Godhome (Possible NCEF Game)

Started by Vandren, March 12, 2006, 09:52:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elvi

OY!
Are you two wandering aorund threads sniping at each other on purpose, or is it an unhappy coincidence?
Just don't make me have to use the red again!

*bangs both heads together*
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

Vandren

Quote from: CreeperI've been thinking of running something like this using a modification Noblis system (a diceless game for God-like Characters), so I'd be very interested.

Ok, that makes four.  :)

Quote from: StrifeWell, idealy each deity should have a weakness, for example; a water deity can only exist where there is water, end the supply of water and the deity either dies or becomes to weak to fight.

I've got a spot on the profiles for weaknesses, for both types.  Ideally, powers will fit in with the sphere of influence te deity has as well. For example, it'd make no sense for, say, Loki (due to his association with fire) to have control over water.  :)

Quote from: ElviThe only thing I did, just to make sure that the powergaming bit was cut out of game, on Seven deadly sins, was to say that powers had to be stated at conception and any not added then (unless needed to be added for a specific reason), would not be allowed.

That's the basic idea, powers have to be listed in the character profiles.  Oh, and servants can have powers to, though I think a maximum limit of 3 sounds good.  :)

So, since four have "signed" on the dotted line . . ., Ms. Elvi (more than one Elvis? ;)) could I please get a board entitled "Godhome" under NCEF?
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Elvi

Would it be better if we saw details of what you need from us for characters etc, before hand Vandren?

I know that you are eagre (as ever), but it may be worth waiting another day to see who else is interested and what you want from players. (races/gender etc.)

Vandren

Sure, I can post what I've got.  :)

Intro
Godhome is the place from which all deities come.  It is a palace of unearthly proportions and insane architecture placed squarely in the center of the multiverse.  Not only do deities originate here, but they return here from time to time to meet, politic, and fraternize with others of their kind, and their servants.  Anything goes at Godhome, even reality itself can be warped (in a small scale - say a max. 100’, 31m, radius).

The gods and goddesses bring their closest servants, and acquire new servants, here as well.  Treatment of these mortals, or near mortals, varies widely, depending on the deity.  However 90% of servants are attached to a deity.  Those who have not sworn themselves to a given deity are free, on one hand, but they have no protection from the other gods and their servants.

Rules
1) Have fun.
2) Obey the Site Rules.
3) Respect the limits of other players/characters.
4) No god moding (posting another PC's thoughts, actions, or reactions).
5) No copywritten characters (Elric, Dragonball, etc.)
6) No real world divinities (Zeus, Odin, etc.)
7) No power limits, as such (deities always beat servants, though, unless the players involved work out something else).

Players may have as many characters as they like.

Character Sheet, Deity
There are certain powers that all divinities share:
1) Teleportation – deities can appear anywhere at any time, unless another deity blocks this ability for a given area (say a temple or private room).
2) Indestructibility – deities are immortal so long as they have at least one follower/believer.  Some might be able to get injured, but they can never die.

Name
Apparent Age:
Sphere(s):

Description: (physical, inc. scars/tattoos/clothing)

Personality:

Powers: (practically unlimited, should be related to sphere or spheres)

Weakness(es): (again, should be related to sphere or spheres)

Background:

Preferred Servants: (qualities, races, genders, etc., to give other players an idea)

Two Fantasies:
1)
2)

Limitations: Site Rules

Character Sheet, Servant
Name
Race:
Age / Apparent Age:
Deity:

Description: (physical, inc. scars/tattoos/clothing)

Personality:

Powers: (maximum of 3)

Weakness(es):

Background:

Preferred Divinity: (type, qualities, etc., to give other players an idea)

Two Fantasies:
1)
2)

Limitations: Site Rules

Sample Deity

Shelnas
Apparent Age: late-20s (usually)
Sphere(s): Change, Metamorphosis

Description: Shelnas is a lord of change and metamorphosis.  Therefore, his appearance is highly fluid.  Usually, however, he prefers to stick to male forms, pleasing to the eye, and relatively young for their species.  More often than not, he chooses Elven, Dwarven, or Human shapes.  That said, he has been known to take female forms and those of other races.  Generally, these are based on the preferences of the individual he is trying to impress or seduce.  In all of his shapes, though, he has violet eyes.

Personality: Because of his nature and role, Shelnas’ personality is best described as mercurial or capricious.  He is as changeable in demeanor as he is in appearance.  One moment he can be caring and introverted, the next a vicious extrovert.  There is no real pattern to his mood swings.

Powers:
- Mutability: As a god of change and metamorphosis, Shelnas can change his physical shape into literally anything.  He can change species, gender, a body part, or into an inanimate object.  This change is instantaneous.
- Telepathy: He has a form of telepathy.  With his servants, this is true telepathy of the thought reading and mind sending kind.  With others, this is limited to being able to determine what form is most pleasing to them and what form is most frightening (this also works with his servants).
- Shadow/Light: A side effect of his nature is the ability to manipulate shadows and light.  He can animate shadows, make them lengthen or disappear.  He can also change the ambient light in an area from sunburst to the dimmest candle at will.
- Influence Chance: As a divinity of change, Shelnas has the ability to manipulate seemingly random, chance, events.  This can range from influencing a die roll or coin flip to determining where the results of a ricochet go.
- Change Other: He also has the ability to physically, emotionally, or otherwise change any individual (who isn’t fully divine).  The difficulty depends on the willingness of the subject to change (someone who is really resistant could take years and lots of effort).  Shelnas uses this ability to mold and craft his servants into pleasing shapes and to aid his followers.

Weakness(es):
- No Base Form: Because of his abilities, Shelnas has no base form or core identity.
- Mercurial Nature: His mercurial nature can cause problems both for him and his servants/followers.

Background: Shelnas has been worshipped by shapeshifters, weres, and morphs by a few names on four medieval tech worlds for centuries.  He is reasonably powerful and has used this power and influence for his own enjoyment for the last two or three centuries.  On the worlds, mortals tend to view him with a mixture of awe and dread as his followers have received visions from their god from time to time alternately telling them to aid and heal those not like them or to destroy non-shifters as the shifters themselves have been destroyed.  On at least one world, where he is worshipped by morphs, he is also known as a god of thieves and darkness, called the Knife in the Dark by non-believers.  There he is a figure of deception and dishonor and his followers are hunted down.  On another, where the weres who worship him practically rule the world, he is worshipped as their highest divinity.  This disparity meshes perfectly with Shelnas’ personality and desires.

Preferred Servants: Humanoid, Female (Males might be accepted), Shapeshifters (typically), Varied personalities, generally prefers small to average cleavage (B-C cup, though A is acceptable).

Two Fantasies:
1) He hasn’t had a kitten servant in a long time.  Shelnas would love to turn one of his female servants into a perfect little sex kitten to serve his every desire.  (Could involve either seduction or more physical coercion.)
2) Any kind of situation with multiple partners.

Limitations: Site Rules, Male-Male
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Strife

Hmm, I still believe 1 sphere would be more than plenty for a god, most deities ive known have only had powers as far as their element allows, for example; A deity of shadow should have shadow powers, where as a deity of fortune should have fortune assisting powers, however when both of these cross and become one with another form of deity, an unbalance is created ... hence a higher being above that of ordinary deities  :-\

Just my 2 cents.

Note: I am actually looking forward to this, however I had planned to play the role of a deity, with the single core power of separation (much like the morphing ability, with some exceptions) however it seems as if I’d be severely lacking if I were to only have the 1 power, hence bringing about my troubles.   :-[
"Those who embody defiance, Shall meet with a deadly fatigue"

Sexual Orientation: Straight
Sexual Standing: Dominant (Although i dont mind playing sub)
Limits: site limits, guy/guy.

Vandren

Quote from: Strife on March 13, 2006, 04:30:58 AMHmm, I still believe 1 sphere would be more than plenty for a god, most deities ive known have only had powers as far as their element allows, for example; A deity of shadow should have shadow powers, where as a deity of fortune should have fortune assisting powers, however when both of these cross and become one with another form of deity, an unbalance is created ... hence a higher being above that of ordinary deities  :-\

The only issue I have with that is this:

The only place single sphere deities show up is in RPGs (AD&D and its spawn).  If we look at real world deities (ok, I'm a mythology buff and married to a Classicist, sue me ;)) all of them have multiple areas of influence.  Example: Athena - ancient Greece, patron goddess of the city-state Athens.  Her major areas of influence covered: wisdom, technology, weaving, warfare, cunning, and victory (as Pallas Athena).  Of those, the most important were warfare and wisdom.  Did she overlap?  Yep, a bit with Ares.  However, he was a deity of everything negative about warfare, rather barbaric warfare, while she was the goddess of "civilized" warfare (the strategy, tactics, etc.)

As to unbalance, given that the divinities can be pulled from an infinite number of worlds/dimensions, I see no problem with having three war gods, for instance.  Real Earth cultures have had multiple war gods, for instance (ancient Greece had two, as noted above, the Norse had several dozen as all their gods were war gods, etc.).  The crossover unbalance, well, I can only cite Champions and a few other games here on Elliquiy where this hasn't happened despite severe crossover between characters.

Strife

Mmmm, well if thats the case ... improvements are in dire need  8)

Elvi

You have to remember Strife that in freeform, the only rules there are to follow are the ones that the GM/Mod set. Players have a lot more freedom of movement, there is little to restrain them other than their own skills in writing and what they have agreed.

And yes Vandren (our own little interest in common rears it's head), most of the Norse Gods/Goddesses had a dealing in war.
They were seen more as real people with multiple facets.
Hel, (Oh how I love her) the Lady of the shadows, not only cannived and tormented, but her job was to give those who did not die in battle, a place to be. This of course meant that many women and children became 'hers' and was reputed to be kind and gentle.

So you see Strife, it is not always being powered up that gives you power and it is not so clearly cut when talking of deities.
Helheim, (from which the christian hell is derived), was not just a place of torment, it was a place of rest, happiness and sanctuary.

Strife

Meh, i have much to learn, up until elliquiy ive practiced mostly D&D systems, most of which including very little detail, ive thought of myself as a king among shits, and now im a shit among kings/queens  *feels all warm* :o

PS: sorry for the use of language.

Vandren

(Posting from work, and suffering from writers' block, so this is my only post for the moment.)

As Elvi noted, freeform is pretty broad (though I don't agree that it gives more freedom than a system, but I'm a big GURPS 3rd ed. fan, so . . .).

Power levels of characters really doesn't matter much.  The idea is not to see who's got the biggest equipment so (s)he can win the game.  The idea's to put together a collective story and have fun.  Additionally, I can point to my two characters at Champions - Minoru Kaga and Seventy-Six/Maia - who're probably the weakest of the characters in terms of the powers they have.  They've also been lots of fun to play.

Elvi

(though I don't agree that it gives more freedom than a system, but I'm a big GURPS 3rd ed. fan, so . . .).

PAH!
I say.....
PAH!

Vandren

I know, I know, you and those damn numbers.  :D 

GURPS is different, though.  Really (the numbers are used to buy things that have real names, for one thing).

Elvi

Vandren

Quote from: Elvi on March 13, 2006, 10:53:23 AM
*grinds teeth*

Well  :P  :)

Oh, I shoudl also point out (I clarified this in my notes today), servants include, but are not limited to: constructs, normal mortals, mortals with some power(s), angelic/demonic figures, and demi-gods.

On the other note . . . do we still have four or more interested parties?  (I'm assuming Strife is still interested, and have Elvi added in for 2.)

Elvi

(I'm assuming Strife is still interested, and have Elvi added in for 2.)

Do you mean as two or have you volunteered me to play two characters?

Strife

aye, we're both playing 2 characters each, thats 4!  8)

TigreFatalis

I'm in as a goddess with an NPC servant/toy/guardian.  At least until an appropriate replacement can be found.
Sexual orientation: Straight
BDSM orientation: Switch
Ons/Offs - Updated September 2014
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4504.0

Back and poking around a little.

Vandren

Quote from: Elvi on March 13, 2006, 01:31:25 PMDo you mean as two or have you volunteered me to play two characters?

Yes.  :)

As #2.  So, with Sapphire, that'd make 3.  One more.  :)

Elvi

Vandren

Quote from: Elvi on March 13, 2006, 02:49:42 PM
head hurts
*grins*

*looks around for Strangely*

Ya know, there was a medical study a few years ago that found that sex is a good cure for headaches . . . :)

Elvi

Not the kind I get from you lot it doesn't.....

Vandren

Quote from: Elvi on March 13, 2006, 07:02:11 PM
Not the kind I get from you lot it doesn't.....

Sorry, can't help ya there.  I'd guess I've got about 40-50 lbs. of gaming books lying around (GURPS and WoD mostly, one Shadowrun, the Planescape boxed set, the original Cyerpunk 2013 box set, I think that covers it).  :)

strenoth

and I wander once more back to elliquy, specifically because I heard of this game which interests me greatly. I've barley done more than introduce myself here a long time ago.

Hmmm, now if I were to play, whom should I play as? I actually have 2 full dieties I can easily pull from my world, and they are such opposites.

On the one hand, I have Zagaroth, a unique Dragon Diety who would find much in common with Bahamut. In my homebrew world, and Elder Dieties, and the genises of the orginal dragon race, which became the many dragon races of that world after a Great War.

and the other is Strenoth, the handle I used here (simply because i used Strenoth on RPoL ). Shadow Dragon diety of desire, lust, seduction, corruption, etc.

Or I could play both. If I play at all. I'll test myself by seeing if I come back here regularly to check up on the game, if I do, then I'll join. :)
BDSM Orientation: Switch
Sexual Limitations: Site limits, no male-on-male

Vandren

Alright, so that's 3.5 confirmed.  :)  I'll still wait for one more before fully requesting the board.

strenoth

I've decided I am really going to focus over here. Should be no issues, so count me as 4.
BDSM Orientation: Switch
Sexual Limitations: Site limits, no male-on-male