X-Men Re-imagined - All welcome! - Could use more straight male chars, too!

Started by Orange Marmalade, May 18, 2014, 06:17:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DemonessOfDeathValley

~Approximate response time - 1-7 days plus ~ Muse cooperative~

MasterOfMyFate

Quote from: Kuroneko on May 20, 2014, 11:32:09 AM
Logan's a teacher and these boys are largely underage. So, they can drool over her as she walks by the pool in a bikini, but anything else ain't happenin'  :P.

Funny. I'm nineteen. Juuuust saying. *whistles.*

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on May 20, 2014, 11:44:20 AM
Still a WIP
BASIC INFO:
Legal Name: Isla Salo
Codename/Nickname/Aliases: Nirvana, Lily (Stripper Name)
Citizenship and other legal info: American. Likely Finnish as well, though she doesn’t have access to any documents declaring such.
Place of Birth: Helsinki, Finland
Education: High School Diploma

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION:
Height: 5’0”
Weight: 105 lbs
Hair color: Platinum Blonde
Eye color: Silver-Blue
Ethnicity: White
General Appearance: Physically, Nirvana is reminiscent of a porcelain doll, with her perfectly pale skin, her long platinum hair, and her silver-blue eyes. She is delicate of build and appearance both, with just enough curve to avoid being stick-thin. Most often she can be found wearing monotone colors like black and white, which only further enhance her pale coloring and bring out her intense gaze.

OTHER INFORMATION:
Orientation: Bisexual (unexplored)
Ons/Offs: Click
Goals: learn to control her powers, find a home
Wealth Level: 3
Personality: Quiet and aloof, Isla has been called an ice queen more than once in her lifetime. More of an introvert than otherwise these days, she prefers to let others do the talking (when she entertains conversations at all) and simply listen, only speaking up when she feels it is absolutely necessary. This is not because she isn’t friendly, however, but simply because her unique gifts make it difficult for her to relate to the others around her. Due to her history and the way her powers first began to come to light, Isla is terrified of making a real emotional connection with someone out of fear that she will, when her concentration is off and her mental defenses down, end up slipping inside of their mind and getting caught there.

SCHOOL INFO:
Classes Taken or Taught: She’s still trying to figure out what her major will be, so mostly the basics
Year: College Freshman
Club Memberships or Sponsorships:

STATS:
Fighting: 3 - Agility: Flexibility/Maneuverability 6, Accuracy 3  - Strength: 3 - Endurance: 3 - Reason: 4 - Intuition: 7 normally, 9 when Psychically Projecting/Dream Walking - Psyche: 8 when focused. Falls to a 4 when not focused

POWERS:
Astral Projection – Nirvana is able to project her mind/spirit out of her body to non-physical planes of existence such as the Astral and Spiritual planes. Nirvana must reach a state of mental calm if she is to be able to maintain this projection for longer than an hour at a time, and the longer she is away from her body, the less control she has. This can, eventually, cause her to run the risk of “losing” herself on these non-physical planes and causing her body to fall in to a deep coma. She can also astrally project herself over distances in the physical plane, though she can only do this for up to an hour at most before she has to stop, and the further away from her physical body her astral form gets, the less time she can accomplish it. With time and training this gift has the potential to be developed to a much more extreme level.
Dream Walking – Though easiest for her to manage while asleep, Dream Walking is incredibly difficult for Nirvana to control if she is not awake. Dream walking allows her to reach in to the mind of others and tap in to their dreams, both conscious and subconscious. When asleep, due to her lack of focus, Isla has the tendency to accidentally slip in to the dreams of those around her. This is usually limited to those within a 200 yard radius, though an emotional connection with the person can give her the ability to connect to the dreams of those further away. Much like Astral Projection, this runs a risk of Isla getting trapped in the subconscious of the person whose dreams she has entered. If this happens and she is unable to force her way back to her body, her body can fall in to a coma. Note: this does not give her any control over the host of the subconscious she has entered.
Precognition – Very sporadic, Isla occasionally experiences visions of things that have not yet come to pass. She has no control over it, and nothing she sees is set in stone, merely the most likely way things will turn out if events continue in the manner they currently are. These visions can be something as minor as knowing someone is about to call before they do so, to something as major as knowing how someone is going to die. There can be times when Isla goes for weeks without a vision, and other times when she has several in one day. The more intense and involved the vision, the more draining it is on her physically.
Telepathy – (unlearned)

ADVANTAGES: (Please list 1 to 5 non-skill based advantages your character may have.  These are things that fall outside of Superpowers. This may include things like a sharp sense of smell, being a light sleeper, quick non-superhuman reflexes, etc.)
ADVANTAGE1 - Description here
ADVANTAGE2 - Description here

DISADVANTAGES: (Please list 1 to 5 disadvantages your character may have. This may include things like being blind, a low alcohol tolerance, or a club foot. At least 1 Disadvantage is required per Advantage above.)
DISADVANTAGE1 - Description here
DISADVANTAGE2 - Description here

SKILLS: (Please list some things your character is good at, or at least has been trained and is competent at. This includes things like a fighting style, computers, repair, stunt driving, history knowledge, etc. There’s no limit to how many you can list, but these will be scrutinized base on history and background.)
SKILL1: - Description here
SKILL1: - Description here

HISTORY:
Please include a history of your character includes how/when their powers manifested (Age 16 or older!) and anything else that helped to shape your character. Remember that this is a fresh start from the comics, and this is a great time to tone things down - Please avoid clones, alternate dimensions, warps of reality, and aliens.

AH! Someone with mind powers! My Juggernaut's most ticklish spot!
"Arrows through your heart."
Master ON/OFF

JamesSureWould

Kuroneko

Quote from: MasterOfMyFate on May 20, 2014, 12:20:53 PM
Funny. I'm nineteen. Juuuust saying. *whistles.*

My original Brotherhood version of FemLogan that I played on my board wouldn't care. She wasn't a teacher.  But this one is, and that's just a line you don't cross, legal age or not. Sorry. Too close to real life and my own job for me.
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

MasterOfMyFate

Quote from: Kuroneko on May 20, 2014, 12:27:22 PM
My original Brotherhood version of FemLogan that I played on my board wouldn't care. She wasn't a teacher.  But this one is, and that's just a line you don't cross, legal age or not. Sorry. Too close to real life and my own job for me.

.....Waaaah. lol. :) It's understandable though. Everyone has their offs. Only chance I see now is if I graduate to X-men member and won't be considered a student, but a legal adult member of society. Not that long of a stretch.
Master ON/OFF

AribethAmkiir

Is it too early to start talking about connections, friendships, and character opinions on the other characters?

Quote from: MasterOfMyFate on May 20, 2014, 12:30:23 PM
.....Waaaah. lol. :) It's understandable though. Everyone has their offs. Only chance I see now is if I graduate to X-men member and won't be considered a student, but a legal adult member of society. Not that long of a stretch.

There's still plenty of girls his age he can focus on.  :P

MasterOfMyFate

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on May 20, 2014, 12:30:42 PM
Is it too early to start talking about connections, friendships, and character opinions on the other characters?

I don't see why you can't right now. Mostly everyone is flirting or throwing out vague ideas of how they will react to each other.
Master ON/OFF

Kuroneko

Quote from: MasterOfMyFate on May 20, 2014, 12:30:23 PM

True ;).

He can still have a dream sequence  8-)

MasterOfMyFate

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on May 20, 2014, 12:30:42 PM

There's still plenty of girls his age he can focus on.  :P

... Is someone offering? :D

Quote from: Kuroneko on May 20, 2014, 12:39:06 PM
True ;).

He can still have a dream sequence  8-)

Wanna participate in this dream? :P
Master ON/OFF

Kuroneko

MasterOfMyFate

Master ON/OFF

MasterOfMyFate

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on May 20, 2014, 12:57:15 PM
Not opposed to the possibility

Giggity. Well we shall see what happens in the rp. Unless if you want to organize a bit before we kick off.
Master ON/OFF

AribethAmkiir

Would love to organize a bit before the game begins.  Not sure which characters are being accepted, though.

MasterOfMyFate

On page eight, I believe, he has a list of character sheets he has seen from previous pages so far. Nothing is truly confirmed yet I believe.
Master ON/OFF

Orange Marmalade

I've got it in the 2nd post in the thread as well - not all of them are finished but it was all of the ones posted so far. Needs to be updated again for the ones from the last couple pages :)

I'll also try to get a basic OOC Chatter thread up shortly and we can use that to organize, make connections, etc. Will probably help to separate it out from the creation/interest stuff here, we're a chatty bunch!

Amelita

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Dirtythesnapper

BASIC INFO:
Legal Name: Jason Branton
Codename/Nickname/Aliases: Construct
Citizenship and other legal info: United States Citizen by birth
Place of Birth: Los Angeles, California
Education: High School Diploma, some college

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION:
Height: 6'3
Weight:200 lbs
Hair color: Dirty Blonde
Eye color: Red-tinted Hazel
Ethnicity: Caucasian
General Appearance: Tall, broad shouldered, not the best muscle tone, but it is there.

OTHER INFORMATION:
Orientation:Likes women and femboys
Ons/Offs:https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=203994.0
Goals: Gain better knowledge and control of his powers and hopefully use them for good.
Wealth Level: 5(Excellent)
Personality: Fits into the category of science nerd, likes to keep relatively to himself. When he is social, he is relatively sarcastic and cna be quite funny. He can almost never say no to a friend asking for his help.

SCHOOL INFO:
Classes Taken or Taught: Biochemistry, Organic Chemistry, Physical Chemistry
Year: taken a year of college
Club Memberships or Sponsorships: American Chemical Society

STATS:
Fighting: 03 - Agility: 03 - Strength: 03 - Endurance: 04 - Reason: 06 - Intuition: 04 - Psyche: 07

POWERS:
Mental Constructs - Jason has the ability to create an energy construct using his imagination and his mind. (Lets be honest, it is the mutant version of a green lantern) These constructs can be anything from a shield to stop an attack, a hand to catch a falling ally, or other more offensive attacks. He has the ability to fly as well by creating a construct to carry him. He has been practicing since the day he found his powers by comparing his ability to lift objects with his hand construct. When he first began, it gave him headaches to lift a baseball (Hence stopping a truck nearly killed him) Now he is able to, with only minor strain lift an average sized car. He does not know the full limitations of his powers though since he had not been put in a position to really test them, a life or death situation that could push him past his pain threshold. Going off of his comparison from when he first began however, he believes that he could stop a 6 ton semi with similar damage as when he stopped the truck.

ADVANTAGES:
Photographic Memory - He can recall events as if looking at them in a photograph.

DISADVANTAGES:
Limited Scope - He can only create one continuous construct at a time. Meaning he can create a jetpack or he can create a machine gun. His mind simply cant take creating a jetpack and a machinegun.
Mental Strain -  The creation of the constructs has proven to be something he has to train, like working out. The more he uses it, the stronger it gets, but over exertion causes him pain and could eventually lead to brain damage.

SKILLS:
Computer Enthusiast: - Jason has worked to improve his computer skills since he learned his desired field of interest, quantum chemistry, relies a lot on computer models
Scientist: - Jason wanted to become a chemical engineer before he found out his abilities, and while they have changed his ultimate course, he still loves and is good at chemistry and physics.

HISTORY:
Jason grew up in a supportive family, his parents both being scientists yet still able to spend copious amounts of time with him. With their backgrounds in science, they pushed him to accel in their respective fields, physics and chemistry, and he ended growing his own love for science. When he was 19 years old, He was driving home from college one morning when a drunk driver came around a corner and struck his car. He found out he had the powers because he had imagined an airbag stopping the truck from hitting him. Had his skills been more pronounced he could have stopped the collision easily, but instead he woke up the next morning in a hospital bed having been in a coma for 16 hours due to a brain bleed. The truck had not hit his car, but the strain in stopping the vehicle had put too much strain on him.

Once he got better, he began practicing using his skills, seeing the limits of their power and whether they got stronger. He found out that his mental constructs grew in strength like a muscle. It had to be torn to be repaired and made stronger. He attended his college for another year working forward in his field of study until he found out about The Xavier School. He dropped out that week and enrolled to join the mutant school coming in as a sophomore in college, his parents helping to support him as he learns to control his abilities and get his degree.
True justice is quite simply the will of the Emperor.

SpiralSpider

Quote from: Amelita on May 20, 2014, 09:29:07 AM
stashes her Gambit current playby options

Travis Fimmel

Jackson Rathbone

Gaspard Ulliel

They all look nice. (Particularly like options 1 and 3) but Awww.... Ame doesn't seem to like MxM.  :-(

Quote from: Alias on May 20, 2014, 09:37:59 AM
I'm having trouble thinking of Cyclops' weaknesses. I mean, i know them, just hard to put to words.

Disadvantage: Sucks seeing in nothing but red?
~ My Ons/Offs, Characters and general RP info ~ Where am I?

"If you get hurt, hurt them back. If they kill you... walk it off."

Amelita

...what in heavens name makes you think I don't like MxM? Lmao
;D

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

AribethAmkiir

Quote from: Orange Marmalade on May 20, 2014, 01:24:33 PM
I've got it in the 2nd post in the thread as well - not all of them are finished but it was all of the ones posted so far. Needs to be updated again for the ones from the last couple pages :)

I'll also try to get a basic OOC Chatter thread up shortly and we can use that to organize, make connections, etc. Will probably help to separate it out from the creation/interest stuff here, we're a chatty bunch!

So, everyone who has submitted a character is being accepted?  That's awesome!

SpiralSpider

Quote from: Amelita on May 20, 2014, 01:41:32 PM
...what in heavens name makes you think I don't like MxM? Lmao
;D

Your 'roleplaying preferences'
~ My Ons/Offs, Characters and general RP info ~ Where am I?

"If you get hurt, hurt them back. If they kill you... walk it off."

Bloodied Porcelain

I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Rave

GEEZE LOUISE! A guy goes to sleep and the thread jumps 4 pages!

I don't even know where to begin on all this awesome.

I think Alias was asking, but out of the little list I suppose female Beast would be the most interesting to see! We don't have enough blue people, and we don't want Nightcrawler to be left out :P

On another note, I'll finish up Iron Fist's sheet today. He'll be happy to give the Iron Fist to any lady in here, because ya'll hawt >_>

MasterOfMyFate

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on May 20, 2014, 02:10:02 PM
PS: Juggy's brain is forfeit. :D

Unless I find a bucket big enough to cover it. :P

But then again, love slave Juggernaut could be fun. Maybe make a group effort out of it.
Master ON/OFF