Last Stand of the Monstergirl Tribes (Legend system)

Started by Sethala, March 29, 2013, 01:28:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowFox89

Not sure what you mean there. Would probably depend on how common golem girls are in the setting.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Sethala

Golem girls are probably pretty rare, but don't serve any specific purpose that can't be handled by other monstergirls, so they aren't as valued as monsterboys are.

And I already had a decent idea for how you two fit in, just needed to know from Kippers and anyone else that submits a sheet.

ShadowFox89

Well, Celia doesn't get tired and doesn't age. So she makes a much better guard than a regular monstergirl would.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Sethala

Yeah, but other monstergirls can be guards too, if not as effective.  (By comparison, other monstergirls can't make monstergirl babies like a monsterboy could.)

Teo Torriatte

Hey there... I'll be back in the morning to work on a sheet... still thinking of playing a slime girl.

Kippers

Well, Louis was part of an isolated, but prosperous tribe that was based on some obscure coast and practiced both piracy (exclusively against humans) and trade of rare and valuable goods. Their population was mostly wererats and a minority of water-based monsters, their mixture producing a motley breed dubbed "sea rats". Two generations back, they suffered very heavy losses from King Reginald's campaign and they never fully recovered, losing members, human allies, and trading partners. They still did well enough to sustain themselves above complete extinction by becoming more vicious and uncivil with their raids, but it was far from the idyllic times before. The biggest threat of collapse would be from a new human alliance, as that would lead to a more organized military presence on the ocean and make it more dangerous to attack merchant ships or even be on the sea at all.

Louis didn't engage in the pirate lifestyle like her parents, finding it full of oppression and work and other people who made her mad, and instead sought a relatively quiet existence as an independent woodland bandit with a primitive home on a lake, visiting her relatives every now and then. When she finds out about the possible human alliance, however, she'd sign herself up on behalf of her clan and herself both so that they may rob in peace and due to the basic prejudice against humans taught to her in her youth. She'd probably ask around and follow rumors until she found the rest of the party and join under the premise of accomplishing the mission and going back to being on her own.

Sethala

Looks good Kippers.  I think I'll give Luna, Antipaladin, and Monfang a day or two to finish up character sheets and get things ready.  Though I was planning on capping out at 5 players, so it'll probably be up to whoever gets their sheets in first, if all three make a character.

That means I should be starting up an IC thread... Saturday, probably?  Maybe Friday.  If anyone's not quite done I can bring them in after we start easy enough.

Muse

:)  hey guys.  Strom dragon girl coming as soon as I wake up. 

I need to thank Shadow for helping me figure her out! 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Sethala

Ah, didn't realize you were still here, Muse.

Can't wait to see your character :)

Muse

*smiles* 

I was having trouble with the system.  Shadow was a big help. 

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Teo Torriatte

I think I'm gonna withdraw my interest... I know nothing about the system and I'm sure that by the time I can get some help, the game will be full anyway.

Sethala

That's too bad, Luna.  I do recommend learning the system anyway though, as it's pretty simple and the basic rules are mostly the same as D&D, just with a lot of tweaks to abilities and such; depending on how this goes I might start up another Legend system game at some point (and I'll try to remember to PM you if I do).

If you change your mind though, you can PM me or Shadow, or add me on YIM, and we'll be perfectly willing to help you out.

Teo Torriatte

I might have been a little too hasty in just giving up. I sent you a PM.

ShadowFox89

Just woke up. If you're still about Luna, I can walk you through the ins and outs of the system.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Teo Torriatte

Sapphire is an explorer by trade, using her inquisitive nature and viscous properties to slink around the various ruins that dot the land, even foraying into the Eastern kingdoms when she is feeling more daring. When she gets into trouble, she is just as likely to try and talk or seduce her way out of it, as she is to resort to violence, although she will fight if she sees no other way. While she would have preferred to stick to her fairly simple existence and stay out of the conflict between the Eastern peoples and her own, the rumors she has gathered during her various trips into their lands has disturbed her greatly, and she has finally come to conclusion that she should probably do something about it.

Name: Sapphire
Class: Rogue-4

Race: Slime girl
-2 Str, +2 Dex, +2 Cha
+1 ref save, +1 AC

HP: 55
Damage Reduction: 1

Speed: 35

Strength    10
Dexterity    20
Constitution    14   
Intelligence    10
Wisdom       10
Charisma    16

Armor Class: 19
Awareness: 14
Saves: Fort +6, Ref +10, Will +5
Resistance and Immunity:
Base Attack Bonus: +4

Class Features:
Track 1 Abilities(Esoterica Radica): Playing it Right, When to Hold
Track 2 Abilities(Assassin): Sneak Attack, Slayer's Sense
Track 3 Abilities(Fortune's Friend): A Little to the Left
Track 4 Abilities(Water Elemental): Agile Sea, Hungry Ocean

Feats: Cheerful Hemoglobin, Exit-Stage Left, The Sun Grows Dim

Skills: Acrobatics(Dex), Larceny(Dex), Stealth(Dex), Vigor(Con), Bluff(Cha), Diplomacy(Cha)

Items:
Weapons: As she needs them (via The Sun Grows Dim)
Armor: Thin membrane(light armor)
Expendables:

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Teo Torriatte

Thank you! She is pretty much done now, except for some background info and such, which I will come back and work on after I have gotten some sleep.

Muse

Name:         Wintersong
Class:          Dragon
Race:          Storm Dragon

HP:          64
Damage Reduction:    1

Speed:       40

(1)Strength       18   +4   Key Offense Ability
(4)Dexterity      12   +1
(3)Constitution   16   +3
(-)Intelligence      14   +2
(-)Wisdom      10   +0
(2)Charisma      18   +4   Key Defense Ability

Armor Class:
Awareness:
Saves: (s)Fort +5, (f)Ref +6, (f)Will +8
Resistance and Immunity:
--Cold (Lesser Resistance)
--Fear (Immunity)
Base Attack Bonus: +4

Class Features:
Track 1 Abilities:  Elementalist: Cold
Elemental Burst

At will, you can summon a burst of energy targeting a single 5 ft square within [Close] range. It does 1d6 elemental damage per level you possess, plus the mental ability modifier that you use to calculate DCs for this track, and allows a save for half damage. The save required is Reflex if you channel [Electricity] or [Fire], or Fortitude if you channel [Acid] or [Cold].

Elemental Resistance:

You gain [Lesser resistance] to your chosen element. When you gain your 4th circle of Elementalist, this improves to [Resistance], and at 6th circle, you gain [Immunity] to your chosen element. This ability is passive, not activated.

Track 2 Abilities:  Way of the Crane
Fast Movement:

You gain a 10 ft bonus to your movement speed. You gain an additional, cumulative 10 ft bonus to your movement speed every time you gain a new circle in this discipline (to a maximum of a 70 ft bonus at 7th circle).

Track 3 Abilities:  Way of the Dragon
Stance of the Falling Star:

When knocked down, you are quick to get up for another exchange of punches and kicks. When [Prone], you can stand up as a swift action instead of a move action.

Obsidian Mind:

Monks learn to protect their minds from the clouds of fear. You gain [Immunity] to [Fear] effects, including the combat use (but not the social use) of the Intimidate skill.

Traci 4 Abilities:  Dragon: 
Agility:

You gain the Wings Of War feat even though you would not otherwise qualify. You also have the following natural attack:
Dragon Claws – Melee, range [Melee], [Brutal 3].

Vitality:

Your maximum HP is increased by one point per character level for each circle of the Dragon track you possess, to a maximum of +140 HP at 20th level.

Feats:
Shadow Blink [Combat

You can move from one place to another disturbingly quickly.
Benefit: As a swift action, you can add the [Teleport] de¬scriptor to your movements until the beginning of your next turn. You do not provoke attacks of opportunity by moving, except from opponents who threaten your square at the beginning of movement. You cannot use the Acrobatics skill to avoid those attacks of opportunity.

Open Lesser Binding

Benefit: You can equip an additional lesser magic item.

Summon Mote

A tiny companion assists you in your adventures.
Prerequisites: No spellcasting tracks. 
Benefit: You are followed at all times by a tiny, cheerful, malevolent spirit of your own devising. Treat it as a [Tiny] [Flying] creature with 15 HP, one spoken language, and no offensive capabilities. It has an intelligence of 14, and no other relevant stats. It can carry a small object of less than 5 pounds but cannot use any object as a weapon. Further, any object it drops floats to the ground at a moderate pace. It flies at a speed of 40 ft, but can travel no more than 80 ft from you. The Mote uses your perception skill, but has no other skills. If your Mote is destroyed, it reforms at the end of the [Encounter] or in ten [Rounds], whichever is shorter.
At 4th level, you may siphon its HP to heal yourself as an immediate action, and your Mote gains [Darkvision] out to 30 ft. At 8th level, its HP rises to 30, and it gains the ability to take your place for the purposes of a targeted spell once per [Encounter], taking the damage itself. You may use this ability after you know if the attack hits. It also gains [Blindsight] out to 10 ft. At 12th level, its HP rises to 45 and it can pass through small solid objects or walls. At 16th, you may have two motes active at a given time and the range of your motes becomes unlimited.

Wings of War

A pair of wings, of any appearance you desire, grow out of your back.
Prerequisites: 9th level
Benefit: You grow a set of wings. You gain a fly speed equal to your normal land speed. While the process of gaining wings or having them implanted is likely supernatural, the ability to fly is extraordinary. 

Skills:
--Acrobatics   4 +1   =d20+5
--Arcana   4 +3   =d20+7
--Athletics   4 +4   =d20+8
--Diplomacy   4 +4   =d20+8
--Percpetion   4+0   =d20+4

Items:
Cloak of the Endless Journey

Description: To all appearances this cloak is a plain, if well kept, travelers cloak that is just the right fit for you.
Benefit: A Cloak of the Endless Journey is a boon to any¬one traveling anywhere. A Cloak of the Endless Journey has several useful functions. By reaching into one of the two internal pockets, the user of the cloak can withdraw a fruit. A single cloak can produce up to 5 such fruits per [Scene]. The other pocket can produce a clay jug filled with either clear, cool water, or warm or cold tea. The cloak can pro¬duce 2 such jugs per [Scene] and each jug contains enough liquid for 4 drinks. The cloak can also be transformed with a word into a sturdy, weatherproof tent that appears large enough for a single person, but is actually quite spacious inside and can accommodate up to 4 people comfortably and the pockets remain accessible.

Weapon:
Armor:
Expendables:

Attacks:
--Dragon Claws Melee, (brutal 3)

Sethala

Looks good Muse, though there's a few things about natural weapons that they don't explicitly spell out in the books (but are definitely intended and part of how they balance natural weapons):

First, you can always attack with a natural weapon, even if you have another weapon equipped, and a natural weapon can never be disarmed.  That doesn't seem like much at first, but note that several weapon properties (such as Guardian, Deft, or Reach) don't actually require attacking with the equipped weapon to do something.  So you could have a weapon with several properties that don't require attacking with the weapon, and use your claw natural weapon for its heavy damage.

Also, yes, you can have a magic natural weapon.

Sethala

OOC thread is up: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=170382.0

I'd like to ask everyone to put their character sheet in the thread, and hold off on any OOC chatter until everyone's pasted their sheets.

Sethala

And, IC thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=170435.0

kckolbe, I plan on Lady Cilen being one of the people in charge of taking care of Torrek.

Shadow, up to you how you want to come in, but Lady Cilen could also be your current "owner" if you want.

Kimera

Kippers

Dude, your avatar is cute. I want to pinch its cheeks.

kckolbe

So if Torrek is Cilen's ward of sorts, that means I would already be there, right?  Anything he would know about her?  Also, what type of starting relationship would you want between them?
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A