{~*Corner Sweets*~}

Started by Spa O o fey, October 15, 2008, 12:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Priest

Damien’s gaze was focused through the window as he watched Aoi disappear down the street.  He was still watching her when there was a sudden waft of air across his face; it startled him and he turned back quickly to catch a sudden blur of movement in front of his face; he was unable to hold back a small and embarrassed yelp of surprise and then watched as the enchanted sugar dragon settled against the bowl.  He watched closely, taking in every masterful detail as it began to curl around the bowl.

He was aware of Ally as she quickly crossed to the table but his attention was clearly focused on the small creation.  “Hello?” he asked of it curiously; not really knowing if it would respond to him of not, or whether it was just after his marshmallows.  He turned to Ally as she got close.  “Amazing; it really is.”

anon

Ally paused at the table, her arms crossed. The first sign of nervousness on her body as she shifted her weight. She frowned at the dragon as it uncurled from the bowl.

The dragon approached Damien, before another burst of flame came from its mouth. Its talons scraping against the table, he took to the air again. Swirling once about Damien, he landed back on Ally's shoulder. Her frown deepened. "Really?" Her expression turned pensive as she stood for a moment in silence.

Turning to him, she smiled again. "So how did you like the hot chocolate? We make the best, you know."
Ons/Offs ~ Absences
Disclaimer (thanks Caeli xP): I am NOT a kitty...just...kitty-like.
"I never trust a sneaky pussy." - Paradox

Priest

He watched as the little creature unfurled its wings and sent a brief burst of flame in the air; he was surprised at the heat that came from it and moved back a little so as to save his eyebrows.  He tried to follow its path as it whirled overhead and then watched it alight on Ally’s shoulder; “Really; They certainly had nothing like that where I have been.” then he stopped as he tried to hold onto the briefest memory but with out success, it slipped away and his attention returned.

Damien smiled; “Its was wonderful, and I can believe that.  It has been a long while since I tasted anything..” he paused for a moment as his expression drifted into thought; “It has been a long while since I tasted anything..” he turned and smiled at her.

anon

Ally blinked at him. "Where have you been?" Curiosity was evident in her voice. "And what do you mean it has been a long time since you tasted anything? I'm pretty sure if you eat, you must have tasted something..."
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

Priest

Damien looked at her; his expression one of distance as he tried to recall any memory, no matter how obscure in order to answer her question.  Well not just her question; he had lost many hours each night asking himself the very same thing.  All it ever came back to was the effigy in his jacket and the dice in his hand. 

“That is the question.” he rolled the dice around his open palm; “I get only the vaguest memories, like someone is teasing me with the answer but always hiding it from me; I know it is far from here, very far; I also know that if I am to ever make any sense of this that I need to find where I seek.”  he smiled awkwardly; “That wasn’t very helpful was it; sorry.”  He placed the dice down, one on top of the other. 

“the funny thing is, I don’t remember eating, drinking before today; yet I know I must have of course, just as I know that I have spent the last three years trying to solve the riddles in my head.”  he placed one of the marshmallows on his tongue and closed his mouth; feeling it melt with some satisfaction. 

anon

"Nothing to be sorry about." Ally's lips quirked, lifting a finger to brush against the dragon's head. "Good things about memories, new ones can always be made." She turned her gaze back to him again. "It's a fresh start, so that your past doesn't have to dictate your future actions." She fell silent for a moment. "And sometimes it's better not remembering."

The skirt flared as she spun about again heading for the counter. "Tell me if there's anything I can help you with, Damien." She said while flashing a smile over her shoulder. The fact that the stranger seemed so lost made her feel an odd kinship with him.

She slipped behind the counter again and busied herself with rearranging the displays beneath the glass display case.
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

Duchess

Standing outside the shop watching everybody inside smiling happily, Candy Johnson was nervous as hell. Scared, not knowing what to expect this time. Getting in the other companies hasn’t been easy. But this seems like a simple shop, hope she doesn’t have to use money to get to the bakery secret. God, it smelled good she thought .I’ll go inside and get a cup of chocolate and some pastry to at least eye the business from inside.
Slowly pushes the door open and the fresh and sweet scent of the pastry brought a smile on her face.

anon

The bells in her hair jingled as Ally looked up from her current task. Brushing her fingers on the apron, she smiled a welcome to the newcomer. The dragon perched on her shoulder curled its tail, its wings stretching experimentally. "Welcome to Corner Sweets. What can I get for you?"
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

Duchess

Look at the girl greeting him even before she stepped completely in the shop. Nice welcome I have to say, she thought taking off her shades. smiling. Yes please, may I have a cup of chocolate and the pastries menu? Walking slowly behind the girl. Looking for a place to sit. Suddenly she saw the dragon on her shoulder. Eyes wide open when the tail of the animal moved. She froze in place staring with big eyes at the moving dragon

anon

"Sure." Ally chirped. "The menu's on any of the table and here," she gestured at the blackboard with the big prints in chalk." The dragon's talons dug into her skin as she moved about, pouring a ladle of hot chocolate into the ceramic mug. She brought the mug over to the girl. Studying her for a moment, she passed her hand over the mug. This time, chocolate flowers floated across the dark surface. She smiled at her. "I'm Ally, by the way. What can I get for you?"
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

Duchess

Like caught day dreaming she looked at her strangely,” oh sorry” she whispered.
Accepting the mug and took a seat. I’m Candy by the way, nice meeting you Ally.
How you did that with the flowers? Is this real or am I hallucinating? She asked looking at the mug like it had a frog in it staring right back at her?
But before she had chance to listen to Ally, Candy cell start ringing. Still shocked at the unusual event she almost dropped her cell. She was fast enough to grab the phone on her lab it was her boss wanting to be updated on what going on.” Yes, yes, sure, ok”. I will email you soon I get it” smiling ashamed looking at Ally face

anon

"What is real?" Ally shot the question back at her with a smile. "And don't answer that. The last I need is for another customer to have an existentialist crisis." She giggled. "Eva never forgive me for that last incident actually." She tilted her head, nodding at the cell phone. "Work? What's your job?"
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

Duchess

A smile cross her face at the question. Thinking relax please relax don’t want to blow this. Bringing the mug to her lips tasting the chocolate before answering .close her eyes enjoying the smooth and creamy chocolate drink. Swallows almost visible when Ally surprised her with the unexpected question. Only thing going through her mind was what do I say, my god. Keeping the mug at her lips acting like she is still drinking. Taking a deep breath looking ally straight in the face and slowly lower the mug back n the table. I’m a writer she said confident. In her mind I wasn’t lying I write. Not the same writing but its something trying to convince herself that she was telling the truth. Next time she comes she will need to come with a camera. A sly smile appears on her lips. But Ally you didn’t answer my question how did you do that and how is that dragon moving?” looking at her curious from under her eyelashes. And the tip of her finger circling the edge of the mug

anon

Ally arched an eyebrow. The slow reply set off alarms in the back of her mind. A job. A simple question that shouldn't take that long to answer. Instantly her guard was up. Instead of voicing it though, she smiled. "Not sure, this little beauty just started moving on its own." Which wasn't much of a lie. "Tell me when you decide on what you will have." She nodded at her with another grin before spinning about and headed back to the counter again.
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi walked into Corner Sweets, an odd quirky smile on her face. "Hey Ally, how are things going?" She asked, before noticing the newcomer. The way that the girl was looking at the dragon set off alarm bells and she instantly hid her faerie and kitten from view. She walked over to the counter and set them there, trying to keep them hidden from the newcomer. However, try as she might, that little smile was still on her face and she knew that she was probably smiling like an idiot.

anon

"Things are fine." Ally answered without thinking as Aoi walked in. The dragon turned its head and snapped in Aoi's direction before resuming to perching on Ally's shoulder. She shot a look at the dragon before turning to Aoi, taking in the smile. "What's got you in such a good mood?"
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

Duchess

Shoot, she almost caught me on that one .eyeing the menu she decides on asking Ally what the special for today was. Didn’t know what to chose. Besides she felt like walking on eggshells. What made this place so difficult? It felt like exposing your deepest secrets.
Standing up from the chair she moved a hair from her face and walked towards the counter.
Looking at Ally giving her a comforting smile. She asked what the special of the day was. She didn’t know what to choose and wanted to know what she recommended.
There was something weird in this place and she will uncover it. Even when it means coming here every day and getting to know every worker in this place. That chocolate was delicious, what was in it, she slowly asked .testing the ground. I’m sure it could not be just chocolate milk. I would love to recommend my coworkers to come here. Can I have one to go with? Looking at her watch. I’m in a little hurry.

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi smiled at the newcomer, "I'm Aoi, how are you? What is your name?" She shot at the girl quickly. She turned back to Ally, "Rex won't come and try anything new because he is still leery about the wasabi balls you fed him last time." She laughed, remembering his expression. "So I figured that I would pick up some chocolates to bring back to my place to convince him that something hot wouldn't hit him unexpectedly again." She giggled, he was being so childish about this, she thought.

anon

"Ah well...special today is apparently a peppered chocolate ball. I can whip up a few for you if you would like. As for the hot chocolate..." She trailed off with a wink. "Hot chocolates are never made with chocolate milk." She spun about and started preparing one to go in a paper cup.

As she capped the cup and slid it across the counter, she glanced at Aoi. "You do understand that I make all the chocolates here..." She grinned. "No wasabi, but there's no telling what I might put in my other creations."
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi chuckled, "I can't wait to see some more of your creations. They are something to taste." She tried again to coax the little dragon to her. "It seems that she" indicating the little dragon, "has quite a personality." She teased, thinking again about the enchanting figures that Ally had once created.

anon

Ally grinned. "Not everyone share your opinion." She held her hand out before the dragon again and allowed it to land on her hand. "As for this little thing...are you a male or a female?" She cocked her head and the dragon imitated her. She frowned a little. "It's odd. I've never had one that react like this before to strangers."
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi thought for a bit, "I think that your control on your magic isn't enough to keep your growing powers under control." She mused, half to herself. She was intrigued by the little dragon. Her own creations were usually well behaved but she had had more time to gain control. "How is Eva doing with her pregnancy so far along?"

anon

Ally shrugged. Truth was, her power wasn't something that she understood too well, aside from the fact that her creations tend to take after her mood at their time of "birth." "I haven't seen Eva for a bit." The absence of the pregnant woman wasn't actually all that of a bad thing for her, really. No doubt she would have received a tongue lashing for that stunt with the wasabi balls. "But no news is good news right?"
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi shrugged off the information that she had received, she could only help those who wanted it. "The wasabi ball stunt was part of a joke and no one got hurt, right?" She queried, "Besides, I'll drag Rex back here one of these days and we'll all laugh about it." She smiled encouragingly at Ally. "You are right, though, no news is good news. I hope that she is feeling well, though." She wandered over to the table where Rex's coffee cup used to sit, toying with the idea of flying him here or enticing him here.

Priest

Damien watched as she spoke and recognised the value of her statement; he had certainly felt before now that whatever the secret was that he sought, he would regret what it might unlock.  Things seemed so much more tranquil just whiling his hours away in the corner of Corner sweets.

Was he mistaken or did he see something in her eyes as she headed for the counter; likely he had got the wrong end of the stick, not for the first time.  Either way, as Ally walked away from the table and flashed a smile, he couldn’t help but return one; a smile that marked how at ease her company had made him.  He had almost forgotten about him, that weight that hung around his neck seemed a little less heavy in her presence.

His smile broadened; “T..thank you Ally.”  He watched as she gracefully slipped behind the counter; it was then another noise caught his attention.  The sound of the door opening and from his seat a little away from the window he bided his time watching with a distanced look as the newcomer was made welcome and smiling at Aoi as she returned.