To a World of Darkness (Exalted/WoD)

Started by RSGAlex, March 14, 2013, 05:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyZ

I've been teasing out equipment and intimacies, and may add a bit to the island if Avorae wants some additions or changes.  Stats should be pretty finalized though.

If people like the idea, I was thinking that Valerie took out a full-page ad in a newspaper written up in Old Realm, inviting them to come to the island and giving instructions for contacting her if they couldn't afford a plane ticket.  That seems like an easy enough way for people to meet up and a starting point for the game.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Jefepato

Sorry for the delay, I had a couple questions.

My character is supposed to be a physician with Doctors Without Borders.  I was hoping for ideas on where specifically he might have been working when he Exalted, because I'm not super knowledgeable and I don't want to come across like an ignorant jackass when I write backstory/pick language groups.

Also, is it too silly to use a scalpel as a primary weapon (just treated as a dagger or something)?  I figure he's nowhere near a primary combatant, but he'll still have enough dice to wreck some shit as previously noted.

Regarding what board to use, I'd be fine with Light.  I have little intention of doing anything that isn't Light and also I think people honestly use "heavier" boards than they really need too often.

AndyZ

Quote from: Jefepato on April 01, 2013, 02:36:05 AM
Sorry for the delay, I had a couple questions.

My character is supposed to be a physician with Doctors Without Borders.  I was hoping for ideas on where specifically he might have been working when he Exalted, because I'm not super knowledgeable and I don't want to come across like an ignorant jackass when I write backstory/pick language groups.

Also, is it too silly to use a scalpel as a primary weapon (just treated as a dagger or something)?  I figure he's nowhere near a primary combatant, but he'll still have enough dice to wreck some shit as previously noted.

Regarding what board to use, I'd be fine with Light.  I have little intention of doing anything that isn't Light and also I think people honestly use "heavier" boards than they really need too often.

Exaltation tends to happen when someone is ready and willing to be awesome and makes them able. I could see it for putting your own life on the line to tend the wounded , backed into a corner and have to free people , or any number of similar options. Of course , you also have to be hale and healthy to be selected.

Twilights tend to be those who at not only knowledgeable but will work to put that knowledge to work. Doctors Without Borders seems to qualify at a glance for what its website says.

Exaltations don't make people heroic. They take people who are already heroic and make them awesome. It won't come to a scholar as readily as an explorer, for example.

I hope that helps
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

RSGAlex

A scalpel is fine as a dagger.

And as for where, choose a place that has a lot of violence. that should give you some good opportunities for heroism or at least grandiose planning. And you don't have to be hale or healthy, it just really helps.
Signature Recreation Pending....

Downloading Drivers 1 of @*.

Please wait warmly.

AndyZ

Any news on the Eclipse?  Not sure what happened to Ajoxer, but we may want to consider Shadowfox89 if Ajoxer doesn't come back.

RSGAlex

I haven't heard anything from ajoxer, and from the look of his profile, he hasn't been on for a week, more or less.

I'll message Shadowfox, unless I see something from ajoxer soon-ish. (But I hope ajoxer's okay)

Please wait warmly.

AndyZ

Just poked Shadowfox89 and he doesn't like Eclipse.  Unfortunate.

Maybe someone else has a way of pulling out somebody to complete the circle?

RSGAlex

Well, in all fairness, he doesn't have to be an Eclipse, or even Solar. Everyone just seemed to jump on them.

Please wait warmly.

Jefepato

Ajoxer told me a little bit ago on AIM that he should have time on Saturday to write up the character, but I'll let him know to pay more attention to the thread.

RSGAlex

Please wait warmly.

Ajoxer

Hey, everyone.

My apologies for disappearing there; This is a Busy Dang Week, which will be followed by three Less Busy Weeks, and then two more Exceedingly Busy Weeks, But Somewhat Less Busy Than These Ones

As Jefepato mentioned, I'm still in. I'll have my character finished on Saturday; Simple enough for me. I shall try to keep logging on; This is the only game I've got a particular investment in at the moment.

I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

AndyZ

No worries, Ajoxer.  Apologies if I came off as impatient.  May I add you to AIM?

RSGAlex

Good to see that you're back and well.

Please wait warmly.

Ajoxer

As a bit of a lead-in; I'm considering my character's physical defenses. What would people, and the GM, prefer? A dip into the Songbird martial art style in Scroll of the Monk, or an artifact guitar? I'm not sure if I'll be going the Heavy Metal method with a grimcleaver, or statting up a goremaul to do things Classic Rock, FLCL style.

Ah hell with it I like FLCL too much. 1961 Gibson EB-O.

AIM is fine; I'm HomerinNYC.
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

RSGAlex

Personal preference would be for an artifact guitar, because most of the Scroll of the Monk stuff is, how shall I say it, in need of an overhaul.

Shadow, you can come on out to pla~ay, since I jumped the gun a little.

EDIT: Oh, and don't take Old Realm, you'll be getting it when I have all the sheets in my grubby little hands.

Please wait warmly.

Jefepato

Any alchemy thaumaturgy Procedures folks really want me to have outside Alchemy?

Speak now, I'm about to burn out my last bits of XP.

Giving a moment past normal because I typo'd.  Alchemy is covered, but if you really really think I needed something else on arrival (not sure what but still) say so now.

ShadowFox89

http://forums.white-wolf.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=70934

That's what I'm going off of for character creation.. Swapping the BP for XP of course.

edit: Are we using Flat-XP? It cuts out a great deal of math involved >.>

And do Lunars use the same XP as solaroids?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Cessali

Everyone's using the standard XP buy.  All Attributes and Virtues start at 1, Willpower starts at 5, Essence starts (and is locked) at 3.  Whether or not you're getting a different break on the costs is up to Alex, tho.

RSGAlex

Use the solar costs. It keeps things simpler.

Please wait warmly.

ShadowFox89

Next question is... what would you rate an artifact that is a Reaper Daiklave with a Behemoth Hearthpiercer built into the sheath? So that, when the sword isn't drawn, it can function as a gun?

Also, do manses exist or do we follow the same rules for that as in Modern Shard?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

RSGAlex

I'd probably put it as a three or a four depending on attunement costs, and if it has any other tricks.

Manses don't currently exist, but you can take a Node or Caern and then build it up into a manse.

Please wait warmly.

ShadowFox89

No idea what a Node or Caern is :P

Probably put the weapon at attune 9... and give an ability to be able to quick draw the sword as a reflexive action for a 1m cost.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

RSGAlex

Node and Caern are mage and werewolf, respectively, places of power.

Please wait warmly.

ShadowFox89

Ah, okay.

Well, I need some sort of base of operations for my lunar....
Call me Shadow
My A/A