One-on-One: Hunter Phoenix and Sophidian

Started by Sophidian, August 12, 2010, 05:04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunter Phoenix

Heading round to the back of the inn, Lièrén found Shie with the usual couple of buckets of water, he took one off of her and carried it.

He then saw a look of thought on her face.

"Penny for your thoughts?"
Where Will A Creature Of Darkness Hide If Not In The Shadows Of The Night.

Sophidian

"Hmmm? Oh." She shook her head with a few laughs. "I was wondering about the battle and any after effects. Like maybe the impurity of the water or the grass being burnt. Nothing too terrible, of course. I doubt the gods would have helped us vanquish them if they wanted to kill us."
Ons & Offs -- Searching for RPers -- A & As (September)

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass."
-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Nodding in agreement, Lièrén walked along with her.

"Maybe some of the dragon fire flew off and scorched some of the grass, I know what you mean though, I doubt someone would have done it on purpose, maybe I should check the water in a minute to see if anything has happened to it that may cause poisoning or something like that"

He carried the bucket into the inn and emptied it in the usual place, then set the bucket down. Looking at the water, it looked fine enough, but then if anything were wrong with it, it would hardly be visable.

Sophidian

Shaking her head, she poured the buckets of water into the larger basin. "We've been drinking it for months. No one's been poisoned yet. I'm not concerned."

Taking the bucket from in front of him, she emptied that out as well.

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass."
-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén nearly slapped himself for being so silly

"Yeah, your right, I'm just being paranoid again, we're all fine, we would have heard about it if someone had died"

He felt an ache in his shoulders so he raised his arms, stretching and felt better, he was just about to put his arms back down again when he realised

"Well, that was kind of unexpected..."

He looked at the arm that had been useless before hand, now it was raised, no pain in his shoulder, no nothing, it was like he had never been injured

"...Oh my god, I can move my arm again, this is great"

He was smiling, moving his arm around in small circles, testing it, liking the fact that he could move it again, then when he was just finishing swinging it around in circular motion, there was a loud snap and his eyes automaticall filled with tears, his arm fell back down to his side, pain was soaring up and down it and travelling along his entire body. He couldn't move for shock and pain, he looked at his shoulder, a small bump had risen on his collarbone and he felt a warm sensation spreading through his entire shoulder underneath his skin.

"Shie....help me"

He was close to crying, in extreme pain and fear that he was now internally bleeding. He also cursed himself for his own stupidity of moving his arm about so much before checking he was ok with the doctor, now he feared he would not be able to use his arm ever again.

Sophidian

"Lièrén!" She gasped, rushing forward to grab his arm. Holding it still, she fought against his shirt before she could ease it off. A bruise, growing from the collarbone out, began to dominate his chest.

"Alright," she said, taking a deep breath. "Alright, let's go upstairs. I'll send for the doctor..." Moving to the back where the servants are, she issued a few short commands before reaching him again. "Come on."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén followed Shie upstairs, barely able to hold back the tears of pain that were threatening to break out from his eyes.

Once they got upstairs, he sat on his bed, keeping his arm as still as possible, trying to make sure no more pain spasmed through him, he knew he would no longer be able to use his arm, he would have to make sure he could continue life without the use of it, but right now, he felt only a deep loss and an immense amount of pain, coupled with the feelings of love and care he felt coming from Shie as she had led him to his room and sat him down, never leaving him.

Sophidian

As soon as the doctor arrived, she explained what happened, motioning toward the stairs during her story. "Could it have just been too much exertion?" The doctor made a non-committal noise before he went to examining the arm. Each poke and prod seemed to be done to her as she winced and made tiny gasps.

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén kept as still as possible, but he couldn't help but have to grit his teeth every time the slightest prod sent pain shooting through his arm, he had obviously annoyed the doctor and was now paying for it.

"So give it to me doc, I aren't able to use this arm anymore am I?"

Sophidian

Shie let out a strangled cry as the doctor agreed. No hope now. No, "you may get better," or "possibly," but a resounding, "No." Sitting beside Lièrén, she stroked her hand down his good arm until she could hold his hand.

"It's not the worst news... You're alive still."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén nodded sadly, letting a tear trickle down his face, he held Shie's hand to stop himself from losing control.

"Yeah, it isn't the end of the world, I'll just keep this arm in a sling, make sure I remember I can't use it, that sort of stuff, looks like the blacksmith job has an opening again"

Lièrén looked down at the floor as his arm was put into a sling by the doctor, he paid the man for his troubles and then waited for him to leave, he looked at his arm, feeling sad that he could no longer use it, but he would manage, he would have to learn a lot more now so he could function without the use of both arms.

Sophidian

After showing the doctor out, Shie made her way back upstairs. Pausing outside of the door to collect herself, she took a deep breath and came back inside. The smile on her face made a valiant attempt to reach her eyes but fell flat. "Well, I think we have to find you a job with minimal labor. Maybe you could run for Town Leader." She sat beside him and attempted a smile again.  "You'd be elected almost instantly."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén nodded and laughed a little bit

"I like that I can still work, I don't think I am cut out to be a leader though, I'm more of a follower, besides, I don't think I could stand all the paperwork that would come with it"

He smiled a little, looking at her.

"Thank you, for being here once again"

He kissed her gratefully and then stood.

"Maybe I could train a new black smith or something, that would take up most of my time, it takes years to become a full blacksmith"

Sophidian

"That would be marvelous. I don't think anyone here knows how to do it." She gazed up at him, leaning back on the bed. "And you can go on your trips to pass the rest of the time. It sounds like a full life you'll lead with or without the use of your arm."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén nodded and smiled to her

"I'll fill my time in somehow, the trips will be good, I can also practice my swordplay one handed, to make sure I can still defend myself, can train other people to be blacksmiths so there are plenty of them around for various jobs, it can be pretty demanding at times and takes total commitment to forge a decent piece of equipment, not everyone can do it"

He then had an idea

"How about I become a teacher?"

Sophidian

Her brow quirked. "A teacher? What would you want to teach?" Sitting up straighter, she folded her arms and leaned her elbows on her knees. "We don't have many teachers here. It's mostly a home-schooling process. I'm sure the farmers would love to have that responsibility taken off their hands so they can farm more.

"And" she said, wagging a finger in the air, "you can use the inn during the day. We don't get very many visitors anymore."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

He thought for a moment, what could he teach?

"That was a very good question, I have no idea what to teach people, except how to be a black smith and how to fight with a sword, that is pretty much all I am good at these days, I'll have to think of something"

He liked the idea of using the inn as a temporary school

"That does indeed sound like a plan, we could cater meals and non alcoholic drinks in the day as well"

Sophidian

Nodding, she stood and glanced toward the stairs. "There's more than enough room for the children of the village. Perhaps just reading and writing. You'd be surprised how little education comes out here. It took me forever to learn sums." She tapped her fingers against her thigh as she thought.

"And perhaps sword fighting would be a good thing to learn. There's no assurance that we'll be this safe in the future."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén nodded again

"You make some very good points, so I could teach basic writing and sums, even though I was no great mind with numbers myself, sword play is all down to practice so I could easily teach that as well, it would certainly be useful to everyone in the future"

He smiled, he felt like he could still be useful.

"Thanks Shie, I love you so damn much"

He smiled even more and kissed her gratefully.

Sophidian

Smiling after the kiss, she wrapped her arms around his neck. "If you teach writing, I could help with sums. A bit of time out of my day wouldn't be the worst thing. And I like children." She blushed, remembering her girlhood dream of having a whole brood of children.

"I could run the topic by the men and see what their opinions are."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

He smiled and hugged her with his one arm, being careful not to knock his now useless one.

"That sounds great beautiful, I look forward to it"

He released her and held her hand

"Shall we go and see what they think?"

Sophidian

"Can't we wait until later? When they come to spend all their money?" She gave him a smile, fitting herself into his arms. "I'd rather just spend some time together. Maybe watch the sunset or something..."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén smiled at that

"That sounds nice, I would like that a lot, did you have a location in mind, or shall we just stay here and watch it out the window?"

Sophidian

"Here is fine. That way we can't be interrupted by anyone." Moving to the window, she tugged two chairs over, keeping the panes up to let the last rays of sunlight warm them. Taking a seat, she stretched her legs out and waited for the blue sky to morph into reds and pinks. "So rarely are we alone."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén sat next to her and held her hand

"Indeed, we seem to be the two most popular people in the village when it comes to events, it is nice to spend some quiet time together"

He nudged his chair closer to her and laid his head on her shoulder, he was a little sleepy, the shock from his arm was wearing off now and the pain was easing up as well.