Free Love in the British Empire (All Welcome - Recruiting)

Started by Montagne, April 12, 2013, 07:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RevAtArms

Thanks!  It's an adaptation of Tolstoy's life.  (In the broadest possible sense.)

kajirakate

So many lovely, well thought out characters, Aisha wants to meet them all.  Very soon please, pretty please.
kk

BlackestKnight

Does anyone even remember the last update from threadstarter?

kajirakate

He PM'd me the other day, and hopefully we will be underway shortly.  Can't wait to interact with such an interesting band of characters and their creators.
kk

bubby

*Hopes to be able to get her Domme on by this weekend at least*  >:)

kajirakate

To misquote the musical South Pacific, there is nothing a Domme. mmmmmmm Dommeeeeeeeeeeeee to misquote a yellow man from Springfield.
kk

bubby

So can Andre be hired to play privately for patrons?  ::)

BlackestKnight

Quote from: bubby on May 09, 2013, 02:20:57 AM
So can Andre be hired to play privately for patrons?  ::)

I suppose he could, what do you have in mind? An upbeat spritely tune to dance and socialize? or something a bit more subdued and formal? Maybe the type of music you seek is of a carnal kind found in the natural orchestra, that I can oblige as well.

kajirakate

If anyone wishes to play one to one while we wait, either with versions of these characters but a different set-up or other characters feel free to pm me.  Always looking for fun ideas.
kk

bubby

Quote from: BlackestKnight on May 09, 2013, 02:54:04 AM
I suppose he could, what do you have in mind? An upbeat spritely tune to dance and socialize? or something a bit more subdued and formal? Maybe the type of music you seek is of a carnal kind found in the natural orchestra, that I can oblige as well.

I dunno yet. But since I like me some Andre 3000 personally, I'm pretty sure my char will find Andre quite intriguing. I was just making sure that a 'private concert' might be acceptable. Can't wait to begin!

AmberStarfire

Montagne

Quote from: kajirakate on May 09, 2013, 03:10:44 AM

If anyone wishes to play one to one while we wait, either with versions of these characters but a different set-up or other characters feel free to pm me.  Always looking for fun ideas.
Quote from: BlackestKnight on May 09, 2013, 01:39:06 AM
Does anyone even remember the last update from threadstarter?

Okay! Hello people time to deal with the backlog, but to start, a slightly depressing apology:

Sorry I haven't been around to answer questions and in general get the game started as I should have been doing, however as you all signed up to my crazy idea I feel you all deserve to know why. Its mostly a result of a combination of "get all this work done or lose the contract" rush at the end of a working contract that has kept me away from leisure time (wake up, work 12 hours, eat, sleep, do the same again.)

The second and probably more muse destroying aspect was having my partner of 2 and a half years leave me and watch my life take a small implosion over the last week. That left me wanting to do little in terms of writing, that plus the workload had me away from E for a few days.

Either way, I'm back and I'm ready to rock and roll. I'm currently as we speak writing the opening. expect it within the next 4-5 hours!

Now, happier stuff!

Rev, your new character is approved.

Have I missed anyone, if so please please post below!

Magicalpen, you might have missed this post because it ended up a few pages back.

Quote from: Atlas on May 02, 2013, 09:38:39 PM
I'm looking to cut down on the number of sailors and the military types atm as it seems to be the majority of the non staff male contingent, and the males already outnumber the females.

I'm currently not accepting any more military officers/sailors as it seems to have a large weighting for the male characters, more so than actual victorian society. (while we think of the victorians as this expansionist military empire, it was really only the tiniest contingent. at some points we were rulling all of the Raj with as few as 1000 officers.) However, I'd love to have you in the game in some sort of civilian role!

Everyone else who wants to apply, feel free to apply! We need more female guests. and just more guests of either gender in general. some more idealistic male student types  would be great too! (any sexy author characters out there?)

Lynnette

I'm available on Discord!
Feel free to message me if you want to chat
Lynnpai#4726

My O/O     My guide to set up a home server and Plex
My request thread

Montagne

Quote from: ReaperDouble0 on May 09, 2013, 01:39:45 PM
I think you forgot my apps.

Lol I was just going to edit it as you posted, you're lightning quick. They're also both approved.

Just to check. I'm assuming Victoria will be coming to visit her friend for the first time at the Castello when the game begins?

bubby

Lynnette

Quote from: Atlas on May 09, 2013, 01:41:03 PM
Lol I was just going to edit it as you posted, you're lightning quick. They're also both approved.

Just to check. I'm assuming Victoria will be coming to visit her friend for the first time at the Castello when the game begins?

Probably yeah. And now you made me want to make an sex-author despite that I don't have enough time to manage three roles at the same time in my current position :/
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

AmberStarfire

I'm so sorry to hear what's happened for you in the last week, GM. *Lots of hugs* if they're wanted.

I'm pleased to see the game starting but look after yourself first.

Montagne

Quote from: ReaperDouble0 on May 09, 2013, 01:46:20 PM
Probably yeah. And now you made me want to make an sex-author despite that I don't have enough time to manage three roles at the same time in my current position :/

You could always have victoria a english student, writing her first novel as she comes to visit the castello. It's a romance that by the time she leaves has become one of victorian londons darkest erotic literature.

Lynnette

YOU'RE NOT AS DUMB AS YOU LO- Wait... I dunno how you look... If I'm right, you are probably rather smart-looking... Or something like that...

That's a good diea actually. I might decide to make it a part of her. I wish I thought of it before you suggested it so I could take credits for it ;-;
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

Montagne

Quote from: ReaperDouble0 on May 09, 2013, 01:52:26 PM
YOU'RE NOT AS DUMB AS YOU LO- Wait... I dunno how you look... If I'm right, you are probably rather smart-looking... Or something like that...

That's a good diea actually. I might decide to make it a part of her. I wish I thought of it before you suggested it so I could take credits for it ;-;

lmfao. I try my best! Will give her an interesting and cultured perspective :)

DarkRose15

*hugs tight* Glad to have you back, and I'm sorry that all that happened. Can't wait to see what awesome opening you have started :D And don't overdo it if you don't have to *more hugs*
Den of DarkRose: Ideas & Completed Games
Apologies & Absences *Updated 10/4/16*

Friends help you move; Real friends help you move the body.
Carl: Shh....do you hear that? That is the sound of forgiveness!
Paul: That's the sound of people drowning Carl!
Carl: That...is what forgiveness sounds like! Screaming then silence!

MagicalPen

How about a Merchant Captain of the East India Company? Basically a wealthy Merchant, not affiliated to the Military.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Montagne

Quote from: MagicalPen on May 10, 2013, 02:34:37 AM
How about a Merchant Captain of the East India Company? Basically a wealthy Merchant, not affiliated to the Military.

It would depend on the character, but its quite likely he'll be similar to the other captains/military types. It would depend what role he took, an explorer type probably not, an official in the raj, possibly (maybe even a native official, that would be interesting). But a lot of the characters have trader backgrounds.

MagicalPen

Bloody Hell >.< The Upper Echelons of society back then would have been rather limited to hereditary titles, the military, and merchants. The Merchant Background would be more interesting then Hereditary...traveled the world, took in the sights, met lots of interesting characters etc.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

AmberStarfire

I notice your Irish flag, Mr Pen. Hello from Galway.