Warning Message

Started by Serephino, March 06, 2015, 07:24:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Serephino

Okay, something happened to my computer that it got knocked and turned off.  Now when I turn it on I get this pop up warning.  "The AMD VISION Engine Control Center is not supported by the driver version of your enabled graphics adapter.  Please update your AMD graphics driver, or enable your AMD adapter using the Displays Manager."

My boyfriend checked the card, and it was a little loose.  He put it back.  He uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers.  None of that worked.  It's still reading the card.  I can turn it on and go on web pages and stuff just fine.  It just gets funky if I want to play a game.

Valthazar

Did he do a total clean uninstall?  Sometimes AMD leaves residual files/folders when you just uninstall the apps (Catalyst Control, Vision Center, etc.) - which may cause problems.

Serephino

He says he did a total clean uninstall. 

Thesunmaid

I switched out my video card and I used this http://www.techspot.com/drivers/driver/file/information/16748/

I did not have any problems with it but I always look for removal tools just to make sure I get all the files. I used to do internet tech support and files like to hide sometimes lol.

I hope maybe this helps.
Some mornings its just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
Current Status for posts: Caught up (holy shit) Current Status for RP:looking for a few