<Borderlands> No Rest for the Vault Hunter [Seeking Moxxi & More]

Started by ManyMindsManyVoices, October 17, 2012, 04:23:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cold Heritage

Gaige's Echo-casts are the best. She's so cute and lovable and you totally want to hug her and tell her that it's all gonna be okay.

Say, Ryuka Tana, do you think it would be okay if my character wielded a gigantic, two-handed chainsword as his melee weapon?
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Jinxed One

Ok...every single word of this idea tickles my glad spot. ^_^ I am a massive Borderlands fanatic and would like to know if you still have an opening for a siren. I have a bare bones concept in mind but if you already have 6 it wouldn't really matter...any less though and I will go all out on this concept.

★Literally vibrates with excitement★

AribethAmkiir

ManyMindsManyVoices

"Wow, glad you're interested Jinx, and you know I'd love to have you. You can totally play a Siren, there's an opening for one with Lilith's power (or a remake of Lilith) and two openings for made up powers, as well as one for a power that's a spoiler and I won't talk about right now."

"Also, if you're literally vibrating, you should find yourself a girl who will appreciate that excitement." n.n
My O/Os * Everyone should read 1/0

This is the Oath of the Drake. You should take it.

Jinxed One

I think I am gonna get creative and make up a power, but I gotta get some sleep first. I will get on making an awesome siren when I wake up though.

Oh and...I think I already did. ^_~

ManyMindsManyVoices

"Wait... Did what? Make up a power or use your vibrate-y powers to please a girl? If the latter, I want pictures. I made the roleplay that gave you those powers, so clearly I earned at least pictures, maybe video." >:D

ManyMindsManyVoices

Quote from: Cold Heritage on October 18, 2012, 11:07:11 PM
Gaige's Echo-casts are the best. She's so cute and lovable and you totally want to hug her and tell her that it's all gonna be okay.

Say, Ryuka Tana, do you think it would be okay if my character wielded a gigantic, two-handed chainsword as his melee weapon?

"Shit, I read this, was thinking about it, then got immediately sidetracked... Okay, so, can you give me a picture or a reasonable description? This sounds pretty awesome, and Rule of Awesome totally goes in Borderlands, so likely, the answer will be yes."

Cold Heritage

ManyMindsManyVoices

"Okay, sounds fine to me."

"I'm thinking of trying to create a vague 'stat' system. 'Balanced' on a case-by-case basis, for the most part. It'll cover how durable a character is, what kind of shields they have, what weapons they specialize in, what their power does, etc. For the most part, I''ll only restrict the most ridiculous characters or characters who are too complicated the keep track of all the things they can do. It's okay to rely on Rule of Cool, as long as there's internal consistency, and your character isn't super ridiculous (unless someone plays a major figure like a General Knoxx type character, or one of the original four Vault Hunters)."

"Also, for the plot, I'm thinking a search for the First Vault Hunters will be a major part of it (which is like Borderlands 2), and maybe a war between the biggest companies (Dahl, Hyperion, Atlas, maybe Vladof or Jakobs). Let me know what you guys think."

Geeklet

So, I've been working on an idea in my head, and I've got a good idea of a female Commando (like Axton in BL2, with turrets and such). Soon as I get a little bit more time to sit down and write something good up for it, I'll put something up. Sunday Afternoon at the absolute latest.

ManyMindsManyVoices

Jinxed One

Sera

Name: Sera
Job: Vault Hunter
Class: Siren
Starting Weapons: Bandit SMG, Rusted Boot Knife
Phase Powers: Phase Strike; A concussive blast projected from Seras hand which increases the range and power of her strikes. Phase Tunnel; Creates a miniature worm hole which can allow Sera to attack over great distances or around corners. First she must create the entry point, then the exit. Whatever goes in the entry immediately leaves the exit regardless of distance. If boosted by Eridium the Phase Tunnel expands large enough to allow a person to travel through it.
Description: Little is known about Sera. She stands a whopping five foot five inches tall. No one has gotten the Siren to hold still long enough to actually weigh her but those who guessed over one hundred and twenty five pounds seem to go missing...
Orientation: If it moves, it has a pretty good chance of pairing with Sera. Though the female form is preferable.

Ok, it probably isn't as epic as I made it seem...but from my phone I think this is pretty outstanding.

ManyMindsManyVoices

"Looks good, there will be more to the full character sheet but I can get on board with the Phase Tunnel idea. I guess we have a Lilith looking character as well."

Jinxed One

Just a look-a-like, mostly cause I am not a huge fan of Maya and it is like impossible to find a Siren Concept that isn't one of those two...at least with real people. ^_^

ManyMindsManyVoices

Quote from: Jinxed One on October 19, 2012, 06:39:59 PM
Just a look-a-like, mostly cause I am not a huge fan of Maya and it is like impossible to find a Siren Concept that isn't one of those two...at least with real people. ^_^

"That's cool, there's no Lilith in this timeline, so no big deal."

Cold Heritage

Any idea on when we might have the full character sheet to go to work on?

ManyMindsManyVoices

Pentagious666

Would a kind of Digistruct armor be appropriate, I was coming up with some niftry ideas and noticed we had sirens and mechros, but not alot of, I can catch bullets with me face people.  And even if we do I can thinki of something else.
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

Latooni Subota

Digistructing armor sounds pretty cool . . "Oh damn, these bandits slagged half my armor. Gimme a minute, I need more. Ugh, Insert-Corporation-Here increased their rates again!" >.>

This? This is pretty interesting, and I figure I should make a grab for one of those Siren slots before they all dry up. I'll do some thinking on specifics.
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

ManyMindsManyVoices

"Haha, looks like Sirens are popular. Also, Pentagious, I'm totally into that idea of Digistructing armor, depending on how it works, it would probably be your special ability. Also, we have one 'tank' character, I presume, but that's it, so you're welcome to make one."

"I'm eventually going to post my primary character is an example sheet, which will help me decide what is going to be on the final sheet. I'm also going to start an OOC/Character Sheet thread where I can store things. Please don't post your sheets there, I'll post them once they're approved. I don't want any confusion over whether a character exists if it hasn't yet been approved."

Latooni Subota

ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Cold Heritage

I intend to have incredibly high resistance to all forms of damage be one of the main defining traits to my character.

I don't have anything against someone else also wanting to tank.

ManyMindsManyVoices

Quote from: Latooni Subota on October 20, 2012, 04:37:26 PM
Any suggestions on possible alternate Phase powers? >.>

"Alternate ones... hmm... A Phaseshield could be reasonable, creates a barrier that stops things cold in their tracks. Phasepush or Phasethrow or something that allows you to use a 'telekinetic' burst to push things around. Phaseheal which modifies the energies in the body to heal the target. Phaseform which works sort of like Lilith's power, but allows the Siren to move through solid objects (or for solid objects to pass through her)."

"Those are pretty simple obvious ones, but they're what comes to mind immediately."

Geeklet

Phasewave - activates a telekinetic explosion centered around the Siren, pushing all nearby enemies backwards.

Phasethought - creates confusion in the surrounding enemies, lowering their accuracy, as well as giving a chance to either stun them, or make them attack their allies.

Just a couple off the top of my head.

Pentagious666

just a generic template for the time being?
Axton has a good enough face to be the pretty boy hot shot I think, any suggestions?
Name: Commander Victor Cain
Background:  Victor Cain was a member of the Atlas corporation's  Crimson Lance.  They stuck him on Pandora, a sort of punishment for disobeying orders. (it will come into light what this disobediance was.) He dwelled on this past deed and while he was the first Vanguard, I wielder of a shield and digistructed armor.  He took his armor and left.  His shield is actually deceptively heavy for the ease with which he moves it, it contains the digistructing array to instantly apply his armor.  So he left to go find his fortune free of the greed of others.  Atlas corporation holds it that he stole the digistruct shield and is still trying to get their prototype back.
Personality:Hiding sobs behind laughter and tears behind smiles.  He is good humored and charming tos tay away from the past.
Power: Digistruct Armor - Armor is applied made out of the finest material that atlas has ever made.  Everything about this system is prototype.  It protects the user from most damage and enhances strength and stability.  (this would not be god mode just really good protection)  Lower grade weapons do minimal weapons.
Weapon Specialties: Pistols, Shotguns, Shield (melee)
Special Skills: Tech work, light hacking (mostly armor mods)
Appearance:
shield
Cmdr Victor Cain
Armor
(I figured space marine armor was pretty good for my character he would use the shield to block and attack)
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?