[Interest Check] Lewd Themes in 5e Forgotten Realms

Started by AnneReinard, October 20, 2017, 08:48:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnneReinard

So. Just a quick interest check so that I can gauge if people think this would be neat and decide what sort of direction I would like to go in this. The nutshell pitch is as follows:

Adventurers make their fortunes in the world of Faerûn, spoiling the machinations of villains that hit upon themes of the corruption of innocence, seduction, and enslavement.

The why is pretty straightforward as well! I want to give back to the community in a way that will be enjoyable to me. I want to learn more about running games in 5e. I also want to learn more about the Forgotten Realms setting and this would be a good way to do so. Now, the tricky part is trying to think of what sort of group to assemble for this. Would people be interested in having a game where at least temporary "bad ends" are a real potential? Or perhaps people would prefer to have a mixed band of adventurers, where people could be tempted into their vices? Each has a certain appeal to me. I will note that I like the concept where the adventurers can ultimately be successful in their goals - with or without lewd themes coming into play. That being said, I am looking into a set-up where lewd themes almost certainly will come into play.

I am also a little open to ideas as to where to set such a game. My initial gut was "Waterdeep", but I am not sure it has the criminal elements in play that I am looking for in 5e. I also must admit to a soft spot for Calimshan.
Ons and Offs

Always free for a little teasing back and forth. Or suggestions to titles to make this exhibitionist squirm! I adore silly little PMs.

Revelation

I'd be very interested! Though I'll admit I'm not one for bad ends personally.

AnneReinard

Ultimately that depends on overall interest! I must admit that "bad ends" (which I put in air quotes because I prefer the type where the players ultimately get to escape from) require a party that all buys into the particular kinks that go along with that. Otherwise, it could functionally cut somebody out for an extended portion of time.
Ons and Offs

Always free for a little teasing back and forth. Or suggestions to titles to make this exhibitionist squirm! I adore silly little PMs.

CirclMastr

I am interested but not in bad ends. Dark temptations? Now that I can get behind. After all, what's better than a pack mule? A pack slave girl!
-can wear human-sized backpack rather than saddlebags
-does not eat as much as a horse
-can climb ropes and ladders; no more getting left behind outside the dungeon
-actual two-way communication
-can drag unconscious body away from fight before I die
-sexy times during downtime
Ons & offs - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=8373.0
Statistics are like a bikini; what they reveal is significant, but what they conceal is even more important.

AnneReinard

But a pack slave girl can't carry as much as a mule! Besides, the musculature sort of changes the slave girl aesthetic! But whatever floats your boats...

So, the last time I saw an interest check peeking around for Pathfinder APs, it was somewhat divided into two camps - the camp that wanted a primarily female / victim party ultimately taking the edge by the end of things. It is kind of curious to me (though not necessarily a trend yet!) that the first two responses seem to be pushed in the other direction!
Ons and Offs

CirclMastr

Quote from: AnneReinard on October 20, 2017, 01:01:41 PM
But a pack slave girl can't carry as much as a mule!

Sounds like the perfect excuse to get multiple slave girls to me!
Statistics are like a bikini; what they reveal is significant, but what they conceal is even more important.

Daril

I'm interested, and have several character concepts I might be able to use.  Though I don't know how well they'd fit an official setting like Faerun.

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Dokuro

I am very interested in a playing dnd in a settibg like that.

Side note of my own ideas:
What draw me out of my hiatus from here was the idea of gming dnd 5e in a lewd world where corruption rule. Adding a few statuses as hunger. Body heat and keeping tracks of clothes. Traps that are somwhat alive or maybe "just" penetrative. Clothes that prevent but may be torn. Creatures that take oppertunitiea. Which also would affect a lewd/corruption status.

Yet I have doubts if my kinks would attract a group tbh.
What did I do now?

On and off's

Muse

*raises his hand* 

May I play? 

Sounds like Calimshan is more apropriate than waterdeep so far. 

Hi Circl!
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

AnneReinard

Hrm. I must admit, the tricky bit for me is how to get dom smutty themes in as opposed to sub smutty themes in. You know. Outside of an outright evil leaning mercenary party.
Ons and Offs

DeviantMunster

There goes paladin. Their Detect Lewd power is too strong.

WhatLiesAbove

I could get in on this? Corruption of an eleven thief? Yes please!

MingMing

I'm a sucker for roleplaying 'bad ends' especially if they lead not to permadeath but instead perilous situations that can daisy-chain from peril to peril.  Consequences for making 'interesting' choices and having frailties or flaws in IC decisions are what make for great story in my opinion.  However, I am woefully ignorant of 5E D&D as I switched to Pathfinder after the 4E debacle.  Would love to learn more and hear where this idea will go though!

Suggestion- Don't forget that Waterdeep has Skullport underneath it, a den of scum and villainy the likes of which most civilized minds go a-fleeing upon witnessing!   :-)
“I have not seen one who loves virtue as he loves sex”- Confucius

(If I don't know you, haven't communicated with you in PM's or through the Elliquiy Forums, don't just IM me out of the blue.  I will just close the window & ignore you.  Take the trouble to actually send me a greeting & talk with me in Elliquiy first!)

Revelation

If this game gets off the ground i'm definitely in the mood to play a Paladin. Can be good or less than good - if more mercenary-esque, I can see playing a Conquest paladin if unearthed arcana is allowed.

Daril

I'm kind of waiting to see how this shapes up before I decide what sort of character concept to play.  (Sorry I know that's not the greatest way to help move things along.)

CirclMastr

Quote from: Muse on October 22, 2017, 11:30:59 AM
Hi Circl!

Hey Muse, been a long time.

Quote from: Daril on October 22, 2017, 09:42:42 PM
I'm kind of waiting to see how this shapes up before I decide what sort of character concept to play.  (Sorry I know that's not the greatest way to help move things along.)

I know what you mean and I agree, themes and such should probably be settled before we start pitching characters.

Doomblade403xxx

Wouldnt mind playing this once a little background is established on location and other plot devices.

Zaer Darkwail

I voice interest as well albeit no char concept until more solid idea of theme of the party and location is established. However for lewd fun there are few options;

Sharess feasthalls (cult/religion all about fun times and orgies)
Thayans (they do enslave people and train slaves as well)
Zhentarim (bit same deal as Thayans albeit less wizards/spells and more shackles and dark priests and rogues)
Calishman (society where slave concubines are still used and slavery overall)

However if want focus on corruption and lewd funs and temptations best party is perhaps heavily neutral aligned party of mercenaries (or if good aligned party members they have loose morals someway already to stomach the mercenary work which is driven by need of coin). Also big question is that is game before or after spellplaque (lots lore changes from that event, myself favoring pre-spellplaque era).

AnneReinard

I certainly expect no character concepts! I was merely checking the interest in 5e and seeing where I needed to narrow down themes to begin with!

So. We're thinking a dominant leaning party at this point it seems. We still want to work in lewd themes. Before discussing the specifics, let me propose the following basic campaign structure for this leaning.

The party consists of a morally dubious mercenary band. They take various mercenary contracts for coin to sustain their particular vices, pay off debts that could come back to haunt them, and perhaps buy a way out of the adventuring lifestyle. In the course of these contracts, they often find themselves in situations where they could very well take their power and use it to take advantage of others (including in lewd ways). Various forces in the world might see them as a target to try to draw into a fall where they might be of better aid to the forces of darkness rather than those of light.

Setting wise, I would be doing post-Spellplague, base 5e setting. Which... undoes most of the Spellplague. It's just easier for me to look at just that then try to parse all the pre-existing lore.
Ons and Offs

DeviantMunster

*tries not to drool* Cuuuuursed iiiiitems.

I mean, what now?

*waves a hand* I was never here.

CirclMastr

I'd be up for a mercenary group, hired to do the things that more legitimate forces can't bring themselves to do.

Zaer Darkwail

I also like merc idea, fits very well if mercenary band is Zhent in origin (and Zhent region has variety of races living there). Zhentarim is organization while zhents are people living in monster infested brutal raider culture before organization. Overall morally gray region to come from even if not associated with the organization (and most mercs are).

AnneReinard

I'm inclined to stick to the Sword Coast myself, mostly due to the fact that it has more fluff for me to draw upon for my schemes.
Ons and Offs

Zaer Darkwail

Well, nothing prevents zhent mercenaries going sword coast (only at Dalelands they would be facing trouble).