A Ranma 1/2 RP [UN]

Started by Kai, July 13, 2008, 07:45:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadPanda

(Hey! THIS time E flagged your response...cool!)

Well, for starters, I thought Kai was going to kick this off--the game is his idea, and that's why I discussed my plan with him in the first place.  If that's not going to happen, then I'm willing to open my plans up for review...my reluctance is due to the loss of 'curve ball factor', so necessary to much of what makes Ranma's life so interesting.

As I understand it, Mathim is Ranma, Galatea is Akane, and Kai is Ukyo...and I've got someone else.

Kai's given the go-ahead for the beach competition, so it's the beach.  Now so long as our principles end up having a quiet moment in the same place at the same time, we're good to go for my part of the situation.  SO!  Whether we start at the beach during the competition, or at the Tendo home the morning of the competition, or wherever...doesn't matter.

As for where to put it...I'd say Light or Bondage would be best.

Voluptas ailuri fulgentis decretum est!
Omnis nimis, temperantia ob coenobitae.
(Jes, tiuj frazoj estas malĝustaj. Pandoj fakte ne komprenas la latinan!)

One on Ones Suggestion Box
Group Game Suggestion Box
Pandariffic Ons and Otherwise
In Memory of Bishrook

Mathim

Well my idea sort of involved it being in front of spectators...just whoever happened to be at the beach that day, but no other main characters like the Tendo family or god forbid the Kunos...so unless Akane and Ukyo are willing to be a little bit of exhibitionists then we'll have to tweak some things. I mean, MadPanda, you said you'd be playing your OC, right? If it's a girl I don't think Ranma would want her in the competition, I wouldn't be able to wrap my mind around him developing feelings for someone I've never read about. Why not be Ryoga, and try to sabotage the competition so Akane loses and Ranma ends up with Ukyo instead, so Akane's free for him to be with?
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

MadPanda

Nope, sorry.  I don't like Ryoga as a character.

I have something in mind for this, as I've said...and discussed it with Kai, and he liked the idea.

My character would not be competing unless the competition were to happen after her introduction, and maybe not even then.

In Memory of Bishrook

Mathim

That makes it difficult to organize this. Maybe Ranma encounters this girl, and both Akane and Ukyo see it, and assume Ranma is juggling yet another fiancee and showing her more favor than he's been showing them. So they demand he choose one of them, and he has to throw them off so he can go back to his regular routine, and decides to hold the contest so at least it'll be the girls' fault if they lose, not his.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

MadPanda

Y'know, just forget it.
Have fun.

In Memory of Bishrook

Galatea88

I am sad!!!! Westley's threat to Humperdink is too long to use as a signature!!!! Waaah!

MadPanda

I mean that I'm sensing that we're working at cross purposes, here.  Kai liked my idea, but Mathim doesn't seem interested in letting matters develop much beyond yiffiness.

Rather than argue the point, I'm dropping out of the discussion.  Sorry.

In Memory of Bishrook

Galatea88

I am sad!!!! Westley's threat to Humperdink is too long to use as a signature!!!! Waaah!

MadPanda

Maybe next time.
Or if Kai makes me an offer I can't refuse... ;D

In Memory of Bishrook

Mathim

Well if you had simply explained your idea like I suggested, maybe this wouldn't have happened. I'm just shooting out scenarios while you say your idea is for an original character to come into the picture and nothing else beyond that, I have no idea what anyone really wants, so unless people speak up no one understands anything.

Kai

Alright, I see that there's a bit of a... disagreement going on here. Yes, I don't mind the Beach Competition, I also like MP's idea, instead of arguing about it, we should just let things blend together.

The point of a group RP is not to decide who everyone else plays out, but to just go with the flow, let things play out on their own. Ranma, Ukyo and Akane will all be in the same place, we can set things up that they're discussing things.

Maybe, things should START at the Tendo's and then work it's way to the beach? The new person will decide to join in as well.

Sadly I don't have much time, We'll have to work on this tomorrow..

MadPanda

Spilling the beans means ruining the surprise...which I'm reluctant to do.  Getting blindsided by new complications is part of the original series, and that's what I'm shooting for here.  Makes it a bit difficult to just tell you what's up my sleeve, get it?

All I need for this to work is for Ranma, Akane, and Ukyo to be in the same spot for a little peace and quiet, either before or after said contest--getting together to go to the beach, catching a bite to eat afterwards, or whatever.  My opinion is that 'beforehand' will work better, but I can work it either way.  P-chan, whether he's there or not, plays no part in my scheme.  He can be a loose cannon or be completely absent.

I already ran my idea past Kai, and he's cool with it.  The question is whether anyone else is comfortable with letting this roll without blocking...because once I get the ball moving, I have no idea where it's going to end up, either.

In Memory of Bishrook

Galatea88

I am completely open. I'm in this for the ride and will follow the story where it goes...

Kai

Good to hear. Then as long Mathim doesn't have a problem with it not being 100% Hentai, then I'm sure things are good.

MadPanda

In Memory of Bishrook

Mathim

I see, I misunderstood how this was supposed to be structured. I have no problem with any of that, but it would be odd for Ukyo to drop by the Tendo dojo and get in on any action so maybe it should start out at school instead, where all three of them, Ranma, Akane and Ukyo, will be there together? I have no idea what MadPanda's OC is going to do, but it'll be difficult to balance things without a second male like Ryoga.

MadPanda

Actually, it wouldn't be difficult at all.  Remember that in TOS Ukyo is almost-a-friend when she isn't being a rival, so meeting at the Tendo home for a planned day at the beach would not be out of the question.  Or, for that matter, meeting at Ucchan's.

Balance?  What do you mean by balance?  This is Ranma 1/2, man!   :P  Madness accrues: it does not necessarily reduce!   ;D

After all, who wants to watch a cartoon about a couple of perfectly ordinary kids who have a mostly ordinary life?  ;D

In Memory of Bishrook

Mathim

I meant for Ranma having Akane, Ukyo and your OC person. That's a lot of female even for a half-girl like Ranma to juggle. Having Ryoga or some other guy around would help keep Ranma from having a heart attack.

And my idea (I probably should have mentioned it sooner) revolving around the beach was because the girls would be getting in another fight over Ranma, and he'd finally say, "I've had enough! We're going to settle this once and for all with a contest! Let's do it somewhere private like the beach!" So it wouldn't be some planned thing, it would be more of a spur-of-the-moment thing like so many of Ranma 1/2's events.

MadPanda

What, no shojo-ai?  Tsk, tsk.  ;)  One must consider all possibilities here!

As it is, I'm throwing an adjustable spanner of massive proportions into the works.

But beach in Japan != private, as near as I've seen.  They tend to be rather crowded.  "Let's do this somewhere else" would apply.  Or if the girls have the fight at the beach...

In Memory of Bishrook

Mathim

Oh, there could be plenty of reasons why the beach wouldn't be crowded, especially if Happosai was around scaring away all the bikini-girls. And without Ranma trying to stop him, that might actually work to his advantage.

MadPanda

Problem is, there would be no reasonable expectation of the beach being private beforehand.  So perhaps having the fight wait until they get to the beach would work a bit better?  Assuming it doesn't happen a little earlier.

Or maybe the girls decide on the competition themselves, in yet another round of 'make a decision, you baka'.

Happosai is a logical complication for any trip to the beach.  And strangely fitting...

In Memory of Bishrook

Mathim

Maybe the girls meeting there on a crowded day and starting a fight could prompt them all to look for a more secluded area...? I'm sure we could just make up that there is one, like if there's a concert or something there distracting people's attention.

MadPanda

Hmm.  Happosai plus Pantyhose Taro would be good for clearing the beach.  Problem is that Ranma might feel obligated to bust things up...so the girls may have to keep him from charging off.  :)

Finding a secluded area on a beach might work, especially later in the day.

In Memory of Bishrook

Mathim

Right! Like maybe Ranma agrees to leave Happosai alone if Happosai promises only to terrorize the beach, and not come near them. I don't think Panyhose Taro would be a good helper, though, since unless someone wants to play him and help Ranma satisfy the girls, it would be pointless to have him there at all since he only appears twice in the series. Although, imagine how much he could ravage the girls in his monster form...

MadPanda

I was thinking more along the lines of a double-fiancee arm-hold and growlings of 'do not even think of ruining our perfect day out with a general brawl, you baka!'  :)  But that's going to be up to Akane and Ukyo.

In Memory of Bishrook