Mafia Game: Battle for Little Italy (Stalemate; a Truce is called!)

Started by Remiel, June 17, 2010, 08:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autumn52

Xandi walked into the Salty Seaman outraged by the events of the previous evening. She was so upset that when some idiot got in her way as she walked to the bar she punched him in the gut and pushed him out of the way.

As she approached her Don and 13 she knew what the plan of action would be, hit back hard and fast and she couldn't agree more. Those bastards had taken out 2 of their own and now they would bleed.

She nodded to the barman and ordered a Sasparilla. Next she looked at Don Beguile and said, "I tell you who has been beggin to take a long walk off a short pier is that Imogen. She is one of Miths favorites and this time we gotta hit that damn Cannolis family where it hurts.
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

Galanthor

Galanthor opened the newspaper and smiled. Two gone... Shamefully at the loose of Moire...

"well, guess we'll have to take another of there lives in order to show them we're serious. Well let's see...how about Rolin? Think he's the type guy needed for an assessin."

Galanthor closed the papers again. They need to get their assasins out...after the capo's death they are the only thing that gives them an advantage...bodyguards and the rest can wait

Mithlomwen

Don Mithlomwen listened to Galanthor and shook her head slowly.  "I don't know, Rolin just doesn't seem the type to take someone out like that you know?  My money is on Xandi."
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Valerian

Val seethed quietly as she arrived, her pale face made even more pale by the dark suit and skirt she wore as a sign of respect to their fallen comrades.  This was a blow -- it made them look weak -- but if they could keep their cool, it might also make the hated Cannolis underestimate them.  The Linguines should never be underestimated.

"My vote is for Galanthor," she said, quietly but firmly.  "He's always way too pleased with himself about something.  But as long as we take one of them out, I don't really care which one."  She waved for a martini, which the bartender brought hastily, and downed half of it in one swallow.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Aiden

Aiden walked into the Don's office with an emotionless mask across his face, his leather gloves reached into a coat pocket and pulled out a file. Pictures of Esoteric Myobi, running around on their turf and getting into their business. He wanted her dead, fast!

Imogen

Imogen arrived in a cloud of cigar smoke and Chanel no. 5. Eyes narrowed at the scattered evidence on Don Mithlomwen's desk. "She's bad seed, that one, but I think we wanna measure Xandi a cement jacket first. Word on the street says she's sucking the other end of a spaghetti straw with Don Beguile's."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

DudelRok

What? A rat... a traitor? This couldn't be, one of his family members was being a sneaky little so-and-so, giving info to the other boss? No, Dudel misheard. What did he hear? Oh, Xandi was.. that wasn't one of his family so lets let it go. Sweating bullets, last night felt so close to death it was frightening!

The guy had been rather jumpy since this last night, words came from somewhere that his head was close to the proverbial chopping block the and such a thing did tend to make even the strongest of men a bit antsy. Of course, Mommy's Little Boy would be a bit jumpier than even that. "What!?" He jumped at some sounds here and there, looking at those around him rather nervously... there was no sounds. The entire night he practically hid in this place... waiting for his Don's protection. God one night and he was already shitting bricks. "Xandi... yeah, that or thirteen.. no Xandi." His mind made up as he nodded to the Don then sat nervously in his chair.

I AM THE RETURN!

DudelWiki | On/Off Thread | A/A Thread

Cassiopeia

Cassiopeia was in a less calm state than normal, still reeling over the loss of a member of the family.  Ordinarily she seemed sedate and quiet until someone fucked with a member of the family!  She paced back and fourth, seething deep within her own mind.  There was a long list of Linguines she wanted taken out and if it had been within her capabilities they would have all been fish bait by morning.  But their Don was wise, strategic.  They would pick them off one by one and paint little Italy with their blood ...

She raked a polished hand through her golden waves and looked over at the other gathered members of the family.  "I want Xandi dead!  That putana has been tellin' people my hair color ain't natural!" she growled, her coarser accent slipping through as it had a habit of doing when she was in a rage.  It mattered little that the Cannolis had taken out two Linguines already, she wanted them all fineto and painfully if possible.

Tharic

The blow struck the man with such force he was knocked over the front of his car. The second man merely stood there, his head bowed meekly. "I told you, we don't know how they knew." The bat swung yet another time, striking the man in the stomach. As he bent over, a knee raised up, splitting his lip open and showering a spray of blood in the air. The man gasped for air, attempting to rest against the car when the bat swung yet again, splitting his skull open and knocking him down in a pool of his own blood.

Rolinzio breathed deeply, wiping the bat off against the back of the fallen street thug. He stood there in the back alleyway for a moment, pondering what could have gone so wrong in the last few days. "Youz fargin iceholes think youz not gonna give da Linguine family what wez demands? You fargin iceholes I cant'z believes dis!" In a rage, Rolinzo drove back to the Salty Seaman and threw open the doors. "You fargin sneaky bastage. I'm gonna take your dwork. I'm gonna nail it to the wall. I'm gonna crush your boils in a meat grinder. I'm gonna cut off your arms. I'm gonna shove 'em up your icehole. Dirty son-a-ma-batches. My own club!  Aiden you fargin bastage youz is goin down!"

Remiel

Both families had committed crimes against the other, and both families would pay the price.  Blood begat blood, violence begat retribution.  This time it would be Aiden and Xandi whose hours were numbered.  Without their Capos to protect them, they were almost certainly living on borrowed time.

Consiglieres, please PM me with the targets of your investigations.  I also need to hear from the Linguine Assassin and the Cannoli Bodyguard.

Cannoli Family                                          Linguine Family
Don Mithlomwen                                          Don Beguile's Mistress
Aiden                                          Esoteric Myobi
Cassiopeia                                          Rolin
Dudelrok                                          thirteenhearts
Galanthor                                          Valerian
Imogen                                          Xandi
Ramster                                          Lord Mayerling (Capo)
Moirae (Capo)                                          Absinthe Tori (Associate)

Ramster

Ramster thumped his fist on the table at the mention of Xandi. "I agree, that sneaky lowlife Xandi has been interfering with my weasel dust racket down in Little Dominica for far too long. Measure her for a concrete overcoat!" He took out a cigarette, agitatedly tapped it on the back of his hand and asked Imogen for a light, then smoked angrily, adding to the thick blue cloud hanging over the table.
Leave not a piss untaken, nor a Michael unappropriated.
A/As!!!
Knight of the Order of the Pizza

Nulla gratuitas sine anchoa

Remiel

The sun set a second time over the blood-stained streets of Little Italy, and if the dark clouds rolling in were any kind of omen, this night was to be even worse than the last.  Thunder rolled, lightning flashed, and soon the first raindrops spattered against the dust, the grime, and the decay of the city streets.  The drizzle turned into a downpour, as if the heavens themselves were mourning the carnage that was to come...

Aiden was in his workshop, cleaning his high-powered rifle, when there came a knock on the workshop door.  Tensing, he quietly put down his polishing cloth, picked up his silenced .22 pistol, and carefully eased the door open.  There was nothing there, but the susurration of the wind and the rain.  Nervously, the Cannoli Assassin glanced into the shadows, but he did not see the garrote as it was slipped around his neck from behind and pulled tight...

At the same time, across town, Xandi, the Linguine Assassin, was returning from a successful job with a certain sense of satisfaction.  Her mission was complete; her shot had been taken.  Of course, what she did not know was that the car bomb underneath her seat was rigged to blow the moment the ignition shut off.  Parking her car in her driveway, she had only a fraction of a second to realize something was wrong before both car and driver were ripped apart by the fiery blast.   It was only later that the authorities would also discover the charred and very dead body of Imogen, the Cannoli Underboss, in Xandi's trunk.

And there was still one more person who would not live to see the sunrise.  In the morning, the Cannolis found the body of Rolin, the Linguine Underboss, dumped at the front door of their base of operations.  From the look of things, he had been tortured and shot in the back of the head, execution-style.  A note pinned to his lapel said, "this is what we do to filthy Cannoli Rats around here.  Signed, the Linguine Consigliere."

Once again, since the Capos are both dead, voting will commence.  The round will end 11:59pm, Monday 19 July.

Cassiopeia                                          Esoteric Myobi
Galanthor                                          Valerian
Ramster                                          Xandi (Assassin)
Imogen (Underboss)                                          Lord Mayerling (Capo)
Aiden (Assassin)                                          Absinthe Tori (Associate)
Moirae (Capo)                                         
Rolin (Rat, Linguine Underboss)                                         

thirteenhearts

Shaking her head in disgust, Thirteen lit a cigarette taking a long drag.

Rolin? That dirty rat was probably feeding information to the Cannoli's the whole time!  That bastard got what he deserved.

She watched the smoke rise into various shapes contemplating what the Family's next move should be while her blood boiled with rage.  From her downtown apartment Thirteen called the Don on her black rotary phone.  Her words were cautious, as you never knew if the fuzz had tapped the lines. 

"Cassiopeia has a date tomorrow night."  She told the Don.  After hanging up the phone, Thirteen paced around her apartment for a few minutes before opening a hidden safe that was behind a mirror in the living room.  She took out a .45 and two magazines then laid them on the coffee table and lit another cigarette.

Valerian

Today, Val tossed back her martini with a certain grim satisfaction as she contemplated recent events.  True, they'd lost another two members of the Family, but so had the Cannolis -- and really, the Linguines had only lost one person.  That filthy rat Rolin didn't count, and it was a relief to know that the consigliere's revenge was so swift.  No wonder the Cannolis had gotten off to such a good start, bribing their underboss.  Well, now they'd just have to make do without their snitch.

She sent a note around to the Don, expressing both sympathy for the loss of the loyal Xandi, and sincere relief at knowing that all the remaining members of the Family were also loyal.  Below these sentiments was just one word: "Galanthor."  He was still too pleased with himself.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

DudelRok

"thirteenhearts, thirteenhearts, thirteenhearts," Dudel shouted like a spoiled child as he pounded and pounded on the table he was apparently in front of. "She's don pissed ma off fer da last time!" His rolling accent not being able to pick a language he seems to want to speak, his message was very clear and his resound was even clearer but he did seem to be acting a child.

I AM THE RETURN!

Mithlomwen

Shaking her head, Don Mithlomwen couldn't believe that they had lost both Aiden and their rat.  "So much for my good money going to waste."  She said grouchily.  "Something tells me that Valerian had something to do with this.  I think she needs to learn what happens when someone crosses us." 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Cassiopeia

Cassiopeia's emotions were in conflict.  So pleased was she over the death of Xandi, yet she was in mourning over the loss of another member of their brethren and their most valued rat.  With a sigh she tilted her head forward, looking down at the table and sending her long tresses tumbling forward to shroud her face.  Thirteenhearts had always proven to be a thorn in her side, but she doubted if that choice would do the most damage to the Linguines, and it was all about completely stomping them out.  Pushing her personal feelings aside she quietly said "Valerian, I think she's got more power than we even realize."  Her slender hand stroked over the .38 caliber pistol, nestled securely in her thigh holster, well concealed by the skirt of her dress.  Despite being Italian there was only one language the Linguines understood - violence.

Galanthor

Galanthor smoked a big cigar. The war was close to an end... So many Canolli gone, the main figures mostly revealed...maybe this cigar would be his last. Everything was as he has forseen it...not in every detail but...still... The Linguines have eliminated one more Canolli than lost their people... No assasin and not bodyguard left...in fact there was only one thing left that would determine the end of this war...the Linguines still had a rat...finding it would mean the death of both families,  not finding only theirs...so Galanthor would die anyway...

"Take Valerian if you want...it does no matter anymore, who dies"

Ramster

Ramster bit his nails nervously. The Linguine were picking them off left, right and centre, but there was hope yet. The Linguine assassin lay dead too, after all, as did their capo. Now to streamline taking down the survivors in the endgame. "Valerian it is then," he decided, "and I think she should have been higher on our lists of targets. Look what she's had done to us!"
Leave not a piss untaken, nor a Michael unappropriated.
A/As!!!
Knight of the Order of the Pizza

Nulla gratuitas sine anchoa

Beguile's Mistress

Don Beguiles paced back and forth in her private office at The Salty Seaman comparing the choice before her.  Thinking back over the last few days she looked at each move both families made.  Suddenly she stopped and stood looking into the full-length mirror on the back of her office door.  One hand rested on her cocked hip and the other threaded through her thick auburn hair pulling it into a twist on the top of her head before letting it go to tumble around her face and shoulders.  An evil smile spread across her face.

"Galanthor!"

Esoteric Myobi

Business had taken longer than usual to finish and Myobi never left any loose ends untied. Apparently all hell had broken loose in the short span of time she'd been absent, a new Don had barely been chosen before heads started rolling left and right. Bursting into The Salty Seaman, a deep scowl marring her usual uncaring face, she stopped at the doorway to take in the surroundings. Unhappy faces everywhere, some jittery, others drunk, but the overall atmosphere was tense.

"Ah heard dat sumbody named Galanthor's been tearin us up..." Dark glittering eyes sweeped the room before she walked to the bar, heels clacking until she reached a stool and swiveled onto it. Drink in one hand, the other traced her S & W 642 lovingly she whispered silkily, "Ain't gonna happen for long now..."

...I want to be your wet dream, your daydream, your only distraction...
~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Remiel

Valerian, the Linguine Consigliere, wasn't stupid.  After all the violence and bloodshed of the past couple of days, she knew that danger literally lurked around every corner.  She played it smart: she never drove her own car, always having trusted friends and associates drive her around the city; she always kept a silenced .44 Magnum in her handbag at all times; she never took the same way home, and made sure to vary her schedule enough so that her habits couldn't be patterned; and she never entered her apartment without persuading or bribing someone else to do it first, in case there were any hidden assassins or incendiary devices waiting for her.

So far, it had worked.  After a thorough sweep of her suite revealed nothing more dangerous than her grey tomcat dozing beneath an armoire, she sat down at her desk and poured herself a celebratory glass of Cabernet Sauvignon.  Taking a drink, Valerian congratulated herself on outsmarting and outwitting her enemies.

Too bad she didn't notice that the cabernet was laced with a deadly dose of cyanide...

---

Meanwhile, ramster, the Cannoli Bodyguard, had just finished reading the letter written to him by Beguile's Mistress.  It read simply:

Galanthor is the target.  Make it look like an accident.

He nodded, set the letter on fire with a match from his pocket, and scattered the ashes out the window.  Then, tucking a snub-nose Smith & Wesson into the waistband of his pants, he adjusted his pinstripe suit jacket so that it hid the bulge.  Finally, checking his tie in the mirror one last time, he shut the door behind him.

A few minutes later, he knocked on the door to Galanthor's office.

"Come in," came the voice from within.

Ramster entered.  "You wanted to see me?"

"Take a seat," Galanthor insisted.

Ramster did so, slipping into the chair opposite the Cannoli Consigliere's desk.  Galanthor finished the note he was writing, closed the ledger, and gave Ramster a long, hard stare.  Then he cleared his throat. 

"I've been checking the accounts of every Cannoli Associate.  When I got to yours, I couldn't help but notice that a very substantial amount was added to your portfolio not long after the night Don Pastrami passed away.  A very sizeable amount.  One million dollars, in fact.  Would you care to explain that?"

Ramster stared back at Galanthor. He knew the gig was up.  Galanthor had discovered he was the Linguine Rat.  He was basically a dead man walking.  It was just as well that he had come to kill the Consigliere.

Both men moved at the same time.  There was the dual pop of handguns being fired simultaneously, and then acrid tang of gunpowder and blood.  Galanthor slumped back in his seat, his chest stained a deep crimson, his eyes glazing; his only consolation would be knowing that Ramster, that filthy rat,  had met the same fate.

---

Geez, that one was long.  Well, it looks like this one is headed for a tie, but there is one more X-factor to consider: whether one side will fall asleep at the wheel before both teams have a chance to pick each other off.  Next round of voting closes at 11:59 pm, PST Thursday, 22 July, or after I hear from everybody left standing, whichever comes first.

Cassiopeia                                          Esoteric Myobi
Galanthor (Consigliere)                                          Valerian (Consigliere)
Imogen (Underboss)                                          Xandi (Assassin)
Aiden (Assassin)                                          Lord Mayerling (Capo)
Moirae (Capo)                                          Absinthe Tori (Associate)
Rolin (Rat, Linguine Underboss)                                          Ramster (Rat, Cannoli Bodyguard)

DudelRok

Dudel sat there looking at his left over comrades, his face was almost blank. He didn't care right now, there wasn't a point... why was he even alive right now? Dodged a bullet or two, that's good. One more day living means one more day screwing and drinking, right? Yeah, that was the spirit.

There he chuckled, his feet up on the table he was apparently near and continued to watch. Yes, right now it just didn't matter all that much. With a shrug, he pulled a coin out of his pocket.

Heads for Esoteric Myobi and tails for thirteenhearts. The hell, right?

"Screw it," He thought to himself as he flicked the thing in the air then caught it and placed it one the back of his opposite hand. The coin sat there for a moment as Dudel still watched his partners in crime. The Don who one vote by some unknown luck and... whoever the heck the other chick was.

His hand raised, and it made him chuckle.

"thirteenhearts, heh... even fate wants'er dead."

I AM THE RETURN!

thirteenhearts

Thirteen was playing poker in the back room of an Italian restaurant near the Salty Seaman when the owner came and whispered in her ear that Valerian and their family's rat, Ramster, had been murdered.  She nodded as he scurried out of the hazy room filled with cigar and cigarette smoke.  Her fingers played with the various colored chips on the table remaining emotionless as the cards were dealt.  Thirteen threw back the shot of whiskey in front of her, feeling the burn in her throat and carefully peeked at her cards.  She wasn't playing for chump change and had amassed quite a bit of money from these other suckers at the table who doubted a woman playing.

Her mind focused on the cards for a moment and then ran through the remaining Linguine family.  Don Mith seemed to have everyone under her thumb, which left Dudelrok and Cassiopeia.  Thirteen looked at her cards; Aces & Eights...dead man's hand for Cassiopeia.

Cassiopeia

This was the most deadly rivalry the Cannoli family had ever come up against.  They would take out the Linguines or die trying.  There was a cold nothingness in the pit of her stomach, hatred, revenge, desperation, but not fear.  Never fear.  Drumming her polished nails on the cherry table top her cool eyes met each remaining member of her family.  "Thirteenhearts' time has come," she said with a quiet but sharp hate.  Thirteen was indeed an unlucky number.