Text Msg Pictures

Started by Kurzyk, November 28, 2010, 09:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kurzyk

My phone is an epic Samsung 4g from Sprint. Someone sent me pictures through texting, and Im trying to figure out how to move the pictures from text to a folder in the phone.

Does anyone else have this or something similiar? When I pull up the picture there are no options that can be pulled up. I'm wondering if there's an app I need to download?

I have a limited amt of text messages and I need to retrieve the pics that are in them so any advice would be helpful.

Thanks!

Ket

Have you tried forwarding the text to your e-mail? Sometimes it works.

Even if your phone plan has a limited amount of texts per month, the texts will not just disappear from your phone. I have texts from a year ago on mine.

Also, have you tried hooking your phone to your computer and pulling the file that way? I'm not exactly sure how the Samsung phones work, but you may be able to copy the texts to a word document.
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

Caeli

I don't have this phone myself, but when I Googled up some forums and sites with that question, these are several of the responses. Worth trying, maybe?

The first one requires downloading an app. The latter two answers seem to the be the basically the same thing, though the third (from the Samsung FAQ) is more detailed.

QuoteThere is a free app that you can get. Market>apps>tools>top free>Save MMS.
Launch Save MMS from apps and touch the picture/s you want to save. It will save them to your Gallery. Hope this helps all who have asked this question  Happy.
QuoteLong press on the picture. When you have the picture up press and hold on it until it brings up another menu.
QuoteIf you received a picture via text message, you can save it, however you will need to check if there is an option to save it. Because not all pictures has the option to be saved. And you can also assign an image or picture to a contact. I’ll show you the procedure on how to save picture and how to add it to your contact.
To save a picture, just:
-tap on the menu key
-tap on application
-tap on messaging
-tap on inbox
-tap on menu
-select download attachment
Or you can just try to tap & hold the attachment(a long press)
Note: please check on the menu or options if the attachment can be saved or not. For every picture that you saved, you can view it on the file or gallery folder.
For further details regarding this phone, we advise you to visit our website www.samsung.com to check for other specifications that you may enjoy with this phone.
Thank you for your continued interest in Samsung products.
Sincerely, Technical Support

The third one was from the U.S. Samsung website's Epic 4G FAQ/How To/Tips & Tricks section.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Zeitgeist

If they are naked pictures, please share :P

Kurzyk

ha! Zamdrist.... i'm not saying  ;)

Thank you so much Ket and Caeli! Very helpful. Im off to sleep and take a look at it tomorrow. I think the app might be what I need to do as there wasn't an option during the download for anything but just downloading it into text. Ive checked in settings and didn't see a way to move to email, but ill look at the link for samsung and try some of those suggestions and see what I can find out.

Thanks!

Kurzyk

Figured it out! You guys were right.

If I just tap on the pic once, it blows up to full size and there's no menu or options. However, if I hold my finger on it, a menu comes up with different options including copying to an SD card, which stores it in my gallery or forward. If I forward I can just type an email address in and it sends. :)