LFG for Final Fantasy D6 (Recruitment is closed)

Started by Zaer Darkwail, March 08, 2015, 12:04:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angie

I don't have access to healing right now. Just the group Escape spell.
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

ReijiTabibito

And Paladins don't get much in the way of MP, either.  2+MND points per level.  So, if a Paladin were to have the Cure spell (7 MP), and a standard MND value (let's say 6), he would gain 8 MP per level, meaning...by the time he hit level 15, he could cast Cure 15 times.  Oh good!  (MND * 2) + 2d6 HP...

...didn't the guy who wrote this say this was supposed to be bigger and more epic?

Angie

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on March 17, 2015, 09:00:20 PM
And Paladins don't get much in the way of MP, either.  2+MND points per level.  So, if a Paladin were to have the Cure spell (7 MP), and a standard MND value (let's say 6), he would gain 8 MP per level, meaning...by the time he hit level 15, he could cast Cure 15 times.  Oh good!  (MND * 2) + 2d6 HP...

...didn't the guy who wrote this say this was supposed to be bigger and more epic?

That's why I'm looking at the support spells, and why my Arcane Weapon is called the "Staff of Escape"-So you guys can get the hell out.

ReijiTabibito

Yeah, no offense, Angie, but Paladin magic isn't going to be a substitute for a proper White Mage...hell, a Red Mage might not even be a substitute for one.

EDIT: It's obvious to me that for this particular system, in contrast to how it's done in the Returner FF, parties are supposed to make quite liberal use of the Synthesis system and craft their items for healing and such.  A simple, ordinary potion is just as good at level 15 as it is at level 1, because it heals a percentage of the character's HP rather than a simple, flat amount.

Angie

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on March 17, 2015, 09:04:52 PM
Yeah, no offense, Angie, but Paladin magic isn't going to be a substitute for a proper White Mage...hell, a Red Mage might not even be a substitute for one.

EDIT: It's obvious to me that for this particular system, in contrast to how it's done in the Returner FF, parties are supposed to make quite liberal use of the Synthesis system and craft their items for healing and such.  A simple, ordinary potion is just as good at level 15 as it is at level 1, because it heals a percentage of the character's HP rather than a simple, flat amount.

Did you miss the fact that I said I was looking at support spells, as in I'm not trying to be a proper White Mage.

ReijiTabibito

No, I did not.  Rather, I think I'm actually applauding you for it.  I would suggest aiming for the more utility spells, rather than stuff like Cure and Aero and that Holy damage spell (Psh, you're a Paladin, Holy bleeds out your eyes).

Inerrant Lust

My idea for sorta multi-classing or job changing was gonna be Dragoon/White Mage. :P

Angie

I'd recommend against that, even with the rules for it, this is not a system built for multiclassing/job changing.

ReijiTabibito

Yeah, I'm with Angie.  Even with the Onion Knight ability, which lets you class change any time you defeat a powerful enough monster, class changing generally isn't worth it.  Maybe if there were more than 15 levels to be had, and you could get up to 50+ like you can in the E-games, but not in this system.

Latooni Subota

ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Inerrant Lust

Eh, I just thought it fit the fluff I was going for.

To be honest, I've been so busy with work and rl and such that I just want to hammer out the concept first. I haven't given the actual pdf much attention at all.

AndyZ

How does natural healing work in this game?  The White Mage innate ability does seem absolutely fantastic in that regard...
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

slowmojoe

If you're on the road, a full night's rest recovers 50% HP/MP. (Travel rest)

If you're staying in an inn or something of the like, it restores full HP/MP. (Full rest)

Some items have "Good Night's Sleep" property, which lets travel rest restore to Full rest.

A healing skill check of Challenging difficulty can also do this, but if it fails, the person that failed the check doesn't get any rest at all.

It should also be noted that you have to be in a safe area to travel rest.

Florence

Quote from: slowmojoe on March 18, 2015, 05:59:14 AM
If you're on the road, a full night's rest recovers 50% HP/MP. (Travel rest)

If you're staying in an inn or something of the like, it restores full HP/MP. (Full rest)

Some items have "Good Night's Sleep" property, which lets travel rest restore to Full rest.

A healing skill check of Challenging difficulty can also do this, but if it fails, the person that failed the check doesn't get any rest at all.

It should also be noted that you have to be in a safe area to travel rest.

Can I just propose that this video be posted every time the party sleeps? :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F1NE8XbuAw
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Eislynn

Quote from: Florence on March 18, 2015, 06:49:34 AM
Can I just propose that this video be posted every time the party sleeps? :P

Oh ye of little faith. I'll have you know that I find music to be extremely important in the games I run, especially since this is final fantasy. :)

I'm-a cook-a sumpin up. ;)

Florence

Quote from: Katida desu on March 18, 2015, 07:04:29 AM
Oh ye of little faith. I'll have you know that I find music to be extremely important in the games I run, especially since this is final fantasy. :)

I'm-a cook-a sumpin up. ;)

Hehe, I am definitely looking forward to this!
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Florence

I'm contemplating replacing the gauntlets with some healing items, cause Night Sword only works once a battle. I still need to fill out goals and the quote... and write up her backstory, but I figured I'd post up what I have so far!

PLAYER NAME: Florence
LEVEL: 1
RACE: Human
JOB: Dark Knight
CHARACTER NAME: Aeron
PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION: http://s4.postimg.org/q4b755f25/florence_zpsz1rgv4if.jpg
SHORT TERM GOALS:
LIFE GOALS:
FLAVOR QUOTE:

DESTINY POINTS: 1

ATTRIBUTES:
PWR: 8
RES: 8
DEX: 3
MND: 6

HP: 26
MP: 8

FORCE: 4
FINESS: 2

ACC: 3
AVD: 5

EQUIPMENT:
R.HAND: Bronze Sword/3/PWR/8+2d6/Reliable
ARMOR: Chain Vest/6/2/None
ACCESSORY: Gauntlets/Immune to Disarm

SKILLS:
Atheltics - 5
Awareness- 5
Escape- 5
Negotiation- 5

ABILITIES: Darkside, Night Sword, Last Resort

SPELLS: Sleep, Hex

EQUIPMENT:
Bronze Sword: Tier 1 Blade
Chain Vest: Tier 1 Heavy Armor
Guantlets: Tier 1 Accessory

INVENTORY:

Revelation

Was hoping to finish up the sheet before I went out for D&D - but it'll have to wait! I'll get it done tonight, promise!

ReijiTabibito

Hey, since music is apparently going to be a part of this, is there any much objection if I, say, bring in a motif for my own character?

Eislynn

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on March 18, 2015, 04:00:11 PM
Hey, since music is apparently going to be a part of this, is there any much objection if I, say, bring in a motif for my own character?

Be my guest. Anyone who wants to designate a theme for their character is welcome, even encouraged to do so.

In other news, slowmojoe and I are currently dealing with a minor plumbing disaster in our basement. I don't expect this to delay the game much, but if it does a little, please bear with us. We very much look forward to giving you all a great game no matter how long it takes!

Florence

Quote from: Katida desu on March 19, 2015, 06:38:18 AM
Be my guest. Anyone who wants to designate a theme for their character is welcome, even encouraged to do so.

In other news, slowmojoe and I are currently dealing with a minor plumbing disaster in our basement. I don't expect this to delay the game much, but if it does a little, please bear with us. We very much look forward to giving you all a great game no matter how long it takes!

:C Plumping disasters are just looooads of fun.

I'm sure we'll all be patiently waiting. I've still got some more work to do on my character anyway... and now I want to find a themesong for them xD

Zaer Darkwail

(Sorry for long delay, here is my char. I provide background later as it's quite long)

PLAYER NAME: Zaer Darkwail
LEVEL: 1 (ALL CHARACTERS WILL BEGIN AT LEVEL 1)
RACE: Mithra Male
JOB: Blue Mage
CHARACTER NAME: R'sohn Barada
PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION: Besides the pic, he stands 5'4'ft height and hood down he has pure white hair and cat ears and his eyes when not casting blue magic are feline yellow/gold and he is light in build and carries a staff in battle.
SHORT TERM GOALS: Travel, see the world, beat all his sisters in combat
LIFE GOALS: Find his mother (missing seven years)
FLAVOR QUOTE: "Never give up hope", "Aha! So that's how it works! Watch this!"

ATTRIBUTES (MIN 3; MAX 20) 25 to start, cost is 1:1
PWR: 6
RES: 6
DEX: 5
MND: 8

HP: 20
MP: 10

FORCE: 3
FINESSE: 3

ARM: 2
M.ARM: 6

EQUIPMENT
R.HAND: Apprentice Staff
L.HAND: -||-
SHIELD: None
ARMOR: Apprentice Robes
ACCESSORY: NAME/ PROPERTIES

SKILL
+1 Awareness      
+1 Escape         
+3 Inquiry
+1 Languages
+1 Lore(Monsters)
+1 Lore(General)
+3 Mercantile
+4 Nature
+3 Negotiation
+2 Stealth

ABILITIES
Observe (innate + bonus)
Grand Summoner (Chocobo, personal)

SPELLS (Blue Magic)

Choco Ball (4 MP)

Target: Single
Type: Non-elemental
Reflectable
A crackling sphere of yellow energy is launched at the target
with a single, high-pitched note of kweeeeeeeeeh, inflicting
(MND x Half Level) + 2d6 points of non-elemental damage. The
caster and one ally of their choice each regain HP equal to the
total amount of damage dealt by Choco Ball.

SUMMONS

Chocobo

Abilities
Chocobop: Makes kicks to single target (PWR x 3) or (DEX x 4) + 2d6 worth physical dmg.
Choco Esuna: Removes 1 negative effect and gives +4 RESI stat to resist the removed status until hit.
Choco Barrier: Gives one char Shell and Protect.
Spells: Choco Ball, Fire and Meteorite
Astral Flow (Chocobo Rush): A stampede of chocobos do (Dex x 7) + 2d6 dmg to all foes.
Devotion: Completed.
Pact Gift: Able whistle and call a random wild chocobo to anywhere where your are and serves without complaint (albeit GM needs take account present area and determine is there any chance for chocobos naturally live in area) from miles away as a mount and gives +4 to nature checks to ride and mounted maneuvers while riding chocobos.

EQUIPMENT: Apprentice Staff (150 gil), Apprentice Robes (100 gil)

INVENTORY:
2xPotions (25% heal, 40gil), 3xether (25% mana back, 60 gil), 2xAntidote (removes poison, 40 gil), 2xeye drops (removes blind, 40 gil), Echo Screen (removes seal, 50 gil), Smoke Bomb (casts Escape spell, 50 gil), 20 gil in pouch

Background
R'sohn was born as youngest into runt in the family in
Khayuun
Khayuun is a mithran tribal community which is build on ruins which have over generations rebuild back inhabitable state. The tribe's primary self-chosen duty is to be monster hunters, their main foes being various fiends (powerful dark monsters) which creep from the Darklands. It's backwater community inside a mithran dominated kingdom which much is not known by outsiders (expect by sages). Community at large does not care for politics of the kingdom. The Khayuun culture has customs relating between relationship of man and woman (it's matriarch community) and it follows;

On mothers and family in Khayuun:
-It is matriarchal, so last name passes down from the mother, and women are the hunters/providers.
-Marriage is not generally a concept in the society. However family ties are considered of utmost importance.
-The mother is the head of family, and takes care of her children until the eldest female daughter can take over.
-The father is not required to stay with the mother after a child is conceived.
-Siblings tend to band together and live as family once the eldest is old enough to be on her own.
-Eldest female in the family has highest authority in regards important decisions inside the family. No outside party can influence it unless rest of the tribe is somehow involved.

More about male Mithra in Khayuun:
-Breeding males are rare and prized.
-A Mithra female may claim a breeding male as her partner. By law this claim must be consensual.
-If a breeding male is already claimed, both the male and his partner must consent to allow another female to breed with him.
-Generally, because males are rare, such requests are not refused. It's just a normal part of society. It is however very taboo to take a man by force or to mate with him without asking permission from his partner.
-A female may only claim one breeding male at a time. She may also revoke her claim at any time. However if female is gone over a 1 year without word nor contact to male, her claim is freed from him. Same applies when she is dead.
-A male may choose to breed freely without taking partners. But even 'one night stands' must be consensual.
, which is tribal city located at borders of Darklands, land of fiends ('fiends' is general term for dangerous dark monsters). His father raised the whole litter of seven children alone while their mother was a monster slayer from Khayuun, she worked aboard but mostly she staid in her home neighborhood slaying fiends which more than regularly crossed the border and started harass other mithra towns and cities in their country. All females in Khayuun were one way or another monster hunters while men only served in home as craftsmen and home keepers, few as they were.

R'sohn was bullied (playful fashion) by his elder sisters who all picked various professions and jobs related to monster hunting. He adored his mother who told her bold and brave tales from her journeys and the ancient ruins and wonders in the wasteland and exciting tales of her battles against fiends. R'sohn was very attached to her as she showered him with attention and love (which drove his sisters jealous).

But then, one day mother did not return....days turned weeks, weeks months and months to years. After three years with no word from her, she was declared dead as last what was seen from her she went on routine patrol to Darklands. R'sohn refused to believe she died, as since month her being gone he had repeatedly seen dreams about her, every night....he had chased her, called for her, cried, shouted and any ways to draw attention to him! But every time she just walked into darkness and disappeared from him.

Sometimes he sees nightmares where she is slain by a powerful feline monster and some cases parts change; her slaying the monster but then she is dying and in other a another (unknown) hunter has slain her by accident. He was 12 when she was declared dead...his sisters mourned but continued on their lives like they had past three years and father was claimed by a new mate. R'sohn was last from the litter to stay in house anyways as most his sisters already lived independently or part of hunting groups lodges.

So he sneaked out from home, left from safety of Khayuun, avoiding patrols as no doubt any of them would had returned him home as none children, despite gender, is allowed leave town after dark before they turn fourteen. Males never leave without a female monster hunter accompanying them. However R'sohn was grief struck and he wanted find his mother now, so he head to the Darklands, a place where no novice hunters should go and only so far his eldest sister had been given license to go there alone and two second eldest only as part of more experienced group!

With mothers tales and knowledge guiding him, he went into the dark wasteland...calling on her and either by miracle or luck no fiends approached him in first two nights. But in third day things changed. He came across a chocobo with a small chick, they were starving clearly in the wasteland and R'sohn wondered how they had wound up there. But none the less both were fidgety sort but he left them generous amount of his reserved rations into near by rock and stepped back....and watched after some cautious steps the chocobo and her chick ate on the rations and then chocobo mother gave nuzzling thanks for the meal to R'sohn.

But they parted ways and he continued on deeper while chocobos ate. He then finds some ancient ruins, which are ancient and predates to times when wasteland was once prosperous Mithran kingdom before ancient travesty had struck and ruined the land and split R'sohn's people intro tribes. He remembers his mother often investigate ruins to recover ancient artifacts...perhaps she's there?

But he forgot in all those tales the ruins held other perils besides fiends....including ancient defense mechanisms and traps which treated all intruders, even mithrans, as hostile intruders which need dealt with permanent fashion. In the city a dark metal construct, a sort golem, activated and almost hit R'sohn in single sneaky hit but he in time saw punch coming and he rolled and dodged it!

He was then chased across the ruins by the persistent construct, he wound up into dead end and then slowly construct approached to crush him to death....but then above him he heard loud Kweh! and there it was; the chocobo mother and her chick! The mother screeched and started mercilessly fight and kick, beak and hammer the construct with ferocity which filled with R'sohn in awe. He wonders even this day, how or why mother was in ruins....he speculates they maybe followed him for more snacks as they both were hungry after even him giving majority of his rations.

Either case mother fought, but construct pummeled her again and again, she was weakening but in final burst she hammered the construct which then in final act exploded and knocked the mother....dead in ground before R'sohn. Chick then chirped, repeatedly and nuzzled on mother's corpse and R'sohn cried then, as he can feel chick's hopeless efforts and disbelief. Feel sorrow for the brave mother who saved his life with her life and now left her chick all alone into wasteland.

R'sohn then comforted the chick most of the day until chick realized mother was dead and came over it and started follow R'sohn in his journey for his own mother. They spend night in ruins and then continued onward deeper into wastelands. Sharing rations with the chick who seem had adopted him as brother some sort. In over three days deep in wasteland they had another encounter, this time a actual fiend.

It was a minotaur sort creature which howled, red gleaming eyes and black horns and crimson body they ran for their lives! As when he stumbled, the chocobo chick did not leave him but rather stood selfishly ground and started chirp angrily on the minotaur, even attack it fiercely like it's mother had and attempted unleash the golden energy ball but only sparks escaped from the beak. Minotaur angrily kicked the chick aside and proceed raise axe to finish of R'sohn....then his eldest sister, B'baharra, came to his rescue.

She parried the attack and told R'sohn get up and prepare to run, as she knew dark minotaurs are physically tough and only harmed by magic and so her shield and sword are not much against it! R'sohn took the chick and they ran from the minotaur quickly as they could while his elder sister constantly spilled curses and calling R'sohn by various insulting names for sake of his idiocy...and wonder what in ancestors name had driven him to go The Darklands the all possible places!

But the lecture and argument ceased as they ran straight into a wide charm where bottom waited entire pack of fiends...so they sat between falling into chasm filled with fiends or face dark minotaur and so B'baharra raised her weapons and prepared fight. She fought well, she after all is considered veteran monster hunter now, but her shield nor sword could not harm the dark minotaur and she was rapidly tiring to block the immense blows by dark minotaur who did not look harmed at all. Then the chocobo chick continued try spit the odd golden sphere R'sohn had seen chick's mother do on the construct....it had been potent enough knock down such construct but the chick was too young to do it.

But R'sohn observed the chick's constant attempt to use it properly....and he somehow understood how it worked. Chocobo's are animals, but they are animals deeply devoted to each other and to their riders and their sheer courage, tenacity against danger and sheer compassion formed into pure energy which is meant to protect themselves and their kin. He watched the chick repeatedly try fire the orb off, and watching his elder sister fight for him filled him with the affection to her and also worry that she will die....the sorrow of not seeing mother collided with sudden fear of loosing his eldest sister, despite she had teased him he did love and respect her as she was very similar to his mother in personality if not appearance.

He was filled with anger to the dark minotaur, he felt his body burning with wrath from dark minotaur trying take his sister away from him! As chick besides him chirped and tried spit the ball, he clenched both his hands which felt increasing pressure and then something clicked in his brain as he moved hands together, feeling pressure from both hands radiating energy and colliding and building up between his hands. He inhaled deeply and the sphere started glow brightly as he thrust palms forward same time chick launched head forward and mimicking chick's cry he shouted; "Kweeeeeeeeeh!" His ball flied and hit on the dark minotaur on the face! The dark minotaur became blinded from the attack and energy filled in R'sohn in triumph and so same energy also reached to his sister! His sister was speechless, shocked seeing what her little brother did and so was caught off guard as minotaur swung blindly, not her nor R'sohn but earth beneath them and thus they fell down into chasm together.

Fiends dodged the stone fall but they fell into fiend nest filled with bug monsters....endless tide of them and thus triumph they felt was filled with despair and fear. The chocobo chick started cry, repeatedly and loudly. While B'baharra prepared for a grim fight against big tide of monsters which loomed before her, R'sohn once again followed the chocobo chick's example and started cry. Thinking perhaps another chocobo mother appears to save them....chocobo are after all pack animals. So mother and chick may had been separated from their pack.

But unexpected occurred; as large and golden vibrant chocobo appeared above them. Jumping down and picking up both the chick and R'sohn up atop it's shoulder and released a loud howling "K‐KWEHHH!!!" All while B'baharra held back on the bug fiends and was loosing the fight rapidly against so many of them! Then earth starts shake....then suddenly entire swarm of chocobos storm above the chasm and leap over them and start stampede upon the fiends! Trampling them with large tide of chocobos of various colors in all vibrant colors!

The chick which had accompanied chirped enthusiastic manner and several chocobos which passed them chirped similar fashion, the chick looked on R'sohn tough....and then with soft smile R'sohn slips off from golden chocobo and placed chick on ground and encouraged it follow the stampeding pack. So thus they parted ways as the chick with screech joined back on it's family. Leaving behind chocobo feathers and devastation as all fiends in chasm had been stampeded over.

After that his sister pulled him by ear (both literally and figuratively) back home. However as she reported events to her superiors, then elder of the tribe, Khel Vashai, came visit R'sohn and confirm something. Indeed, R'sohn had formed a pact with chocobos as a esper. Also he had acquired ability to use blue magic, both traits which are very rare and would make him very good monster hunter. However because of the experience near loosing her brother to the wastelands and by customs of the Khayuun his elder sister B'baharra had none of it about learning arts of summoner nor blue magic....she declared he will study to become a shopkeeper like his father had and stay home, as eldest female in family and blood related to R'sohn her word was final.

This infuriated and thus resulted R'sohn everlasting grudge and conflict with his elder sister who shut down him any chances to study arts of blue magic and summoner....as he feels if he becomes a monster hunter (which is against tradition but not unheard) he could find his mother! His elder sisters (as whole) call him stupid and that he should accept mother is dead and live on for her memory!

But the dreams continue, he knows mother is alive somewhere in the Darklands, but now one trip wiser he knows going there inexperienced is just suicide and will endanger his sisters. So he six years secretly practices whenever he can and study everything he can about blue magic, which is not much as there is no academies nor any written lore on the magic besides theories. The magic is all about experience or study monster attacks and then use them against them.

Summoner arts are more mystery but it's clear you need meet and do a task, test or directly challenge the summons to fight and defeat them to earn their respect and able to call them. So it means lots of traveling in the world and facing dangers. Yet another thing what his culture frowns upon!

In age of eighteen he then heads out from Khayuun, but this time heading outside his home kingdom and go to Gilaud (traveling on foot and on sailing vessels as airships would had left clear trace for elder siblings to follow) to seek other blue mages and mentor for him either on blue magic or to summoning arts. Hopefully far enough that his elder sisters will not find him and force him dragged home. So thus he hides his mithran features with hooded robe and keeps his tail carefully coiled inside his robes (and keep face hidden in hood to avoid his feline eyes to be shown).

slowmojoe

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on March 19, 2015, 06:34:12 PM
(Sorry for long delay, here is my char. I provide background later as it's quite long)

PLAYER NAME: Zaer Darkwail
LEVEL: 1 (ALL CHARACTERS WILL BEGIN AT LEVEL 1)
RACE: Mithra
JOB: Blue Mage
CHARACTER NAME: R'sohn Barada
PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION: Besides the pic, he stands 5'4'ft height and hood down he has pure white hair and cat ears and his eyes when not casting blue magic are feline yellow/gold and he is light in build and carries a staff in battle.
SHORT TERM GOALS: Travel, see the world, beat all his sisters in combat
LIFE GOALS: Find his mother (missing seven years)
FLAVOR QUOTE: "Never give up hope", "Aha! So that's how it works! Watch this!"

ATTRIBUTES (MIN 3; MAX 20) 25 to start, cost is 1:1
PWR: 6
RES: 6
DEX: 5
MND: 8

HP: 20
MP: 10

FORCE: 3
FINESSE: 3

ARM: 2
M.ARM: 6

EQUIPMENT
R.HAND: Apprentice Staff
L.HAND: -||-
SHIELD: None
ARMOR: Apprentice Robes
ACCESSORY: NAME/ PROPERTIES

SKILL
+1 Awareness      
+1 Escape         
+3 Inquiry
+1 Languages
+1 Lore(Monsters)
+1 Lore(General)
+3 Mercantile
+4 Nature
+3 Negotiation
+2 Stealth

ABILITIES
Observe (innate + bonus)
Grand Summoner (Chocobo, personal)

SPELLS (Blue Magic)

Choco Ball (4 MP)

Target: Single
Type: Non-elemental
Reflectable
A crackling sphere of yellow energy is launched at the target
with a single, high-pitched note of kweeeeeeeeeh, inflicting
(MND x Half Level) + 2d6 points of non-elemental damage. The
caster and one ally of their choice each regain HP equal to the
total amount of damage dealt by Choco Ball.

SUMMONS

Chocobo

Abilities
Chocobop: Makes kicks to single target (PWR x 3) or (DEX x 4) + 2d6 worth physical dmg.
Choco Esuna: Removes 1 negative effect and gives +4 RESI stat to resist the removed status until hit.
Choco Barrier: Gives one char Shell and Protect.
Spells: Choco Ball, Fire and Meteorite
Astral Flow (Chocobo Rush): A stampede of chocobos do (Dex x 7) + 2d6 dmg to all foes.
Devotion: Completed.
Pact Gift: Able whistle and call a random wild chocobo to anywhere where your are and serves without complaint (albeit GM needs take account present area and determine is there any chance for chocobos naturally live in area) from miles away as a mount and gives +4 to nature checks to ride and mounted maneuvers while riding chocobos.

EQUIPMENT: Apprentice Staff (150 gil), Apprentice Robes (100 gil)

INVENTORY:
2xPotions (25% heal, 40gil), 3xether (25% mana back, 60 gil), 2xAntidote (removes poison, 40 gil), 2xeye drops (removes blind, 40 gil), Echo Screen (removes seal, 50 gil), Smoke Bomb (casts Escape spell, 50 gil), 20 gil in pouch

Generally, I like it. I think I'm okay with Grand Summoner in this case.  Although it's fairly obvious that this is an Individual Esper, it should be stated as such.  The only problem I can see is assuming that the Devotion is completed. I agree that it probably makes sense with your character, and it really only saves 1pt of Destiny. However, it is a boon otherwise not provided to the other players.

I think that we could perhaps compromise to say that you are close to completing your Devotion, so that you could potentially achieve it on pace with the others, without starting ahead.

Zaer Darkwail

Reason why devotion is completed is mentioned in my background :P. I post it tomorrow asap.

Latooni Subota

Character partially done depending on feedback about background fluff. Since there's a large lack of support-y goodness, I am making . . a dancer. Entertainer, with a few dips, before ending up with Entertainer/Bard again on my little projected class chart. (Namely Entertainer -> Time Mage -> Ninja -> Entertainer) I felt the need to prove to you guys how delightful job changing can be . . and I found a picture that inspired me.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Doesn't help that there were a bunch of applications for half the classes I was interested in playing either, lol. Either way, assuming it all ends up okay and I get in, come to me for all of your item crafting/skill monkey-ing/potion throwing needs~
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.