Hoard of the Dragon Queen [D&D Next, All welcome]

Started by AndyZ, December 29, 2014, 12:04:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faeli

Character Draft:  Kari Medley

Culture shock exists for just about everyone, but affected Kari more than most people.  The entire concept of houses, privacy, off-limits areas, and even personal belongings is simply a concept that simply never occured to her.  Needless to say, this combination caused the various merchants, guards, and other law-abiding members of the various cities she visited to not exactly treat her the most lightly or sympathetically.

Kari spent a goodly portion of her younger years in and out of prisons, stocks, dungeons, and work-camps, and very slowly got used to the idea that people seemed to have an inordinate amount of concern over objects and items.  She has recently decided that she doesn't particularly like the so-called discipline she keeps finding herself on the wrong side of and has therefore decided to try and take up treasure-hunting... which is a super-nice way of saying grave robbing.  After all, corpses don't typically chain you to a wall and do nasty things to you!

AndyZ

Although most elves don't have an issue with private property, I have little issue with you coming from one that doesn't and having to learn about it the hard way ^_^

Feel free to add her to Group A to finish up, and don't forget a trinket

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=220586.0
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Rook Seidhr

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Faeli

Quote from: AndyZ on January 13, 2015, 03:03:39 PM
Although most elves don't have an issue with private property, I have little issue with you coming from one that doesn't and having to learn about it the hard way ^_^

She's a wood elf, so I imagine she's a bit worse about the whole personal stuff concept :)

AndyZ

Lost another player in A.  Who else is interested?

eternaldarkness

Quote from: AndyZ on January 20, 2015, 08:18:22 PM
Lost another player in A.  Who else is interested?

As stated, i'd be happy to double up if noone else wants it.

ShadowFox89

I would join, but.... I already ran most of this adventure myself for my RL group.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

chaospaladin

AndyZ

Sure ^_^ Last I heard, Group A is looking for a wizard, though you could go sorcerer if you prefer.

chaospaladin

Not usually a caster but I think I could swing that.

AndyZ

Well, if you really want, I can try to see if someone would be willing to swap, but if you think you're up for it, I say go for it ^_^

chaospaladin

chaospaladin

So what do I need to know? First level, point buy?

AndyZ

Quote from: AndyZ on December 29, 2014, 05:16:40 PM
Thought for sure I'd put it but I guess I didn't.  The setting is Forgotten Realms.

For those interested but who don't have the books, you can get a free and legal basic set of the rules here: http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/basicrules?x=dnd/basicrules  It has human, elf, dwarf, halfling, fighter, cleric, rogue and wizard.

I currently count eight interested people, so we'll set up as two different groups.  For my own sanity, they'll be marked A and B, and people can decide who they want to team up with.  I believe I'll be able to keep the two reasonably straight.  For obvious reasons, it'd be best if people in different games didn't read up on or discuss the other game.

So, here's what I'm looking at right now:

30 point buy.  Why?  Because I can.

I'm looking for team players.  We've all been in games where the rogue stumbles across a holy avenger and decides to sell it rather than give it to the paladin.  Those games invariably end up in a TPK because the party's just not strong enough to handle what's coming next.  Friendly rivalry (like Gimli and Legolas) is totally cool though.

This is a very small alteration, but if you take the Great Weapon Fighting Talent, two-dice damage weapons like greatswords and mauls only get rerolled on a natural 1, instead of a natural 1 or 2.  Weapons like Greataxes with only one die reroll on a natural 1 or 2 as normal.

If people want to roll dice for hit points upon levelling up, I'll let them reroll natural 1s.

I just had a request for Background tweaking.  If you want to keep a Background more or less how it is but just change one or two things (like drop proficiency in vehicles but pick up the flute) then by all means.  Just put an asterisk at the Background name so I can pick that up while reading through and mark the changes.  If you want a completely customized Background, it'd be best to discuss it with me first.

Finally, this module has an optional milestone leveling system that I'll be using.  Instead of handing out experience, I'll just hand out a level at the end of most of the chapters.

I think that answers most questions.  If we get more people interested, I'll start keeping a waiting list and draw people in as others drop out.

chaospaladin

alright. Would you like character sheets on myth weaver?

AndyZ

chaospaladin