Nightwood Falls 3.0 (Horror, Monsters, Sandbox, Freeform, Everyone Friendly)

Started by Rel Mayer, September 05, 2016, 01:39:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheDarkGoddess

Quote from: Rel Mayer on September 09, 2016, 12:04:46 AM

Love the character image! So pretty.

Love it! We can work on getting my Knowing connected to yours as well. I imagine if she attends Nightwood University she'll be higher up when it comes to influence in the school. Also probably works closely with the Knowing Dean. Mayor's daughter is also such a fine touch!

Approved!

Yay! Thank you! This is going to be fun.  :D

Totoro

I'm not quite sure how it'll play out but I'd like a couple of knowing who are aware of my clown and willingly play parts in his games. It'd go from very clearly harming/upsetting someone to really inane/strange tasks that lead up to something. Any character that deals with him is going to get a little bit more unhinged as they interact, the more time they spend with him the closer they'd get to madness. And he's not very trustworthy so he's just as liable to have you set up a huge trap before pushing you straight into it. Should be fun if anyone's open to that.

TheVillain

My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Rel Mayer

Quote from: TheVillain on September 09, 2016, 12:22:23 AM
I hope it's not too late to toss in an idea for a monster. You did say no Sparkly-Vampires...

Name: Dr. Zacherie Beauvais

Character Type: Monster

Occupation: Professor of Astronomy at Nightwood University. Claims to be from Colorado but was actually born and raised in Revolution Era France. Surprisingly, he's actually very good at his job if most of his paperwork is fake.

Surprisingly cunning to the point of being seemingly Genre-Savvy, Dr. Beauvais maintains a main Lair and a few secret bolt-hole back-up Liars. His main Lair is a house in the suburbs that he is the rightful owner of, completely legal and acquired without the use of any sort of supernatural abilities. In a pinch he also has mini-lairs in the University Science Building, in the basement of the local Hospital, and in the attic of Nightwood Cathedral.

Physical Description: With dark hair and blue eyes, Zacherie was tall by the standards of 1700's France but he's at best of average height by modern standards. He's handsome though, when he hides his "game-face". When he truly dedicates himself to feeding his face twists into something bestial, unnatural, with long and jagged teeth.

Personality: For an Astronomy Professor, Zacherie seems surprisingly down-to-Earth. On the surface he actually seems masculine and blue-collar, with a reputation of being a bit of a handyman among his neighbors. Get past the rough edges and he seems charismatic and humorous, quick with a drink and a joke. There's only one real caveat to all this, as according to his neighbors Zacherie rarely leaves the house before dark. He says it's because his job frequently has him staying up all night anyway and his body is just used to sleeping through the day.

It takes a while to notice that he has absolutely no conscience. Some sense of professional ethics, sure. His primary choice of victims is usually people in the lives of his students that are interfering with their learning in fact. He has some sense of charm too the point of being Affable even - but very rarely does he actually feel bad about anything bad he does. He frequently takes sexual advantage of his female victims with no hint of guilt for instance. He has the cunning and almost genre-savvy enough to know that he's got to play nice until it's too late for his intended victims to do anything about it, but he's a monster at the core, he knows it, and in his own way he revels in it.

History: People believe that Dr. Beauvais is a relatively recent hire onto Nightwood University. According to his paperwork he got his PhD in Astronomy from the University of Denver 6 years ago and got a job as an Astronomy Professor the year after. He's remembered as being surprisingly down-to-Earth, surprisingly charming, and someone actually really handy with anything from a monkey wrench to a sodering iron. He's worked hard to assimilate into the community and Nightwood Falls is glad to have him.

Except it's mostly lies. Zacherie Beauvais was actually born in the 1750's in the filthy streets of the then slums of Paris. He'd actively join in the French Revolution when it came around, personally killing a few aristrocrats and clergymen in the name of La Mademoiselle France. Perhaps this was what got the attention of Belle, he knows she got his. Unknowingly signing on with her personal social experiments, Belle secretly tested him to make sure he was truly a non-believer in any sort of diety then seduced him and turned him into a Vampire like herself. Just to see what would happen.

Zacherie turned out to be surprisingly effective as a fledgling Vampire. Using his Cunning and Reason instead of Dogma - both Human and Vampire - to try to gain an edge, he learned whatever he could to gain an advantage. On more then one occasion just the mere fact of knowing exactly when Dawn was going to happen has saved his unlife and put him at an advantage over other Vampires and Vampire Hunters alike. Since then he's been learning, adapting to new times, and moving every decade or two to keep hidden in plain sight. That move to make sure to know when and where Dawn would be at any given situation eventually built into a genuine interest and career in Astronomy.

Now he's been in Nightwood Falls in time to really take advantage of the September 1st to November 1st event, when his powers open up and the rules on his behavior loosen - and he has in mind a few experiments of his own.

Quirks:

• Rigor of Death: As a member of the Undead, Dr. Beauvais is much stronger, faster, and tougher then a normal human. Most dramatically though is the fact that he doesn't age and can not permenantly die without certain conditions met. Shooting him in the head will certainly take him out of a fight but it will only "stick" if the bullet was made of silver and blessed by a particularly holy person for example.
  • The Hunter: Zacherie's Vampire senses are more sensitive then a normal human. He can see in the dark and smell blood for example.
  • Vampiric Domination: Dr. Beauvais, as an older vampire, can in theory mentally influence and hypnotize anyone he makes eye contact with. In theory. In practice most monsters and a sizable chunk of normal humans have enough Willpower to resist this ability, and using this ability visibly turns his eyes Red so he uses this ability somewhat sparingly.
  • Genre Savvy: Dr. Zacherie Beauvais is actually a fan of many forms of Vampire-related fiction and has made it a point to rely on Reason more then Dogma in his personal life. As a result he is considered surprisingly cunning as an opponent. It's pretty much impossible to trick him into staying outside after Dawn, as he makes it a point to know exactly when and where the next Dawn will be for example. Other Vampires may be older and more powerful, but he's seen this movie...
  • The Embrace: Arguably Dr. Beauvais's most dramatic supernatural feature is his ability to convert others into servants, slaves, and underlings up too and including full-fledged Vampires themselves. The results can usually be divided into three catagories, and due to Dr. Beauvais' tendency to sexually take advantage of female victims females are usually overrepresented in these groups.

• Renfields - Those of particularly weak Willpower sometimes take to Vampiric Domination deeper then others. If blood was drunken from the Renfield it wasn't enough to kill them. A Renfield is basically still alive and unchanged, but they will be particularly subservant to Dr. Beauvais for a particularly long amount of time compared to normal people. Renfields are usually created by accident.
    • Fledgelings - A new Vampire, created by someone being drained of blood enough to kill them then some bodily fluid from the Vampire being put back. If it takes a Fledgling Vampire is indistinguishable from a lifeless corpse for 3 sunsets, then they rise as a Vampire themselves if a relatively weak one. Fledgling Vampires tend to have behavior reminiscent of Drug Addicts as they get used to their Thirst. It's worth noting that not all victims he does this too will become Fledglings - most just stay very dead.
    • Brides - Mostly created by accident, a Bride's creation process is identical to that of a Fledgling. Some sort of sexual contact during the draining may be required though that is debatable. A Bride is like a Fledgling but with more Power and Self-Control. A Bride is essentially a Fledgling that somehow skipped the first hundred years or so of development. In Dr. Beauvais's case, all Brides have been female hence the name.

Flaws:

• Fire and Sunlight: - The most reliable way to kill a Vampire for good is Sunlight, especially the light of a new Dawn. If Dr. Zachery Beauvais is ever out in open Daylight, especially the light of Dawn, he will instantly burst into flames and be incinerated.
  • Home and Hearth: - Dr. Zachery Beauvais can not enter a private residence without the owner's invitation. The stronger the family bond, the stronger the magical barrier that will hold him back. Some objects from the Hearth can be used to repel him as well, depending on what they symbolize.
  • Holy Relics: - One of the most famous weaknesses of a Vampire, holy symbols and relics can be used to repel them depending on the Faith of the User and of the Vampire. Dr. Zacherie Beauvais actually holds no particular faith, so while no holy symbol is particularly painful or repellent to him they all do work a little bit.
  • The Thirst: - As any Vampire, Dr. Zachery Beauvais must periodically drink a sizable amount of fresh human blood. The exact amount he needs is unknown, but it's safe to say he usually drinks much more. Like many older Vampires, there are special additional rules he has for feeding like how some older vampires can only feed on Virgins. In Dr. Beauvais's case, he can not drink the blood of anyone that is officially one of his students.
  • The Masquerade: - On top of the normal rules for monsters, Vampires have to work to maintain the secrecy of the supernatural world. Vampires have their own set of laws that emphasize Secrecy above all else. Some of those laws are relaxed a bit from September 1st to November 1st, but they're never lifted entirely. As such Dr. Beauvais has to go the extra mile to maintain his "secret identity" and often will be required to act against his own interest or self-preservation to maintain 'The Masquerade'.

Link your O&O: My O/Os

Specify Ons: Some level of NC fitting for a horror RP.

Specify Hard Offs: Scat and Pedo, mostly.

Sexuality: Mostly Hetero. For Zacherie, his Sexuality and his Feeding habits are linked together. Sex is a potential tool he uses to get a potential victim to lower their guard, and when he feeds on a woman he frequently also takes sexual advantage of them. In truth if someone were to watch him feed on someone it would be difficult to not see some common elements between that and a sexual assault.

Content Level: Dr. Zacherie Beauvais can operate on any level up to the lighter side of a Hell rating. He is certainly capable of snuffing out other characters via vampiric blood draining. A character can also be "snuffed" by Dr. Beauvais and be "resurrected" a few days later as a new Vampire.

Death? (Y/N) Degree of Death? (Normal, Nightmare, Hell): Yes, and Hell rating. Can happen multiple times actually, given how his deaths don't "stick" without certain magical or symbolic elements being in play like Sunlight.

Face Claim?: Colin Farrell

Surprise GM Events?: Yes

Connections?: Starting with few Connections, maybe one of the normal humans is a student of his. Would build deeper connections as the game goes on, possibly as far as turning other characters into Vampires.

Love this! Excellent thought and description in the quirks and I can't wait to see him in action.

Approved! Feel free to post it in the threads listed:

Quote from: Rel Mayer on September 07, 2016, 11:32:01 PM
Character Sheet Thread

I wasn't able to get to Isabella Maven tonight, but she'll be done shortly. I included my Victim and Main Character for now! (Gary and Roxie). Both are open for connections if you'd like to plot with me!

OOC incoming shortly...

OOC Thread!

Here!

Quote from: Sun Wukong on September 09, 2016, 10:28:55 AM
I'm not quite sure how it'll play out but I'd like a couple of knowing who are aware of my clown and willingly play parts in his games. It'd go from very clearly harming/upsetting someone to really inane/strange tasks that lead up to something. Any character that deals with him is going to get a little bit more unhinged as they interact, the more time they spend with him the closer they'd get to madness. And he's not very trustworthy so he's just as liable to have you set up a huge trap before pushing you straight into it. Should be fun if anyone's open to that.

I'm sure we can work something out with the two knowing characters currently made (if that's alright with DarkGoddess). Personally, I think Isabella is a very, very old soul and vampire so I'm unsure how easily manipulated she will be by mind games.

But it would be very interesting if he can pull a stunt to fool her!

Totoro

Quote from: Rel Mayer on September 09, 2016, 07:07:49 PM
I'm sure we can work something out with the two knowing characters currently made (if that's alright with DarkGoddess). Personally, I think Isabella is a very, very old soul and vampire so I'm unsure how easily manipulated she will be by mind games.

But it would be very interesting if he can pull a stunt to fool her!

The thing with his tricks and stunts is sort of that he barely knows what he's doing himself. If you read his mind you'd just see a mass of insane scribbling. He knows he has a plot and an end goal, but he just goes along bit by bit. It's sort of helpful to him since half the time most things don't even know they're doing something he wants them to, sometimes it can even seem completely counter-productive. That and to other monsters he can often seem initially a bit harmless. He's not particularly physically threatening and he acts so manic and strange that he seems like he's drive himself insane. She might even find him pathetic. That or he'd go on trying to persuade her whatever he wants is going to work out well for her too. The only downside is whether he tricks people or not anything/everything near him will become more and more paranoid/unstable and have a lot more nightmares. I imagine Isabella being very resilient to that though so it'd be an extremely slow process.

Now I just need to come up with some plans evil and intelligent enough for him. I've created a slightly hard task here, but I'll do my best.

Lady Sakura

Horror is one of my favorite genre. I found myself heavily excited reading after about it.

My muse wants me to design a "Knowing" character. ^.^

GnothiSeauton

After I finish up some errands and get some cleaning done, i'm hoping to do up a male victim that should be fun.
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Sun Wukong on September 10, 2016, 03:11:47 AM
The thing with his tricks and stunts is sort of that he barely knows what he's doing himself. If you read his mind you'd just see a mass of insane scribbling. He knows he has a plot and an end goal, but he just goes along bit by bit. It's sort of helpful to him since half the time most things don't even know they're doing something he wants them to, sometimes it can even seem completely counter-productive. That and to other monsters he can often seem initially a bit harmless. He's not particularly physically threatening and he acts so manic and strange that he seems like he's drive himself insane. She might even find him pathetic. That or he'd go on trying to persuade her whatever he wants is going to work out well for her too. The only downside is whether he tricks people or not anything/everything near him will become more and more paranoid/unstable and have a lot more nightmares. I imagine Isabella being very resilient to that though so it'd be an extremely slow process.

Now I just need to come up with some plans evil and intelligent enough for him. I've created a slightly hard task here, but I'll do my best.

Haha! Well let me know if you need any help. I am a bit slow at responding to PMs, but I do get back to them!

Quote from: Vampire Mistress Sakura on September 10, 2016, 09:39:20 AM
Horror is one of my favorite genre. I found myself heavily excited reading after about it.

My muse wants me to design a "Knowing" character. ^.^

Would be lovely to see your Knowing character! Let me know if you need any help from me!

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on September 10, 2016, 09:59:16 AM
After I finish up some errands and get some cleaning done, i'm hoping to do up a male victim that should be fun.

Oh and how perfect he is.

I want to play this guy as a faceclaim just because his facial reaction expressions are just so good! Been watching too much Vice Principals. :X

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Rel Mayer on September 10, 2016, 01:56:52 PM

I want to play this guy as a faceclaim just because his facial reaction expressions are just so good! Been watching too much Vice Principals. :X

Yessssssss...  That really needs to happen.
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

TheDarkGoddess

Quote from: Rel Mayer on September 10, 2016, 01:56:52 PM

I LOVED him in drag in Sons of Anarchy. Great actor.

Rel Mayer

I posted Isabella. Who is the Dean of the College and the Leader of the Knowing. Considering that she may be a connection to a lot of you. I'm going to post her here!

(I also hope I caught all the changes from the previous years, but I'm sure there is at least a mistake somewhere I'll find later.)

Name: Isabella Maven Chung

Character Type: The Knowing/Monster

Occupation: Dean of Nightwood University - Leader of the Knowing Cult

Physical Description: Pictures says it all. She usually is dressed in short tight dresses with high black heels. She always has a harsh cat-eye liner with dark red plush lips. She usually greets people with smiles and wears darker colors of the rainbow, but she often wears large black hats in the daytime to shield her face from the sun. She also is obsessed with antique clothing and usually wears thick velvet dresses, and loves to layer various clothing pieces together.

Her Monster form is listed below. She has a form in-between the monster for and it's keeping the same face, but her body mostly stays the same. Her fingers took into claws, her toes do too. She starts to shriek. That sort of thing!

Monster Form

Personality: Isabella is possibly one of the more social and accepting people in the town, but also curiously mysterious. She always appears very social, charismatic, loving, and generally pleasant in the face of the town. But when she closes the door to her quarters at the University...something interesting happens. Darkness compliments the shadows of her face and her smiles grow even wider. Her sweet laughter becomes almost chilling to be bone, and she usually looks at her future victims with such excitement. Isabella is the leader of the Knowing, usually directing everything from the comfort of her University. She's forgiving to those she trusts, but she knows much. Probably because her antique bring her much knowledge from the past, and she's not always willing to share. Normal people see her as a welcoming face that sometimes has a devilish smirk in her eyes, but when people get to know her... they notice that she's obsessed with torture, especially the old ways, and nothing brings pleasure to her mind and body like watching the monsters come alive and tear everyone apart.

History:

No one knows how long Isabella has been in Nightwood Falls, but few people can't remember a time when she wasn't there. The woman may not have been the mayor, but she was a figurehead of the community. Her wealth and patronage funded many different communities and events in the city, and through the years she has given Nightwood University a positive beacon of hope to get out of the small town. Or to become influential leaders, like Isabella, to continue to grow and foster the community.

What people do not know is that Isabella has been alive for over 400 years, but only a very select few know that. She comes from the vampire race found in Pacific Asian countries. But don't be fooled. These are not your traditional vampires. Some rumors have the been that these bloodsucking vampires are disconnected at the hip. That they can grow winds and hide in trees. Wait until the most opportune moment of disrespect and then suck the life out of you. They're known for hiding in broad daylight, under the shade of a cool tree, or maybe stuck in the corner of your closet in your room. There is no way of knowing, because no one has ever survived the tale.

(Based off of Aswang)

Because of her keen ability to stay human, she fabricated the Knowing Cult after being drawn to the power of the lake in Nightwood falls. Isabella used her hypnosis in the beginning to the feeble minds. Having the humans work alongside her over the years to prepare for the grand event of the great monster awakening and the darkness falling over Nightwood falls. The Knowing don't question her. They keep her secrets in the promise that when the Lake Monster finally awakens--they will be spared and gifted wealth, riches, power, and even powers if they so desire. The few who had questions Isabella have been made as sacrifices to the Lake Monster, and Isabella's timeless beauty and apparent immortality is enough for some to believe that she's magical.

Unfortunately, those who had seen her in her monster form aren't alive to tell the tale.

Over the years people have come and go. She was married once, but no one really talks about the mysterious death of her husband. Isabella stays at her position as the figurehead and leader of the University--even if she hates the term Dean. She socializes with her crowd no matter what day of the year it is, but she always wears a large hat to cover her face and sunglasses to shield her eyes. People assume she's old fashion, and just doesn't want her pale skin to turn tan... because it would give the impression that she's poor or a farmer. She's anything but.

Currently Isabella is preparing for the Science Fair to promote STEM learning in Nightwood University. Everyone is welcome to attend the free event. Friends family. Even people out of town!

Quirks: Must have 2+ and even with the flaws. These are positive characteristics that can help your character survive. If you want to have weapons - that has to count as one of your quirk.

• Always Positive - She has an essence of optimism and happiness about her. As if nothing could ever get her down.
  • Money- She has money from the University and a great set-up as the Dean of the University
  • Hypnotis- Only works on the feeble minds. (Really only for NPC purposes)
  • The Collection- Isabella has quite the collection of old artifacts that she can use to either summon more monsters or research other dark spells.
  • Eyes of the Knowing - She has eyes everywhere, having good relations with almost all Knowing members, she can often figure out what's going on in the town/
  • Vampire... duh! - Isabella is a particular type of vampire, but she's very self conscious about her vampire form and doesn't go in it often.

Flaws: Must have 2+. These are negative characteristics which could lead to harm for your character.

• Shade- Sunlight doesn't mark her sizzle, but it weakens her powers. She stays shaded at all times in the sun.
  • Not Physically Strong- This woman doesn't have much meat on her and she doesn't have a lot of strength. In a combat situations he would completely be useless.
  • Addicted to Pain- She loves feeling pain. She loves being tortured and it can cause her a bit of a problem when it comes to her life being on the line.
  • Love- She's a romantic by heart and loves deeply, but it can also blind her from what her true goal is.
  • Wary of leaving - She doesn't like to leave the University, and usually relies on other people to do her bidding for her

List your O&O: Rel Mayer's O&Os

Specify Ons: Everything. Special influence on cannibalism, torture, blood play, enjoys pain, gore, and vore when she dies.

Specify Hard Offs: Open - With the exception of anything sexual having to do with worms or maggots.

Sexuality: Bisexual.

Content Level: Hell

Death?: Automatic Yes

Face Claim?:Ni Ni

Surprise GM Events?: Yes, please!

Connections: Open to ideas! Professors, Students, A Henchmen/woman or two.

Ryven

King Serperior

Quote from: Ryven on September 11, 2016, 03:32:30 PM
O_O

Can I make a monster?
I don't see why not!

I have literally dozens of monster ideas, so if a predatory conflict that allows a human to escape were to happen, I wouldn't say no.....though my current monster is quite large.  >.>

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Ryven

Quote from: King Serperior on September 11, 2016, 03:34:25 PM
I don't see why not!

I have literally dozens of monster ideas, so if a predatory conflict that allows a human to escape were to happen, I wouldn't say no.....though my current monster is quite large.  >.>

I was thinking of some weird Lovecraftian variation of Slenderman.

King Serperior

I've been told that my Stilt Stalker is rather Lovecraftian.  Perhaps your monster and mine came from the same plain/world/realm?

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Ryven

Quote from: King Serperior on September 11, 2016, 03:40:51 PM
I've been told that my Stilt Stalker is rather Lovecraftian.  Perhaps your monster and mine came from the same plain/world/realm?

Possibly.  My monster's origin is rather mysterious, but some say he was summoned here and has been stalking in the shadows ever since.

Rel Mayer

FarFetched

I was actually really tempted to keep Borgia's origins in the dark to increase the suspense of having him gnash his teeth at people. That feeling of the unknown always makes things scarier. If I get a chance to make a second monster, I'll probably see if I could make one like that for funsies~!

Ryven

Quote from: Rel Mayer on September 11, 2016, 03:56:27 PM
Ry joinnnnn ussssss.

I'm writing up my monster right now.

Quote from: FarFetched on September 11, 2016, 04:12:21 PM
I was actually really tempted to keep Borgia's origins in the dark to increase the suspense of having him gnash his teeth at people. That feeling of the unknown always makes things scarier. If I get a chance to make a second monster, I'll probably see if I could make one like that for funsies~!

I am doing that with my guy.  The unknown is extremely creepy to me.

Ryven

Name:  The Pale Man

Occupation: The Pale Man does not necessarily call the forest his lair, but it seems to be where most of his sightings have occurred.  He has been known to appear in other places, however.  In some accounts, he has been described as having long black tentacles which sprout from seemingly nowhere.

Physical Description: The Pale Man presents himself as an unnaturally tall human with a pale featureless face and head.

Personality: The Pale Man is mostly a passive aggressive creature.  He can spend months or years stalking his target or targets from afar.  He prefers a slow and calculated descent into madness rather than a hands-on approach.  It is said, however, that some victims have been found impaled on tree limbs with their entrails and organs ripped out of their body.

Some victims are still alive though permanently changed due to psychological trauma.  They say that being in his very proximity triggers episodes of paranoia and fear, delusions, nightmares, and nosebleeds.  His targets seem to be the young and curious, finding that those who have a need to learn about the occult and the forbidden are the ones who he stalks the most.  Victims tended to leave a trail of research, and in one way or another, his presence seemed to be noted at least once with all of them.

History: His origins are mostly unknown as anyone brave enough to research him has died, gone insane, or gone missing.  (I would like to reveal bits and pieces of his origin to those willing to research him and therefore draw his attention).

Quirks:

• The Pale Sickness: anyone he is targeting will begin to display symptoms of irrational fear, paranoia, delusions, nightmares, headache, and nosebleeds.  The symptoms start out barely noticeable, but the longer he stalks them, the more intense these symptoms grow.
  • Teleportation: he can move from one location to another in the blink of an eye without physically moving.
  • Selective Invisibility: he can choose who can see him and who cannot.  Generally, he chooses his targets to see him and any others do not.
  • Tentacles Appendages: he can transform his arms into tentacles as well as sprout additional tentacles from his back and shoulders with seemingly endless length.

Flaws:

• Daylight: Will not appear in open daylight.  If he appears during the day, it is usually in shade, and only when his target is well on their way to succumbing to the sickness.  Similarly, extremely bright lights will ward him off.
  • Video Capture: his image can be captured just as any other normal person regardless of his invisibility ability.
  • Electronic Interference: his presences causes electronics to flicker and sometimes reset.  By virtue of this, it is easy to know when he is near or is coming.
  • Eldritch Origins: the same magic that exists that assisted in his entry into this world can also be used to ward him off or even banish him, that is if there are those brave enough to research it.  It is said that using said magic is enough to drive the person insane.
Link your O&O: O/Os

Specify Ons: The Pale Man is not here for sex.  He is here to cull the herd.

Specify Hard Offs: See above.  The Pale Man is not here for sex.

Sexuality: Same as above.

Death? (Y/N) Degree of Death? (Normal, Nightmare, Hell): Yes, in a way.  He can be banished, but a technical death is not possible for him.  Hell.

Face Claim?: N/A

Connections?: I'm wanting a good chase, some dramatic thrilling suspense, possibly a few disappearances or murders, and ultimately, I don't mind if he's banished or defeated in the end.

Might polish it up more a bit later, but this is what I'm looking at right now.

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Ryven on September 11, 2016, 04:48:03 PM
Name:  The Pale Man

Occupation: The Pale Man does not necessarily call the forest his lair, but it seems to be where most of his sightings have occurred.  He has been known to appear in other places, however.  In some accounts, he has been described as having long black tentacles which sprout from seemingly nowhere.

Physical Description: The Pale Man presents himself as an unnaturally tall human with a pale featureless face and head.

Personality: The Pale Man is mostly a passive aggressive creature.  He can spend months or years stalking his target or targets from afar.  He prefers a slow and calculated descent into madness rather than a hands-on approach.  It is said, however, that some victims have been found impaled on tree limbs with their entrails and organs ripped out of their body.

Some victims are still alive though permanently changed due to psychological trauma.  They say that being in his very proximity triggers episodes of paranoia and fear, delusions, nightmares, and nosebleeds.  His targets seem to be the young and curious, finding that those who have a need to learn about the occult and the forbidden are the ones who he stalks the most.  Victims tended to leave a trail of research, and in one way or another, his presence seemed to be noted at least once with all of them.

History: His origins are mostly unknown as anyone brave enough to research him has died, gone insane, or gone missing.  (I would like to reveal bits and pieces of his origin to those willing to research him and therefore draw his attention).

Quirks:

• The Pale Sickness: anyone he is targeting will begin to display symptoms of irrational fear, paranoia, delusions, nightmares, headache, and nosebleeds.  The symptoms start out barely noticeable, but the longer he stalks them, the more intense these symptoms grow.
  • Teleportation: he can move from one location to another in the blink of an eye without physically moving.
  • Selective Invisibility: he can choose who can see him and who cannot.  Generally, he chooses his targets to see him and any others do not.
  • Tentacles Appendages: he can transform his arms into tentacles as well as sprout additional tentacles from his back and shoulders with seemingly endless length.

Flaws:

• Daylight: Will not appear in open daylight.  If he appears during the day, it is usually in shade, and only when his target is well on their way to succumbing to the sickness.  Similarly, extremely bright lights will ward him off.
  • Video Capture: his image can be captured just as any other normal person regardless of his invisibility ability.
  • Electronic Interference: his presences causes electronics to flicker and sometimes reset.  By virtue of this, it is easy to know when he is near or is coming.
  • Eldritch Origins: the same magic that exists that assisted in his entry into this world can also be used to ward him off or even banish him, that is if there are those brave enough to research it.  It is said that using said magic is enough to drive the person insane.
Link your O&O: O/Os

Specify Ons: The Pale Man is not here for sex.  He is here to cull the herd.

Specify Hard Offs: See above.  The Pale Man is not here for sex.

Sexuality: Same as above.

Death? (Y/N) Degree of Death? (Normal, Nightmare, Hell): Yes, in a way.  He can be banished, but a technical death is not possible for him.  Hell.

Face Claim?: N/A

Connections?: I'm wanting a good chase, some dramatic thrilling suspense, possibly a few disappearances or murders, and ultimately, I don't mind if he's banished or defeated in the end.

Might polish it up more a bit later, but this is what I'm looking at right now.

Love it! Totally approved. I've always felt like this game could use a Slenderman!

Totoro

I'm going to feel really bad for anyone who gets unlucky enough to have both psychological stalkers after them at once. 'IT' and the Slenderman at once just seems unfair.

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Rel Mayer on September 07, 2016, 11:32:01 PM
Character Sheet Thread

I wasn't able to get to Isabella Maven tonight, but she'll be done shortly. I included my Victim and Main Character for now! (Gary and Roxie). Both are open for connections if you'd like to plot with me!

OOC incoming shortly...

OOC Thread!

Here are the threads, Ry.

I'll get to updating the first posts with links later today when I am at my computer!

Ryven

Quote from: Sun Wukong on September 11, 2016, 05:32:21 PM
I'm going to feel really bad for anyone who gets unlucky enough to have both psychological stalkers after them at once. 'IT' and the Slenderman at once just seems unfair.

We should make this happen.

sweets

If ya'll are still looking I am thinking about throwing out a female victim and a Gorgon like monster.