Collaborative space opera (multiple characters)

Started by Sain, December 29, 2015, 12:26:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sain

Hey

I want some sexy scifi or science-fantasy space opera with
cyborg assassins
, armed and well armored
corporate/Federation goons
and various seedy
bounty hunters
chasing
our characters across
the worlds
and into
space
at the behest of 
them
who sit behind the scenes and play the Galaxy in place of golf.

I don't have the whole universe painted out, nor will I want to as I want you to participate in writing out details, characters and factions rather than just playing a single character and me or you being the sole storyteller for some established universe. There are some themes and concepts I want to see in the game though. I want
high stakes
stand offs, action and intrigue that isn't afraid to be cheeky and cheesy despite overall somewhat serious and detailed tone. There needs to be romance, tragedy and drama as one might expect of the space opera genre. I want to see a galaxy where humans are the biggest power and have long since transcended their limits with genetech, cyberware and bioware, often leading to individuals and sub-populations that are
not really human anymore
, though
less extreme
modification would also be commonplace. In reality the change from a full AI or a new species from humans would probably be a smooth linear slider with most of the Galaxy (or at least the core worlds) accepting such variety as the norm and making all big cities really colorful. I want us to put some story and explanation behind the tech, give the world and characters believable personalities and feel behind their outward appearance. Maybe real aliens would be somewhere in the mix also, but I would also like to see truly non human aliens such as creatures of 
pure energy
or fleshy/tentacly deep space
monsters
who also sometimes don a human shaped disguise, but can just as well grow to space ship sized blobs.

Other than that I don't think there are too many things that spring to mind... or well, I do want melee to be prevalent to allow cool sword battles :P and for armor to be anything between skintight nanotech bodysuits to tank sized mech suits. I wanna leave most of the details for us free to establish together and as we play so you have enough space to also squeeze in whatever you want to see in the story!

The game could start with us having just two characters and our heroes meeting in some large space station/space ship wreckage after various factions had an immense battle there. They might be sole survivors after some unthinkable event that they should not have seen, members of rivaling factions and at the beginning at odds or even hostile to each other, but still forced to cooperate under the circumstances. I'm thinking I would start with some kind of combat suit expert and probably a human.

Now to writing style, posting pace etc. I like lengthy posts. I would prefer you to be someone who doesn't have to struggle to put together a 1k words +/- whatever feels comfortable for the scene. Sure, sometimes character interaction calls for a few paragraph long posts, but there is no reason to fumble and stop the progress with each dialogue... come on this is forum RP, time is our bitch. For the pace I'm looking something flexible that might vary from couple times a day (rarely) to few posts a week. I would like if we were able to keep the world building ball/OOC communication going faster though. Any idea for a plot/scene/character or the setting might actually be fun to play out even if it feels really stupid for the one who comes up with it at the time. A little bit more to add to that note about collaborative writing rather than GM-player dynamic; for this story I don't want someone who prefers playing explicitly single gender/orientation. It should be a very varied scific setting and I want to write for it a wide range of characters.

Finally to kinks and smut. First of all I would imagine something like 10-40/90-60  smut/plot ratio (depending on the other writer's interests). I'm fine with glossing over most smut scenes in summary/montage manner, but I would be equally comfortable playing out some tasty ones. Kinks wise I prefer variety. If there are some things you're not into then that's fine, but if you say firm no to all types of bondage, non-human species, non-con, gay/lesbo pairings then it might take a bit more work to make this interesting for both of us.

A very loose setting seed I know, but I hope that the theme and flavor of what I'm looking for came across. If by now you haven't closed the tab and think this is your thing then send me a pm.
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

Darkleather

This sounds like a fun idea - I'd be more than happy to take part.

Loads of characters spring to mind :)

Sain

Ah sorry, forgot to lock this up. I already have a very promising writer found :)
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301