Evermore

Started by GloomCookie, August 19, 2010, 02:52:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

orderNchaos

I'm still trying to consider what kind of an animal companion would be good for me...I had considered a wolf but I'm still debating that.  Maybe we can ad that in as a plot line later. 

I also wanted to ask, since I'm a Dhampir and a hybrid vampire with some of their strengths, it's only fair that I have a few of their weaknesses right?  Did you want to have our characters have weaknesses to help round them out or just go with what I've got??

GloomCookie

I'm happy to work with weaknesses, be them normal human ones like alcoholism or something like a combat weakness.  I welcome and adore sideplots to work through while we're playing, because it seems more 'real'.  Anyone wanting to contribute a subplot is more than welcome to do so, as well as ideas for future chapter ideas.
My DeviantArt

Ons and Offs Updated 9 October 2022

orderNchaos

I think the most realistic advantages/disadvantages to being a Dhampir would be

In exchange for natural healing ability (or a mild level of regeneration) and increased reflexes I have a mild intolerance to strong light.  I can move in day light but it's irritating and causes mild blisters if exposure to my skin is extended.  Also a need to feed once a week.  If I go without feeding for extended periods of time I begin to lose the strength of my powers.

Dracoat

This still open to joining? I'll post anyway lol, just turn me away if no.

"Forgiveness may not change the past, but it opens doors to the future."

I've taken theOath of Drake!
Check out my Introduction!
O/Os
If I'm not posting on time please check my A/A!

GloomCookie

Quote from: Dracoat on August 20, 2010, 09:17:28 AM
This still open to joining? I'll post anyway lol, just turn me away if no.

Get your character approved first.  We still have one or two openings, so you need to go ahead and do it if you want.

Quote from: orderNchaos on August 20, 2010, 08:35:13 AM
I think the most realistic advantages/disadvantages to being a Dhampir would be

In exchange for natural healing ability (or a mild level of regeneration) and increased reflexes I have a mild intolerance to strong light.  I can move in day light but it's irritating and causes mild blisters if exposure to my skin is extended.  Also a need to feed once a week.  If I go without feeding for extended periods of time I begin to lose the strength of my powers.

Feed on real blood?  Because I imagine in a place with vampires, they'd have a blood substitute.  But that's up to you hun.
My DeviantArt

orderNchaos

That's a good point...I didn't even think of that!  Hmm...ok.  Well if you have some sort of substitute that you'd like to add to the game that will work.  Maybe as a part of my recruitment contract, I get supplies of synthetics instead of having to feed on real blood when i'm on my own.

Dracoat

Name:Ray Marxsus

Species:Dwarf

Powers:Pen Light(1), Shallow Laser(2), Cutting Laser(3), Plasma Beam(4), Breeze(1), Float(1), (1 point left also)

Image:

Brief Bio: Born into the bloodline of the old Dwarfs, Ray was destined to be a mage. Dwarf mages are very rare as Dwarves have a natural resistance to magic, but every so often a baby is born with an attraction instead. Ray was one of those babies. He grew up learning the warrior craft of the his race, almost unrivaled in the old world, but the advent of projectile weapons changed that, as Dwarves favored melee. He then began training to harness the magical energies around him. He happened to be near a nexus of light energy, which allowed him to learn light magic easier. This elevated him to Elder status, a very esteemed order of Dwarves challenged to protect the balances of good to bad. He accomplished this feat at a surprisingly young age at the time. The Elders were protectors. Basically a "right" enforcer. He used his power and skill to dispatch many foes, his power increasing evermore. He soon mastered simple air magic also, as he did enjoy a good windy day. On one particular day the Elder Dwarves were all called into one place. They were to establish a new political entity, but a bomb was planted by persons unknown. Almost all were killed, a devestating blow to the number of old dwarves left. He now searches for all evil to undo it.

Spouse:Had one, outlived her. (She was Human)

Children:None

General Description:He is of the old breed of dwarf, as the modern dwarfs lifespans have shortened considerably. He is still young, equivalent of 29 in human age. His beard is clean and bleached white from his power. He does wear ancestral armor, made of plate. It's very effective against small arms. His battleaxe has been enchanted to cleave through almost anything, but he has to get close enough to do so.

Animal Companion: Beacon

Beacon is a white Phoenix, attracted to the light ability of Ray at a young age, she grew fond of him as he did her. Ray named her Beacon as she emits a soft glow at all times. she usually rides astride his right shoulder. Ray doesn't know much about Beacon other than she is rare and won't grow like a normal phoenix will as she doesn't have an ever growing flame. She still rebirths like a phoenix, but turns into a large diamond instead of an egg. He hopes to find an expert one day to tell him more of these magnificent animals.

O/Os

Dracoat

O/Os

Xanatos

I wouldn't mind doing sub-plots, I actually was thinking of detailing my characters background a little more through the game. When I think of what it is exactly, I will PM you the idea(s) Linna. If I think of any ideas for a main plot, I will PM as well.

Oh and Linna, will you be making an OOC thread?

JadeCore

More future proofing.

Xanatos

QuoteXanatos; What kind of guns are you going to allow? Only handguns, or can we get more exotic like automatic shotguns/.45 caliber automatic weapons?

Linna: You can have a semi-auto rifle or pistol at best.  Nothing automatic.  I'd prefer nothing bigger than 30-06.

Just like to point out Jade, that Linna does not want any automatic weapons. P90 are fully auto (I know they have single shot and semi-auto as well). It would be sweet to have full auto, but Linna is wise not to allow them -chuckles-. Having said all that, its still up to her if she will allow the weapon. Just thought I would bring your attention to it nevertheless.

GloomCookie

*yawn* sorry about that, I fell asleep after getting an early call this morning.  Anyway, let's see what you kids have brought to me.

Going in reverse order, we'll start with Jade.  Jade sweetie, I admire the effort, but I'm going to have to turn down your request for starburst.  I only want one character with a superpower for now, but get back with me at the end of the chapter.  I will be granting someone a superpower.  Um... as far as occupation, could you please choose something less military oriented?  The only military officers in the EDF would be higher ranking officers who are helping set up the organization, and I haven't decided who I want to be team leader yet, but with a military background, it would have to default to you.

Evermore acts as a different world entirely.  You need to explain how you would've ended up in Evermore from the 'real' world: was her family witches?  Did she encounter a portal to Evermore cast by a witch?  And the guns... the guns really need to be cut back.  C4 for a police officer?  I'm sorry but, you belong in the Evermore Army, not the EDF like that.  Sorry.

Dracoat.  I love the profile, and the picture is absolutely wicked.  A few tweaks please.  I'm turning down your request for starburst for the same reason I am for Jade.  Again, check back with me at the end of the chapter.  And Beacon... hmm.  As long as she doesn't grant immortality for you or anyone else, you can keep her.  I like the originality you put into your character, and I'm eager to see how you contribute to the RP.

And one last thing.  We are no longer accepting characters for this chapter.  Jade and Dracoat, you can tweak your characters and still join.  Please check with me if you want to be a secondary character or go ahead and sign up for the next chapter.  And as far as an OOC post, I'll get one up soon.  Thank you all.

Edit: OOC Thread is here
My DeviantArt

JadeCore

'kay, more tweaking. :)

JadeCore

-

GloomCookie

Jade, I'm sorry.  You're not reading the information, you're not trying to match and mesh with everyone else.  I have to deny your character and open your spot up to someone else.  You can join in the next chapter.
My DeviantArt

FallenFeather

Oooh sounds interesting. I love the point system. I'll think of a character profile for the next chapter then :)

Xanatos

Hey Linna I got a question which will help me and everyone else. Something I should have asked yesterday.

What is the maximum tech level you imagine Evermore having? Right now, for me at least, it feels a bit ambiguous and I don't want to cross the line in which you have imagined.

GloomCookie

Quote from: Xanatos on August 20, 2010, 11:59:20 PM
Hey Linna I got a question which will help me and everyone else. Something I should have asked yesterday.

What is the maximum tech level you imagine Evermore having? Right now, for me at least, it feels a bit ambiguous and I don't want to cross the line in which you have imagined.

Roughly modern with a few scifi elements, such as holograms that are made possible with magic.  High speed internet and such, maglev trains, electric cars, nanites that eat your brain... ok, the nanites don't exist, but still.
My DeviantArt

FallenFeather

Name: Anala Keahi
Species: Elf
Powers:
   - Candle (1)
   - Warmth (1)
   - Fireball (2)
   - Heat Ray (3)
   - Flamethrower (4)
   - Breeze (1)
   - Float (1)

Optional
Image:
Brief Bio: Anala was raised among the Fire Elf tribe, which, compared to the other tribes, had a much more volatile nature. She didn't have any poor or disturbing past, in fact her life was great. She went the her people's academy, learning their ways and magicks. She graduated top of her class, and as part of her people's adulthood ceremony, has left home to live among other races for a decade.
Spouse: None
Children: None
General Description: Anala joined the Defense League in hopes of being able to fight alongside the heroes. However, she was assigned to a secretarial position. The poor girl hates it, but hopes to get higher up there and help fight crime. It's something her people did, trained in the art of war. Regardless, Anala can't complain about her life. At least she gets to interact  with the officers for now. Maybe someday she can join them.

Tada! Character sheet for I guess Chapter 2. If you need me to tweak it I will :)

Xanatos

Lol! Nanites would be sooo cool yet so overwhelmingly powerful. The fact that nanites are already (and who knows for how long now) being taught in colleges is rather creepy; I know one guy in Brazil who is taking a class on nanites at his university. Soon we will have microscopic machines running around doing things.

Dracoat

Quote from: Linna on August 20, 2010, 02:40:21 PM
Dracoat.  I love the profile, and the picture is absolutely wicked.  A few tweaks please.  I'm turning down your request for starburst for the same reason I am for Jade.  Again, check back with me at the end of the chapter.  And Beacon... hmm.  As long as she doesn't grant immortality for you or anyone else, you can keep her.  I like the originality you put into your character, and I'm eager to see how you contribute to the RP.
Edit: OOC Thread is here

Tweaks where? I can tweak it all, just have to be alittle specific for me please. Beacon herself is pretty much immortal, but weak in the rebirth stage, as she can be destroyed while in the diamond. She is close to rebirth too. And I'm fine about the superpower.

And I haven't posted cause i pulled a long shift at work and slept for like twelve hours lol. So when shall I post? Next chapter or shall it be during the mission? Or as a passing in the streets?

O/Os

GloomCookie

For everyone who wasn't able to jump in yet, you are free to join us on sight, either having been on scene and arrived via other means, or you can just appear when you're ready via your own means.

Dracoat, if you could pick the third level laser instead of the lantern, that'd be fine.  The reason I want this is because it makes it seem as if you started with a level one power and built it up.  That's all.

EDIT: FallenFeather, if you want you can join in by serving as sort of a dispatch officer, someone who combs the libraries for information.  Keep in touch with the team and keep us on task together.  You won't have a physical presence, but you can serve as mission coordinator.
My DeviantArt

Crovonovin

I think I'll have Arthur be at the scene already.  Despite having been officially inducted into the League, I imagine old vigilante habits die hard.

Dracoat

Okay, I guess Beacon can be my light lol. Yeah I think I'll be onsite already. So I'll just wait till you guys arrive. I'll just be bustling around being a site guard or something of the like.

O/Os

FallenFeather

-salutes Linna-

Yes Captain! I shall be the invisible informant! Kinda like Garcia from Criminal Minds! If anyone watches that. I love her. :D Oh, but you'll have to let me know what type of information I should be giving and stuff since it's your world.