A failure of Faith (F looking for F writers only)

Started by SithMistress, December 01, 2015, 11:18:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SithMistress

I don't usually post single ideas. Especially if they can be found on my request thread. But, this particular plot has become a serious craving, and I'd love to play out this scene.

Before I get into the scene, let me lay out a few ground rules:

1. I'm looking for a female player. Sorry, Lords, but I've rarely met a man who can play a compelling female character.

2. This will be a plot and character driven story. So, I would like someone who is not afraid to write a longer post. If you normally post 2-3 paragraphs in your scenes, this is probably not the scene for you.

3. Semi regular replies. I don't expect daily replies. But, once a week would be nice. I don't want to be left hanging for 3 weeks on this with no updates.

4. Finally, I want someone who is willing to contribute their own ideas. I've had plots where I had to do the heavy lifting and it's not a lot of fun. I may not see all the angles or plot ideas, and you may have some good ones. It's open to discussion, and I'm pretty open minded.

On to the plot!

A deeply religious woman, born and raised in a devout family, has had an epiphany. She has struggled her whole life trying to reconcile her latent attraction to other women. With the recent court battles concerned same sex marriage, she has become increasingly aware that her friends and family are staunchly opposed to the subject and have extreme opinions on the topic. The woman knows what scripture tells her, but finds little solace in the words. She's grown ever more aware that the Bible she clings to was written and edited by man, diluting the message of God as she sees it.

In short, she's having a crisis of Faith.

She can't talk to friends or family about her struggles, as they'd shun her outright and practically exile her from their lives. In confession, the pastor can only quote scripture and suggest conversion therapy. After a few sessions, the woman can see that the therapy is a sham and there's nothing wrong with her. God has made her who she is, and how could he be wrong. The woman begins to seek help from someone outside the church.

An anonymous online forum for religious individuals questioning their sexuality recommends the woman speak with an LBGT advocate a town or two over. The woman makes an anonymous appointment for the next day. She dresses in baggy clothing, wearing sunglasses and a hat to try and disguise her appearance. However, either genetics or (as she believed once) God have endowed the woman with what many consider to be the ideal body. She has a perfectly proportioned, nigh hourglass figure, and was well endowed with a bust most women envied and most men yearned to lay their hands upon. Even the slightest amount of exercise yielded muscle tone, and she worked out three times a week to maintain her weight. Anonymity for the woman is damned near impossible, given that she is noticed and stared at wherever she goes.

What happens next? Well, I have a few ideas about that. But, I'd also like to hear your own thoughts.

I'm looking to play the role of the advocate in this, and not the religious woman herself. I'm not well versed in the Bible enough to feel comfortable in the role. Being a bit of an agnostic Jew probably doesn't help much in that respect.

I'm also not looking for something too dark or morose. My thoughts on this basically follow the idea that the religious woman is realizing that her faith is flawed and undergoing a major epiphany. An awakening, if you like. She is slowly opening herself to the possibility that faith itself doesn't have all the answers. But, she's not renouncing her faith completely.
Current status:A/As updated as of 12/17.
Feel free to message me if you're interested!

I currently owe: 3 out of 5

Ons and Offs
Ideas and rules for RP with me
Absences and Excuses

SithMistress

Added a clarification and some more explanation of the idea itself.

Ons and Offs
Absences and Excuses

SithMistress

Still craving this scene for some reason. Pm me to discuss the idea.

Ons and Offs
Absences and Excuses