Waxing Rhapsodic Photo Studio [BON, EX] - Now Hiring [Wo/MEN]!

Started by Esoteric Myobi, September 28, 2010, 07:34:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Esoteric Myobi

Walking down a busy street, you notice a crowd gathered at the entrance of a gallery. Ugh! As if it weren't crowded enough in the city! Freaking tourists just never know when to move do they? The smallest things of interest manages to catch their eyes...but many times it really is quite interesting...What could it be now? Another Salvador Dali exhibition with his utterly abstract and downright psychotic works of art? Or maybe Louviere and Vanessa with their 'fine photography' as all works are seemingly dubbed these days? Psh, modern art..."modern art" was more like it and this one couldn't be any different, could it?

Curiosity overcomes you and you find yourself drawn to the display window along with the rest of the crowd. Pushing your way to the front,
disappointment is clearly seen in the features of your reflection. As expected, nothing more than yet another 'photographer' making it big. Same old typical shots of landscape, nature, along with of course the photoshopped versions that land under the 'abstract' category. Big deal. But why is there a sign on the corner of the display stating this exhibit was strictly for people eighteen years or older? What, the demented flower can't be seen by innocent children's eyes because then the parents have to explain that no, flowers do not actually grow in such a twisted way?

As the doors open you find yourself filing in along with the rest, pushed at first and then willingly walking along as something pulls at you, stringing you along. The walls are lined with both color as well as black, white, and all the shades in between. Nothing out of the ordinary...until you realize there's yet another gallery hidden in the back. Why, you would have almost missed the entrance altogether if someone hadn't walked in right before you!

Stepping inside your jaw positively drops as a black and white photo with color splotches confronts your eyes. Was that? No, it couldn't be...it just couldn't be! But it is. The gallery of Esoteric Myobi is more than it seems. It exhibits photographs consisting of the most modern of arts, portraying the most beautiful topics hand in hand with the most taboo of subjects. Sensuous and dark, yet thrilling all the same. Ranging from the innocent calm of romance to the paths most never dare to venture.

Huh, no wonder there was a crowd! These walls, unlike their cousins outside, are filled with differing visages of both men and women alike, some sprawled out and posing luxuriously while others are tied and bound in obscene ways.

Just as you have completed your circuit of the gallery and are about to head out, a sign catches your eye:

Searching for new subjects.
If anyone is interested in being a model, please apply at the desk.
Thank you for your patronage!

Hmm what was this? Searching for new subjects? As...a model? The thought flits through your mind as you entertain ideas of become world renowned, your silhouette displayed in countries you've never even been to. Not quite sure what's waiting in store for you but not wanting to miss this once in a lifetime opportunity either, you sidle over to the receptionist's desk located snugly in its own little corner of the gallery. At the moment, the desk seems vacant and you start to feel uneasy...is this the right place? A tiny bell sits on a corner of the neatly organized desk and you decide you might as well ring it and see what happens...

Welcome to Waxing Rhapsodic!

If that little tidbit caught your interest then this may be the game for you. This is a game that revolves around art (photography specifically) and a finding of oneself as you explore different 'scenes'. A game of exploration, experimentation, and delving into places that you never dared to venture into before.

Although this game is based on BDSM, it does not necessarily mean that everything revolves around sex. In fact, there may be 'scenes' that would fall under 'Light' or 'Non-Adult' even. I would like to delve into what is behind the differing scenes of sex as well as, of course, its more carnal aspects.  I expect posts to be at least a few paragraphs (and definitely more than just a few sentences) so that players will have enough, if not plenty, to work with.

Think of this place as a company of sorts. It is the place to be and the place to go to if you're trying to hit it big as a photographer or model. If you can land it here, you can get in anywhere.

Positions

Photographers/Models: Pretty self-explanatory. Scenes can be discussed depending on what the models would like to experience, as well as of course, what the photographers would like to 'capture' in essence. Essentially, these two roles can be switched...as I'm sure photographers can always model for someone else...which would technically make them a model then. Obviously, whichever role you choose will be your main role in the end. =)

Assistants: These will basically be the people who help the photographers with their work whenever needed, as well as anything else that may need to be done around the studio. Assistants may be people who are amateur photographers at the moment but hope to one day walk proudly as a pro.

Staff: Greeting the visitors, making sure the front desk is running smoothly, shacking up in the storage room with a customer...Let's just call these people the secretaries, shall we? Of course, if ever needed, they (like all other roles) may also be called up to assist in a shoot, or model for it.

Security: The gallery and studio needs as much protection as do the models.

Buyers: I suppose you would term these people as the 'regulars' to the gallery/studio. These are people who are fans of the works produced here and would like to see more...or perhaps, would even like a specific piece taken. They are the financial backbone for the entire operation.

For those interested, please fill out a character sheet for approval! To make things simpler, just copy the following code and fill in the blanks. Also, if you'd like to play multiple characters, that's fine as long as you choose one to be a 'Main' character while the others are probably just 'Minor' characters. Please only submit one character at a time and wait for approval first. =)

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Role:[/b]
[b]Orientation:[/b]
[b]Specialty:[/b] (if any)
[b]Fetish/Offs:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Biography:[/b]

This is for anyone who might want to help advertise. It's optional of course, but sometimes people like clicking on the pictures in signatures. =)

Just replace the words IMAGE LOCATION. To find an image's location, simply right click an image and select "Copy Image Location." The code will float the image to the left of any text, but you can also replace "right" with "left" in the code to change it to the right side. Whichever suits you better. =)

[float=right][url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=83967.0][img]IMAGE LOCATION[/img][/url][/float]

Players thus far:

Photographers                    Models                    Assistants                    Staff                    Security                    Buyers         
Esoteric Myobi - Aline Myobi          Vergil1989 - Ronin Alexandros          Kunoichi          Christa McGinn - Matilda Olava Haraldsen          kaz - India Mercu          DudelRok - Shawn Albert Pierce
Falanor - Bastiaan Pranger          FallenFeather - Anastazja Borkowska          Writersblockade - Anthony Johnston          Esoteric Myobi - Lucy-Louise "Lulu" Bennett                    Samael Grimaldi - Renard Lanoire
Ink Slinger - Neviah Larkin          Dark King - Draven Blackwood          jaberwok - Paul Raike          despickable - Andrew Murton                    Languedechatte - Jarvis Driscoll
echoes - Morgan Delany          orderNchaos - Courtney Rivers                                       
Rukio - Dorian Silver                                                 
Lady Kitsune- Kitty Cho                                                 

Accepted characters can join the rest of the crew in our shiny new OOC thread!

...I want to be your wet dream, your daydream, your only distraction...
~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Lady Kitsune

Oh, Yay!  I would so love to model or be a photographer.  Shibari anyone?  Make you beautiful?

*snaps her camera*

Count me in!

:P
I am working on it, I swear!

Kunoichi

Ooh, nice to see this one starting up again. ^^ Photography asistant Kunoichi, ready for duty!

*attempts to salute, and hits herself in the face, causing her to fall backwards, trip over a prop, and get tangled up in several different lengths of rope that were laying around*

Kunoichi

And the character sheet's coming up...

Name: Kunoichi
Role: Assistant/Gallery Staff/Occasional Model
Orientation: Bi-curious
Specialty: Comedic Relief (which often helps nervous models relax)
Fetish/Offs: Something of a blank slate in this department, Kuno would undoubtedly be shocked and turned off if abruptly exposed to some of the more extreme fetishes out there.  A slower, more careful approach could turn her on to just about anything, however, and like a diamond in the rough, she has a hidden dominant side that could shine brightly, with a little work...
Appearance: Link
Personality: Extremely shy and prone to frequent and disastrous bits of clumsiness, Kuno's main positive trait is her determination to see tasks she begins through to the end, whether that be a photo shoot or anything else.
Biography: (Placeholder)

Still needs a bit of work, but hopefully I can come up with an appropriate biography soon. ^^;

Esoteric Myobi

Name: Aline Myobi [pronounced: Ah-leen Me-oh-be]
Role: Photographer - Owner
Orientation: Bisexual Switch
Specialty: She covers a wide range in photography and doesn't seem to have a particular specialty as she prefers dabbling in everything to see what end result she finds.

Fetish/Offs: Anal, Shibari, BDSM in general. While she's open to pretty much anything, it's always a good idea to ask first if you're not sure.

Appearance: A typical Asian beauty, her oval face is framed by long locks of ebony that trail down in feathered layers to mid-back. Olive-toned skin looks almost porcelain when in the right lighting, seemingly that much whiter due to the contrast of her hair. Dewy brown pupils stare out of almond shaped eyes, Myobi wears only light makeup and many times goes with the 'natural' look. Standing at 5'3" barefoot, the magic of high heels brings her up to an average height of 5'5"-5'7". A shapely figure with an ample breast, small waist, and rounded hips that come hand in hand with a backside she wished were smaller and flatter, sculpted legs follow most likely due to her tiptoeing around 24/7 on ridiculously high heels.

Personality: At first glance, she may seem quiet and reserved, but another look and she seems to be more sensual than anything else. Almost as if she wears an aura of mystery about her like a shawl, Myobi usually comes off as calm and pleasant. Professional yet a soothing presence instead of cold distance, Myobi seems years older than she actually is. The different facets of her personality show through from time to time. From the endearing caress to the harsh lick of a whip. Peel away the shawls she hides within...many surprises await.

Biography: Despite her age, Myobi came into her inheritance of the company early on at her parents' tragic death. The loss never seemed to effect her very much as she had lived apart from them from a young age - sent away to learn to be independent and experience the 'real world'. This introduction of the 'real world' brought into perspective many aspects that most would have skirted away from.

Owning a studio and gallery now, she decided to take a gamble and bring a different perspective of photography to light - one that was widely regarded as taboo. After giving the place a complete makeover, Waxing Rhapsodic was born. Once in an interview, Myobi explained that her reason for doing so was in hopes of bringing to light that this 'darker side' of the world is actually not as unpleasant as society portrays it. In recent years, several more people have ventured forth to try their hand at what Myobi deems 'art'...and many, if not most, have come to see the other side and embraced it with open arms.

"While many are tentative to step forward, they are also quite curious...what I offer is a way to quench that curiosity and experience a very different form of art firsthand."

As an 'artist', she is quite accepting and open minded. Always trying to find a more creative angle to fully portray the image captured in her mind's eye, some even refer to her methods along with her entire mindset as 'unorthodox'. When busy with a 'session' she is dressed much more casually and at times may finish the session looking rather disheveled.

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

TastyBacon

Name: Travis Ornet
Role: Model
Orientation: Straight, very lightly curious.
Specialty: Submissive shots
Fetish/Offs: Still fairly new he doesn't have many fetishes or limits.  Could likely be coerced into just about anything if done properly.
Appearance:  Travis
Personality:  Travis tends to be a bit shy around others, especially people he does not know well.  He prefers to try and get close to only a few people and stick with them rather than branch out and float around to others.  From his appearance, it might appear that he carries an arrogant attitude and thinks he is better than others, but in reality he is just too nervous and afraid of failure or rejection to be able to go out on his own often.  He is very non confrontational, and will tend to bend to compensate others, wanting to avoid any negative situations or upsetting or angering others.
Biography:  Ever since he had been young, life had been fairly difficult for Travis.  His parents were not wealthy by any stretch of the term, and as soon as he legally could, he was working to help them pay the bills.  He got on okay at school, but was not very social, both due to his innate shyness, but also because of having to work so much, he didn't have much time for socializing outside of school.  Not quite an outcast, but not a part of the 'in' crowd either, Travis had very few friends, but the few friends he did have were very dear to him.  As they grew up and moved on to college, Travis stayed home and continued to work, having to contribute more than ever due to his fathers deteriorating health. 

He had been on his way home from work, thinking of other places he could apply to get an extra part time job to help bring in more money when Travis had seen the crowd milling about outside of the gallery.  After entering and getting to look around, he was ready to leave until he saw the sign about looking for models.  He figured it would be a stretch, but it was worth a shot.  He knew he had a pretty good body for it, he just was mainly just nervous about what he might have to do, especially because his attitude screamed that he would not be able to look the part as a dominant in any shoots.  But money was money, and he needed it, so he went for it.

FallenFeather

Oooooh sounds really interesting! Maybe a model trying to learn photography :D

Edit:

Name: Anastazja Borkowska (Ahna-sta-zia bohr-kov-ska) Ana for short
Role: Model; amateur photographer
Orientation: Bi
Specialty: Experience as a model
Fetish/Offs: New to this "darker" side of things so none for now
Appearance: Ana has the proportions of a model: 5'8" (which is short for a model) and weighing a healthy 150 lbs, she's a common Eastern European beauty. Her natural hair color is dark brown, though she dyes it for the jobs and is currently a strawberry blond. Her eyes are a golden green color. She's very lean due to eating healthy and working out. During her modeling, she managed to tone her butt and despised her ample bosom, though figures that it'd be great here. Of course, because of modeling back in Russia, she waxes every part of her body.
Personality: Ana is shy when not on the job. She's very well known in Europe and is starting to get known here, so she always tries to keep herself hidden. She acts uncertain everywhere but work and in any other kind of professional association. When dealing with managers and photographers, she becomes out there and willing to put herself forward. Despite her quietness for the most part, she's extremely charismatic and people do tend to flock to her easily.
Biography: Ana was born and grew up in Warsaw, Poland. She had always been interested in dressing up and playing with dolls and swore to her mother that she would become a model. Realizing her passion, her mother took her to many casting calls, being rejected from many, Ana did get a few jobs early on as a child. Growing up, as she filled out, her offers increased until she was signed on to many major companies in Eastern Europe, especially in Russia, at a young age. Therefore, Ana is well versed in the modeling world and has started jobs here in the United States. She was wandering the streets, hidden by a disguise of course, and found the gallery. It interested her extremely and despite her better judgment, signed up. Of course she was reprimanded by her manager, but she wanted to try something new. Of course, she signed up with a different name, interestingly enough, her real name, not model name: Anna Volkov

BigBuckBob

Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?
I am disappoinment width you're grammer.

Esoteric Myobi

Kunoichi, Rabidmonkey, and FallenFeather - all accepted.

So glad that there's interest! ^^

BigBuckBob - Well, I'm hoping that with enough interest this can be a big game with plenty of photographers and models to go around. Each photographer would most likely get their own studio and from there people can choose who they'd like to pair up with. In the end, it would probably really depend on each person's own post rate but I'd like to keep the pace up since I won't be expecting giant posts with five huge paragraphs (though those would always be nice from time to time). So once every two to three days perhaps?

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

FallenFeather

Kunoichi

Untamed Skies

(needs to be fixed, so I'll sleep on it, and see what I construct on a rested mind.)

Cassiopeia

Well you know I'm in, and I'm thinking model/makeup artist at some point ... and perhaps whatever else is needed :P  I'm so glad this is back! ^_^  I'll put up my profile when I get home so I can find my pics.

Esoteric Myobi

Hehe, yay~! Will look forward to seeing your profile tonight then. ^^

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Cassiopeia

You haves already seen the sneak previews of the pics ;)

Kunoichi

Well, looks like everything's coming along nicely. ^^

Secretwriter

Name: Ingrid Schmidt
Role: Photographer
Orientation: Bi leaning straight
Specialty: Black and white, thought provoking photographs.  Classy and sexy artwork.
Fetish/Offs:  Not sure yet.
Appearance: Kat Von D.  5'6. Curvy. Wide hips and well proportioned breasts.
Personality: Quiet and pensive unless she has something to say. Very stern and rule oriented.  Flirtatious and mischievous.
Biography: Coming from a broken home and overcoming drug addiction, eating disorders as a teenager, and learning that she couldn't follow military orders, Ingrid became a bounty hunter in her late teens/early twenties.  She started taking photos for fun, as a hobby, of things that she'd come across on her journeys and then happened to be hired by an artist to find someone who had jumped bail after robbing him.  She, as a lark, showed him photos upon his request when they happened to get on the topic and he enjoyed them.  He talked to some galleries and she has had a few pieces featured but now wishes to get more into bondage photography. 

She dates model Daniel Hennessy.  They are in a committed relationship but are swingers, enjoying the comforts of other sexual partners both together and separately. 

If you need more, I can provide it. 

Secret's Bio | Tanja's Bio

I see hell in your eyes. Taken in by surprise. And touching you makes me feel alive.

♦ Kitty's Brain ♥ Pockets's Lucky Charm ♥ Doom Cookie Monster ♥ Shade's Spanking Machine ♥ Najdan's Sinful Little Devil ♦

FallenFeather

Clio

Well...I can't resist when I'm invited. :) Makes me feel all wanted and stuff...

I'll be putting up a profile soon.
Signature by the amazing Amaris.

Secretwriter

Secret's Bio | Tanja's Bio

I see hell in your eyes. Taken in by surprise. And touching you makes me feel alive.

♦ Kitty's Brain ♥ Pockets's Lucky Charm ♥ Doom Cookie Monster ♥ Shade's Spanking Machine ♥ Najdan's Sinful Little Devil ♦

Clio

Okay. I'm thinking either gallery staff or assistant that has never considered being a model until approached or needed. Either that, or a model. It seems that there will be plenty of photographers, and there should probably be at least one male photographer. Security and buyer don't really appeal to me. Myobi, what would you suggest?
Signature by the amazing Amaris.

Esoteric Myobi

Also, Christa, I think gallery staff or assistant would be fine. I'm hoping for a big group so we'll probably (read hopefully) have plenty of photographers and models. If we're short handed anywhere then you can always switch, or dual role if you feel you're able to. =)

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Kunoichi

*tests new sig*

Nice to see so much interest. ^^ Here's hoping this game lasts longer than the last one to bear its name.

Esoteric Myobi

Yup...let's hope so. ^^; I'm thinking that as long as I set it up a bit differently from last time then we should be fine. =) Now we just need the people .-.;

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Kunoichi

Well, judging by the interest thus far, I'd say we're getting plenty of those. ;D

We don't need some huge, big group anyway.  Just enough to have a nice, well-appointed photo studio.