City of Heroes and Villains:Sign-Up|Dead|

Started by BlackestKnight, July 13, 2012, 04:53:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackestKnight

The story takes place in the original fictional city of Neotropolis, Neotropolis is home to many heroes , villains, and in-betweeners alike. In fact,   there is no other city like it in that by per capita it has the largest concentration of known heroes and villains living in a major metropolitan area.

However this does not necessarily mean that heroes and villains co-exist in the city of Neotropolis, Neotropolis is largely a segregated  city with heroes living in floating highrise islands known as the Stratos whereas villains tend to stay in a part of the town called the Sub-terra. Which is actually located underneath the city. Most regular people and neutrals live on the surface. It is worth noting that there is a great deal of social unrest and tensions from all sides resulting from longstanding class issues.   Those who live up in the Stratos are viewed as out-of-touch elitists, who look down upon the common classes they're obliged to serve. Residents of the sub-terra are viewed as mostly unproductive troublemakers who threaten the stability of the city and surfacers often find themselves ignored or caught in-between the fighting from both sides. Many believe that rioting will bring ruin to this first-class metropolitan city. At the moment heroes appear to have the upper hand, but villains are slowly making gains of their own.

However recently a  trend has begun to emerge within Neotropolis involving both heroes and villains alike, Heroes are seeking out Villains for casual sex flings and vice versa, 'arching' they call it. It has it's origins from Greek "arkhos" meaning "most important" and "enemy".  It is a sort of way for both heroes and villains to pursue whatever sex based fantasies they may have while still maintaining a no-strings commitment that comes with hooking-up anonymously. In the tradition of arching, the handcuffed party whether it's a hero or villain usually is the subordinate party and has to obey their dominant partners commands.

There are a few rules to "Arching"

Arching Commandments
1. Don't fall in love
2. Don't let Arching interfere with your job.
3. Don't get caught by a civvie(civilan).
5. Don't try to convert your arch(although this is most often broken)
6. No VillainxVillain HeroxHero, otherwise it's not arching. Threesomes are exempt from this.
7. To signal an interest in arching, a hero or villain must wink twice. To signal a disinterest,"Joker" is the codeword

What is allowed
1. Multiple Partners
2. Assistance from other players
3. Using your powers(obvious)
4. Just about any kink or fetish

These are the rules of the game.

For Moral Alignments, see here

http://blog.geeksaresexytech.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/super-alignment-chart1.jpg
http://easydamus.com/alignment.html[/center]

Character Sheet

Hero/Villain Name:
Sex:
Orientation:
Bust/Cock Size:
Moral Alignment:
I am a (Hero or Villain) looking for a (Dominant or Submissive) Arch.
Appearance:
Powers/Abilities:
Potential Arches:
Kinks:

[/s]

BlackestKnight

Character in Progress

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Alias: Black Stingray
Sex: Male
Moral Alignment: Lawful Evil
I am a Dominant Villain looking for a strong willed dominant heroine to break.
Appearance: Black Stingray stands at a height of about  6'2" and weighs around 195lbs making him solidly built.  He has light blond hair cut at the bottom, brown skin, pale green eyes, high cheek bones, and an athletic build. He possesses black, eel-like tattoos that run across his back and along his arms and lower backside.

Powers/Abilities: While not possessing any inherent supernatural abilities. Black Stingray's power armor augments his peak human abilities to super enhanced levels, as well as grant him control over water and the ability generate electricity.

Electricity Generation: He has the power to generate electricity directly from his power suit, which he can channel through water or use as a direct offense against opponents.

Hydrokinesis: Stingray is able to manipulate water to serve any number of uses i.e. water blasts, whips, waves, shields, or water spouts to lift him into the air. He can manipulate water from a nearby source, like fire hydrants, lakes, etc or his waterpack. His water blasts are capable at slicing through metal and other materials.

Super strength: Prior to possessing his signature powersuit, Black Stingray could lift up to 800lbs as a physical peak human. His power suit augments his strength 5x fold,  allowing him to lift a burden as much as 4 tons.

Enhanced Durability: He is able to sustain multiple blows from superpowered beings without tiring. This also allows him to withstand deep  high water pressure. As a Navy seal, He regularly trained at depths thought to be inhospitable to human physiology.

Armored suit: Black Stingray has an armoured suit with a built-in rocket launcher. His helmet, fashioned like a manta ray, has red lenses that can fire laser blasts.

Superb Martial Arts Prowess: Prior to becoming a supervillain, Black Stingray trained in various hand-to-hand disciplines as required of his training as a SEAL.

Genius level intellect: A  member of MENSA, the high IQ society. He holds professional certifications  in the fields of aquatic biology as well as research and design. Black Stingray designed the power armor he wears using pre-existing aquatic life as a model.

Black Stingray's Power suit

Potential Arches: None as of yet.
Kinks: Bondage, Dirty talk, Humiliation, Underwater Nasty, Objects, Multiple Parters, Multiple Orgasms.

AribethAmkiir

Is there actually plot or is the game just to make a hero or villain to "arch" with?

MzHyde

Hah. Nice idea! Superhero taboos. I do like lots of sex, but as Aribeth said, is there a plot? What about one of the heroes getting caught getting his arch on? Or maybe that whole rioting thing happening and creating tension with the arch pairs? Y'know, when you said 'arching' I instantly thought of The Guild of Calamitous Intent from The Venture Bros. What if there was a professional arching service?

..Sorry, I'm rambling.

BlackestKnight

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on July 13, 2012, 05:26:08 PM
Is there actually plot or is the game just to make a hero or villain to "arch" with?

Quote from: MzHyde on July 13, 2012, 06:13:13 PM
Hah. Nice idea! Superhero taboos. I do like lots of sex, but as Aribeth said, is there a plot? What about one of the heroes getting caught getting his arch on? Or maybe that whole rioting thing happening and creating tension with the arch pairs? Y'know, when you said 'arching' I instantly thought of The Guild of Calamitous Intent from The Venture Bros. What if there was a professional arching service?

..Sorry, I'm rambling.

The game of arching itself is smut-based and it is a sub-plot but it is not THE plot, if you re-read my introduction, you will find that the city itself is currently  undergoing something of a social upheaval based on long unresolved issues of class resulting from how people are treated based upon their moral alignment, those who are identified as having questionable or antagonistic moral leanings face open discrimination and are resigned to live underneath the city in crime ridden ghettoes known as the sub-terra , people who are neutral live on the surface and those who have pure moralities, live on floating islands above the city's reach,  which alignment you choose for your character will most likely determine which faction you belong,where you live, your values and your interests. The villains want to bring the whole system crashing , neutrals want to be left alone to their own devices and heroes are concerned with ensuring stability above everything else, which means keeping with the status quo. I didn't like to beat people over the head, because I prefer subtle stories, but the plot is definitely there.

If it makes more sense. Heroes, Villains and neutrals are more like rival political parties trying to one-up eachother and gain terrority which determines the sphere of influence that your group commands. The best way to do this is to convert, incarcerate or kill someone from the opposing side.

P.S. I am aware of "Arching" and how it's used in the Venture adult cartoon, although I didn't think much of it when I personally constructed this roleplay, just a coincidence.

MzHyde

So basically the 'regular folks' in the middle kind of hate both the heroes and villains for various reasons? I'd imagine it's like, they're grateful to the heroes, but the heroes come off as kind of smug or something? Like how Superman is a bit of a jerkface. But what can normal people do, really? Would they fight back against the villains or petition the superheroes to be more down-to-earth? Or would it be the villains lashing out and the heroes forced to confront them and the normal people upset at being caught in the middle?

BlackestKnight

Quote from: MzHyde on July 13, 2012, 07:40:34 PM
So basically the 'regular folks' in the middle kind of hate both the heroes and villains for various reasons? I'd imagine it's like, they're grateful to the heroes, but the heroes come off as kind of smug or something? Like how Superman is a bit of a jerkface. But what can normal people do, really? Would they fight back against the villains or petition the superheroes to be more down-to-earth? Or would it be the villains lashing out and the heroes forced to confront them and the normal people upset at being caught in the middle?

not all neutrals are normal civilians, some neutrals would be considered anti-heroes and anti-villain or just out for themselves. Well-known examples of neutral characters. ex) Lawful Neutral: Judge Dredd, Nick Fury. Chaotic Neutral: Deadpool, Two-Face, Jack Sparrow.   True Neutral: Emma Frost, Punisher, Catwoman.

MzHyde

BlackestKnight

MzHyde

Okay, so D&D terms then. So is that what you mean when you say neutral in this game? I thought by neutral you meant just regular citizens with no powers.

Shjade

I'm more curious about the practicalities of "arching" than the plot, to be honest.

- How do potential participants even find out about this in the first place?
- Who came up with the rules? Who makes sure they're followed?
- What's to keep villains/heroes from simply imprisoning their subs once they're cuffed?
- What villain would actually stop enjoying himself just because his partner called a safeword?
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

AribethAmkiir

Quote from: BlackestKnight on July 13, 2012, 07:22:37 PM
The game of arching itself is smut-based and it is a sub-plot but it is not THE plot, if you re-read my introduction, you will find that the city itself is currently  undergoing something of a social upheaval based on long unresolved issues of class resulting from how people are treated based upon their moral alignment, those who are identified as having questionable or antagonistic moral leanings face open discrimination and are resigned to live underneath the city in crime ridden ghettoes known as the sub-terra , people who are neutral live on the surface and those who have pure moralities, live on floating islands above the city's reach,  which alignment you choose for your character will most likely determine which faction you belong,where you live, your values and your interests. The villains want to bring the whole system crashing , neutrals want to be left alone to their own devices and heroes are concerned with ensuring stability above everything else, which means keeping with the status quo. I didn't like to beat people over the head, because I prefer subtle stories, but the plot is definitely there.

If it makes more sense. Heroes, Villains and neutrals are more like rival political parties trying to one-up eachother and gain terrority which determines the sphere of influence that your group commands. The best way to do this is to convert, incarcerate or kill someone from the opposing side.

P.S. I am aware of "Arching" and how it's used in the Venture adult cartoon, although I didn't think much of it when I personally constructed this roleplay, just a coincidence.

I read all of this, and that is what captivated my attention.  It just seems like there's more focus and emphasis placed on arching in the introduction than the rest of it.

I'm interested in the game.  I love the whole dicotomy of the different divisions, don't really care for arching, and would prefer plot > smut.  I think it has great potential though, so count me interested.

BlackestKnight

Quote from: Shjade on July 13, 2012, 09:00:07 PM
I'm more curious about the practicalities of "arching" than the plot, to be honest.

- How do potential participants even find out about this in the first place?
- Who came up with the rules? Who makes sure they're followed?
- What's to keep villains/heroes from simply imprisoning their subs once they're cuffed?
- What villain would actually stop enjoying himself just because his partner called a safeword?

All of that is certainly true, a part of arching is about stepping out of your comfort zone to do something potentially life threatening but heroes and villains already do that by default.  A few things though, a standard hero of villain shouldn't have too much problem breaking out of a simple pair of handcuffs. The handcuffs are just a symbolic accessory.
A big appeal of arching is that you don't bring your work into the bedroom, it's meant to be an off-hours type of game where there is some level of off the recordness. Heroes and villains could potentially abuse arching for their own personal ends, and some do. However Arching is a self-regulated community and rumors do spread, a villain may not care about archings rules, but he/she will be judged accordingly. Sex is the incentive,  your reputation is all you really have.

The cover rule states that a hero or villain can bring along a trusted ally as a cover to help them if a problem were to arise, however it's all about finding the right hero or villain to arch with , I kinda see your point about the safeword, but danger is suppose to be a part of the roleplay experience. I don't want such a controlled environment that feels automated. It's just like hooking up with someone in real life, take the necessary pre-cautions if possible.

BlackestKnight

Quote from: MzHyde on July 13, 2012, 08:47:53 PM
Okay, so D&D terms then. So is that what you mean when you say neutral in this game? I thought by neutral you meant just regular citizens with no powers.

Most normal citizens live on the surface because most peoples morality is somewhere in the middle, although you have enhanced people who opt to live on the surface because their morality is usually neither, but they're mostly ignored. You have batman type people who live up in the stratos as well as joker types who reside in the sub-terra, both would be  "normal" in the sense that they're human, but their moral leanings would not be considered normal in any conventional sense. A neutral superpowered or non-powered person who lives on the surface would most likely be someone like deadpool, lady shiva, punisher types a lot of mercenaries for some reason tend to be this.

MzHyde

Well, I'll roll up a character if this gains some more traction. :)

Shjade

So it sounds like there's really nothing holding anyone on either side to the rules aside from their own preferences, meaning chaotic types probably won't give a crap about what's "supposed" to be done if they feel like doing something else anyway and evil/good types are likely to abuse the guideline boundaries either because they're evil and feel like being evil or because they're good and can't stand the idea of letting someone evil get away once they have a chance to put them down?

In other words, it's role-playing inside of the role-playing. Okay.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

MzHyde

Blobbe

I'm potentially interested in this idea, but I'd need to know what section it'd be in first before i commit myself.

BlackestKnight

I regret to inform everyone who has expressed an interest in this roleplay that  I have decided to put an axe to the roleplay for personal reasons.  If anyone would like to re-use the model of this roleplay for their own game,  they have license from me to do so. However, City of Heroes and Villains currently is not a project I have an interest  in developing.