nap now, call me when you need more equipment.

Sub topic: Pa-LAD-din, Pala-DIN, or Paula Deen?  ;D

Sub first: Pa-la-DIN.

As for favorite job, I think I prefer Thieves. I like being able to sustain myself off of stolen Potions and curatives so I can spend my cash on the important shit.

Zaer Darkwail

Sub: Pa-la-DIN.

My favorite job? Samurai. Why? Because insane fast draw techniques and cool moves what comes from using katana (and also RL like overall attitude of bushido code).

Lockepick

Sub: pa-la-DIN

Favorite Job: I'm always partial to thief characters, but I did find Monk in FFT to be a really powerful and self sufficient class.

As for in the FFd6 system -- I think I'm leaning towards Dark Knight or Geomancer. I always liked the IDEA of Geomancer, but they weren't super useful in FFT.

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Angie

Quote from: lockepick on March 12, 2015, 07:02:33 PM
Sub: pa-la-DIN

Favorite Job: I'm always partial to thief characters, but I did find Monk in FFT to be a really powerful and self sufficient class.

As for in the FFd6 system -- I think I'm leaning towards Dark Knight or Geomancer. I always liked the IDEA of Geomancer, but they weren't super useful in FFT.

They were hilariously broken back in FF3.

apygoos

<3 ff3
fucking love how the Crystal Tower raids in FFXIV are total FF3 homages, music and all.

Lockepick

Speaking for the FFd6 system -- I was really sad that Dark Knights can't use Reach Weapons. I liked the idea of Geomancer, but I was a bit put off that some terrain types seem superior to others -- especially given that there is a Job Ability that lets you pick one 'terrain' you can always call on.

ReijiTabibito

I'm more a fan of the Returner d% system, the precursor to this one, and it seems there's plenty of interest, but I'll put in my hat in case people have to drop out (which has been known to happen), and because Katida and Joe are running the show.

Blue Mage.  Or Gambler.  The sticking point for me is practical vs aesthetic.  If I had to go with the Job, I'd probably side with the Blue Mage - Grand Train is one of the most slamming spells ever.  If I went with the ur-example of that job, it would be Gambler - Setzer is one of my more favorite characters in 6 alone, forget the whole franchise.

slowmojoe

Good responses!

Particularly pleased with the tale of Ironside.

A lot more love for thieves than I would have guessed. I'm not sure why I assumed they would get no love :(

Alright, next question:

Which Final Fantasy character are you most like; what character do you gravitate to... Which character is your Final Fantasy avatar, the closest representation of 'you' ?

This does not have to be physical. I'm thinking more in terms of personality/beliefs.

Zaer Darkwail

My definite FF personality would be Auron, not just for 'cools' factor. But because of his deep loyalty and also dislike for religion which deceives people into vicious cycles because of belief, wanting end such suffering. Also in RL I am silent sort but I talk if talked to and I always carefully think what I say. Also have sense of honor, fairness, honesty and such in RL (even if it goes widely in media unappreciated traits or as traits which do not help you progress in life to richer but also more asshole direction).

Angie

Quote from: slowmojoe on March 13, 2015, 08:53:59 PM
Good responses!

Particularly pleased with the tale of Ironside.

A lot more love for thieves than I would have guessed. I'm not sure why I assumed they would get no love :(

Alright, next question:

Which Final Fantasy character are you most like; what character do you gravitate to... Which character is your Final Fantasy avatar, the closest representation of 'you' ?

This does not have to be physical. I'm thinking more in terms of personality/beliefs.

Terra. Terra Terra Terra Terra Terra. For those of you not familiar, Terra Branford is, in my eyes, one of the most badass characters in the franchise. When we meet her, she's mentally enslaved, but after breaking free, she agrees to use her natural magic against the empire and eventually unlocks her powerful Esper form. After the end of the world, she continues to use her gift to watch over a group of orphaned children, and when a demon decides to attack them, Terra just straight up demolishes the bastard. Solo. I like her because rather then being afraid of her powers, she uses them to help others, and even if it's something as simple as watching over a few children, no task is too small. I didn't much like her Dissidia version, but I like her so much I'm actually playing as Terra over in Game Protagonists at War (and we're recruiting if you're interested!)

Inerrant Lust

Hmm. I dunno. I never really had a favorite. But if there was one I had a lot in common with, it might just be Zidane. Flippant and serious all at once, both thoughtful and at time focused only on the present. Plus he's a sweetie, and I'd like to think we have something in common. ;)

I always was fond of Wiegraf, whose character arc is just great. Especially as a foil to Ramza, who started on the wrong side and then sacrificed everything to maintain his purity... while Wiegraf started on the right side and compromised his integrity- eventually becoming corrupted by the power he wields in the Aries stone. Him and Ramza could have made a powerhouse duo if he hadn't met the Temple Knights..

QuoteRamza Beoulve: Wiegraf! You live?
Wiegraf Folles: I have lived for this, Ramza. How long has it been since we last met?
Ramza Beoulve: Then you were a warrior who fought to make your dream reality. Now you are only a thrall of the Church.
Wiegraf Folles: What troubled sleep have you known, to speak of my dreams? No matter how sweet, a dream left unrealized must fade into day. Only with power can dreams be made real! I see the truth of it now. What good, dreams, without that power? You think me a thrall? So be it! Your envenomed words succour me, for when at last you yield - as you must - their poison will consume you!
Ramza Beolve : I pity you, Wiegraf. Even as a man of broken dreams, you might still have been remembered fondly. Your ideas lifted the people, showed them the cracks in the age-old facade of the aristocracy. You acted on your convictions, and so ennobled those actions! But what would the people think now? What would Milleuda and your fallen friends think of this barter you've struck? Dreams built on borrowed stone are defiled before they are made!
Wiegraf Folles: What have you done that did not rely on the labours of others? From birth you have wanted for nothing! You can not know what it is to live the meager life we do. Reason may trick you to believe you do, but your heart can never know! Harsh is the world in which we live. Harsher still than you can imagine. You have neither right nor reason to pour scorn on me!

Latooni Subota

Geez, I'm looking for a GM here for ffd6 for months and I finally give up and go on vacation to DC . . and now suddenly there's interest everything! What the heck, Elliquiy? XD

Welp, since I'm proooobably the most experience person at the system (But I haven't tried GMing yet, still working on my own campaign for a closed group for that) feel free to tap me for any questions with how junk works. As long as it doesn't involve balancing combat encounters/making monsters, I'm your gal. Also: Yes there are some rather broken-y things in the system. If you guys want the GM that taught me the system has created a bunch of errata that smooths things out, including making the Destiny system not terrible, making Job Changing more reasonable (Because lets face it, there are very few classes you would want to go straight through with), a tweak to the skill system, and even Prestige Classes that are pretty cool (though don't kick in till level 11 so are probably not needed yeah?). If you want I can throw you guys the pastebin it's all on, and you can cherry pick whatever you think is useful? (Destiny revamp is DIRELY needed, skills are second place, job changing encourages really nifty class combinations and thematic builds).

Also hi.
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

slowmojoe

Quote from: Latooni Subota on March 14, 2015, 12:52:23 PM
Geez, I'm looking for a GM here for ffd6 for months and I finally give up and go on vacation to DC . . and now suddenly there's interest everything! What the heck, Elliquiy? XD

Welp, since I'm proooobably the most experience person at the system (But I haven't tried GMing yet, still working on my own campaign for a closed group for that) feel free to tap me for any questions with how junk works. As long as it doesn't involve balancing combat encounters/making monsters, I'm your gal. Also: Yes there are some rather broken-y things in the system. If you guys want the GM that taught me the system has created a bunch of errata that smooths things out, including making the Destiny system not terrible, making Job Changing more reasonable (Because lets face it, there are very few classes you would want to go straight through with), a tweak to the skill system, and even Prestige Classes that are pretty cool (though don't kick in till level 11 so are probably not needed yeah?). If you want I can throw you guys the pastebin it's all on, and you can cherry pick whatever you think is useful? (Destiny revamp is DIRELY needed, skills are second place, job changing encourages really nifty class combinations and thematic builds).

Also hi.

Thanks for your help. I've played quite a bit of the d100 version with a lot of success. I think it's part of my job to look at any errata available, though of course I may not use some or any of it.

Latooni Subota

http://pastebin.com/vfw6v2Kr  Main errata (Don't be intimidated by how big it is, it really isn't that big)

http://pastebin.com/BWjRtZyg And Prestige Classes, for your amusement. I got to help design some of them, while playtesting the errata in my sorta-weekly game!

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Angie

I don't see it in the errata, but can I guess that like in FF12, Haste and Slow counter and dispel each other?

Latooni Subota

Haste and Slow actually REPLACE their counterpart. So if you were slow'd, you'd now have Haste, if you were Hasted, you'd now have Slow. There's a reason Auto-Haste is one of the best properties in the game (And is T6)

Eislynn

Katida wheels in a large presentation board draped in red silk cloth. A plaque at the bottom reads "game setting". She slyly grins at her watch as she waggles her index finger and stands guard against those who might dare to rush the stage. "Non non, my lovelies. The time has not yet come. This afternoon shall be the unveiling."

Inerrant Lust

Oh, you big tease! :P

So, my inclination for the character was...

Combining the 'Final Fantasy Princess' archetype (Ashe, Garnet, Ovelia, sorta-Terra) with the dragoon/lancer archetype. Rather than be cool and strong, I'm thinking she would be fierce but unconfident. Ultimately pretty soft and kind-hearted. Would be the type to land a huge attack and then go, "Sorry!" :P

Though it sort of depends on whether or not the plot/setting allows for princesses and/or if you already had something like that in mind.

Eislynn

Alright, I've pretty much finished polishing! Maps and more information to follow! Drum-roll please!

In this age, the air is filled with the skyships lifted on the wings of steam and machines great and small hiss and chug with the task of bettering life for all. Mages and warriors keep their artes sharpened on mundanities, for a time of prosperous peace requires little more of them than to defend their homes from the rare wandering monsters whom have never numbered fewer.

The Queendom of Gilaud is the largest of the nations of this world, and is known as a prosperous and great land. Home to fertile plains, serene mountains, peaceful valleys, vivacious forests, shining lakes and sparkling rivers. The capital of Gilaud, the truly radiant Florentia City is considered by many the jewel of the five nations, four of which have known not just peaceful co-existence but tremendous international cooperation for nearly a thousand years. The fifth, Muenelind, was supposedly friendly as well, but few know much of the cloistered nation since it closed its borders almost seventy years hence.

Florentia City, for its part, boasts the grandest markets, the finest theaters and galleries, and is the home of most of the greatest scientific minds of this era. It is the cultural center of the world, with denizens of all her races calling it their adoptive home. Each of the other nations, Dalestia, Nuniare, and Ilcedun hold an embassy in the city. At its center lies the Gilde Castle, a sprawling marvel of architecture with no equal.

Gilaud had, just six months prior, concluded the month-long celebration following the marriage of the widowed Queen Ceridwen Lía Gilaudan to a mysterious and influential Muenelinder envoy, Laird Malik Dubhshláine. He was strangely taciturn regarding his homeland, and many found it worrying how quickly he had taken the place of Ceridwen's beloved husband in her heart, but the people could see that she was smiling again, and for this they forgave the odd circumstance.

It wasn't long though, until her demeanor changed. Her usual warmth was replaced by an increasingly chilly personality. Her Highness began to send frivolous expeditions to every corner of the world seeking 'sites of historical significance' that were skirting the lines of age old treaties with the other nations. She made decrees that trampled the rights of anyone that might hold information regarding such sites. She vowed to explore these possibilities even in Muenelind, at the risk of starting the first war in a millennia. Most worrying were the edicts she delivered ordering the great scientists and mages of her the land to create machines and methods of destruction rather than the usual marvels that could better life for her citizens.

Her search had became a maddening obsession to which she devoted all of her energies to the point that her ill health became obvious. She neglected her once supportive populace as they grew angry and dissident. The only light in the Queendom had become her daughter, Princess Sydara Lía Gilaudan, who did all she could to care for the people her mother seemed to have cast aside. Then one day, the final straw came as young Sydara disappeared, leaving no trace of her whereabouts. Her mother, the Queen, was strangely unperturbed and the people began to suspect foul designs and fear the worst has become of their dear princess. Her mysterious disappearance has become the spark for the light that shall henceforth struggle to keep darkness at bay.

Our story, of course, begins in Gilaud. All characters will start there, whether they have lived there for a long or short while or are visiting for business or pleasure. The point is, fate has drawn you all to Florentia City, the epicenter of events that will shape history for ages to come. Information on the other four nations will be made available as it becomes pertinent. For any clarifications to aid you with building up your own back stories in this world, please PM me. If you seek stats advice, or need other help with your character sheet please PM Slowmojoe.

Those of you who have posted interest in this thread up until right this moment will have priority for character creation, and then we will place a new Interest Check Thread if we want/need more players. 

Note: We will be using the provided errata, including Job Change.

PLAYER NAME:
LEVEL: (ALL CHARACTERS WILL BEGIN AT LEVEL 1)
RACE:
JOB:
CHARACTER NAME:
PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION:
SHORT TERM GOALS:
LIFE GOALS:
FLAVOR QUOTE:

DESTINY POINTS: 1

ATTRIBUTES:(MIN 3; MAX 20) 25 to start, cost is 1:1
PWR:
RES:
DEX:
MND:

HP: (RES + CLASS BONUS) X LVL
MP: (MND + CLASS BONUS) X LVL

FORCE: (PWR+RES/4) ROUNDED DOWN
FINESS: (DEX+MID/4) ROUNDED DOWN

ARM: (AS EQUIPPED) 
M.ARM: (AS EQUIPPED)

EQUIPMENT:
R.HAND: NAME/ ACCURACY/ATTRIBUTE/ DAMAGE/ PROPERTIES
L.HAND: NAME/ ACCURACY/ATTRIBUTE/ DAMAGE/ PROPERTIES
SHIELD: NAME/ ARM/ MARM/ PROPERTIES
ARMOR: NAME/ ARM/ MARM/ PROPERTIES
ACCESSORY: NAME/ PROPERTIES

SKILLS:
-STARTING SKILL POINTS ARE PER JOB
-ONLY LIST IF ABOVE 0
-SKILL CAP: (1+LVL) /2 + FINESS OR FORCE PER ERRATA, USE HIGHER OF THE TWO IF ATTRIBUTE LISTED IS BOTH)

SKILL ATTRIBUTE
Athletics         Force
Acting Finesse
Awareness Force/Finesse
Escape Force/Finesse
Healing Force/Finesse
Inquiry Force/Finesse
Languages Finesse
Lore(X) Finesse
Mercantile Force/Finesse
Nature Force/Finesse
Negotiation Force/Finesse
Perform Force/Finesse
Scavenge         Force
Stealth Finesse
Swimming         Force
Synthesis(X)* Force/Finesse
Systems Finesse
Thievery         Finesse
Vehicles         Force/Finesse

ABILITIES: (INNATE JOB ABILITY, PLUS 2 OF YOUR CHOICE)

SPELLS: (AS ALLOWED PER CLASS, 2 NOVICE SPELLS TO START)

EQUIPMENT: (TIER 1 IS AVAILABLE TO START)

INVENTORY: (Start with 500gil to spend on equipment)

Eislynn

Quote from: Inerrant Lust on March 16, 2015, 08:55:21 AM
Oh, you big tease! :P

So, my inclination for the character was...

Combining the 'Final Fantasy Princess' archetype (Ashe, Garnet, Ovelia, sorta-Terra) with the dragoon/lancer archetype. Rather than be cool and strong, I'm thinking she would be fierce but unconfident. Ultimately pretty soft and kind-hearted. Would be the type to land a huge attack and then go, "Sorry!" :P

Though it sort of depends on whether or not the plot/setting allows for princesses and/or if you already had something like that in mind.

PM me with your ideas and I'll try and work with you. There are several other nations that could have their own royal families, and a diplomatic visit should not be unheard of. ...at least until the unrest really takes hold / all hell breaks loose. ;)

Angie

You know what, I think it's time I made a motherfuckin' Paladin. If you like, Lust, my Paladin can be your character's bodyguard so we can start with a couple characters that know each other.

Lockepick

Couple of questions!

I think I'm still leaning towards Darknight -- but if we end up with all martial types, and I see a prestige class I like, I might go something else...

1) Are we posting our applications here, or PMing them?
2) Are people using drawn face-claims or real life ones?

ReijiTabibito

If you're worried about no magic, don't sweat it.  Katida's description is good enough, I think, that I'll join up.  And I looked over the classes and the ones that appealed to me most were magic-types.

Angie

Well Paladin is like, some magic. Although Dean leans towards the fighting stuff, his only spells are Cure (which I can cast exactly ONCE!) and Chivalry (so you guys can get away when tits go inevitably up). He's also taking Leadership, so we're all gonna be immune to Fear, Berserk, and Charm!

Angie

Uh, can anyone help me find a Two Handed weapon? I want Dean to use big massive greatswords but I don't see like a "Two-Handed" property in the book...

Revelation

Still interested in the game! Since everyone seems to be going martial/caster hybrids or more caster types, i'm not so sure what i'll make just yet. Angie took my idea of paladin! Though, I don't mind. Perhaps a warrior or a samurai, maybe an engineer - still flinging concepts around in the air and feeling around what I like.

ReijiTabibito

Angie, I think the D6 creators went for the abstract approach - a greatsword would be a Blade weapon, and it has the same damage potential as a short sword.  No d100 Returner differing damage classes here.

Revelation

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on March 16, 2015, 05:54:56 PM
Angie, I think the D6 creators went for the abstract approach - a greatsword would be a Blade weapon, and it has the same damage potential as a short sword.  No d100 Returner differing damage classes here.

Which - i'm kinda thankful for. IMO returners was an awful mess of rules.

Angie

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on March 16, 2015, 05:54:56 PM

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Ah, I'll live with it. Sword and Board isn't a horrible thing and probably makes more sense for a 'bodyguard' type character.

Revelation

Hey, considering one of Yuna's guardians in 10 used dolls to fight, i'd say a greatsword sounds fine.

Angie

Yeah, but if it's Final Fantasy, I want as many big numbers as I can get. Therefore, sword and board!

AndyZ

You could also argue the Huge property...

...although Paladins don't get that one...

I'm not really sure what I'll end up going with.  It does seem like we have enough martial types.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Revelation

After looking at classes a bit more, I have to admit I have a preference to Warrior. Paradigm shift is cool, and I always like characters who can be adaptable to situations while still beating face.

Angie

Quote from: AndyZ on March 16, 2015, 06:02:39 PM

I'm not really sure what I'll end up going with.  It does seem like we have enough martial types.

There are never enough Martial Types. If they dead, they controlled.

ReijiTabibito

Quote from: AndyZ on March 16, 2015, 06:02:39 PM

So far stated, we have a Paladin, a Lancer, one of Warrior/Samurai/Engineer, and another probable warrior...and a Red or Blue Mage.

...?  Not enough martials?

Revelation

Quote from: Angiejuusan on March 16, 2015, 06:03:15 PM
There are never enough Martial Types. If they dead, they controlled.
Exactly! A murdered bad guy is a good bad guy.

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on March 16, 2015, 06:22:14 PM
So far stated, we have a Paladin, a Lancer, one of Warrior/Samurai/Engineer, and another probable warrior...and a Red or Blue Mage.

...?  Not enough martials?

I've pretty much locked down on Warrior, myself.

AndyZ

Reread my post.  I said enough martials, not that we didn't have enough.

ReijiTabibito

Lockepick

I'm pretty much all over the place. Looking at Dark Night, Geomancer, Entertainer, and Samurai...

Zaer Darkwail

I myself go for red mage or blue mage. If someone goes devoted white/black mage I likely lean more to blue mage. As question; blue mages get 1 novice spell, so do we get 2 then according char gen?

Angie

Okay quick question-how do I determine Accuracy? I'm pretty much done save for gear, so...I need to know Accuracy.

ReijiTabibito

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on March 16, 2015, 06:34:01 PM
I myself go for red mage or blue mage. If someone goes devoted white/black mage I likely lean more to blue mage. As question; blue mages get 1 novice spell, so do we get 2 then according char gen?

Zaer?  You wanna hash this out away from the main thread and see if we can't come to some sort of agreement, seeing as how we're after the same jobs?

ReijiTabibito

Guys?  Quick go-round of the table for player input.  I was going over my character concept (minus Job, of course), and I wanted to see what people thought about fitting jobs for it.  I'd prefer someone with a mystical bent to them, of course.

The basic gist is: a combination of two FF6 characters - Setzer & Shadow - and one from FF9, Amarant Coral.  To sum - Mysterious Airship-Owning Roguish Type for Hire.  Lots of mysterious statements and innuendos (particularly when the ladies are around).  Make sure he's well-aged in an oak barrel full of deepest, richest noir and you get the idea.

Eislynn

Quote from: lockepick on March 16, 2015, 04:48:03 PM
Couple of questions!

I think I'm still leaning towards Darknight -- but if we end up with all martial types, and I see a prestige class I like, I might go something else...

1) Are we posting our applications here, or PMing them?
2) Are people using drawn face-claims or real life ones?

1. Go ahead and post apps here for now, we'll be making an accepted character sheets thread soon enough.
2. For a game like this, let's keep character art as actual art. I think drawn images suit the material better, eh?

slowmojoe

Quote from: Angiejuusan on March 16, 2015, 06:46:06 PM
Okay quick question-how do I determine Accuracy? I'm pretty much done save for gear, so...I need to know Accuracy.

Accuracy is simple. It is a job based stat to which you add half level.

JOB BONUS + (LEVEL/2)

Rounding is always down, except 0=1.

EXAMPLE: A level 10 Dragoon would have an accuracy of 7

2 (dragoon job)  + 5 ( half of 10)  = 7.

slowmojoe

Quote from: Angiejuusan on March 16, 2015, 04:56:25 PM
Well Paladin is like, some magic. Although Dean leans towards the fighting stuff, his only spells are Cure (which I can cast exactly ONCE!) and Chivalry (so you guys can get away when tits go inevitably up). He's also taking Leadership, so we're all gonna be immune to Fear, Berserk, and Charm!

Two handed weapons have the Huge property. All huge weapons are two handed.

Here you go:

Practice two handed sword  Cost: 150g.
Tier 1 Huge weapon.

ReijiTabibito

Except Huge is its own category, and I don't think Paladins get proficiency in that.

Angie

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on March 16, 2015, 08:41:14 PM
Except Huge is its own category, and I don't think Paladins get proficiency in that.

We get Arcane, Blade, and Reach.

Also, we only get 1 Novice spell at level 1 instead of 2 like I thought. So I'll have just Chivalry.

ReijiTabibito

Reach isn't huge, but if you're going for big weapon types, those could work.  Reach is weapons like halberds and things like that.

Revelation

It should also be noted that if one really wants huge (or other) weapon types theres the weapon training ability which lets you use 2 new weapon types

Angie

Well, here's the First Draft:

PLAYER NAME: Angiejuusan
LEVEL: 1
RACE: Human
JOB: Paladin
CHARACTER NAME: Harold Dean
PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION: http://blog.friendster.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Human-Warrior.png
SHORT TERM GOALS:
LIFE GOALS: Set up an academy for combat and white magic for any and all interested.
FLAVOR QUOTE: I will stand within the darkness so you may enjoy the light.

ATTRIBUTES:
PWR: 7
RES: 8
DEX: 3
MND: 7

HP: 30
MP: 9

FORCE: 3
FINESS: 2

ARM: 6
M.ARM: 6
ACC: 2
AVD: 8

EQUIPMENT:
R.HAND: Squire’s Longsword/RES/8+2d6/Reliable (reroll once a Combat)
SHIELD: Squire’s Shield/ 2/ 2/ +2 to AVD
ARMOR: Chainmail/ 4/ 4/ Medium Armor
ACCESSORY:

SKILLS:

SKILL         
Athletics   4        
Awareness   2   
Escape   2      
Inquiry   2   
Negotiation   2   
Perform   2      
Swimming   2          
Synthesis(Weapon) 2
Synthesis(Armor) 2      

ABILITIES: Cover: Take blows meant for another.
Leadership: Allies are immune to Fear, Berserk, and Charm unless they chose to be affected
Shield of Light: Once per combat, make Armor Indestructible and become immune to Knockback and Spell Loss. If attacked (or if my Covered Target is attacked), respond with 8 (x Armor Tier) +2d6 Holy Damage and strike target Blind even if they’re immune.

SPELLS: Chivalry

EQUIPMENT: Squire’s Longsword
Squire’s Shield
Chainmail

INVENTORY: 200 gil

I haven't bought anything besides his starting gear, which is all Tier 1 just given fancy names instead of "Practice X".

ReijiTabibito

Joe?  Katida?  How is travel usually handled in this particular world?  Airships?

slowmojoe

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Quote from: Angiejuusan on March 16, 2015, 08:55:29 PM
Well, here's the First Draft:

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION: http://blog.friendster.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Human-Warrior.png
SHORT TERM GOALS:
LIFE GOALS: Set up an academy for combat and white magic for any and all interested.

EQUIPMENT:
ACCESSORY:

SKILLS:
-STARTING SKILL POINTS ARE PER JOB
-ONLY LIST IF ABOVE 0
-SKILL CAP: (1+LVL) /2 + FINESS OR FORCE PER ERRATA, USE HIGHER OF THE TWO IF ATTRIBUTE LISTED IS BOTH)

SKILL         ATTRIBUTE
Athletics   4           Force
Acting         Finesse
Awareness   2   Force/Finesse
Escape   2      Force/Finesse
Healing         Force/Finesse
Inquiry   2      Force/Finesse
Languages      Finesse
Lore(X)         Finesse
Mercantile      Force/Finesse
Nature         Force/Finesse
Negotiation   2   Force/Finesse
Perform   2      Force/Finesse
Scavenge              Force
Stealth         Finesse
Swimming   2           Force
Synthesis(Weapon) 2
Synthesis(Armor) 2      Force/Finesse
Systems         Finesse
Thievery              Finesse
Vehicles              Force/Finesse

Leadership: Allies are immune to Fear, Berserk, and Charm unless they chose to be affected
Shield of Light: Once per combat, make Armor Indestructible and become immune to Knockback and Spell Loss. If attacked (or if my Covered Target is attacked), respond with 8 (x Armor Tier) +2d6 Holy Damage and strike target Blind even if they’re immune.

Squire’s Shield
Chainmail

INVENTORY: 200 gil

I haven't bought anything besides his starting gear, which is all Tier 1 just given fancy names instead of "Practice X".

This looks fine to me. You can take out all the extra notes I made, I just put them there to help people remember details on the fly.
For example, you can take out the Finesse and Force from all the skill entries, and just delete any skills you don't have points in all together.

For everyone:

The equipment system is very free form so feel free to name things as you like within reason. We have about 16 weapons of a given category to name, so try to keep that in mind. Don't name your starting sword the Star Dragon Sword, there's nowhere else to go with that. It's pretty much the best sword ever. At least, that's the way he tells it.

Angie

Quote from: slowmojoe on March 16, 2015, 09:52:32 PM

This looks fine to me. You can take out all the extra notes I made, I just put them there to help people remember details on the fly.
For example, you can take out the Finesse and Force from all the skill entries, and just delete any skills you don't have points in all together.

For everyone:

The equipment system is very free form so feel free to name things as you like within reason. We have about 16 weapons of a given category to name, so try to keep that in mind. Don't name your starting sword the Star Dragon Sword, there's nowhere else to go with that. It's pretty much the best sword ever. At least, that's the way he tells it.

That was the impression I got. Dean will be working up to Dragon (X). Or maybe Tier 7 would be Dragon and Tier 8 would be Bahamut.

Lockepick

Honua Ko
Human Geomancer

Sheet

PLAYER NAME: Lockepick
RACE: Hume/Human
JOB: Geomancer
CHARACTER NAME: Honua Ko
PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION:
SHORT TERM GOALS:

• Explore a 'Snow' Terrain Type
  • Find a place of powerful natural energy
  • Stop a corruption of the land
LIFE GOALS: Bring tribute/power to Makuahineahi to increase her power and domain.
FLAVOR QUOTE: "You do not drink to your spirits? Makuahineahi will take yours then if you need an excuse."

DESTINY POINTS: 1 / 1

ATTRIBUTES:
RES: 10
DEX: 4
MND: 4

HP:28-FOCUS:4-ACC:2-ARM:4
MP:0-FINESSE:2-AVD:6-MARM:4

EQUIPMENT:
R.HAND: Practice Knuckles / 2+2d6 / PWR / +7 / Counterattack
L.HAND:
SHIELD:
ARMOR: Leather Vest (Tier 1 Medium) / ARM: 4 / MARM: 4 /
ACCESSORY:

SKILLS:
-Skill Points: 6/22 Remaining (2/level)
-SKILL CAP: Focus = 3; Finesse = 2

SKILL
ATTRIBUTE
RANK
Athletics
Force
Awareness
Either
Nature
Either
Scavenge
Force
Stealth
Finesse
Thievery
Finesse

ABILITIES:
Geotrance
Home Terrain: Lava (Can always use Lava terrain abilities)
Geoawareness (Geotrance is a Standard action, can sense 'displaced air' as a 'danger sense')

SPELLS:
-n/a-

EQUIPMENT:
Practice Knuckles (Tier 1 Reach, Counterattack)
Leather Vest (Tier 1 Medium Armor, 4/4)

INVENTORY: 210 gil
2x Potion (25% HP)

Brief History

Honua was born on an island, part of an archipelego of different tribes out along the coast. The Ko were a tribe situated on Kahakai, a volcanic island. The Ko were the protectors and worshipers of Makuahineahi, a goddess of fire who lived in the volcano. Makuahineahi spoke to Honua and gave him his powers to speak and control the earth. Honua was given the task of going out and seeing the rest of the world, to showing Makuahineahi the world outside her island through Honua's eyes. He is passing through Gilead as part of his journey to explore new terrain types, and bring that energy back to Makuahineahi. Following Makuahineahi is to follow fire; to follow passion, joy and life.

Questions to confirm:
1) Does any 'Crit' on Geotrance = Maelstroms? ie: Does Reach actually work on Geotrance or not? I assume so, or else why would they get that proficiency, but thought I'd ask. I'll switch to a Brawl weapon if not.
2) Does the one Destiny that the sheet had listed include the point you get from having a quote or no?

slowmojoe

Quote from: lockepick on March 16, 2015, 10:19:51 PM

Honua Ko
Human Geomancer

Sheet

PLAYER NAME: Lockepick
RACE: Hume/Human
JOB: Geomancer
CHARACTER NAME: Honua Ko
PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION:
SHORT TERM GOALS:

• Explore a 'Snow' Terrain Type
  • Find a place of powerful natural energy
  • Stop a corruption of the land
LIFE GOALS: Bring tribute/power to Makuahineahi to increase her power and domain.
FLAVOR QUOTE: "You do not drink to your spirits? Makuahineahi will take yours then if you need an excuse."

DESTINY POINTS: 1 / 1

ATTRIBUTES:
RES: 10
DEX: 4
MND: 4

HP:28-FORCE:4-ACC:2-ARM:4
MP:0-FINESSE:2-AVD:6-MARM:4

EQUIPMENT:
R.HAND: Practice Kusarigama / 2+2d6 / PWR / +7 / Reach, Fire-Ward
L.HAND:
SHIELD:
ARMOR: Leather Vest (Tier 1 Medium) / ARM: 4 / MARM: 4 /
ACCESSORY:

SKILLS:
-Skill Points: 22 (2/level)
-SKILL CAP: Focus = 5; Finesse = 3

SKILL
ATTRIBUTE
RANK
Athletics
Force
Awareness
Either
Nature
Either
Scavenge
Force
Stealth
Finesse
Thievery
Finesse

ABILITIES:
Geotrance
Home Terrain: Lava (Can always use Lava terrain abilities)
Geoawareness (Geotrance is a Standard action, can sense 'displaced air' as a 'danger sense')

SPELLS:
-n/a-

EQUIPMENT:
Practice Kusarigama (Tier 1 Reach, Fire-Ward)
Leather Vest (Tier 1 Medium Armor, 4/4)

INVENTORY: 210 gil
2x Potion (25% HP)

Brief History

Honua was born on an island, part of an archipelego of different tribes out along the coast. The Ko were a tribe situated on Kahakai, a volcanic island. The Ko were the protectors and worshipers of Makuahineahi, a goddess of fire who lived in the volcano. Makuahineahi spoke to Honua and gave him his powers to speak and control the earth. Honua was given the task of going out and seeing the rest of the world, to showing Makuahineahi the world outside her island through Honua's eyes. He is passing through Gilead as part of his journey to explore new terrain types, and bring that energy back to Makuahineahi. Following Makuahineahi is to follow fire; to follow passion, joy and life.

Questions to confirm:
1) Does any 'Crit' on Geotrance = Maelstroms? ie: Does Reach actually work on Geotrance or not? I assume so, or else why would they get that proficiency, but thought I'd ask. I'll switch to a Brawl weapon if not.
2) Does the one Destiny that the sheet had listed include the point you get from having a quote or no?

This character looks particularly good.

There are small problems:

I am assuming you mean Force, in place of Focus. 

Tier 1 weapon has 1 property, and as a Reach weapon, this must be Critical Strike. You could not have Fire-Ward.

Backstory may need to altered somewhat if it can't be otherwise shoehorned into the setting. We can let Katida rule on that.

1)  Maelstrom is a particular action of 3 possible that you choose when you use the Geotrance. If you otherwise choose the offensive action, it is medium range, and is not affected by your weapon selection, nor is it possible to crit on the offensive action.

2) You have 1 destiny point, as we are using the available errata in which the Destiny system was reworked.
I will summarize it like this.

You have a Destiny cap equal to your level.
Some abilities only use the Destiny until your next level. Some abilities make it go away permanently.
Things are generally less expensive.

I will make sure destiny is distributed at later levels such as to make up for the loss of what would otherwise be free destiny points.

See the pastebin links posted by Latooni Subota previously for the errata.

Angie

Lockepick

Reach Weapons: Oh! I didn't realize that the inherent Quick-Cast/Critical Attack/Reliable counted as a weapon property -- I'll fix that.

Maelstrom: I misread it that Maelstrom ONLY triggered on 12s, but glad to see I can select it!

Geotrance + Criticals: Geotrance can't critical? It requires an attack roll. Is it because it's a magical attack that it doesn't allow a critical?

Destiny: Gotcha, didn't realize there was a level cap anyway!

Backstory: I'm happy to say the island is off to the side enough that it doesn't really matter. I'm also happy to adjust the location if there is some fitting location in the game.

Latooni Subota

Posted by me, all credit belongs to my beloved friend Lorkhan who is awesome and I love her. I only helped with playtesting and a few Prestige Classes.

I have too many concepts, so I'll try and narrow things down over the next day or two.

Angie

Quote from: lockepick on March 16, 2015, 11:47:46 PM
Reach Weapons: Oh! I didn't realize that the inherent Quick-Cast/Critical Attack/Reliable counted as a weapon property -- I'll fix that.

That's a sorta blink and you miss it rule, I only saw it myself on my 3rd reading personally.

AndyZ

PLAYER NAME: AndyZ
RACE: Viera
JOB: Entertainer
CHARACTER NAME: Lynn
PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION: Lynn most often wears a simple dress sewn up with bits of glass and faux jewelry, but she's saving up for something beautiful yet sturdy enough to be worn in travels.
SHORT TERM GOALS: Adventure!
LIFE GOALS: Find true love
FLAVOR QUOTE: Next time you'll dance the dance, baby!

PWR: 4
RES: 5
DEX: 10
MND: 6

HP: 19
MP: 8

FORCE: 2
FINESS: 4

AVOIDANCE: 8
ACCURACY: 1

ARM: 2

EQUIPMENT:
R.HAND: Song of the Heart/ +0 ACCURACY/Dexterity/10+2d6/ Medium Distance
ARMOR: Cotton Dress/ +2 ARM/ +6 MARM/ -

SKILLS:
-STARTING SKILL POINTS ARE PER JOB 24
-ONLY LIST IF ABOVE 0

Athletics2Force
Acting3              Finesse
Awareness3Force/Finesse
Escape3Force/Finesse
Inquiry3Force/Finesse
Languages3Finesse
Negotiation          3Force/Finesse
Perform        3Force/Finesse
Swimming1Force

From the Heart, Power Chord, Weapon of Choice

100 gil - Armor

150 gil - Weapon

250 gil

Lynn's heritage is a mystery, but that doesn't stop people from guessing.  The most common legend is that her parents were a talented musician and a blue mage, but stories vary greatly on which parent was which.

What is much better understood - even if the whys and hows elude all but erudite scholars - is her magical affinity.  As she dances, music and colors exude from her via pure arcane energy.  Every flutter of movement from her body affects the beautiful designs, and most of her life has been spent in learning to perfect every nuance of her body's motion so that she can put on a spectacular show.  With a little effort, she can even send out this energy as a destructive force, and has dealt with more than one monster in this way.

Since childhood, she's been captivated by the idea of true love.  Most often, the stories she'd heard involved a princess who finds her one and only in the midst of an adventure, though they were usually stories about Humes.  For the Viera, where only every sixth child is male, the odds are tougher but not impossible.  Hope has always had a way of burning brightly even when the rest of the world is bathed in darkness, and Lynn's heart is no different.

Her catchphrase is the result of a bad translation.  She'd had some practice with languages, but upon trying to explain to someone that life is a dance and you can't sit it out, she said something which sounds rather silly to the average speaker of the Common tongue.  (She also thought that "baby" meant "friend.")  Being the type to readily laugh at her own mistakes when people aren't cruel to her about it, it's become a sort of catchphrase for her.

Lynn has been seen in various areas performing, including for various nobles, though never for the Queen nor her consort.

Angie

slowmojoe

Quote from: Latooni Subota on March 16, 2015, 11:54:09 PM
Posted by me, all credit belongs to my beloved friend Lorkhan who is awesome and I love her. I only helped with playtesting and a few Prestige Classes.

I have too many concepts, so I'll try and narrow things down over the next day or two.

So sorry Latooni Subota. Please forgive me! :( I can only say I was affected by lack of sleep. I have corrected my post to prevent even more confusion.
I'm so glad at least somebody reads through the horsepile I've made of this so far.

PLAYER NAME: AndyZ
RACE: Viera if I can find a picture I like
JOB: Entertainer
CHARACTER NAME:
PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION:
SHORT TERM GOALS:
LIFE GOALS:
FLAVOR QUOTE: Next time you'll dance the dance, baby!

PWR: 4
RES: 5
DEX: 10

HP: 19

FORCE: 2
FINESS: 4

EQUIPMENT:
R.HAND: NAME/ ACCURACY/ATTRIBUTE/ DAMAGE/ PROPERTIES
ARMOR: Cotton Dress/ +2 ARM/ +6 MARM/ -

SKILLS:
-STARTING SKILL POINTS ARE PER JOB 24
-ONLY LIST IF ABOVE 0

SKILL         ATTRIBUTE
Athletics              Force
Acting         Finesse
Awareness              Force/Finesse
Escape         Force/Finesse
Healing         Force/Finesse
Inquiry         Force/Finesse
Languages              Finesse
Lore(X)         Finesse
Mercantile         Force/Finesse
Nature         Force/Finesse
Negotiation      Force/Finesse
Perform         Force/Finesse
Scavenge              Force
Stealth         Finesse
Swimming              Force
Synthesis(X)*      Force/Finesse
Systems         Finesse
Thievery              Finesse
Vehicles              Force/Finesse

From the Heart, Power Chord, Weapon of Choice

Looks good Andy,
to answer your question, your skill cap in a given skill is not only affected by your level but also either force or finesse, depending on the skill.
If both are listed, then you use the higher of the two.

Therefore your skill cap for Force based is 3, and Finesse based is 5

EX: Acting and Awarness cap for you at 5. Athletics cap for you at 3.

Florence

I think I could squeeze time into my schedule to play this! I've been itching for it.

I'm running a group game (as you already know, Zaer :P), but seriously... I've been wanting to play a game of Final Fantasy D6 for aaaages!

So I can toss up a character if there's still room :o
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Eislynn

Florence

Quote from: Katida desu on March 17, 2015, 03:47:16 PM
We're still recruiting. Come on in!

\o/!

Anyone else rolling a Dark Knight? I don't usually play those sorts of characters, but it sounds fun xD
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Angie

Quote from: Florence on March 17, 2015, 04:21:42 PM
\o/!

Anyone else rolling a Dark Knight? I don't usually play those sorts of characters, but it sounds fun xD

Not to my knowledge, but I am rolling a Paladin. Don't worry, he'll be more understanding about it then dickish.

Florence

Quote from: Angiejuusan on March 17, 2015, 04:26:46 PM
Not to my knowledge, but I am rolling a Paladin. Don't worry, he'll be more understanding about it then dickish.

Hey, with any luck, by the end of the game they'll be like this:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/VitriolicBestBuds

AndyZ

"You can't do that sort of terrible thing to my best friend!  Only I can do that!"

Angie

Quote from: Florence on March 17, 2015, 04:32:32 PM
Hey, with any luck, by the end of the game they'll be like this:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/VitriolicBestBuds

Dean's of the opinion that as long as you aren't using your 'darker' powers against the people we're supposed to be protecting, you can do as you will.

Florence

Hmmm, I'm re-using an old character from ages ago.

I originally had an image for her... I wonder if I can find it again... it was a woman with pinkish hair in battle-worn armor...

ReijiTabibito

Okay.  I made up my mind about my character race, at least.  I know it's gonna seem weird, but I'm going to play a Viera - no, a male Viera.  Unless there happens to be a shortage of girls in the party at the moment?  I do remember most FFs being near equal in protagonist genders...

Revelation

So far I believe we have 2 guys, 1 girl. And i'll be playing a male character as well.

Edit: Though personally I say play which gender you want! Also, FF-15 is basically a boyband.

ReijiTabibito

Does that current number include you?  IE, are you one of the 2 boys?

Revelation

I was just counting confirmed sheets as the current count. We have 2 guys with character sheets, 1 gal with a sheet. I don't have a sheet yet, but I will be playing a guy.

AndyZ

I was looking at female Viera who is searching for true love.  Reiji, since that kinda puts a big target on your back, would you rather I didn't go that route?

ReijiTabibito

No, keep it.  That might actually get pretty interesting...now I wonder...

Angie

Slight updates, adding Short Term Goals and a second weapon.

SHORT TERM GOALS: Acquire a powerful sword (selfish sure, but he admits that it is)

ATTRIBUTES:

EQUIPMENT:
ACCESSORY:

SKILLS:

SKILL         
Athletics   4        
Awareness   2   
Escape   2      
Inquiry   2   
Negotiation   2   
Perform   2      
Swimming   2          
Synthesis(Weapon) 2
Synthesis(Armor) 2      

Squire’s Shield
Chainmail

INVENTORY: Staff of Escape (Arcane Weapon, MND, 7+2d6, Quick Cast) (I picture this 'weapon' being given to Dean solely as a means of using Chivalry as fast as possible)
50 gil

Lust hasn't talked to me about the idea of me being his Princess's bodyguard, though I do intend to PM him.

Florence

http://simg3.gelbooru.com//images/0d/1d/0d1de99e1728fcfd70347ad6caebed5d.jpeg?807477

Found the image, though I was wrong about the hair color.

Not sure I'll use it for her.

ReijiTabibito

Andy, if you want to discuss characters, meet me over in the PMs.  I'll be more than happy to talk it.

AndyZ

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=144658.0

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=158164.0

Florence, both of these women are empresses of Photoshop and can do fantastic jobs with whatever you might want changed about a picture.

Zaer Darkwail

Yup, those two are artists and hair color would be easy to change.

Latooni Subota

A male viera? Those guys are jerks! Why do you think the females normally live in their own villages except for breeding? Hehe :3

ReijiTabibito

Hey, now...by the way, I was going over the current and projected Jobs for the crew, and I realize we have no healing.  Which in this game means either White or Red Mage...

Latooni Subota

Paladins can heal, and sometimes make excellent healers. Also: Consumables are quite handy. Engineers are just . . just fantastic.

Zaer Darkwail

Yup, consumables are great way to heal people up. Also I plan go for blue mage and get choco ball (heals myself + someone else and does dmg! Great monster spell for that).

Angie

I don't have access to healing right now. Just the group Escape spell.

ReijiTabibito

And Paladins don't get much in the way of MP, either.  2+MND points per level.  So, if a Paladin were to have the Cure spell (7 MP), and a standard MND value (let's say 6), he would gain 8 MP per level, meaning...by the time he hit level 15, he could cast Cure 15 times.  Oh good!  (MND * 2) + 2d6 HP...

...didn't the guy who wrote this say this was supposed to be bigger and more epic?

Angie

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on March 17, 2015, 09:00:20 PM
And Paladins don't get much in the way of MP, either.  2+MND points per level.  So, if a Paladin were to have the Cure spell (7 MP), and a standard MND value (let's say 6), he would gain 8 MP per level, meaning...by the time he hit level 15, he could cast Cure 15 times.  Oh good!  (MND * 2) + 2d6 HP...

...didn't the guy who wrote this say this was supposed to be bigger and more epic?

That's why I'm looking at the support spells, and why my Arcane Weapon is called the "Staff of Escape"-So you guys can get the hell out.

ReijiTabibito

Yeah, no offense, Angie, but Paladin magic isn't going to be a substitute for a proper White Mage...hell, a Red Mage might not even be a substitute for one.

EDIT: It's obvious to me that for this particular system, in contrast to how it's done in the Returner FF, parties are supposed to make quite liberal use of the Synthesis system and craft their items for healing and such.  A simple, ordinary potion is just as good at level 15 as it is at level 1, because it heals a percentage of the character's HP rather than a simple, flat amount.

Angie

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on March 17, 2015, 09:04:52 PM
Yeah, no offense, Angie, but Paladin magic isn't going to be a substitute for a proper White Mage...hell, a Red Mage might not even be a substitute for one.

EDIT: It's obvious to me that for this particular system, in contrast to how it's done in the Returner FF, parties are supposed to make quite liberal use of the Synthesis system and craft their items for healing and such.  A simple, ordinary potion is just as good at level 15 as it is at level 1, because it heals a percentage of the character's HP rather than a simple, flat amount.

Did you miss the fact that I said I was looking at support spells, as in I'm not trying to be a proper White Mage.

ReijiTabibito

No, I did not.  Rather, I think I'm actually applauding you for it.  I would suggest aiming for the more utility spells, rather than stuff like Cure and Aero and that Holy damage spell (Psh, you're a Paladin, Holy bleeds out your eyes).

Inerrant Lust

My idea for sorta multi-classing or job changing was gonna be Dragoon/White Mage. :P

Angie

I'd recommend against that, even with the rules for it, this is not a system built for multiclassing/job changing.

ReijiTabibito

Yeah, I'm with Angie.  Even with the Onion Knight ability, which lets you class change any time you defeat a powerful enough monster, class changing generally isn't worth it.  Maybe if there were more than 15 levels to be had, and you could get up to 50+ like you can in the E-games, but not in this system.

Latooni Subota

Inerrant Lust

Eh, I just thought it fit the fluff I was going for.

To be honest, I've been so busy with work and rl and such that I just want to hammer out the concept first. I haven't given the actual pdf much attention at all.

AndyZ

How does natural healing work in this game?  The White Mage innate ability does seem absolutely fantastic in that regard...

slowmojoe

If you're on the road, a full night's rest recovers 50% HP/MP. (Travel rest)

If you're staying in an inn or something of the like, it restores full HP/MP. (Full rest)

Some items have "Good Night's Sleep" property, which lets travel rest restore to Full rest.

A healing skill check of Challenging difficulty can also do this, but if it fails, the person that failed the check doesn't get any rest at all.

It should also be noted that you have to be in a safe area to travel rest.

Florence

Quote from: slowmojoe on March 18, 2015, 05:59:14 AM
If you're on the road, a full night's rest recovers 50% HP/MP. (Travel rest)

If you're staying in an inn or something of the like, it restores full HP/MP. (Full rest)

Some items have "Good Night's Sleep" property, which lets travel rest restore to Full rest.

A healing skill check of Challenging difficulty can also do this, but if it fails, the person that failed the check doesn't get any rest at all.

It should also be noted that you have to be in a safe area to travel rest.

Can I just propose that this video be posted every time the party sleeps? :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F1NE8XbuAw

Eislynn

Quote from: Florence on March 18, 2015, 06:49:34 AM
Can I just propose that this video be posted every time the party sleeps? :P

Oh ye of little faith. I'll have you know that I find music to be extremely important in the games I run, especially since this is final fantasy. :)

I'm-a cook-a sumpin up. ;)

Florence

Quote from: Katida desu on March 18, 2015, 07:04:29 AM
Oh ye of little faith. I'll have you know that I find music to be extremely important in the games I run, especially since this is final fantasy. :)

I'm-a cook-a sumpin up. ;)

Hehe, I am definitely looking forward to this!

Florence

I'm contemplating replacing the gauntlets with some healing items, cause Night Sword only works once a battle. I still need to fill out goals and the quote... and write up her backstory, but I figured I'd post up what I have so far!

PLAYER NAME: Florence
JOB: Dark Knight
CHARACTER NAME: Aeron
PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION: http://s4.postimg.org/q4b755f25/florence_zpsz1rgv4if.jpg
SHORT TERM GOALS:
LIFE GOALS:
FLAVOR QUOTE:

ATTRIBUTES:
PWR: 8

HP: 26

FORCE: 4

ACC: 3
AVD: 5

EQUIPMENT:
R.HAND: Bronze Sword/3/PWR/8+2d6/Reliable
ARMOR: Chain Vest/6/2/None
ACCESSORY: Gauntlets/Immune to Disarm

SKILLS:
Atheltics - 5
Awareness- 5
Escape- 5
Negotiation- 5

ABILITIES: Darkside, Night Sword, Last Resort

SPELLS: Sleep, Hex

EQUIPMENT:
Bronze Sword: Tier 1 Blade
Chain Vest: Tier 1 Heavy Armor
Guantlets: Tier 1 Accessory

INVENTORY:

Revelation

Was hoping to finish up the sheet before I went out for D&D - but it'll have to wait! I'll get it done tonight, promise!

ReijiTabibito

Hey, since music is apparently going to be a part of this, is there any much objection if I, say, bring in a motif for my own character?

Eislynn

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on March 18, 2015, 04:00:11 PM
Hey, since music is apparently going to be a part of this, is there any much objection if I, say, bring in a motif for my own character?

Be my guest. Anyone who wants to designate a theme for their character is welcome, even encouraged to do so.

In other news, slowmojoe and I are currently dealing with a minor plumbing disaster in our basement. I don't expect this to delay the game much, but if it does a little, please bear with us. We very much look forward to giving you all a great game no matter how long it takes!

Florence

Quote from: Katida desu on March 19, 2015, 06:38:18 AM
Be my guest. Anyone who wants to designate a theme for their character is welcome, even encouraged to do so.

In other news, slowmojoe and I are currently dealing with a minor plumbing disaster in our basement. I don't expect this to delay the game much, but if it does a little, please bear with us. We very much look forward to giving you all a great game no matter how long it takes!

:C Plumping disasters are just looooads of fun.

I'm sure we'll all be patiently waiting. I've still got some more work to do on my character anyway... and now I want to find a themesong for them xD

Zaer Darkwail

(Sorry for long delay, here is my char. I provide background later as it's quite long)

PLAYER NAME: Zaer Darkwail
LEVEL: 1 (ALL CHARACTERS WILL BEGIN AT LEVEL 1)
RACE: Mithra Male
JOB: Blue Mage
CHARACTER NAME: R'sohn Barada
PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION: Besides the pic, he stands 5'4'ft height and hood down he has pure white hair and cat ears and his eyes when not casting blue magic are feline yellow/gold and he is light in build and carries a staff in battle.
SHORT TERM GOALS: Travel, see the world, beat all his sisters in combat
LIFE GOALS: Find his mother (missing seven years)
FLAVOR QUOTE: "Never give up hope", "Aha! So that's how it works! Watch this!"

ATTRIBUTES (MIN 3; MAX 20) 25 to start, cost is 1:1
PWR: 6
RES: 6
DEX: 5
MND: 8

HP: 20
MP: 10

FINESSE: 3

EQUIPMENT
R.HAND: Apprentice Staff
L.HAND: -||-
SHIELD: None
ARMOR: Apprentice Robes

SKILL
+1 Awareness      
+1 Escape         
+3 Inquiry
+1 Languages
+1 Lore(Monsters)
+1 Lore(General)
+3 Mercantile
+4 Nature
+3 Negotiation
+2 Stealth

ABILITIES
Observe (innate + bonus)
Grand Summoner (Chocobo, personal)

SPELLS (Blue Magic)

Choco Ball (4 MP)

Target: Single
Type: Non-elemental
Reflectable
A crackling sphere of yellow energy is launched at the target
with a single, high-pitched note of kweeeeeeeeeh, inflicting
(MND x Half Level) + 2d6 points of non-elemental damage. The
caster and one ally of their choice each regain HP equal to the
total amount of damage dealt by Choco Ball.

SUMMONS

Chocobo

Abilities
Chocobop: Makes kicks to single target (PWR x 3) or (DEX x 4) + 2d6 worth physical dmg.
Choco Esuna: Removes 1 negative effect and gives +4 RESI stat to resist the removed status until hit.
Choco Barrier: Gives one char Shell and Protect.
Spells: Choco Ball, Fire and Meteorite
Astral Flow (Chocobo Rush): A stampede of chocobos do (Dex x 7) + 2d6 dmg to all foes.
Devotion: Completed.
Pact Gift: Able whistle and call a random wild chocobo to anywhere where your are and serves without complaint (albeit GM needs take account present area and determine is there any chance for chocobos naturally live in area) from miles away as a mount and gives +4 to nature checks to ride and mounted maneuvers while riding chocobos.

EQUIPMENT: Apprentice Staff (150 gil), Apprentice Robes (100 gil)

INVENTORY:
2xPotions (25% heal, 40gil), 3xether (25% mana back, 60 gil), 2xAntidote (removes poison, 40 gil), 2xeye drops (removes blind, 40 gil), Echo Screen (removes seal, 50 gil), Smoke Bomb (casts Escape spell, 50 gil), 20 gil in pouch

Background
R'sohn was born as youngest into runt in the family in
Khayuun
Khayuun is a mithran tribal community which is build on ruins which have over generations rebuild back inhabitable state. The tribe's primary self-chosen duty is to be monster hunters, their main foes being various fiends (powerful dark monsters) which creep from the Darklands. It's backwater community inside a mithran dominated kingdom which much is not known by outsiders (expect by sages). Community at large does not care for politics of the kingdom. The Khayuun culture has customs relating between relationship of man and woman (it's matriarch community) and it follows;

On mothers and family in Khayuun:
-It is matriarchal, so last name passes down from the mother, and women are the hunters/providers.
-Marriage is not generally a concept in the society. However family ties are considered of utmost importance.
-The mother is the head of family, and takes care of her children until the eldest female daughter can take over.
-The father is not required to stay with the mother after a child is conceived.
-Siblings tend to band together and live as family once the eldest is old enough to be on her own.
-Eldest female in the family has highest authority in regards important decisions inside the family. No outside party can influence it unless rest of the tribe is somehow involved.

More about male Mithra in Khayuun:
-Breeding males are rare and prized.
-A Mithra female may claim a breeding male as her partner. By law this claim must be consensual.
-If a breeding male is already claimed, both the male and his partner must consent to allow another female to breed with him.
-Generally, because males are rare, such requests are not refused. It's just a normal part of society. It is however very taboo to take a man by force or to mate with him without asking permission from his partner.
-A female may only claim one breeding male at a time. She may also revoke her claim at any time. However if female is gone over a 1 year without word nor contact to male, her claim is freed from him. Same applies when she is dead.
-A male may choose to breed freely without taking partners. But even 'one night stands' must be consensual.
, which is tribal city located at borders of Darklands, land of fiends ('fiends' is general term for dangerous dark monsters). His father raised the whole litter of seven children alone while their mother was a monster slayer from Khayuun, she worked aboard but mostly she staid in her home neighborhood slaying fiends which more than regularly crossed the border and started harass other mithra towns and cities in their country. All females in Khayuun were one way or another monster hunters while men only served in home as craftsmen and home keepers, few as they were.

R'sohn was bullied (playful fashion) by his elder sisters who all picked various professions and jobs related to monster hunting. He adored his mother who told her bold and brave tales from her journeys and the ancient ruins and wonders in the wasteland and exciting tales of her battles against fiends. R'sohn was very attached to her as she showered him with attention and love (which drove his sisters jealous).

But then, one day mother did not return....days turned weeks, weeks months and months to years. After three years with no word from her, she was declared dead as last what was seen from her she went on routine patrol to Darklands. R'sohn refused to believe she died, as since month her being gone he had repeatedly seen dreams about her, every night....he had chased her, called for her, cried, shouted and any ways to draw attention to him! But every time she just walked into darkness and disappeared from him.

Sometimes he sees nightmares where she is slain by a powerful feline monster and some cases parts change; her slaying the monster but then she is dying and in other a another (unknown) hunter has slain her by accident. He was 12 when she was declared dead...his sisters mourned but continued on their lives like they had past three years and father was claimed by a new mate. R'sohn was last from the litter to stay in house anyways as most his sisters already lived independently or part of hunting groups lodges.

So he sneaked out from home, left from safety of Khayuun, avoiding patrols as no doubt any of them would had returned him home as none children, despite gender, is allowed leave town after dark before they turn fourteen. Males never leave without a female monster hunter accompanying them. However R'sohn was grief struck and he wanted find his mother now, so he head to the Darklands, a place where no novice hunters should go and only so far his eldest sister had been given license to go there alone and two second eldest only as part of more experienced group!

With mothers tales and knowledge guiding him, he went into the dark wasteland...calling on her and either by miracle or luck no fiends approached him in first two nights. But in third day things changed. He came across a chocobo with a small chick, they were starving clearly in the wasteland and R'sohn wondered how they had wound up there. But none the less both were fidgety sort but he left them generous amount of his reserved rations into near by rock and stepped back....and watched after some cautious steps the chocobo and her chick ate on the rations and then chocobo mother gave nuzzling thanks for the meal to R'sohn.

But they parted ways and he continued on deeper while chocobos ate. He then finds some ancient ruins, which are ancient and predates to times when wasteland was once prosperous Mithran kingdom before ancient travesty had struck and ruined the land and split R'sohn's people intro tribes. He remembers his mother often investigate ruins to recover ancient artifacts...perhaps she's there?

But he forgot in all those tales the ruins held other perils besides fiends....including ancient defense mechanisms and traps which treated all intruders, even mithrans, as hostile intruders which need dealt with permanent fashion. In the city a dark metal construct, a sort golem, activated and almost hit R'sohn in single sneaky hit but he in time saw punch coming and he rolled and dodged it!

He was then chased across the ruins by the persistent construct, he wound up into dead end and then slowly construct approached to crush him to death....but then above him he heard loud Kweh! and there it was; the chocobo mother and her chick! The mother screeched and started mercilessly fight and kick, beak and hammer the construct with ferocity which filled with R'sohn in awe. He wonders even this day, how or why mother was in ruins....he speculates they maybe followed him for more snacks as they both were hungry after even him giving majority of his rations.

Either case mother fought, but construct pummeled her again and again, she was weakening but in final burst she hammered the construct which then in final act exploded and knocked the mother....dead in ground before R'sohn. Chick then chirped, repeatedly and nuzzled on mother's corpse and R'sohn cried then, as he can feel chick's hopeless efforts and disbelief. Feel sorrow for the brave mother who saved his life with her life and now left her chick all alone into wasteland.

R'sohn then comforted the chick most of the day until chick realized mother was dead and came over it and started follow R'sohn in his journey for his own mother. They spend night in ruins and then continued onward deeper into wastelands. Sharing rations with the chick who seem had adopted him as brother some sort. In over three days deep in wasteland they had another encounter, this time a actual fiend.

It was a minotaur sort creature which howled, red gleaming eyes and black horns and crimson body they ran for their lives! As when he stumbled, the chocobo chick did not leave him but rather stood selfishly ground and started chirp angrily on the minotaur, even attack it fiercely like it's mother had and attempted unleash the golden energy ball but only sparks escaped from the beak. Minotaur angrily kicked the chick aside and proceed raise axe to finish of R'sohn....then his eldest sister, B'baharra, came to his rescue.

She parried the attack and told R'sohn get up and prepare to run, as she knew dark minotaurs are physically tough and only harmed by magic and so her shield and sword are not much against it! R'sohn took the chick and they ran from the minotaur quickly as they could while his elder sister constantly spilled curses and calling R'sohn by various insulting names for sake of his idiocy...and wonder what in ancestors name had driven him to go The Darklands the all possible places!

But the lecture and argument ceased as they ran straight into a wide charm where bottom waited entire pack of fiends...so they sat between falling into chasm filled with fiends or face dark minotaur and so B'baharra raised her weapons and prepared fight. She fought well, she after all is considered veteran monster hunter now, but her shield nor sword could not harm the dark minotaur and she was rapidly tiring to block the immense blows by dark minotaur who did not look harmed at all. Then the chocobo chick continued try spit the odd golden sphere R'sohn had seen chick's mother do on the construct....it had been potent enough knock down such construct but the chick was too young to do it.

But R'sohn observed the chick's constant attempt to use it properly....and he somehow understood how it worked. Chocobo's are animals, but they are animals deeply devoted to each other and to their riders and their sheer courage, tenacity against danger and sheer compassion formed into pure energy which is meant to protect themselves and their kin. He watched the chick repeatedly try fire the orb off, and watching his elder sister fight for him filled him with the affection to her and also worry that she will die....the sorrow of not seeing mother collided with sudden fear of loosing his eldest sister, despite she had teased him he did love and respect her as she was very similar to his mother in personality if not appearance.

He was filled with anger to the dark minotaur, he felt his body burning with wrath from dark minotaur trying take his sister away from him! As chick besides him chirped and tried spit the ball, he clenched both his hands which felt increasing pressure and then something clicked in his brain as he moved hands together, feeling pressure from both hands radiating energy and colliding and building up between his hands. He inhaled deeply and the sphere started glow brightly as he thrust palms forward same time chick launched head forward and mimicking chick's cry he shouted; "Kweeeeeeeeeh!" His ball flied and hit on the dark minotaur on the face! The dark minotaur became blinded from the attack and energy filled in R'sohn in triumph and so same energy also reached to his sister! His sister was speechless, shocked seeing what her little brother did and so was caught off guard as minotaur swung blindly, not her nor R'sohn but earth beneath them and thus they fell down into chasm together.

Fiends dodged the stone fall but they fell into fiend nest filled with bug monsters....endless tide of them and thus triumph they felt was filled with despair and fear. The chocobo chick started cry, repeatedly and loudly. While B'baharra prepared for a grim fight against big tide of monsters which loomed before her, R'sohn once again followed the chocobo chick's example and started cry. Thinking perhaps another chocobo mother appears to save them....chocobo are after all pack animals. So mother and chick may had been separated from their pack.

But unexpected occurred; as large and golden vibrant chocobo appeared above them. Jumping down and picking up both the chick and R'sohn up atop it's shoulder and released a loud howling "K‐KWEHHH!!!" All while B'baharra held back on the bug fiends and was loosing the fight rapidly against so many of them! Then earth starts shake....then suddenly entire swarm of chocobos storm above the chasm and leap over them and start stampede upon the fiends! Trampling them with large tide of chocobos of various colors in all vibrant colors!

The chick which had accompanied chirped enthusiastic manner and several chocobos which passed them chirped similar fashion, the chick looked on R'sohn tough....and then with soft smile R'sohn slips off from golden chocobo and placed chick on ground and encouraged it follow the stampeding pack. So thus they parted ways as the chick with screech joined back on it's family. Leaving behind chocobo feathers and devastation as all fiends in chasm had been stampeded over.

After that his sister pulled him by ear (both literally and figuratively) back home. However as she reported events to her superiors, then elder of the tribe, Khel Vashai, came visit R'sohn and confirm something. Indeed, R'sohn had formed a pact with chocobos as a esper. Also he had acquired ability to use blue magic, both traits which are very rare and would make him very good monster hunter. However because of the experience near loosing her brother to the wastelands and by customs of the Khayuun his elder sister B'baharra had none of it about learning arts of summoner nor blue magic....she declared he will study to become a shopkeeper like his father had and stay home, as eldest female in family and blood related to R'sohn her word was final.

This infuriated and thus resulted R'sohn everlasting grudge and conflict with his elder sister who shut down him any chances to study arts of blue magic and summoner....as he feels if he becomes a monster hunter (which is against tradition but not unheard) he could find his mother! His elder sisters (as whole) call him stupid and that he should accept mother is dead and live on for her memory!

But the dreams continue, he knows mother is alive somewhere in the Darklands, but now one trip wiser he knows going there inexperienced is just suicide and will endanger his sisters. So he six years secretly practices whenever he can and study everything he can about blue magic, which is not much as there is no academies nor any written lore on the magic besides theories. The magic is all about experience or study monster attacks and then use them against them.

Summoner arts are more mystery but it's clear you need meet and do a task, test or directly challenge the summons to fight and defeat them to earn their respect and able to call them. So it means lots of traveling in the world and facing dangers. Yet another thing what his culture frowns upon!

In age of eighteen he then heads out from Khayuun, but this time heading outside his home kingdom and go to Gilaud (traveling on foot and on sailing vessels as airships would had left clear trace for elder siblings to follow) to seek other blue mages and mentor for him either on blue magic or to summoning arts. Hopefully far enough that his elder sisters will not find him and force him dragged home. So thus he hides his mithran features with hooded robe and keeps his tail carefully coiled inside his robes (and keep face hidden in hood to avoid his feline eyes to be shown).

slowmojoe

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on March 19, 2015, 06:34:12 PM
(Sorry for long delay, here is my char. I provide background later as it's quite long)

PLAYER NAME: Zaer Darkwail
LEVEL: 1 (ALL CHARACTERS WILL BEGIN AT LEVEL 1)
RACE: Mithra
JOB: Blue Mage
CHARACTER NAME: R'sohn Barada
PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION: Besides the pic, he stands 5'4'ft height and hood down he has pure white hair and cat ears and his eyes when not casting blue magic are feline yellow/gold and he is light in build and carries a staff in battle.
SHORT TERM GOALS: Travel, see the world, beat all his sisters in combat
LIFE GOALS: Find his mother (missing seven years)
FLAVOR QUOTE: "Never give up hope", "Aha! So that's how it works! Watch this!"

ATTRIBUTES (MIN 3; MAX 20) 25 to start, cost is 1:1
PWR: 6
RES: 6
DEX: 5
MND: 8

HP: 20
MP: 10

FINESSE: 3

EQUIPMENT
R.HAND: Apprentice Staff
L.HAND: -||-
SHIELD: None
ARMOR: Apprentice Robes

SKILL
+1 Awareness      
+1 Escape         
+3 Inquiry
+1 Languages
+1 Lore(Monsters)
+1 Lore(General)
+3 Mercantile
+4 Nature
+3 Negotiation
+2 Stealth

ABILITIES
Observe (innate + bonus)
Grand Summoner (Chocobo, personal)

SPELLS (Blue Magic)

Choco Ball (4 MP)

Target: Single
Type: Non-elemental
Reflectable
A crackling sphere of yellow energy is launched at the target
with a single, high-pitched note of kweeeeeeeeeh, inflicting
(MND x Half Level) + 2d6 points of non-elemental damage. The
caster and one ally of their choice each regain HP equal to the
total amount of damage dealt by Choco Ball.

SUMMONS

Chocobo

Abilities
Chocobop: Makes kicks to single target (PWR x 3) or (DEX x 4) + 2d6 worth physical dmg.
Choco Esuna: Removes 1 negative effect and gives +4 RESI stat to resist the removed status until hit.
Choco Barrier: Gives one char Shell and Protect.
Spells: Choco Ball, Fire and Meteorite
Astral Flow (Chocobo Rush): A stampede of chocobos do (Dex x 7) + 2d6 dmg to all foes.
Devotion: Completed.
Pact Gift: Able whistle and call a random wild chocobo to anywhere where your are and serves without complaint (albeit GM needs take account present area and determine is there any chance for chocobos naturally live in area) from miles away as a mount and gives +4 to nature checks to ride and mounted maneuvers while riding chocobos.

EQUIPMENT: Apprentice Staff (150 gil), Apprentice Robes (100 gil)

INVENTORY:
2xPotions (25% heal, 40gil), 3xether (25% mana back, 60 gil), 2xAntidote (removes poison, 40 gil), 2xeye drops (removes blind, 40 gil), Echo Screen (removes seal, 50 gil), Smoke Bomb (casts Escape spell, 50 gil), 20 gil in pouch

Generally, I like it. I think I'm okay with Grand Summoner in this case.  Although it's fairly obvious that this is an Individual Esper, it should be stated as such.  The only problem I can see is assuming that the Devotion is completed. I agree that it probably makes sense with your character, and it really only saves 1pt of Destiny. However, it is a boon otherwise not provided to the other players.

I think that we could perhaps compromise to say that you are close to completing your Devotion, so that you could potentially achieve it on pace with the others, without starting ahead.

Zaer Darkwail

Reason why devotion is completed is mentioned in my background :P. I post it tomorrow asap.

Latooni Subota

Character partially done depending on feedback about background fluff. Since there's a large lack of support-y goodness, I am making . . a dancer. Entertainer, with a few dips, before ending up with Entertainer/Bard again on my little projected class chart. (Namely Entertainer -> Time Mage -> Ninja -> Entertainer) I felt the need to prove to you guys how delightful job changing can be . . and I found a picture that inspired me.

Doesn't help that there were a bunch of applications for half the classes I was interested in playing either, lol. Either way, assuming it all ends up okay and I get in, come to me for all of your item crafting/skill monkey-ing/potion throwing needs~

AndyZ

Oh, okay.  Well, I can get to work on something else when I get another idea.

Angie

Quote from: Latooni Subota on March 19, 2015, 11:22:03 PMI felt the need to prove to you guys how delightful job changing can be . .

STOP.

If you're making a character to prove a point, you have missed THE point of making a character in the first place. If a character with a lot of little talents is what you're going for, then by all means, be my guess, but if it's done to try and prove something, don't, because it won't be fun. And that IS the point-fun!

Latooni Subota

You really think I'd make a character that wouldn't be fun to play? Come on now! I'm Latooni, I only play fun characters, usually to the exclusion of being useful! :D

*Cackles and stares at her Jade Regent character sheet for her Rogue/Wizard/Arcane Trickster*

Angie

Quote from: Latooni Subota on March 19, 2015, 11:36:12 PM
You really think I'd make a character that wouldn't be fun to play? Come on now! I'm Latooni, I only play fun characters, usually to the exclusion of being useful! :D

*Cackles and stares at her Jade Regent character sheet for her Rogue/Wizard/Arcane Trickster*

I wanted to make sure you were doing it because you wanted to and not because you felt you have to. My DM instincts kicked in and I wanted to make sure this game was fun for everyone-and thanks for not taking my post the wrong way, I realized after I posted it how much of a dick I sounded like.

That said, WOW we have a lot of interested parties. Is this Final Fantasy or Fire Emblem, dear god...

AndyZ

Latooni, any chance I can talk you into playing something besides an Entertainer?

Angie

Quote from: AndyZ on March 19, 2015, 11:38:54 PM
Latooni, any chance I can talk you into playing something besides an Entertainer?

Since my DM instincts are still on, I recommend taking this discussion to PMs.

Florence

Quote from: Angiejuusan on March 19, 2015, 11:38:09 PM
I wanted to make sure you were doing it because you wanted to and not because you felt you have to. My DM instincts kicked in and I wanted to make sure this game was fun for everyone-and thanks for not taking my post the wrong way, I realized after I posted it how much of a dick I sounded like.

That said, WOW we have a lot of interested parties. Is this Final Fantasy or Fire Emblem, dear god...

If there's a Fire Emblem d6, I call Myrmidon :P

Revelation

Sheet below!

Name: Alexander Fields
Race: Human
Job: Warrior
Quote: Bravery is trying, courage is trying after failing!
Appearance: A young man Alexander has fair skin, messy black hair, and one blue eye with the other apparently missing – covered by an eyepatch. He seems to prefer heavier armor, and weapons that are larger than most.

PWR: 8
RES:7
DEX:7
MND: 3

Force: 3
Finesse: 2

HP: 25
AVD: 6 (7)
ACC: 3
ARM: 8
M.ARM: 4
Destiny: 1

Job abilities
Victory Pose (Innate)
Paradigm Shift (Commando, Ravager, Synergist)
First Strike

Skills
Athletics: 5
Awareness: 4
Scavenge: 4
Synthesize (Weapons): 5

Equipment
R Hand: Bronze Greatsword (175 Gil, huge, Heavy Swing)
L Hand: Buckler (50 Gil, 2 arm, 2 M arm, 1 avd)
Body: Bronze Armor (100 Gil, heavy, 6 arm 2 M.arm
2xPotions (25% heal, 40gil)  2xAntidote (removes poison, 40 gil) , 2xeye drops (removes blind, 40 gil) 55 Gil free

Goals

Short term: Prove his skills by protecting others and defeating beasts that endanger others.

Long term: ???

Backstory

When asked of his past, Alex doesn’t say much. He’s not from Gilaud, a lightly foreign accent says that much – as does his general clothing style. What he does speak of as far as his past – he is the son of weapon crafters, and he will talk of seeing the forges ignite, seeing magic and strength used to hammer and craft fine weapons. He says that he trained in such – but that was not his true calling. Calling himself a monster hunter, he speaks of having been part of a team, and yet he is alone.

ReijiTabibito

Quote from: Florence on March 20, 2015, 12:31:42 AM
If there's a Fire Emblem d6, I call Myrmidon :P

I don't remember if it's d6, but I remember there is an FE RPG...

Revelation

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on March 20, 2015, 04:56:03 AM
I don't remember if it's d6, but I remember there is an FE RPG...

There are a few I think, I don't believe they are great, though.

Eislynn

Alright everyone! Slowmojoe or I will be messaging anyone who still needs to make alterations to their characters sometime this weekend.

In the interest of information, I've made a list of all submitted characters so far.

Please note: Your name being on this list does not count as approval
. Basically we both want to sit down together and go through to make sure we agree on approving each character. I will highlight the characters on this list in green as the two of us finish discussing. 

AndyZ - Viera, Entertainer (Lynn)

Apygoos - Unsubmitted

Angiejuusan - Human, Paladin (Harold Dean)

Changingsaint - Human, Warrior (Alexander Fields)

Florence - Human, Dark Knight (Aeron)

Inerrant Lust - Unsubmitted

Latooni Subota - Um... all of the things?

Lockepick - Human, Geomancer (Houna Ko)

MaiMizzu - Unsubmitted

ReijiTabibito - Unsubmitted

Zaer Darkwail - Mithra, Blue Mage (R'sohn Barada)

If I've missed anyone, please let me know. If your name is in the list under unsubmitted, we will hold a spot for you for a reasonable amount of time, but please don't dally too much.

The approved characters thread, and one or more OOC discussion threads will be posted sometime this weekend as well, along with a new Recruitment Thread if we find it necessary. No further sheets will be accepted here from players not already listed above. For any players who have not yet posted interest, you may consider recruitment closed for the time being.  Please do not post here, and instead wait for the new Recruitment thread which will detail what we are looking for in additional players or if there is space still available.

@Zaer Darkwail - Since you are the thread author, would you mind editing the title of this thread to include 'Recruitment Closed' at the beginning? Thanks!

Thanks everyone!

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, edited my charsheet include background. So wait GM's decision is the background enough warrant that pact gift is in effect or not. Also if needed I can provide details for my char's elder siblings, eldest so far is warrior job trained female mithran of high skill with sword and board. Also edited the title of the thread as requested.

slowmojoe

Just wanted to leave a quick post to let everyone know we are both still working towards getting this thing moving. We should have time tomorrow to finish going through everything. We appreciate your patience. Know that we are both as eager to get started as all of you.

Quick question to stir the pot a bit.

Would you like to have loot be fairly structured, in terms of "Player gets next weapon at this point"
Or would you guys like things to be a bit more random? I could make the loot drops like Diablo style, where you're not really sure what you're going to get, but you can still buy/craft what you would need from various shops and things. While the loot would be more random, I'm not going to drop a Tier 8 at the start of the game,  even if rolling goes well, just so you know. I think it could make for some interesting items.

Perhaps though if you already know what you are looking for, I won't bother.

Revelation

Option A sounds better for coherency and well, what FF/most JRPG styled games do. The diablo/lootfest method of 'Arbeques of the whale' and whatnot just doesn't feel like it'd fit the game overall. I feel the more appropriate measure might be a sliiiiiight mix. IE: If the black knight has a weapon tat can be wielded by one of righteousness, sounds like its for the paladin! But, if a the dragon has a chance to drop something neat, also cool! or, the players can go hunt down monsters monster hunter style and make a fancy Nero's Anguish by hunting down the savage deviljho and infusing a weapon with its essence, that also sounds fun to me.

Zaer Darkwail

I agree with Changingsaint in all regards; consistency and some pre-planning for loot drops would be ideal (besides shops where to spend precious gil for nice gear).

Inerrant Lust

Le sigh. I would really like to join in... but if I'm going to be gone for a month, I don't want to hold anything up.

You suppose there's a way I could join in late? The Setzer/Amarant/Cid/Rikku of the group? :P

Angie

Quote from: Inerrant Lust on March 21, 2015, 10:13:56 PM
Le sigh. I would really like to join in... but if I'm going to be gone for a month, I don't want to hold anything up.

You suppose there's a way I could join in late? The Setzer/Amarant/Cid/Rikku of the group? :P

If you're still rolling with princess thing..."Come! We must save these captured people from the monsters!" And ironically it's one of the girls of the captured group that end up helping us (only said because there's kind of a trope that women NEVER help the party in an RPG...)

Quote from: slowmojoe on March 21, 2015, 09:51:09 PM
Just wanted to leave a quick post to let everyone know we are both still working towards getting this thing moving. We should have time tomorrow to finish going through everything. We appreciate your patience. Know that we are both as eager to get started as all of you.

Quick question to stir the pot a bit.

Would you like to have loot be fairly structured, in terms of "Player gets next weapon at this point"
Or would you guys like things to be a bit more random? I could make the loot drops like Diablo style, where you're not really sure what you're going to get, but you can still buy/craft what you would need from various shops and things. While the loot would be more random, I'm not going to drop a Tier 8 at the start of the game,  even if rolling goes well, just so you know. I think it could make for some interesting items.

Perhaps though if you already know what you are looking for, I won't bother.

Honestly, as long as there's a good mix of cash and maybe some rare ingredients in with all the cool gear, the loot can all be Vendor Trash for all I care. I think enough of us have Synthesis skills that really, we can get by just fine making our own stuff. That said, I'm not adverse to being able to peel all our gear off dead tosspots and then throw a party with all the gil we have left over!

Lockepick

As for the Loot Tables: I'm fine with things being random in regards to properties. I think Synthesis is a big thing in this game anyway -- so there's already an enticing avenue for custom building stuff. I'd recommend asking everybody to pick a 'class' of weapons and armor they prefer, if any -- and you can just plan the drops accordingly.

For example: I wanted Honua to use mostly chain weapons (reach). I don't really care what the exact shape is, as long as it fits that general motif: whether it's another kusari gami, dancer's cloth (ala FFT), or a chain whip. For his armor, I'd prefer medium, favoring heavy cloth over literal leathers.

Angie

Dean goes with knightly longswords and I'm envisioning kite shields. His armor, it's medium right now, but he may be persuaded to switch to heavy.

Revelation

Alex - personally speaking, will not be picky. If it's a weapon he can use, he'll use it. I do like 'huge' weapons though because every jrpg needs a character wielding an oversized weapon... But if he finds a pair of fist weapons that allow him to fight up close and personal he'll hammer in every blow with fist and foot. And when those get outdated by a spear or a lance, he'll seek to make every sweep a heart seeking strike... And when he finds a hammer, he's gonna pound some enemies senseless.

Lockepick

Well don't go answering MY question! It was just a suggestion for the GM! I don't know if they're going to use it. You should be answering the GM's question!

Revelation

I already did discuss the GM question. :P I just find it fun to discuss what makes a character that character - weapons do tie into that!

Lockepick

Sorry, that was supposed to be a general reply. Didn't mean for that 'you' to be you specifically. :)

slowmojoe

Sorry everyone, I made a miscalculation, when I was explaining skills earlier, specifically to AndyZ.

Your skill cap is ((1+Level)/2)+((Secondary Attribute)/2)

I think I explained it previously disgarding the  second /2

as such some of you have skill caps that are too high. Since this was my error, I'm going to go ahead and approve characters that have skill problems, with the understanding that it be corrected in a timely fashion, as in before you do a skill roll.

Florence

I apologize for not having my background fluff filled out yet, I've been having a lot going on lately. I don't want to drop out of this though, so I'll be trying to get to that soon.

Angie

SHORT TERM GOALS:

ATTRIBUTES:

AVD: 7

EQUIPMENT:
SHIELD: Squire’s Shield/ 2/ 2/ +1 to AVD
ACCESSORY:

SKILLS:

SKILL         
Athletics   2
Acting 2        
Awareness   2   
Escape   2      
Inquiry   2   
Negotiation   2   
Perform   2      
Swimming   2          
Synthesis(Weapon) 2
Synthesis(Armor) 2      

Squire’s Shield
Chainmail

INVENTORY: 50 gil
Staff of Escape (Tier 1 Arcane, uses MND for Damage, Quick Cast property)

Edited skill points.

Revelation

I believe I just did my skills according to errata, will have to double check though.

Lockepick

Are we allowed to save skill points for later?

Frankly -- I'm finding myself at a point where I'm taking skills just to use my points, where I'd rather put them towards my 'focus' skills as soon as my cap is raised.

I'm also changing from a Reach Weapon to a Brawl Weapon, modifying my old post for it. I can repost it if that's easier.

slowmojoe

Quote from: lockepick on March 24, 2015, 07:24:20 PM
Are we allowed to save skill points for later?

Frankly -- I'm finding myself at a point where I'm taking skills just to use my points, where I'd rather put them towards my 'focus' skills as soon as my cap is raised.

I'm also changing from a Reach Weapon to a Brawl Weapon, modifying my old post for it. I can repost it if that's easier.

Yes, you can save points for later, however I'm limiting this to you have to spend them at level ups. This is only to prevent putting points in for the sake of being able to pass a skill check.

Revelation

plbbbbt

how am I gonna pretend to be a shonen hero if I can't pull skill points outta my ass!

I agree with that rule though, I feel it's appropriate.

Eislynn

Alright. Sorry this took longer than expected! Real life has been a little hectic for me and Slowmojoe for the past few days...

Without further adieu...

If you are on this list in green, you are approved (with changes or compromises we have already discussed of course.) You may post to Approved Characters. (Link below.)
If your name is on this list in red, Slowmojoe has notes for you regarding your stats build.
If your listing is in blue, I have notes for you regarding story/background.

AndyZ - Viera, Entertainer (Lynn)

Angiejuusan - Human, Paladin (Harold Dean)

Changingsaint - Human, Warrior (Alexander Fields)

Florence - Human, Dark Knight (Aeron) (pending backstory)

Inerrant Lust - Unsubmitted...

Lockepick - Human, Geomancer (Houna Ko)

ReijiTabibito - Unsubmitted...

Zaer Darkwail - Mithra, Blue Mage (R'sohn Barada) (Nevermind - Figured something else out) 

Approved Characters: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=226106.0
OOC CHAT: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=226107.0
Game Thread: (coming soon!)

Revelation

Whoops, I had it on my notepad for the character, but that was changed after I posted it. It should be listed - my 2nd job ability is First Strike.

Eislynn

Quote from: Changingsaint on March 24, 2015, 08:01:06 PM
Whoops, I had it on my notepad for the character, but that was changed after I posted it. It should be listed - my 2nd job ability is First Strike.
No worries! That quick edit to your sheet should be enough for us to turn you green! ^_^

Angie

Quote from: Katida desu on March 24, 2015, 07:57:24 PM

Angiejuusan - Human, Paladin (Harold Dean) (there is a minor issue with your shield)

Found it and fixed it.

Eislynn

Quote from: Angiejuusan on March 24, 2015, 08:05:49 PM
Found it and fixed it.

Looks good! Changing you to green! :)

Edit: NVM. You're still blue until I see your backstory... Sorry for jumping the gun.

Florence

... I could have SWORN it said 2 spells...

but looking over the rules again, you're right.

... I have no idea where I got that number from.

I'll be getting rid of Hex, then. Takes all my MP at lv1 to cast it once anyway. xD

Eislynn

Quote from: Florence on March 24, 2015, 08:12:03 PM
... I could have SWORN it said 2 spells...

but looking over the rules again, you're right.

... I have no idea where I got that number from.

I'll be getting rid of Hex, then. Takes all my MP at lv1 to cast it once anyway. xD

Sounds good! With that edit I'm turning you blue. (Since I don't see a backstory yet.)

Eislynn

Well I'm out for tonight - I start work very early in the morning, so I need my beauty sleep!  :-*

ReijiTabibito

I know we're not really supposed to worry about healing (since most of it will be handled by Items, I'm guessing), but we are still kind of missing a mage-y element in the party, aren't we?

ReijiTabibito

*looks at Mage classes, frowns*  Except for the Black Mage, they all don't...mages cast spells.  These guys seem to have MP pools barely big enough to cast a couple spells per level.  If your MP is MND + Level Bonus, then a Black Mage at 1st level would get...8 + MND, which let's say is near max - 9 - so 17 MP.  The basic combat spell costs 5 MP.  So...three spells before you have to recharge.

...that doesn't seem quite right...

Zaer Darkwail

Actually that's quite correct really. If speak earlier FF games. However I advice as caster take 3-5 ether potions to last through a dungeon and take arcane weapon so you can fire off 'fireballs' from staff as combat action (instead spells).

ReijiTabibito

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on March 24, 2015, 08:55:05 PM
Take arcane weapon so you can fire off 'fireballs' from staff as combat action (instead spells).

How do you do that?  I'm not seeing it...

Zaer Darkwail

Well, most melee weapons are short range only. When you use rank 1 weapon you have specific set of damage value when using them (rank 1 it would be 2d6+mind stat for arcane weapons). So instead describe 'smack them with staff' you can say 'I blast them with fire' as description.

Angie

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on March 24, 2015, 09:04:08 PM
How do you do that?  I'm not seeing it...

All Arcane weapons are set with the property of "Quick Cast" which allows you to cast a spell as a Standard action instead of a Slow action.

Lockepick

I think he was actually just referring to the fact that you can use MND to attack when using an Arcane weapon -- so the stat that also gives you more Mana for spells can also be used to just do damage!

Though the Quick-Cast property is pretty neat too!

Eislynn

Alright. Everyone who is fully submitted is fully approved.

Still waiting on a back story for Florence (Aeron)

RejiTabbibito and Inerrant Lust: Are you going to be submitting characters?

ReijiTabibito

I am.  I'm just being indecisive because meh.  I can say I'll be playing a male Viera.  The job choice right now is narrowed down to either Gambler or White Mage.

Revelation

Personally! I think either sounds fun, so go with what you like.

ReijiTabibito

Thing is that the White Mage gets a pretty nice innate ability - heal everyone back to full if they're conscious at the end of a combat..

Florence

Quote from: Katida desu on March 27, 2015, 03:17:37 PM
Alright. Everyone who is fully submitted is fully approved.

Still waiting on a back story for Florence (Aeron)

RejiTabbibito and Inerrant Lust: Are you going to be submitting characters?

Yeah, I'm really sorry how long its taken, its been a stressful week to say the least.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on March 27, 2015, 03:22:42 PM
Thing is that the White Mage gets a pretty nice innate ability - heal everyone back to full if they're conscious at the end of a combat..

Indeed, white mage hands down is best healer. As I mentioned with innate ability choice you can customize a little your char so it's not 'white robes and staff'. You could be a cool gun wielding white mage (I think you can take proficiency for guns in this game). Some image ideas for gun wielding healer/religious types;

Angie

Hmm, that almost gives me an idea to try and play Dallas from PAYDAY 2 as a White Mage (he does have a lot of healing skills, his class of Mastermind does carry the doc bags). His 'spells' don't even look like spells at all, they're all encouraging shouts. "Pain is just mental! Get back in the fight, buddy!"