News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

WoW: Cataclysm. Can you wait? o3o

Started by Wolfy, July 03, 2010, 02:18:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xillen

Quote from: Lyell on January 06, 2011, 08:40:55 AM
If a crappy healer is all that induces CC for you I envy your battlegroup. Clearly your DPS has a better grasp on how and when to use interrupt/stun/silence mechanics than my own.

Outgearing heroics as a tank helps a lot. I have almost twice the hit points now than when I first set foot in HCs. In addition, I have more avoidance and armor. I still pop CDs at the start of pulling big groups, to help out the healer as 5-6 mobs bash at me. If there is a healer in the pack, I nuke that one first. Admittedly, if there is more than one healer, I do ask for a CC on the second healer.

As for DPS, if I'm taking randoms, I'm often on top of the DPS meters (which is not that hard when you go full AoE on trash packs and do 14k DPS as a tank). If someone has really low DPS or is basically acting like a moron, I do votekick them out of the group.

Vincent

I swear you should meet my warlock. Only one person in guild is willing to tank for me anymore because i fear yo yo two mobs as affliction to alarming results.
The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair.
Douglas Adams

Proud Owner of what is His.

Vincent's D&Ds

Ideas.

Aiden

How are you out gearing heroics at this point in time? Are you in full epic gear already? I am not doing to bad myself but, I seriously doubt anyone is at the point they make Heroics a breeze. I have been in some very good groups, but those mobs are still hitting for a shit ton without CC.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/velen/brutalhoof/simple

Xillen

Well, Heroics drop 346 gear. Ergo, you go there to farm 346 gear. Once you are fully 346 geared or higher, you basically outgear the instance.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/trollbane/zoe/advanced
My gear's a little better than yours, having a few raid epics where you're still in heroic blues, but it's not that much of a difference. You have slightly more hit points, while I have slightly more parry and mastery. I do have 3200 more armor than you, though, which is quite a difference, in part due to the 2k armor trinket I'm still using from WotLK.

I wonder what causes you to struggle as much. Unless my healer's crap, I have no problems pulling pack after pack without using CC.

Then again, perhaps paladins have more utility. I got 20% DR on 1 minute, 20% DR + Cheat Death on 3 minutes and 50% DR on 3 minutes, which I use alternating at the bigger pulls. My Shield silences casters for 3 seconds, which makes it easier for me to gather all the mobs up, which might help. I also often stun one of the harder hitting mobs early in the pull, to reduce the amount of incoming damage. If someone else receives aggro from the wrong type of mob, a Hand of Protection quickly solves that. If there's incoming partywide damage, my Divine Guardian reduces that by 20%. Finally, if things go out of hand, I got the Lay on Hands lifesaver available every 7 minutes, either on myself or on the healer.

A "breeze" is perhaps too much said, but I can confidently keep pulling packs without requiring to assign CC beforehand, unless either the Healer or the sum of DPS is really too low.

Saerrael

I'm single handedly doing the 'Set the Oven to "Cataclysmic"' - Achievement. Quite doable. Especially if you AFK while cooking. *laughs* Small guild, but still.

LunarSage

*Loves his Worgen Protection Warrior*

Cataclysm is seriously awesome, even though my main is only level 72.

Yeah, I've been playing since December of '08 and still don't have a level capped character.  '

I'm a semi-casual player and have many alts.

I play on Thunderhorn.

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

The Golden Touch

Officially awesome.  Went in to get my Alliance t-shirt at Hot Topic today and got into a discussion about WoW with one of the female employees. >> <<;; Whoo!

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

LunarSage

Quote from: The Golden Touch on January 06, 2011, 09:55:52 PM
Officially awesome.  Went in to get my Alliance t-shirt at Hot Topic today and got into a discussion about WoW with one of the female employees. >> <<;; Whoo!

That's what I like to hear...

FOR THE ALLIANCE!!!!

The Golden Touch

Vincent

*beats it down in the name of the horde* Goldie, technicallly, aren`t youu betrying your patron sinnaage?
The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair.
Douglas Adams

Vincent's D&Ds

Ideas.

Saerrael

For the Horde... *growls and sucks the magical energy out of a random passerby*

DobbyDevotchka

GO ALLIANCEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Horde can suck it..

SinXAzgard21

-is hoping for civil wars within the factions-
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Lyell

I used to be Alliance. Rerolled Horde. Trust no one who says otherwise, the communities are the same.
When you absolutely, positively have to kill it with fire...accept no substitutes.

Saerrael

I've played Alliance as well. Horde and Alliance don't really differ all too much, like Ly says. It's more a feeling for me ;)

Vincent

I dunoo, t he servers i played on.. rather different.
Douglas Adams

Vincent's D&Ds

Ideas.

LunarSage

There are wonderful people and absolute jerks on both sides... though in my experience the jerks seem to be more noticeable on PvP servers.  Nothing against PvP in general, but I tried a PvP server once and no one would let me level.

The Golden Touch

-Puts her Alliance Flag back up-

Mmm, I've played both but I prefer Alliance to Horde.

Vincent

*steals and burries the  flag* Horde are just cooler.
Douglas Adams

Vincent's D&Ds

Ideas.

LunarSage

Quote from: Vincent on January 09, 2011, 06:55:54 PM
*steals and burries the  flag* Horde are just cooler.

I'll admit, I like playing pretty characters.  Horde are (what I consider) ugly monsters for the most part... and they are allied with the one "race" in the game who I feel are actually evil; the Forsaken.  I have a hard time playing evil.

The Golden Touch

-Giggle/snort-

Evil is easy. Being good is harder.  Though I seem to have a soft spot for Orcs and Tauren.

-Skull bashes Vincent and replaces her Alliance Flag-

Ryven

Horde all the way.  Undead will always have a spot in my heart.

Saerrael

Zaer Darkwail

Sin'dorei here also. Re-rolled from alliance nelf to belf because of the lore and that time blood knigths were badass.

Callie Del Noire

Sorry, reading through the Forsaken's backstory they seem to have one goal in mind. The genocide of all things living. (It is their self proclaimed goal).

That and the undead on my server are mostly jerks. (honestly!)

Between them and the new warchief, I can't get into the fun Goblin zones long term. :-(