Text and Image Formatting help.

Started by Marlow, July 10, 2009, 03:08:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marlow

So, I'm at my end at this point. I've been trying to get my images so they'll look like the one in the first post: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=11841.0 (To the side, with the text running on the left. I always end up with the text only running on the very bottom edge of the image. It's driving me CRAZY! I've got Photoshop, and I'm familiar with it, so I'd like to make my O&O and Idea thread visually appealing, but I can't do that if I can't figure out how to properly format the post.

Anyone with any experience in this, please lend a helping hand? It'd be very appreciated.
I DO NOT CARE ABOUT OOC GENDER!!! NONE OF MY IDEA THREADS ARE FIRST-COME FIRST-SERVE!!!

Bliss

Oh, you need to learn the ways of tables!
[table]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]
[/table]

is the basic table code. Table and /table mark the beginning and end of the table. tr and /tr mark the beginning and end of a row. td and /td are the cells within a row. For example:

[table]
[tr][td]Row 1, cell 1[/td][td]     [/td][td]Row 1, cell 3[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Row 2, cell 1[/td]  [td]Row 2, cell 2[/td][/tr]
[/table]

will get you the following result:

Row 1, cell 1Row 1, cell 3
Row 2, cell 1Row 2, cell 2

You can see how it forces the layout; you can also see how in row one, I left cell two empty - that enforces spacing.
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Marlow

Thank you so much! I had an inkling that it had to do with the table, but I couldn't figure out how to use it.
I DO NOT CARE ABOUT OOC GENDER!!! NONE OF MY IDEA THREADS ARE FIRST-COME FIRST-SERVE!!!

Bliss

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Caeli

I would actually recommending using the

[float=left][/float]

or

[float=right][/float]

Options, if you don't have that many images. It's easier and lots less hassle, since the BBCode for tables is a little lacking.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Marlow

Quote from: Caeli on July 10, 2009, 05:25:10 PM
I would actually recommending using the

[float=left][/float]

or

[float=right][/float]

Options, if you don't have that many images. It's easier and lots less hassle, since the BBCode for tables is a little lacking.
Noted, good lady. Thanks.

Bliss

*learns from this too!*

Thanks, Cae!
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

DeviantWolf

Sweet!  Using tables was a PITA

Edit:  OK just tried it, how do you put space padding in from the picture to the text so they aren't right next to each other?  Is there a way or are we back to having to add tables in?
~~ I'm loving what you wanna wear ~~
~~ I wonder what's up under there? ~~
~~ Wonder if I'll ever have it under my tongue? ~~

Caeli

Sigh. Everyone is stealing all of my secrets!

[img padding=#]Image URL here[/img]

Where # is the number of pixels.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

DeviantWolf

Heh.  Thanks Caeli!

You've got gooooood secrets :D

Been wanting to add small character images to my RP's bet have held off because it messed up formatting. 
~~ I'm loving what you wanna wear ~~
~~ I wonder what's up under there? ~~
~~ Wonder if I'll ever have it under my tongue? ~~

Caeli

I do it in all of my current ones. :-) I think it adds some color to the beginning posts. ^-^ I've considered trying to do more, but in the end, it's the writing I care about.

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Haibane

Quote from: DeviantWolf on July 11, 2009, 02:44:47 AM
Heh.  Thanks Caeli!

You've got gooooood secrets :D

Been wanting to add small character images to my RP's bet have held off because it messed up formatting.
Heheh, who needs formatting? I just do this. *grin*