Godhome (Possible NCEF Game)

Started by Vandren, March 12, 2006, 09:52:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vandren

Thought I'd dust off an old idea and see if there're any takers . . .

Godhome

Godhome is the place from which all deities come.  It is a palace of unearthly proportions and insane architecture placed squarely in the center of the multiverse.  Not only do deities originate here, but they return here from time to time to meet, politic, and fraternize with others of their kind, and their servants.  Anything goes at Godhome, even reality itself can be warped (in a small scale - say a max. 100’, 31m, radius).

The gods and goddesses bring their closest servatns, and acquire new servants, here as well.  Treatment of these mortals, or near mortals, varies widely, depending on the deity.  However 90% of servants are attached to a deity.  Those who have not sworn themselves to a given deity are free, on one hand, but they have no protection from the other gods and their servants.

Rules
1) Have fun.
2) Obey the Site Rules.
3) Respect the limits of other players/characters.
4) No god moding (posting other characters' reactions/thougths).
5) No copywritten characters (Elric, Dragonball, etc.)
6) No real world divinities (Zeus, Odin, etc.)
7) No power limits (deities always beat servants, though).
8) Players may have as many characters as they like.

Any interest?  If at least four people are interested, I'll request a board.  Probably in NCEF due to the potential for deities and servants to be of any race/species/appearance.
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Elvi

*smiles sweetly*
Soooooooo........finally decided to run it as a game did you?
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

Vandren

Quote from: Elvi on March 12, 2006, 10:14:50 AM
*smiles sweetly*
Soooooooo........finally decided to run it as a game did you?

In a modified version.  Not quite the same in that the deities aren't trapped in one area.  :)
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Strife

Ooooh, sounds gewd. *will pop by*
"Those who embody defiance, Shall meet with a deadly fatigue"

Sexual Orientation: Straight
Sexual Standing: Dominant (Although i dont mind playing sub)
Limits: site limits, guy/guy.

King_Furby

Personally I have seen that kind of idea in many places and few of them have ever worked. I give you props on trying to run and do wish you the best of luck, it's just not my kind of thing. Perhaps if you had the right players it would work out good, but my faith in ideas like that is low. I hope it works out for you..best wishes.

Vandren

Quote from: StrifeOoooh, sounds gewd. *will pop by*

That'll be two, assuming Elvi's interested.  :)

Quote from: King_Furby on March 12, 2006, 02:45:40 PM
Personally I have seen that kind of idea in many places and few of them have ever worked. I give you props on trying to run and do wish you the best of luck, it's just not my kind of thing. Perhaps if you had the right players it would work out good, but my faith in ideas like that is low. I hope it works out for you..best wishes.

That's odd.  Every time I've seen something vaguely like this run, it's become one of the most popular and most active games/boards on the site (3-4 different sites, depending on whether this one's included or not). 

I suppose I'll take that as a pointless post, seeing as it was totally needless.  *shrug*

King_Furby

I disagree at your post about mine being pointless. Nothing in life is pointless and everyone has something different to say, if you did not agree that would have been more than fine to say so and leave it at that. I did wish you the best and I am sorry that you took my post the wrong way, with text it's sometimes hard to understand the tone someone is really using. I hope your idea works for you, just because it's not for me does not mean anything and should not rain on your parade. Don't like my view discourage you, it's your idea and I do see there are others that like it.

My idea was not odd and there are many I know that would think the say way I do. It's was just my view and nothing else, it's best not to let what others say stop you from doing anything.

Best of wishes from the king of all furbies

Vandren

Quote from: King_Furby on March 12, 2006, 03:26:37 PM
I disagree at your post about mine being pointless. Nothing in life is pointless

I'm not interested in debating, but . . . it's really quite simple.

No one forced you to post.  The thread was created to see if there's interest in a particular game/board.  If you have no interest, don't post.  See, simple.

QuoteDon't like my view discourage you

Where exactly am I discouraged?  You give yourself far too much credit.

TigreFatalis

*gently guides the testosterone to different corners as she steps into the ring*

I'm interested in playing.  Any suggestions for character creation?  I mean, beyond the stated.  Would you have freeform or system?  If you want dice/system... not sure I could comply with that.  I'm far to creative [lazy] to actually research a game system.  *grins*

However, I'd like to be kept up to date on the progress of your game.  I think it sounds interesting at the least.  I'd like to know more about it.

*leaves the ring, allowing the testosterone battle to continue*
Sexual orientation: Straight
BDSM orientation: Switch
Ons/Offs - Updated September 2014
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4504.0

Back and poking around a little.

King_Furby

No insult was intended, sorry if you misunderstood me. It happens over the internet, sorry it happened to us. I am not going to argue over this, i was just stateing an opinion nothing more. No need to take someone with the user name King_Furby serious, honeslty how immature am I.

*The furby now takes his leave..got a kingdom to run*

Strife

Hum, well I see the different sides; on the one end you have the unimaginable god-modding chances and deterioration of role-play over short periods of time, which is usually the cause with inexperienced and immature players. Then you have the second, more adult side of things … which brings a lot of unbarred imagination and delightful expanse to the story, creating an interesting and attractable RP.

Personally, i believe there is more experience than inexperience here in elliquiy to make this work  :P

Vandren

To answer the serious questions from intersted parties . . .

Definitely freeform.  :)  There's really no point in a system when there're no limits (side note, the no limits thing is working nicely in Champions of Justice NCEF and elsewhere).

As noted in the posted rules, god moding won't be allowed (god moding being defined as posting another PC's actions/reactions/thoughts).  Munchkining (a.k.a. Powergaming; definied as going for the biggest and best powers, etc.) won't matter, since everyone can do it, again, see Champions of Justice in NCEF as a great example of this working.  :)  Honestly, I see little to no problem with potential munchiness, largely because there are at least two avenues to work out the results of potential IC conflicts in an OOC forum.  I see no reason for IC conflicts to work any differently than in any other freeform game/board.

Last note . . . that makes 3, assuming Elvi's in, so one more and I'll request a board.

Strife

Mmmm, my bad "Powergaming" not "godmoding", ive always seemingly remembered the two as one, old habbits die hard  ::)

Vandren

Quote from: Strife on March 12, 2006, 06:29:15 PM
Mmmm, my bad "Powergaming" not "godmoding", ive always seemingly remembered the two as one, old habbits die hard  ::)

NP.  I've seen that a lot of times.  :)

Seriously, though, I don't see powergaming as an issue in this case.  It hasn't proven to be a problem in Champions (which I've been with from its conception, despite a brief hiatus), and can work well enough, so long as the meager list of other rules are followed.

Creeper

I've been thinking of running something like this using a modification Noblis system (a diceless game for God-like Characters), so I'd be very interested.
Ons and Offs, yo: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4370.0

Too tired to post Wednesday night. Posts on Thursday!

Strife

Well, idealy each deity should have a weakness, for example; a water deity can only exist where there is water, end the supply of water and the deity either dies or becomes to weak to fight.

Just my 2 cents  ;D

Elvi

[/goddess mode]

Furby, whether you were 'raining on Vandren's parade' or not.
That was a very negative and unhelpful post.
"In your experience" is obviously not in elliquiy's experience, as there are, still running and have been, in the past, quite a few games that are this sort of format.
I have a game running now where one side are daemons, the other mortals.
The daemons have all of the power and although the game is very slow at the moment due to the players exam/break times and real world issues, it is still current.

Vandren, deep breath please.
Of all the people on here, I didn't think that I would have to tell you that you need to take a breath and calm a little.
You are a seasoned roleplayer here and in other places, you know the players here and you know what will and won't work.
I am surprised that you have taken Furby's comment so much to heart.

[/goddess mode]

Elvi

The only thing I did, just to make sure that the powergaming bit was cut out of game, on Seven deadly sins, was to say that powers had to be stated at conception and any not added then (unless needed to be added for a specific reason), would not be allowed.

Nobody has asked for extra powers, nobody has complained that they have been victims of powergaming.

And yes Vandren, I am in, of course......*grins* 

Strife

The RED it blinds my eyes!!  :'(

King_Furby

Everyone comes from somewhere else and I am glad you said something without taking sides. I probably should have gone about it another way or not at all, but everywhere else I have been welcomed comments either positive, negative, or bad. I did not actually slam his idea, i never said it was bad i just stated my opinion. Well now i know how this thing works and what custom is and how people react here. I just did not expect a reaction at that. Well I made a mistake and I will be first to admit it, i am very unhappy that i got taken wrong. Thanks Elvi I thank you, again sorry to all who thought i meant it in a way i obviously did not.

Quote from: Elvi on March 12, 2006, 06:48:27 PM
[/goddess mode]

Furby, whether you were 'raining on Vandren's parade' or not.
That was a very negative and unhelpful post.
"In your experience" is obviously not in elliquiy's experience, as there are, still running and have been, in the past, quite a few games that are this sort of format.
I have a game running now where one side are daemons, the other mortals.
The daemons have all of the power and although the game is very slow at the moment due to the players exam/break times and real world issues, it is still current.

Vandren, deep breath please.
Of all the people on here, I didn't think that I would have to tell you that you need to take a breath and calm a little.
You are a seasoned roleplayer here and in other places, you know the players here and you know what will and won't work.
I am surprised that you have taken Furby's comment so much to heart.

[/goddess mode]

Strife

Mmmm, well lets forget it then, bigons be bigons ... im sure both parties can make up  ;D

*hands out SPECIAL pie*

King_Furby

*Takes a bite out of the special pie, and hands out furby lazer of awesomeness*

Could not have been more said Strife

Elvi

Quote from: King_Furby on March 12, 2006, 06:57:44 PM
Everyone comes from somewhere else and I am glad you said something without taking sides. I probably should have gone about it another way or not at all, but everywhere else I have been welcomed comments either positive, negative, or bad. I did not actually slam his idea, i never said it was bad i just stated my opinion. Well now i know how this thing works and what custom is and how people react here. I just did not expect a reaction at that. Well I made a mistake and I will be first to admit it, i am very unhappy that i got taken wrong. Thanks Elvi I thank you, again sorry to all who thought i meant it in a way i obviously did not.

[/goddess mode]

It is not my place as goddess to take sides unless of course it is a blatant attack upon someone.

I will, however, say that your comment was negative and could have been phrased better.
There is nothing wrong with saying that a game is, in your opinion, not going to work, but it is also better to try and give an opinion as to how you see it could be improved.   

I suggest that instead of continueing the arguement, that unless you do have further comment upon the workings of the game and how to improve it, that you let it drop and allow those who do have an interest and contributions to make, continue.

[/goddess mode]

(Oh and Stire, you're lucky I could have done THIS ......*grins evily in an Elvi type way*)

Hunter

Quote from: Elvi on March 12, 2006, 07:24:08 PM

(Oh and Stire, you're lucky I could have done THIS ......*grins evily in an Elvi type way*)

[/off topic]She's so cute when she's being evilish.   :P[/off topic]

Strife

Please ... dont quote the evil blinding imagery!  >:(

*chews on elvi's hair*