Looking for a GM for Pathfinder.

Started by Blinkin, July 25, 2013, 03:35:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blinkin

Ok, works for me... and yes, I could spend 33K, it's not hard, but it means going overboard on magic and most GM's frown on it... including me.

That's not to say that I won't do it myself, but that's me the player, not me the GM. lol

*marks off the +4 longbow and handy haversack* lol
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Hephaestus

If I may I would like to state boldly that I love several of your players and would like to fill your last slot. I will play someone frontline. But I dont have a concept to throw at you right now.

P.S.
   Heya Guys!
Plans are only good intentions unless they immediately degenerate into hard work.
~Peter Drucker~

Teo Torriatte

Hello Hephaestus! Would love to have you in the game!   :-)

Blinkin

Think that's up to the GM, so may not be great to sound like him. ;)

Who do we have?

Me, Ixy, muse, Luna, Hot in Red? That's 5...

Steelsmiter dropped out due to, if I understood it, he wanted to start at 1st level...

Can I get a idea of who's playing what sex?

Me: Undecided Ranger
Ixy: Monk Archer
Muse: Sorceror
Luna: Rogue?
Pretty In Pink: Cleric

Is that right?

BTW: I have no problem with a 6th player, but I'm not the GM and he may feel a bit overwhelmed by it.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Countdown0

I have no problem with Hephaestus playing a sixth character, but that will be the maximum.
My posting rate is SLOOOW at the moment... sorry about that :(

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

Pretty in Pink

Female here, Muse's char's twin sister.  :P
[FLOATLEFT][/FLOATLEFT]O.O ~{=}~ Ideas ~{=}~ A&A[FLOATRIGHT][/FLOATRIGHT]

I've taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RP

Ixy

Kali is a female Zen Archer. 

The basic background is that she was born into slavery and it was all she knew until, as a child, the ring was destroyed and she was left with a monastic order.  She has some strange personality quirks as a result, and doesn't recognize many societal norms, or emotional nuances.  It's all logic and openness-- no shame, no moral struggles, and no greed.

Blinkin

Here's the character, one Lara Redwood, and her animal Companion, "Sam" the Panther. Enjoy!Here's the character so far...

Ranger

Name: Lara Redwood         Player: Blinkin
Race: Half-Elf            Sex: Female
Class: Ranger            Favored Class: Ranger/fighter
Level: 8            EXP: 51,000
Alignment: Chaotic Good      Next Level:  275,000
Measurements: 36C-28-35      Weight:136 lbs

Physical Description:
Lara is a raven haired beauty with large, jade green eyes and full lips in a tanned, heart shaped face. Straight, dark brows and a straight, slightly upturned nose give her an exotic, look. A slender throat leads to shoulders that may be just a hint too wide and firm, well rounded breast that fills out her tunic in a most alluring way. A slender waist narrows before flaring out into well rounded hips and tight ass, which lead into toned, long legs. Most commonly seen in well made, if worn clothing of earthy tones, she moves with the fluid, unconscious grace of a predator; the low slung belt on her hips holding a long sword on the left side and a quiver on her right… a dagger hilt sticks from a sheath in her right boot. A longbow never seems to be far from her hands. A large, clack cat follows her like a shadow, its eyes almost matching Lara’s in color.

Personality:
Lara is a complex mixture of deadly seriousness and outrageous flirt. When she’s engaged in the business of keeping the forest and wilds free of evil… and the world at large free of every slaver she can lay eyes on, her focus is near total and her devotion to her profession almost like obsession. Her staked out range has a marked decrease in raids on the citizens… and a significant increase in the number of raider bodies.

When Lara isn’t doing business, she is an outgoing, live for the moment (It may be the last) and outrageous flirt. She doesn’t seem to have a particular sex that she teases and laughs with, just a need to count every minute and make it matter. If you’re a friend, you’re a friend for life, if you’re an enemy… well, don’t expect too much more life to have. Slow to trust and allow people into her life in a real way, once you reach her, you’re golden.

Background:
The youngest daughter of farmers, Lara’s first 10 years were relatively normal. Up before sun-up to begin the day, bed not long after sunset and hard, honest work in the middle. Even at the tender age of 10, Lara helped the family in any way that was needed; be it helping in the kitchen or gathering wild herbs and berries for the family plate, she was helping in the fields at harvest by the time she was old enough to be taught when the produce was ready to be picked. All in all, it was a good life and one that she had never wanted for.

Then, just after her 11th birthday, her world was turned over and she was forced to witness the horrors of death in all of its vivid details. She had been sent out into the nearby fields and woods to gather roots and berries; she had a particular knack for it, and returned to find that the farm was ablaze and her youngest brother dying at the edge of the fields with two arrows in his back. Through his blood flecked lips, Lara learned that a raiding party of slavers had appeared just after the older boys and their father had gone into the fields to work. The screams of her 2 sisters and mother had drawn the men back and a fight had taken place. In the end, her two older sisters had been taken and her mother raped until she died.

Although Lara was taken in by a neighboring farm, she never recovered from the trauma and her heart was filled with hate of those who stole the lives of people to put them into bondage and swore an oath before the town’s alter that she would not stop until her sisters were free and every slaver she could find laid in his own blood.

When Lara was 16, she met a man in the forest who was tracking a band of Orcs that had recently moved into the area. His rough clothing and earnest attitude drew Lara into pestering him to teach her more about the forest that she loved and that he seemed to know so much about. After some years, she became a Ranger and devoted herself to that profession… which gave her an excellent platform for her private little war.

Ability Scores:
STR:   14 (+2) Carry: L: 58, M: 116, H: 175
DEX:   18 (+4)
CON:   14 (+2)
INT:   13 (+1)
WIS:   14 +2)
CHA:   14 (+2)

Saving Throws:         Combat:
Fort: +8         HP: 71/71
Reflex: +10         Init: +4
Will: +4         Speed: 30’

Offense:            Defense:
BAB:+8/+3            AC: 20
TAB: +11/6            AC (Flatfooted): 16
Ranged: +14            AC (Touch):14
CMB:+10            CMD:22
AC(Special): +2 vs Orcs, +4 VS Giants

Class Skills
5   Climb (STR) (3+2)
14   Craft; Bows (INT) (3+1+2+8)
13   Handle Animal (CHA) (3+2+8)
7   Heal (WIS) (3+2+2)
7   Knowledge; Dungeoneering (INT) (3+1+3)
7   Knowledge; Geography (INT) (3+1+3)
7   Knowledge; Nature (INT) (3+1+3)
14   Perception (WIS) (3+2+2+8)
6   Profession; Hunter (WIS) (3+2+1)
7   Ride (DEX) (3+4)
8   Spellcraft (INT) (3+1+4)
15   Stealth (DEX) (3+4+8)
16   Survival (WIS) (3+2+3+8)
5   Swim (STR) (3+2)
20   Track (Survival+1/2 level)

Languages: Common, Elven, Orc

Feats/Racial Traits: (RF=Racial Feat, CF=Class Feature)

RF -   Skill Focus; Survival
   Point Blank Shot
CF -   1st Favored Enemy:  Orcs
CF - Track
CF -   Wild Empathy ( Adds level nd CHA to diplomacy roll to effect wild animals)
CF -   Precise Shot
Weapon Focus; Longbows
CF -   Endurance
CF -   First Favored Terrain:: Forest
Cf-   Hunter’s Bond ; Leopard
Boon Companion
CF-   2nd Favored Enemy; Giants
CF -   Many Shot
   Weapon Specialization; Longbows
CF-   Woodland Stride
CF   Swift Tracker
CF -   Second Favored Terrain; Plains

Traits/racial traits:
Elven Immunities: Immune to magical sleep and +2 vs charm spells/effects.
Keen Senses (+2 to perception
Lowlight vision: 60’
Elf Blood: counts as human & elf for effects related to race.
Multitalented: Gains 2 favored classes & may take +1 HP or Skill Level for either. Addaptible: Gains spell focus as bonus feat

Spells:  2 1st, 2 2nd
Current:
1st: Residual Tracking, Speak With Animals
2nd: Speak with plants, Web Shelter

Coin:
GP:56
SP:12
CP:9

Equipment:
+1 Comp. Longbow(+2 STR): Dam: 1D6+3, Crit: x3, Wt: 0, Rng: 110’ Cost: 2,100
Longsword(MW):   Dam: 1D6+2, Crit: 19-20x2, Wt: 3, Cost:315
Dagger:   Dam: 1D4+2, Crit: 19-20 WT: 1, Range: 10’ Cost: 2 gp
Mithral Chain Shirt: AC: 6, DEX: 6, SP: 0, SF: 10%, Wt: 12.5, Cost: 10, 1,100
   Weapon/Armor Weight: 17.5 lbs

Efficient Quiver:   1,800   2 lbs
Arrows, Durable(60):   20 gp   0 lbs
Backpack (MW):   50 gp   4 lbs
Bedroll:      5 sp   5 lbs
Blanket (2):      1 gp   6 lbs
Canteen:      2 gp   1 lbs
Gemstone:      50 gp   neg
Kit, Mess:      2sp   1 lb
Outfit, Explorer’s:   0 gp   8 lbs
Potion, CLW(6):   300 gp   Neg
Pouch, Spell comp.:   5 gp   2 lbs
Rations, tril (6 days):   3 gp   3 lbs
Rope, silk (50’):   10gp   5 lbs
Sash, Adventurers:   20 gp   3 lbs
String (50’):      1 cp   .5 lbs
Tools, Artisan (MW):   55 gp   5 lbs
Torch, Everburning:   110 gp   1 lbs
   Total Weight: 64 lbs

And the furry one...

Sam The Panther

Name: Sam            Species: Panther
Level: 8            EXP: 77,000
Class: Animal Companion      Next Level: 115,000

Ability Scores
STR: 19 (+4)
Dex: 21 (+5)
Con: 15 (+2)
Int: 3 (-4)
Wis: 14 (+2)
CHA: 6 (-2)

Saving Throws:            Combat:
Fort: +7               HP: 50/50
Reflex: +10            Init: +5
Will: +4               Speed: 50’

Offense:               Defense:
Base Attack:+9            AC: 19
TAB: +9            AC (Flatfooted): 13
Ranged: N/A               AC (Touch):16
CMB:+11            CMD: +23
AC: Special: +4 VS AAO’s

Traits/Racial Traits:
Lowlight vision
Scent
Perception +5
Linked
Share Spells
Evasion
Sprint: 1x hour, can move up to 10x speed(500ft) in a charge
Devotion

Offense:
Bite 1D6+4+Grab (+4 to grapple, +5 bonus to maintain)
Claws (x2): 1D3+4Special Attacks:
Pounce:  Can charge and make a full attack, including rake
Rake: If already grappled, can make 2 extra (free) claw attacks.

skills:
5   Acrobatics (DEX) (+5)
7   Climb (STR) (3+4)
6   Intimidate (CHA) (3-2+5)
12   Perception (WIS)(3+2+5+2)
12   Stealth (DEX)(3+5+5)
5   Survival (WIS) (2+3)
7   Swim (STR))(3+4+)

Feats:
Weapon Fenesse
Dodge
Mobility
Combat Reflexes

Tricks:
Aid
Attack
Breakout
Come
Down
Exclusive
Flank
Guard
Heel
Menace
Stay
Watch

Lara may get just a little tweaking, but I think she's done enough for play. Not having traits made me rethink things just a little. The panther is a "Cat, small," which includes Leopards. The beastiary listing of Leopard stated that panthers, jaguars and cheetas use the same stats and information, so Sam was born. Any changes from the beastiary listing is based upon level advancement and being an animal companion.

Enjoy!
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Countdown0

I'm comfortable with whatever level of smuttiness you guys want to go with, and with light to extreme and whatever comes between them.

That said, if all you do is spend your time having sexy parties then I might have to have a few unpleasant things come your way to get you to start fighting and slaying and all that good stuff :D

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

Teo Torriatte

Muse

As is my dragon disciple.  I enjoy n c exotic of that suits your fancy great one.
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Muse

Harmony and Rhapsody Lexiphon are sexy twins with black cherry hair and strong, healthy bodies.  No surprise, then, that they are a farmer's daughters. 

Their parents are simple, peace loving folk—though strong enough to defend their land with bow or boar spear should a few goblins come a calling.  They're also well to do—freeholders with a lot of land and a few employees to help work it. 

Their father—Berom—wishes nothing but peace and prosperity for all his children, and their mother Anika years for grandchildren.  Unfortunately for them, their wild great uncle Hemingway keeps popping in and telling the children crazy stories about their ancestor Lexiphon—the gold dragon.  Thanks to him, Harmony was prepared when she began to work magic in her adolescence.  Prepared for and excited about the gift, she never developed hang ups that might slow down her development of the gift and would eventually begin to take on the full power of Great, great grandfather Lexiphon.  She wanted to be a hero like that dragon, protecting the innocent and growing rich by relieving the wicked of their ill gotten gains.  The gift was hers, she just had to master it. 

Poor Rapsody felt very left behind when the same gift was denied her.  She argued her mother down and got permission to join the temple of Saranrae in hopes she'd be blessed with equivalence power. 

By the time both girls were 16, their dreams had come true.  They were reunited.  They became lovers and adventuring companions.  They made a pilgrimage to the lair of their ancestor to ask his blessing.  It was a long and arduous journey.  They faced dangers and ordeals,  in the end, they met great Lexiphon and received—not only his blessing—but powerful gifts.  For Harmony, these included a magical spear with a dragon's tooth for it's head. 

Since then, they have joined a group dedicated to combating slavers.  Harmony began asking her sister to tie her into increasingly elaborate bindings and seeing if she could escape.  When her sister realized how aroused this elaborate bondage was making her sister, the game came to be 'escape the bonds before you cum,” with Rhapsody going to great lengths to make that...  Difficult. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Ghostwheel

Got any more room? I'd like to throw in my hat in as well, maybe make an oracle or rogue :-D

Blinkin

The Ranger (Lara) is completed and posted above. If there are any problems let me know and I'll try to work them out.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Pretty in Pink

Unfortunately as far as I know, Countdown has capped it where we're at.  But *sends PM*

Countdown0

So Blinkin, I have to ask if you are okay controlling Sam the Panther's actions,bearing in mind that as a 3 intelligence creature, he/she/it isn't going to do thing like ponder life and its meaning and such.

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

Blinkin

Yeah, I'm fine controling Sam. With a 3 INT, he is capable of learning a language, although obviously, speaking it is out, it should make giving slightly more complicated commandseasier... something like "Sit on that dwarf." ;)

But, yeah, it's not going to have intellectual concepts or social concerns. It's smarter than the average for an animal, but a 3 isn't saying very much.

Sam's purpose is as much as a tool for you as it is for me. There are always ways to work in a short sub plot involving animal companions that could be intertaining... but He's mostly to help the group overall.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Ixy

I'll be out of town until this weekend... so if you need me, look for me at the beach :D  Will be back by Sunday night.

Countdown0

Quote from: Blinkin on July 30, 2013, 02:32:46 AM
Yeah, I'm fine controling Sam. With a 3 INT, he is capable of learning a language, although obviously, speaking it is out, it should make giving slightly more complicated commandseasier... something like "Sit on that dwarf." ;)

But, yeah, it's not going to have intellectual concepts or social concerns. It's smarter than the average for an animal, but a 3 isn't saying very much.

Sam's purpose is as much as a tool for you as it is for me. There are always ways to work in a short sub plot involving animal companions that could be intertaining... but He's mostly to help the group overall.

Awesome. And yeah, 3 is considered the lowest level of "human-like" or "non-animal" intelligence. I think it could be used for a bit of comedy too, with him playing jokes on people on occasion :P

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

Blinkin

Exactly. He's meant to be an extra bit of support, some comic relief and just a fun addition to the game. In the old days (AD&D, the animal companions that I saw usually filled those roles and things that the characters needed help with. Like taking a watch (Or being the watch) among other things.

Combat wise, he's going to be marginal, really, but effect wise, he should be entertaining at the least.

So, we have 2 completed characters... and some concepts.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Countdown0

Yup, but characters can take time to create.

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

Pretty in Pink

I'm sorry!  *knows she's one of the ones without a completed character*  I'm working on it, I only have to finish spending my money.  I've just been... distracted.

Blinkin

Well tell him (or her) to stop distracting you. ;)

Not meaning to rush anyone, just making an observasion.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Pretty in Pink

Teo Torriatte

Mine is more or less done, she just needs equipment and a few incidental details.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=618853