News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Elluiki Question

Started by Vandren, May 13, 2008, 05:05:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vandren

Not sure if this is the best place for this, but . . .

Would anyone mind if I set up a categorized index for Elluiki?  The lack of user friendly navigation's bothered me for a while and I'm back, but unable to participate in games for the time (due to a long trip in the near future).
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Vekseid

Actually I have a different wiki being setup on 1.12... with seo-friendly urls and everything. Can you im me?

Vandren

Sure, I'm not on often, but I'm on YIM.
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Moondazed

Will the mediawiki pages be carried over?
~*~ Sexual Orientation: bi ~*~ BDSM Orientation: switch ~*~ Ons and Offs ~*~ Active Stories ~*~

Vekseid

Will be doing that manually, I want to have a public wiki face this time. Since there's not much there I don't think it should be a big issue.

Moondazed

Does that mean the pages need to be rated PG13?  I keep some info over there, but none of it is racy... I don't think :)
~*~ Sexual Orientation: bi ~*~ BDSM Orientation: switch ~*~ Ons and Offs ~*~ Active Stories ~*~

Vekseid

Quote from: moondazed on May 13, 2008, 07:48:04 PM
Does that mean the pages need to be rated PG13?  I keep some info over there, but none of it is racy... I don't think :)

What I'll do is leave the main and project namespaces unprotected, while protecting a private namespace where racy stuff can be kept, along with User, Image, and Template pages.

Also, once someone has gotten into the wiki, they've seen several warnings. At some points I'm probably going to relax the PG-13 bit by necessity (for the games wanted forums, as one example).

Vekseid

If anyone wants the location of the new wiki, pm me. If you have experience administrating or organizing wikis, and want sysop access, pm me.