Writing prompts for story ideas

Started by lemaunt702, July 08, 2016, 12:51:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lemaunt702

I'm looking to stretch my imagination muscles, so I'm taking picture or writing prompts to write short replies to. 

If you would like examples please check Oreo's and King Serperior's posts and my replies in my introduction thread. Link posted below.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=204302.25

Oreo

Glad to help out. Prompt 1, I give you my signature quote. Tell me about him and what is happening.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

lemaunt702

Thank you Oreo and hope to hear your impression of the scene below and as always looking forward to any more prompts you would like to give. (P.S. Constructive criticism is always welcome)

Considering how long he has been wandering he feels something must be wrong with this place. There are no sounds or  signs of movement among the trees, not so much as a twitch of a leaf or wind blowing through the boughs. Trey having traveled all day in these conditions, now exhausted and starving falls asleep hoping this is nothing but a bad dream.

After what seems no time at all he awakes to the first sound he has heard that wasn't caused by himself. Standing near him is a beautiful woman in garb made of leaves and vines. Trey struggles weakly to his feet and hoarsely says. "Hello, can you by any chance tell me where I am?" She cocks her head slightly amused at the tone of his voice. Placing a finger to her lips she motions him to follow her. Trey being confused and feeling a little scared nods and starts to follow her.

Traveling by the small amounts of moon and starlight that filters through the trees. She leads him to a clearing that seems to be unnatural considering how random the placement of the trees have looked up to this point. She walks to the middle of the clearing and starts to dance with a grace that he has never seen. While she dances sparks of light seem to follow her path. She dances faster and faster taking up more of the area inside the clearing. It seems she is everywhere at once and then she stops right in front of him, looking deep into his eyes as she leans forward and gives him a light kiss.

Trey sits up in his bed stunned to see his room, with it's TV, radio, and desk. He slowly steps out of bed and walks to the window looking out to see the moon and stars. Wondering what the most vivid dream of his life could mean. He turns back to his bed and sees it covered in leaves.