Apocalyptic Horror (Interest Thread)

Started by PoisonousKitty, November 07, 2012, 02:26:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoisonousKitty

Ok, Well... I've been interested in two group roleplays for a while and sadly each time I get one going it all falls apart and dies... i'm not totally sure why, but it does none the less. I'm sure by now many know my style of writing and what types of apocalyptic stories I work with, mostly zombie's and scientific world experiments gone wrong, ive even been interested in Mythological scenerio's. Now, what I need are dedicated, responsive and excited people to join me in some kind of apocalyptic group roleplay. If I can get enough dedicated people to be interested I will throw up a few of my old ideas along with some new ones and we can all decide which we all like best as well as, tweak whatever we like with it :D. Love Y'all and hope to hear from some eager writers soon :D.

Shadow879

Color me interested, however I'm not entirely sure of my dedication. I am not doing the greatest in terms of consistency in any aspect of my life right now. Love playing post-apocalyptic, as long as you don't have a problem with me playing a somewhat bad-ass young girl. Not over-powered, per se, just *slightly* over the top. I'll PM you details or post them here if you'll allow anything of the sort, and I would be willing to tone her down if needed.
Never back down, never look back.

How to make love to the Dark

azzmeister89

As always kitty i'm in, perhaps instead of going down the zombie kind of story we could try something a little different? Perhaps some kind of new virus that very few people get to survive and in the aftermath the people who are left alive form small groups to survive and don't trust others

Caehlim

Well, it's hard to confirm interest without knowing much about the story, but I'd like to know more about this one. I do like the apocalyptic genres.
My home is not a place, it is people.
View my Ons and Offs page.

View my (new)Apologies and Absences thread or my Ideas thread.

Harlequinade

I am the same boat as Caehlim. I am definitely interested in the sound of where you're going, but I would like to know more about the ideas you had before saying that I am in completely.
What I Like
What I Want

Currently NOT available for new stories.
Unless of course you have already PM'ed me and we are working something out.

TheHangedOne

I'm tentatively interested, but I, too, need details to work with before I sign my name on the dotted line.  :-)
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Baalborn87

I'm happy to throw my hat into this ring. Add me to the interested group.

Caitlin

I'm interested to play a female in an apocalyptic/ post apocalyptic setting, but sadly all the stories I joined so far failed for one reason or another as well. The majority didn't even get going with an IC thread. As a result I'm not as motivated to write a biography at the moment as usual and really would like to see what I'm getting myself into first.

What I hope to see is a dedication/ commitment from every group member to write at least 3 posts a week (roughly 1 post every 2 days) and an active GM who will give daily updates, even if it's only a single line OOCly with an update of what's happening. (Especially at the start of the game, once things get going and the players can keep the game going without direct input that wouldn't be needed as much.)

Consider me tentatively interested. I really would love to join a game in this genre, but only when it looks like we'll get a really active group. I take my game commitments very serious and I originally joined E to play a (post) apocalyptic group game, but so far none of them took off yet. :(

For the rest I'm in the same boat as the others and I'd like to see more of a storyline first before making up my mind.

Baalborn87

would it be freeform third person story style? going player by player?

eg. Character ran down the hallway trying desperately to get away from insert threat. Ahead he saw Other players character had already reached area of safety.

This is slightly susceptible to Godmoding but if everyone uses their head and common sense prevails, it should be fine.

Caitlin

I may hope so... I only write in 3rd person view. It's only the freeform part that would be susceptible to godmoding, but how is that any different in any other game?

I think those details could be worked out with some clear rules up front. Unless it's a high combat action focussed game god moding usually isn't really a problem. Unless people are really coming up with things that are plain impossible, but luckily I didn't encounter that behaviour yet on E. It should easily be rectified with an active GM anyway, and like you said, as long as people are using common sense it shouldn't be a problem. :-)

You should also only roleplay the actions of your own character, and only respond to the actions of others, never write something for that. That's part of the common sense roleplay etiquette though.

Baalborn87

Glad someone knows what I'm on about. Had a bit of trouble on my highschool of the dead rp, when someone made a note of something my character did from their pov, but it was something I was planning my character to do anyway (nearly brain another persons character with a baseball bat).
Any idea what the apocalypse flavour would be? ala walking dead? falling skies (alien invasion)? or terminator esque?

Caitlin

In general people on E are good role players, and I don't really run into that sort of problem.

Maybe we could even have a combination of genres... What about aliens who sent cyborgs to Earth to invade us and try to kill us with a zombie plague. Or would that be a bit too much? :P
It might actually be nice to have a shot at eventually defeating the invaders. -grins- ;D

ausyandy

Hmm, I maybe, hopefully, might be, interested in being involved. (Awaiting more information... ;D)

I LOVE Post-Apoc (all kinds from Mad Max, Resident Evil, Falling Skies, The Walking Dead, George A. Romero's movies... Not to mention games like Fallout, S.T.A.L.K.E.R, Metro 2033, etc.. love it all), and have been waiting a loooong time for a decent one to show up, but haven't seen anything that really interests me whenever a post-apoc rp has appeared around here. So I look forward to more info on this, and finding out what kind of post-apoc story it will be(whether it's zombies, virus, end of civilisation, etc. or a mix). I can't be sure how dedicated I can be at this time in my life, I'm going through a very rough time emotionally, but I hope you'll add me to the list of interested potential players...

Caitlin

Roleplaying can be a great way to help you through rough times andy. You can put all your frustrations in your writing, and to deal with your inner demons you kill one of the enemies in a most gruesome and satisfying way. That is, assuming we'll put the roleplay in extreme. ;)

Shadow879

I am still here. Surprised to still see anyone posting :D The only one that has not posted back is the author :/
Never back down, never look back.

How to make love to the Dark

Caehlim

Yeah, that was my worry. It doesn't seem to be a good sign when the OP doesn't return and post anything in the thread.
My home is not a place, it is people.
View my Ons and Offs page.

View my (new)Apologies and Absences thread or my Ideas thread.

PoisonousKitty

Yeah, I'm really sorry I've been gone a lot was going on in my life (still is to a degree), however I am more than willing to get a post apocalyptic game going with all of you who are still interested. My ideas ranged in the past from just plain zombie apocalypse to a virus that was induced by a drug trafficked by drug, sex/woman and weapon's trafficker's. I am truly up for any ideas anyone has, however i would loooooooove more than anything to get my plot known as The Venom Project going again :D When i started that one a lot of people were interested it was the factor that after the initial liking of the game, only one or two people posted one or two posts and then all of a sudden it just died... To be honest I'm not totally sure why it just did lol anyways, I will throw up a few short things about my ideas and I can blow up the full idea of whichever y'all would like to do.

The Venom Project: Put it simply its a drug bust gone bad. A new drug has hit the markets for month's, no one knowing who is trafficking it and any effects it can have outside of simple hallucinations and making you feel relaxed and happy as fuck. The government has been monitering a very large group which trafficks throughout the world women and weapons for military usage as well as for terrorist uses. When the group is finally busted many people think that everything is going to be ok, until many people who were taking the drug start dropping dead in their homes for no reason, or some even begin to develop symptoms causing slight mutations.  Unbenounced to the world the bust was planned... they expected it and wanted it... the scientists involved in the experiments were ready for this as a way to expand and start the meltdown that would induce.... unbenounced to the them they didn't expect one of their projects to go so out of control or for their fellow gang/mob members to turn on them who were in prisoned...

just one idea will add more later ideas? or comments?

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

Roen

Come and Write with Me! (O/Os and Ideas)
Even the oldest of sights has a moment of rebirth.
-Nathan Alterman.

PoisonousKitty

As soon as I have more people interested I shall put up a character outline for this and even more in depth information :D

Caitlin

It sounds very interesting, but I'm not sure if I still have enough time to join. I joined another group game now, and although things are moving slow there, I have some other projects around the corner that need my attention too.

The game does sound very interesting though. :-)

PoisonousKitty

Your all good hun. I'm just trying to get some idea's flowing through this page :) I've been so busy with a lot, but I hope one day I can get a game going that will be able to not die xD.

Baalborn87

TheHangedOne

Count me out now; in the month or so since I posted interest, I've taken on enough games that I can't fit in another.
Check out my poet tree!